Arizona Wildcats 2014 Predictions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

How many games will Arizona Wildcats win?

>10
10%
19%
37%
19%
8%
3%
No votes
<5
3%

Total votes: 62

azgreg

Re: Arizona Wildcats 2014 Predictions

Post by azgreg »

Did we not ever win another game without Ka'Deem?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

dc4azcats wrote:
dmjcat wrote: Whats to get??? How about we don't have Kadeem this year?? Do you GET that??????
Seriously? So we can't beat Utah because we don't have KaDeem TY? That's some insight right there.

Let's see Utah doesn't have the same team as LY, and stay with me on this, but we don't have the same team either. We won't be relying on the running game TY like we did LY to win games. Are you still with me? See guys graduate so LY's team has nothing to do with TY's team. Utah had the 3rd best D vs the run LY which goes back to my point that they felt they could stop KaDeem and win the game because they didn't think KaDeem was worth a crap. Denker wasn't worth a crap in that game and they couldn't stop KaDeem. Again, none of that has anything to do with TY's game.

Utah ranked 10th in the conf LY in pass defense. That's a big deal because they lost most of their secondary and they lost their best pass rusher in Reilly. It's also a big deal when you look at what Arizona will have when it goes 5 wide. When you couldn't cover anybody LY and the guys you have coming in are unproven it makes for a tall task to think you can cover what Arizona will bring to the WR position.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you think we don't have a QB to get the ball to the WR's and thus because we don't have KaDeem to run the ball we will lose the game? Is that what you're saying?
I never said we "Can't" beat Utah at SLC, I just don't think we will. Utah returns more starters (including their QB) and will be playing at home, where they are quite tough. They beat Stanford at home last year and should have knocked of the scum. Our primary weapon that we relied on to beat them last year is now playing in the league.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:
I would argue that we had better depth when Foles/Scott were #1/#2 (I would take Scott over all 3 of the backups we have at the moment). A large chunk of the 4000 yards you refer to were a direct result of having a top-flight college back (now in the NFL) that we won't have this year. Regarding our OL, the tackles are quite good (Ebelles and Baucus both have a shot at the league) but the interior of the line was pretty weak last year. We had so many 4th and 1's shoved back into our face it would be hard to count.

I'm all for pre-season Kool-Aid drinking............just as long as we can all understand that its Kool-Aid!
We had 4th and 1's shoved back in our face? We attempted 30 4th down conversions over a 13 game schedule which is a little more than 2 a game so I guess I don't remember all of those conversions shoved back in our face? Especially when we had KaDeen rushing the ball most of those conversions. The guy fell forward on every carry so again, I guess I don't remember those times when KaDeem got shoved back.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

dc4azcats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
I would argue that we had better depth when Foles/Scott were #1/#2 (I would take Scott over all 3 of the backups we have at the moment). A large chunk of the 4000 yards you refer to were a direct result of having a top-flight college back (now in the NFL) that we won't have this year. Regarding our OL, the tackles are quite good (Ebelles and Baucus both have a shot at the league) but the interior of the line was pretty weak last year. We had so many 4th and 1's shoved back into our face it would be hard to count.

I'm all for pre-season Kool-Aid drinking............just as long as we can all understand that its Kool-Aid!
We had 4th and 1's shoved back in our face? We attempted 30 4th down conversions over a 13 game schedule which is a little more than 2 a game so I guess I don't remember all of those conversions shoved back in our face? Especially when we had KaDeen rushing the ball most of those conversions. The guy fell forward on every carry so again, I guess I don't remember those times when KaDeem got shoved back.
Let me help your obviously failing memory...........Do you remember Kadeem Carey being stuffed on two 4th & 1's during the asu game last year??? I have pasted an article about it below:

The Wildcats went for it on 4th and 1 two plays into the second quarter, but running back Ka’Deem Carey was stopped seven yards behind the line of scrimmage by Devil backer Carl Bradford and ASU took over at their own 47. 1:23 later, the score stood at 20-0 after running back D.J. Foster ran in from 14 yards out for another Sun Devil touchdown. UA went for it on 4th and 1 again the next drive and Carey was again stopped, but this time for no gain
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
dmjcat wrote: Whats to get??? How about we don't have Kadeem this year?? Do you GET that??????
Seriously? So we can't beat Utah because we don't have KaDeem TY? That's some insight right there.

