33 Scooby Wright III

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: 33 Scooby Wright III

Post by CalStateTempe »

Irish27 wrote:The ESPN ticker said Scooby will be out a month.
That's about right. Ucla might be too soon, unfortunately.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

azcat49 wrote:Can he come back mentally? I l know he has the hard edge but if he was going league you have to wonder how this might affect him
No way can I see this take the edge off his game because he's worrying about the NFL. The dude balls out so hard on every play because he's out to prove something. When he comes back I bet he feels he has even more to prove.
prh

Post by prh »

Fishclamps wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Can he come back mentally? I l know he has the hard edge but if he was going league you have to wonder how this might affect him
No way can I see this take the edge off his game because he's worrying about the NFL. The dude balls out so hard on every play because he's out to prove something. When he comes back I bet he feels he has even more to prove.
My thoughts exactly. I think that attitude will be hugely increased if we drop a game while he's out (hoping not to!)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

prh wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
My thoughts exactly. I think that attitude will be hugely increased if we drop a game while he's out (hoping not to!)
The one thing I don't worry about is Scooby's mental fortitude.

Dude is a motherfucking warrior.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great, I hope you are all right and he comes back just as aggressive and effective
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:Is this about the first time something like this has worked out for us as a fanbase?
Well let's just see how the recovery goes before we start talking about it having worked out ;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

UAEebs86 wrote:
yup, looks like scoob's out through at least the ucla game: Source: Arizona LB Wright has meniscus surgery, hopes to be back in a month (via espn)

hope he has a speedy recovery
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Scooby works his butt off and he will do everything he can to get back as soon as possible. I don't know if he will be back by UCLA, but Im not counting him out of it.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

I guess this is the best time to bring up the conversation of who will replace Scooby next year? Are we grooming someone for that spot?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

whatisee wrote:I guess this is the best time to bring up the conversation of who will replace Scooby next year? Are we grooming someone for that spot?
Don't think you can just groom someone to replace Scooby. The guy is one of those ultra rare finds in football where being humble, passionate about football, and fucking good at what he does makes for a very potent combo.

Can't really teach that unfortunately, just have to hope a tiny piece of his level of work ethic rubs off on the rest of the team.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UAEebs86 wrote:
"Injury Expert." Does he testify at trials?

Is he the Father of Debridement?

#behereallweek #trythechimis
Right where I want to be.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Fishclamps wrote:
whatisee wrote:I guess this is the best time to bring up the conversation of who will replace Scooby next year? Are we grooming someone for that spot?
Don't think you can just groom someone to replace Scooby. The guy is one of those ultra rare finds in football where being humble, passionate about football, and fucking good at what he does makes for a very potent combo.

Can't really teach that unfortunately, just have to hope a tiny piece of his level of work ethic rubs off on the rest of the team.
I'm talking about the MLB spot. The QB of the D. Scoob6y is gone next year. The #2 guy is a RS senior. Who is our D's QB next year once Scooby is gone? 'Punchy' Cody Ippolito?

OF COURSE you could never replace Scooby haha
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

whatisee wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:

I'm talking about the MLB spot. The QB of the D. Scoob6y is gone next year. The #2 guy is a RS senior. Who is our D's QB next year once Scooby is gone? 'Punchy' Cody Ippolito?

Yeah I get what you're saying now, but I dunno if you can necessarily groom someone to take over the leadership of the D. You can certainly try and hope specific people step up to the plate, but I think for the most part we're just gonna have to wait and see who it comes to naturally.

Hopefully it's someone that starts to shine in the short absence of Scooby over the next few weeks.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Fishclamps wrote:
whatisee wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:

Yeah I get what you're saying now, but I dunno if you can necessarily groom someone to take over the leadership of the D. You can certainly try and hope specific people step up to the plate, but I think for the most part we're just gonna have to wait and see who it comes to naturally.

