2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

Re: 2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by ANGCatFan »

HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Am always curious how guys like Josh Allen end up at a JUCO in the first place.....anyone know if he had to go that route because of academics or was he just a late bloomer? With his size I'd have to think he was D-1 material out of high school and that it was for academics reasons.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

ANGCatFan wrote:
UW.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote:
UW.
Anybody but ASu please.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Gutwald lists Arizona as his favorite:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... rd-matthew
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Scummy Dick Douglas

UAEebs86 wrote:Gutwald lists Arizona as his favorite:

UW insiders are sure he is theirs. ASU insiders think its between ASU and UW. UA insiders think its between UA and UW. I believe he is going to UW because he has taken 3 trips there, and after last weekends trip to Seattle, he set his commitment date for next week.

Edit: meant this comment to pertain to the Eletise discussion.
Last edited by Scummy Dick Douglas on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FightWildcatsFight

UW insiders are sure he is theirs. ASU insiders think its between ASU and UW. UA insiders think its between UA and UW. I believe he is going to UW because he has taken 3 trips there, and after last weekends trip to Seattle, he set his commitment date for next week.
You mean Eletise right?
Scummy Dick Douglas

FightWildcatsFight wrote:

You mean Eletise right?
Sorry yeah. I was just chatting with a buddy from UW. Eletise has made everyone feel like he is theirs.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Matty D has been trying really hard in this one. Dont think it will be asu. My gut says Arizona but my head says Washington
FightWildcatsFight

6-3 325lb defensive tackle. I like the size. He was a Top 100 recruit at LSU but he struggled with academics which ultimately forced him to transfer to Arizona Western CC, the former school of 2015 safety Paul Magloire.
Magloire is doing a lot of recruiting out of Arizona Western, apparently:
Clifton Garrett, another former LSU player. 6-2 242lb linebacker.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

With these new offers, does it mean we don't feel good about some of our current targets committing?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UALoco wrote:With these new offers, does it mean we don't feel good about some of our current targets committing?
I'd gather it means there are elite level prospects in our own back yard playing for a program we have a very good relationship with. Obviously these guys need to be vetted to the highest extent possible (especially the 2 DTs), but if you can get this talent you don't say no if everything is a go with these guys personality wise.
FightWildcatsFight

Can never get enough size on the d-line.

That said, I'm hoping we pick up some of our OL targets because that is clearly an area of need in the future.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

I was wondering if RR would be after any of the three LSU players who transferred to Arizona Western.

Clifton Garrett and Travonte Valentine appear to have had academic problems. Garrett was the top rated MLB in 2014, Valentine was a top-10ish DT from the same class.

Keep an eye on if DT Lealaimatafao is pursued. Knocked out a man and woman and ran off with their wallets, that was like the third arrest of his freshman year. His name didn't appear in the above tweet though.

The other two don't have that kind of baggage, they just need to get it together in the classroom.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Sage&Silver wrote:I was wondering if RR would be after any of the three LSU players who transferred to Arizona Western.

Clifton Garrett and Travonte Valentine appear to have had academic problems. Garrett was the top rated MLB in 2014, Valentine was a top-10ish DT from the same class.

Keep an eye on if DT Lealaimatafao is pursued. Knocked out a man and woman and ran off with their wallets, that was like the third arrest of his freshman year. His name didn't appear in the above tweet though.

The other two don't have that kind of baggage, they just need to get it together in the classroom.
His name didn't appear in regards to receiving an offer, but it does seem as if he will be visiting Arizona. I assume some MAJOR vetting would take place before an offer was ever given to him. In regards to Valentine it looks like the academic problems were self-inflicted in the sense that he would skip classes regularly and according to LSU fans when he did attend he was high. Garrett is a must get though as I haven't seen any red flags associated with him. Valentine just needs to get his head on straight. The other guy we'll have to see.
FightWildcatsFight

ChooChooCat wrote:
Sage&Silver wrote:I was wondering if RR would be after any of the three LSU players who transferred to Arizona Western.

His name didn't appear in regards to receiving an offer, but it does seem as if he will be visiting Arizona. I assume some MAJOR vetting would take place before an offer was ever given to him. In regards to Valentine it looks like the academic problems were self-inflicted in the sense that he would skip classes regularly and according to LSU fans when he did attend he was high. Garrett is a must get though as I haven't seen any red flags associated with him. Valentine just needs to get his head on straight. The other guy we'll have to see.
Can you see RR recruiting someone with the kind of baggage Lealaimatafao has? I know he is all for second chances and all but that's a pretty serious charge.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

ChooChooCat wrote:
UALoco wrote:With these new offers, does it mean we don't feel good about some of our current targets committing?
I'd gather it means there are elite level prospects in our own back yard playing for a program we have a very good relationship with. Obviously these guys need to be vetted to the highest extent possible (especially the 2 DTs), but if you can get this talent you don't say no if everything is a go with these guys personality wise.
This. All of these guys left LSU and have been recruits again for two months. Staff probably just wanted to get them on campus and do it in person. There elite guys no reason we shouldnt offer
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Can you see RR recruiting someone with the kind of baggage Lealaimatafao has? I know he is all for second chances and all but that's a pretty serious charge.
To be fair, as I recall it was outside a bar, so this presumably was a drunk fight and not an attempt to rob. And the woman was the other man's date. It wasn't clear if she was intentionally hit or just caught an elbow trying to break it up.

