Dawkins

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

whatisee

Dawkins

Post by whatisee »

If Anu can't go vs Stanford then it's Dawkins with a heavy dose of Randall.

No one get's a red-shirt. Throw everyone out there and see who can play
Last edited by whatisee on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid

Re: Dawkins

Post by Sid »

whatisee wrote:If Anu can't go vs Stanford then it's Dawkins with a heavy done of Randall.

Maybe we can find someone that can actually snap him the damn ball?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Sid wrote:
whatisee wrote:If Anu can't go vs Stanford then it's Dawkins with a heavy done of Randall.

Put Walton in there and move Bundage back to his guard spot.
Last edited by whatisee on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

whatisee wrote:
Sid wrote:

Put Walton in there and move abundance back to his guard spot.
Walton hasn't been good enough to start at Center. Only Bundage. No true centers were recruited.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Brought in Garrolla. Then this year got Catalano as a transfer and they had Woodsbut got injured. They tried to get Hegerty who ended up at Oregon. Tried Walton and recruited a freshman (name escapes me, Nathan Eldridgre I think, guard and center in HS?) who was a true center att the college level but isn't ready.

Try outs all spring and fall and Bundage was the best. Keep beating that drum Chief
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Brought in Garrolla. Then this year got Catalano as a transfer and they had Woodsbut got injured. They tried to get Hegerty who ended up at Oregon. Tried Walton and recruited a freshman (name escapes me, Nathan ?) who was a true center but isn't ready.

Try outs all spring and fall and Bundage was the best. Keep beating that drum Chief

You're dead wrong. Cat played OG and DT for SJSU. Nathan Eldridge is a OG. Walton is a OT. So, now what were you saying?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Aldridge played some center and was recruited as such. Was given a try out in the fall. He was a guard his Sr year up here in Phoenix.

As for Catalano I said he was a transfer. Your banging on RR again because you simply don't like him.

It's getting old Chief. Give it some balance
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Aldridge played some center and was recruited as such. Was given a try out in the fall. He was a guard his Sr year up here in Phoenix.

As for Catalano I said he was a transfer. Your banging on RR again because you simply don't like him.

It's getting old Chief. Give it some balance

Eldridge was recruited as a G/T. No TRUE center was recruited. That was my initial statement which is fact and you tried twisting it around. I was only stating truth. You took it and ran with it. Think about that.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Also, as of now, there are no center commits for the 2016 class.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I didn't twist anything, I simply posted what I was told by a Phoenix football official who worked his games last year and commented on his talent and from Information from the rivals site

Concerning a true center, how many guys out there are like that? Are they not like some of the quality middle yards/nose tackles we always covet (serious question) and don't most high school teams move guys like that to guard anyway
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:I didn't twist anything, I simply posted what I was told by a Phoenix football official who worked his games last year and commented on his talent and from Information from the rivals site

Concerning a true center, how many guys out there are like that? Are they not like some of the quality middle yards/nose tackles we always covet (serious question) and don't most high school teams move guys like that to guard anyway
Well, every HS team has a center, right? Sure, some are interchangeable and can usually play guard as well but there are plenty of centers out there. In offense, there always has to be one guy playing center. NT is completely different because a NT in the 3-3-5 is different than a NT in the 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. So, it's been harder for Casteel to get.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Brought in Garrolla. Then this year got Catalano as a transfer and they had Woodsbut got injured. They tried to get Hegerty who ended up at Oregon. Tried Walton and recruited a freshman (name escapes me, Nathan ?) who was a true center but isn't ready.

You're dead wrong. Cat played OG and DT for SJSU. Nathan Eldridge is a OG. Walton is a OT. So, now what were you saying?
Walton is a tackle? The dude is 6'2. He was recruited to play OG and C. Remember his articles on signing day saying that they wanted him at C
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catinfl wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Walton is a tackle? The dude is 6'2. He was recruited to play OG and C. Remember his articles on signing day saying that they wanted him at C
Meaning he played tackle in HS. Sure he can play G/C at Arizona and I had him pegged as the starter before spring game. Sorry to see he didn't pan out this season but I'm sure he'll be in the mix next year.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Don't high school often move there best lineman depending on the offense to tackle or guard much like teams often move their best player to shortstop? You can use more of there talents I think. College not as much
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Don't high school often move there best lineman depending on the offense to tackle or guard much like teams often move their best player to shortstop? You can use more of there talents I think. College not as much

You want your tackles to be the trees that have good footwork and the guards to be able to run so they can pull. Your center can sufficiently hike the ball with good footwork and ultra quick hands so he can come up for the block. College is the same. The deal with HS is most teams have to distribute their talent because they don't have much of it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Correct so they move guys like Walton and Eldridge to guard or tackle to maximize there talent.

Because that talent is thin it is hard to find a true center unless thst HS team is just stacked
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Correct so they move guys like Walton and Eldridge to guard or tackle to maximize there talent.

Because that talent is thin it is hard to find a true center unless thst HS team is just stacked

Yes, you need your talent at G and T but IMO the most successful teams have had a good center. They are out there but like Kickers, ya gotta do some searching. Sometimes the smaller guards and tackles in HS who snapped some are ideal. It just depends. It is tough to find a good center though. No doubt about it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep. Tough to find just like those SEC worthy nose tackles. I think we all knew we would liss SG from last year and Caymen is foing his best and won the job.

Walton or Eldridge next year should be ready so we should have some depth forcat least a couple years