Hopefully it's someone that starts to shine in the short absence of Scooby over the next few weeks.
I'm looking out for Kendall Franklin. He got some good love in camp and impressed. He also said he came here because of Scooby. To learn from and be around the best.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

BearDown89 wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
whatisee wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:

Which is the exact reason losing him for any length of time is so brutal. Not only is he a one man wrecking crew, but he inspires all the players around him on the field and the ones off of it to push themselves. I would have to imagine moral on the defensive side took a pretty big hit when he left.

Long story short, I hope Scooby's real lasting impact on this program is to be the role model all of our players aspire to.

I'm looking out for Kendall Franklin. He got some good love in camp and impressed. He also said he came here because of Scooby. To learn from and be around the best.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://arizona.247sports.com/Bolt/Rodri ... e-39246284

Wright will travel with the team to Nevada

Sucks for the 71st player on the team who has to stay home now.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

azgreg wrote:
Here's to Smothers being a Nick Foles type of practice player. Him and Ware could see playing time due to need, so you never know what could happen there. Hopefully make a lot of you eat your words :)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Good article by board resident Gimino:

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/2997 ... king-rehab
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:Good article by board resident Gimino:

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/2997 ... king-rehab
I was just reading that piece. great work.
The worry was somewhat alleviated at halftime, when it was evident that Scooby wasn't showing signs of a torn ligament. The family was able to take Scooby for an MRI exam in Friday's early morning hours, and they were back at the Lowell-Stevens Football Facility later that morning, meeting with doctors, trainers and coaches.

It was at this point that the family was cautious, eager to seek out multiple professional opinions.

"I tell you this, the school was first class," Phil said.
"Once they got in there, the injury was less than they even could have thought," Phil said.

Scooby was able to return home that night, walking around the house without crutches.

"I think he's going to come back even stronger than he was before," Rodriguez said. "Knowing Scooby, he will be chomping at the bit, but we will make sure, and the trainers will make sure, that when he is coming back, he's coming back 100 percent ready to go."
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... e-practice
All-American linebacker Scooby Wright, who had surgery after suffering a torn meniscus in No. 16 Arizona's season opener, will try practicing this week as the team prepares for Saturday's showdown against No. 9 UCLA.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

hope he doesn't push it too hard
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Epic picture
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

ASUHATER! wrote:hope he doesn't push it too hard
same. not that the trainers & med staff would allow him to play if he wasn't ready, i'd rather scoob sit this one out and be 100% for the rest of the season than play at 80% and get re-injured. it's only ucla.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I imagine the training staff recalls the Adam Hall fiasco quite well.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Hopefully RichRod doesn't use the same judgement on Scooby that he used on the Matt Scott concussion injury protocol. Hate seeing kids playing when they shouldn't and risk further injury
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

MrBug708 wrote:Hopefully RichRod doesn't use the same judgement on Scooby that he used on the Matt Scott concussion injury protocol. Hate seeing kids playing when they shouldn't and risk further injury
Nice try, but doctors makes those calls.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

I think if anything Scooby would end up lying to get on the field vs RR potentially bringing him back at even 95%. True football players do what they can to get back on the field, because its the one thing they really wanna do. They probably shouldn't, but they do. I seriously doubt anyone is pushing the star player of this team to hurry his ass up and come back.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

MrBug708 wrote:Hopefully RichRod doesn't use the same judgement on Scooby that he used on the Matt Scott concussion injury protocol. Hate seeing kids playing when they shouldn't and risk further injury
you're so good at the backhanded twat behavior.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Fishclamps wrote:I think if anything Scooby would end up lying to get on the field vs RR potentially bringing him back at even 95%. True football players do what they can to get back on the field, because its the one thing they really wanna do. They probably shouldn't, but they do. I seriously doubt anyone is pushing the star player of this team to hurry his ass up and come back.
Someone tried to stay off the field although cleared, see below.

Sage&Silver wrote:

And doctor's have differing opinions.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Sage&Silver wrote:
Just like the DA makes the call on felony charges and when players are reinstated
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Get out of here with that crap.

