Arizona Uniform Combo Tracker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azpenguin

Re: Arizona Uniform Combo Tracker

Post by azpenguin »

The Butcher wrote:I don't think we can be dark color on the road though for our tops.
If arrangements are made with the other school, you can do that. The USC/UCLA and Oregon/Oregon St. games the last couple of years have looked great with both teams wearing colors.

Last edited by azpenguin on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

well one of the ntosu and oregon games made my eyes bleed with like neon orange and green/yellow
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Red/white/white it is.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chrome red white and white vs some grey black copper mess for asu
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like 2/3rds of the uniform is confirmed.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Big time bowl, hitting a pizza/game place, although I am sure the kids will have fun. Wonder if they will have the singing robotic animals?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Awful

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:Awful
Agree I'm terms of the Saguaro logo. Poorly executed, but the matte blue color and facemask look really good. The A would look sweet on that. Much nicer than our current blue helmets which are my least favorite.

As I sit here watching Michigan, Florida, Ohio State and ND, I see classic solid no-gimmick uniforms. Nothing like the Romper Room get ups the Cats wear. We have great colors, I wish we'd get back to that.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

BearDown89 wrote:
Agree I'm terms of the Saguaro logo. Poorly executed, but the matte blue color and facemask look really good. The A would look sweet on that. Much nicer than our current blue helmets which are my least favorite.

As I sit here watching Michigan, Florida, Ohio State and ND, I see classic solid no-gimmick uniforms. Nothing like the Romper Room get ups the Cats wear. We have great colors, I wish we'd get back to that.
I agree that looks hideous... I like the old cactus logo, just not for a football helmet, and certainly not for that implementation.

The matte blue look is kinda cool, though.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

BearDown89 wrote:

We're not Notre Dame or Michigan. We don't have traditional uniforms or much tradition. Us, like almost every other program, need and rely on gimmicks.

Btw.... I don't know what you mean about going back to our colors... We've never left them. Outside of the 1 inch wide purple on the shoulders, 100% of our uniforms are all completely accurate school colors.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Isn't that the basketball only logo? Here is the equivalent football one.

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:

We're not Notre Dame or Michigan. We don't have traditional uniforms or much tradition. Us, like almost every other program, need and rely on gimmicks.

Btw.... I don't know what you mean about going back to our colors... We've never left them. Outside of the 1 inch wide purple on the shoulders, 100% of our uniforms are all completely accurate school colors.
I was referring to getting back to a more classic uni style with our great school colors. By the way, I don't need an Arizona history or tradition lesson from you. I've been at this since 1976. That's 40 years. How old are you?

Are you even capable of having a pleasant conversation?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I like that blue matte and would love to see our trademarked block A on it. Make it so powers that be.

Oh and it looks like 89 has had enough of Hater LOL. You think
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

That helmet logo is hideous.

Regarding next year's uniforms, for the love of God, can we please get some decent looking uniforms? From the bra-strap looking jerseys of the Stoop era to the rainbow stripes, it just dumbfounds me that, with the best color combination, and best university logo in the nation, we cannot get GREAT looking unis.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

carcassdragger wrote:That helmet logo is hideous.

Regarding next year's uniforms, for the love of God, can we please get some decent looking uniforms? From the bra-strap looking jerseys of the Stoop era to the rainbow stripes, it just dumbfounds me that, with the best color combination, and best university logo in the nation, we cannot get GREAT looking unis.
I'm going to guess that we are getting new uniforms with the new contract we signed and normally wear a set for 3 years. I am hoping for something more like 99 team or even the Mike Bell years. But what ever gets us more recruits I am down with.
Sid

Post by Sid »

carcassdragger wrote:That helmet logo is hideous.

Yep. Whomever was the brainchild behind our current unis has a wonderful sense of humor!
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

azgreg wrote:
No plz.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

azgreg wrote:
Ugly, plus putting 'arizona' there with little space doesn't make sense.