This is all as I recall from reading a week or two ago about these three transfers. I'm anything but a reliable source on the topic.
I've searched but can't find the article detailing what happened.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:

First of all Gesunheidt, that was a nasty sneeze you had there, and second of all like I said some very serious vetting needs to be done. The one no brainer here is the LB. The other two definitely need research done on them.
Scummy Dick Douglas

catinfl wrote:Matty D has been trying really hard in this one. Dont think it will be asu. My gut says Arizona but my head says Washington
Scratch my previous prediction, its really between UA and ASU. The timing of his decision date coming right after a UW visit made me think he was a sure fire UW lean, but I am hearing he essentially ruled them out after that visit.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Well if that's accurate, that certainly ups the ante...............
Footballjunkie

Post by Footballjunkie »

Scratch my previous prediction, its really between UA and ASU. The timing of his decision date coming right after a UW visit made me think he was a sure fire UW lean, but I am hearing he essentially ruled them out after that visit.[/quote]

Doesn't he have relatives in Phoenix?
Sometimes when kids go away to college the parents want them to be close to family in case of injury or "other" issues that may come up in life.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

If what Scummy says it's true I think he commits to us Monday
FightWildcatsFight

Suddenly I'm much more concerned about his commitment.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think he comes our way. We have told him he is our #1 which I think will mean something in the end
Last edited by azcat49 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

azcat, I say this respectfully. But I just don't see how that really amounts to anything. Every coach this kid is going to visit is filling his head full of every ounce of propaganda that they can possibly think of to get the kid to go to their school. Now I get.....with his Alabama and Auburn offers etc, he surely is not getting the feeling he is their #1 priority. But I have a hard time believing that he thinks he is more highly thought of by RR than he is by Graham, Peterson or Riley.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I hear ya but I just think the kid has been made aware of our roster and that he would have a great chance of starting as a freshman. I think that was part of the pitch to make him aware he has been our top recruiting target
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

I will say the thought of having a trio of Guards in 2016 of a heeled up Keenan Walker, Alsadek and Eletise is something to get excited about. With the possibility of Tagola going pro after this year and Lene Maivae (however you spell it) being a Senior, I wonder is moving Alsadek to Tackle in 2016 would be a possibility if we do get Eletise. Seems he's (Alsadek) has the perfect frame for a Tackle.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Agreed Hacats. Count me as one who does not think Tagaloa leaves after this year. That line would be sick and would be very physical
Scummy Dick Douglas

Footballjunkie wrote:Doesn't he have relatives in Phoenix?
Sometimes when kids go away to college the parents want them to be close to family in case of injury or "other" issues that may come up in life.

He has a sister going to GCU.
Scummy Dick Douglas

I think he is UA bound.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:I think he is UA bound.
Get that weak ass reverse jinx shit out of here!
Scummy Dick Douglas

You guys might have talked about this already, so i apologize if redundant. Doesn't RR demand the kids that commit not take any further visits? Eletise has made it very clear he will be taking official visits, regardless of a commitment next week. Is RR being more flexible with this kid, or will those visits cause problems for him with the coaching staff?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I think the deal is that if a kid is upfront about taking his visits it's been ok.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

What time today is Eletise making his announcement. Did I read 6p Hawaii time, 9p AZ time?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

HaCats wrote:What time today is Eletise making his announcement. Did I read 6p Hawaii time, 9p AZ time?
9pm ish. He's announcing during a local TV newscast.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

http://www.scout.com/college/football/r ... ting-trail
In fact, the latest buzz we’ve heard in the last 24 hours is Eletise will likely decide between UA and Washington and it sounds like the Cats may have the edge right now. Here’s the latest on Scout Now.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

azgreg wrote:
Ok guys, that's my cue to start drinking heavily for either massive disappointment or extreme joy.

#OnToTheNextBeer
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I hope it's not Khalil Mckenzie all over again
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

3goggles wrote:I hope it's not Khalil Mckenzie all over again
Shut your whore mouth.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I deserve that
threenumberones

Already tuned in, beer in hand.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

threenumberones wrote:Already tuned in, beer in hand.
I refuse to watch a recruit signing pod cast or any other shit like that.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
threenumberones

azgreg wrote:
Yea, mostly just an excuse to drink a beer. I'm working and it is running in the background. After the Tabor debacle I'm only sort of excited about the high profile kids at this stage.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

threenumberones wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Yea, mostly just an excuse to drink a beer. I'm working and it is running in the background. After the Tabor debacle I'm only sort of excited about the high profile kids at this stage.
Who needs an excuse? :mrgreen:
FightWildcatsFight

How are you listening?