IF Scooby plays it will be because: Scooby, Scooby's family, the training staff, The Medical Staff, AND the coaching staff all give the OK.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
you're so good at the backhanded twat behavior.
And youre just an asshat who wants to be accepted by the board. I guess we all have our deal. But at least you arent your brother so I guess it's not all gloom and doom.
Sid

Post by Sid »

So if the medical staff says he's good to go, who are we to judge? The bottom line is Scooby most certainly did everything required and then some to get where he his now. That's just how this kid is, a fierce competitor and the text book definition of a OKG.

That being said, having to pretty much sit out of 3 games (UTSA minimal minutes) and this caged animal is about to be unleashed on a rookie QB under a national spotlight with the world tuning in. :shock:

Good times ahead for Mr. Rosen!

Should be a lot of fun, can't wait.....
Last edited by Sid on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

if he doesnt practice and practice well doing so without limitation and range at full speed he 100% shouldnt play.
Last edited by 97cats on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I like you Bug for a non UA fan, but the Scott comment bugs me right now. No pun intended. Do you mean the USC game or the UCLA game in 2012? I can understand if you mean USC but I think it is a bad look if you are talking about UCLA when medial professionals cleared him.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MrBug708 wrote:
Sage&Silver wrote:
Just like the DA makes the call on felony charges and when players are reinstated
The DA makes the call when a player is reinstated?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

PHXCATS wrote:I like you Bug for a non UA fan, but the Scott comment bugs me right now. No pun intended. Do you mean the USC game or the UCLA game in 2012? I can understand if you mean USC but I think it is a bad look if you are talking about UCLA when medial professionals cleared him.
I remember the game bug is talking about and honestly I didn't understand why Scott came back in to that game, he threw up on the field and looked a little wobbly.

This year on the football boards has been a little chippy, I'm liking it.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

PHXCATS wrote:I like you Bug for a non UA fan, but the Scott comment bugs me right now. No pun intended. Do you mean the USC game or the UCLA game in 2012? I can understand if you mean USC but I think it is a bad look if you are talking about UCLA when medial professionals cleared him.
Just watching him, you could tell he wasn't right and shouldn't have been on the field, concussion or not he shouldn't have had his helmet
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:
Just watching him, you could tell he wasn't right and shouldn't have been on the field, concussion or not he shouldn't have had his helmet
So USC game right? If so I agree with you. If you mean another game your comment is not fair because doctors cleared him after plenty of evaluation
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

PHXCATS wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
So USC game right? If so I agree with you. If you mean another game your comment is not fair because doctors cleared him after plenty of evaluation
Yeah almost positive he meant the game he never actually left
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Concussions are tricky things. IMO, the training staff should've taken him out as a precaution, but why does it matter that Rich Rod allowed him back into the game? If the training staff didn't take away his helmet or bar him from returning, why should we expect a non-medical professional, like a coach, to do it? Isn't that the entire point? Take away the decision-making power from coaches and players, and putting the decision in the hands of medical professionals?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I thought we all got past this Matt Scott confusion between puking and concussion when he puked in the NFL preseason.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Me too, the bruin fans are just being the turds in the punch bowl that they almost always are.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Back to Scooby...

By my count he will be 20 days post op on Saturday. Which is pretty close to the 3-4 week window for the injury.

I don't see a problem if the training staff says he's good to go and is braced and taped up.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I think that is key, everyone seems to hear 3-4 weeks and assumes 3-4 games but Friday will be the 3rd week. Just him engaged and being a pass rush on 3rd downs would lift the D. Not a full rotation, just a sniff.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

97cats wrote:if he doesnt practice and practice well doing so without limitation and range at full speed he 100% shouldnt play.
This. There is physiology and healing that needs to take place that is independent of conditioning, muscle mass, motivation, etc. I'm not an orthopod, but anything less then 3 weeks for this type of condition is a set up for reinjury, in general.

Then again people arnt textbooks and Scooby maybe an outlier. Interested to see what his, his coaches, and his medical team decide.