I always like this concept I saw a while ago. Not perfect but a nice alternative cactus design.

Which is kind of similar in style to the best helmet of all time.

I still don't know how Arizona continues to have ugly uniforms with the best color combo possible. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Are we getting new uniforms?

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

NYCat wrote:Are we getting new uniforms?
GB mentioned something about it a while back.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

I agree NYCat. Ole Miss has a simple and collegiate look. I wouldn't want to rip them off but I'd love to go after a similar look. Maybe horizontal lines on the sleeve, instead of the curves. With our helmets, I'm wondering how a knocked out Wilbur logo would look against blue or red. May be interesting. But if we're going to stray from the block A, I wouldn't want to stray too far.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Can we please make the A this big on the helmets again?? PLEASE???
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I know I'm in the minority here but I prefer a smaller A on the helmets. (Maybe it's just a knee jerk reaction because the number one request I get at work is "make the logo bigger." Gah.)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azpenguin wrote:I know I'm in the minority here but I prefer a smaller A on the helmets. (Maybe it's just a knee jerk reaction because the number one request I get at work is "make the logo bigger." Gah.)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azpenguin wrote:I know I'm in the minority here but I prefer a smaller A on the helmets. (Maybe it's just a knee jerk reaction because the number one request I get at work is "make the logo bigger." Gah.)
Ban poll plz
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Hey, I've been wanting to bring back the Larry Smith-era block red A on the helmets for decades and gotten no traction. Don't think we're going to go retro-logo anytime soon.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

NYCat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Ugly, plus putting 'arizona' there with little space doesn't make sense.

I always like this concept I saw a while ago. Not perfect but a nice alternative cactus design.

Absolutely and completely hideous. Please no.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

catgrad97 wrote:Hey, I've been wanting to bring back the Larry Smith-era block red A on the helmets for decades and gotten no traction. Don't think we're going to go retro-logo anytime soon.
Well the current A is the official logo do unless it's a one off throwback, it ain't happening.

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I know that the trademark team inside the department will never change the A. In my business class with Vic he said they tried to claim its the 4th most recognizable college logo nationwide which is bullshit. but they are stubborn. they wont allow even the wildcat face on stuff anymore. also suggested was a pink A for breast cancer awareness and that was shot down.
CatinVA

Post by CatinVA »

btfd16 wrote:I know that the trademark team inside the department will never change the A. In my business class with Vic he said they tried to claim its the 4th most recognizable college logo nationwide which is bullshit. but they are stubborn. they wont allow even the wildcat face on stuff anymore. also suggested was a pink A for breast cancer awareness and that was shot down.
Whenever I wear my stuff here out East, 9/10 times I'm asked if the "A" is for Alabama...
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

CatinVA wrote:
btfd16 wrote:I know that the trademark team inside the department will never change the A. In my business class with Vic he said they tried to claim its the 4th most recognizable college logo nationwide which is bullshit. but they are stubborn. they wont allow even the wildcat face on stuff anymore. also suggested was a pink A for breast cancer awareness and that was shot down.
Whenever I wear my stuff here out East, 9/10 times I'm asked if the "A" is for Alabama...
I'm from McKinney Texas near Dallas and every time people think it's Allen Eagles High School who were our rivals. I hate it. I have to have stuff that says Arizona. Cant have just the A.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Anyone ever notice that Arizona T-shirts almost always have the logo or U of A on the front and it's really hard to find T-shirts with the printing on the back?

I don't get it. Don't they know they'd sell more shirts if they put that stuff on the back?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Who buys t shirts with nothing on the front? I never would

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

catgrad97 wrote:Hey, I've been wanting to bring back the Larry Smith-era block red A on the helmets for decades and gotten no traction. Don't think we're going to go retro-logo anytime soon.
The old pre-88/89ish Block A is still there - it's depicted by the blue A outline of the logo. They added the sleek red A inside of the blue outline to give it a more "academic" look. That was part of the thinking when the current block A was designed. They were looking to emphasize an academic look and logo to brand the whole University as opposed to the old chunky traditional block A that really only represented University athletics at the time.
I'm with you on this. I think the scale is fine the way it is.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

carcassdragger wrote:Anyone ever notice that Arizona T-shirts almost always have the logo or U of A on the front and it's really hard to find T-shirts with the printing on the back?

I don't get it. Don't they know they'd sell more shirts if they put that stuff on the back?
My "Arizona Basketball Never Stops" Nike T has a big block A on the back. I love it.

When in doubt, make the logo bigger.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

BearDown89 wrote:
I am with both of you, although we seem to be in the board minority.

For those who do think the A is too small, it is a good thing they are not fans of OU or Alabama... or even Texas.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Harvey Specter wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:

For those who do think the A is too small, it is a good thing they are not fans of OU or Alabama... or even Texas.
OU logo is much larger, I'd like the block A to be that size. Don't need to to be 90's era big, but the OU logo size works

I don't know what you're talking about with Texas. The outstretched horns fill out the whole space

I think the Block A's problem is partially an optical illusion. The outer blue has a very thin white boarder so it blends into the helmet, even the red one because navy just doesn't pop.

FWIW, the teeny tiny A on the baseball team's caps bugs me too.

Maybe the graphics people know why. Does it look smaller because the logo has no negative space?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Sage&Silver wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:

OU logo is much larger, I'd like the block A to be that size. Don't need to to be 90's era big, but the OU logo size works

I don't know what you're talking about with Texas. The outstretched horns fill out the whole space

I think the Block A's problem is partially an optical illusion. The outer blue has a very thin white boarder so it blends into the helmet, even the red one because navy just doesn't pop.

FWIW, the teeny tiny A on the baseball team's caps bugs me too.

Maybe the graphics people know why. Does it look smaller because the logo has no negative space?
I am not sure what era football helmet you posted for OU, but it certainly is not current: I don't remember the least time they had gray face masks, but it has been a long time. I am on an iPad and cannot post a pic.... the OU logo I can see is about the same size as our A. As for Texas, the head of the Longhorn is smaller than our A... and it could be a lot bigger. (I love it the way it is, but I also like our A)

As I said, My opinion is in the minority... But I think the old A was too big. (And it was the helmet when I was ins school).
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Wore some U of A gear when I was in Austin for SXSW and every one there thought I was an Arkansas fan. Fwiw every hat I own has the Wildcat logo on the back of it, so we're still utilizing that logo. Sticking with the A logo does make sense though considering how many schools have Wildcats as their mascot and only one other school primarily utilizes an A logo (Bama).
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Chicat wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Anyone ever notice that Arizona T-shirts almost always have the logo or U of A on the front and it's really hard to find T-shirts with the printing on the back?

My "Arizona Basketball Never Stops" Nike T has a big block A on the back. I love it.

When in doubt, make the logo bigger.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

My new favorite gif.
Great way to compare the color combinations.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

Those are pretty nice in general, but holy shit the flag jersey is ugly. I don't mind the helmet so much but the jersey is unforgivable. The strip on the helmet is nice.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

baconus66 wrote:Those are pretty nice in general, but holy shit the flag jersey is ugly. I don't mind the helmet so much but the jersey is unforgivable. The strip on the helmet is nice.
Yeah, they had me until they vomited the US's worst state flag all over the unis.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
baconus66 wrote:Those are pretty nice in general, but holy shit the flag jersey is ugly. I don't mind the helmet so much but the jersey is unforgivable. The strip on the helmet is nice.
Yeah, they had me until they vomited the US's worst state flag all over the unis.
*Best state flag

Those unis aren't good though. But it's not even debatable that it's the best flag.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

vs

Come onnnnnnn
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Looks like Japan won the war.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

I love our state flag, but that doesn't mean we need to pull a maryland