Let's see Utah doesn't have the same team as LY, and stay with me on this, but we don't have the same team either. We won't be relying on the running game TY like we did LY to win games. Are you still with me? See guys graduate so LY's team has nothing to do with TY's team. Utah had the 3rd best D vs the run LY which goes back to my point that they felt they could stop KaDeem and win the game because they didn't think KaDeem was worth a crap. Denker wasn't worth a crap in that game and they couldn't stop KaDeem. Again, none of that has anything to do with TY's game.

Utah ranked 10th in the conf LY in pass defense. That's a big deal because they lost most of their secondary and they lost their best pass rusher in Reilly. It's also a big deal when you look at what Arizona will have when it goes 5 wide. When you couldn't cover anybody LY and the guys you have coming in are unproven it makes for a tall task to think you can cover what Arizona will bring to the WR position.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you think we don't have a QB to get the ball to the WR's and thus because we don't have KaDeem to run the ball we will lose the game? Is that what you're saying?
I never said we "Can't" beat Utah at SLC, I just don't think we will. Utah returns more starters (including their QB) and will be playing at home, where they are quite tough. They beat Stanford at home last year and should have knocked of the scum. Our primary weapon that we relied on to beat them last year is now playing in the league.
Utah according to Phil Steele returns 6 on O and 6 on D while Arizona returns 7 on O and 6 on D.

So because they beat Stanford (we beat Oregon?) and we don't have KaDeem but we do have the best WR group in the conference which is now our primary weapon, we will still lose?

Did you also want to add that Utah had extra time to prepare for Stanford since they played on a Thurs the previous week? So are you not taking into consideration that TY Utah plays Oregon, at Stanford and then Arizona in 3 consecutive weeks or is just the win over Stanford from LY going to carry the day TY when we paly them? Oh, that's right we don't have KaDeem either and that coupled with them beating Stanford LY is why we will lose TY. Got it. I wonder if RR and the staff have thought of that?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I certainly agree with the Foles/Scott 1-2 being the best but of course that is because we have seen what they could do.

One can only wonder what kind of output Foles/Grigsby and the Gronk might have had with RR.

Our line should be better this year and I think Gurrola with a year of experience along with Bundage and Alsadek should help us be close to the top in rushing. Teams won't be able to stack the box this year because of our wideout and a QB who can get it to them
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Let me help your obviously failing memory...........Do you remember Kadeem Carey being stuffed on two 4th & 1's during the asu game last year??? I have pasted an article about it below:

The Wildcats went for it on 4th and 1 two plays into the second quarter, but running back Ka’Deem Carey was stopped seven yards behind the line of scrimmage by Devil backer Carl Bradford and ASU took over at their own 47. 1:23 later, the score stood at 20-0 after running back D.J. Foster ran in from 14 yards out for another Sun Devil touchdown. UA went for it on 4th and 1 again the next drive and Carey was again stopped, but this time for no gain
Correct me if I'm wrong but you said "We had so many 4th and 1's shoved back into our face it would be hard to count" and of the 30 attempts you're talking about 2 that happened against an Assu team that was pretty good on D? They also had 9 starters who are gone from that D. 2 of 30?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azcat49 wrote:I certainly agree with the Foles/Scott 1-2 being the best but of course that is because we have seen what they could do.

One can only wonder what kind of output Foles/Grigsby and the Gronk might have had with RR.

Our line should be better this year and I think Gurrola with a year of experience along with Bundage and Alsadek should help us be close to the top in rushing. Teams won't be able to stack the box this year because of our wideout and a QB who can get it to them
Teams may not have to stack the box against us........we won't have Kadeem running the ball this year. Opposing defenses will be able to play the pass without the threat of Kadeem running all over them.

As far as "A QB that can get it to them".......that is pure speculation that remains to be seen.

I hope you are correct.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

I'm all for pre-season Kool-Aid drinking............just as long as we can all understand that its Kool-Aid![/quote]

We had 4th and 1's shoved back in our face? We attempted 30 4th down conversions over a 13 game schedule which is a little more than 2 a game so I guess I don't remember all of those conversions shoved back in our face? Especially when we had KaDeen rushing the ball most of those conversions. The guy fell forward on every carry so again, I guess I don't remember those times when KaDeem got shoved back.[/quote]

The Wildcats went for it on 4th and 1 two plays into the second quarter, but running back Ka’Deem Carey was stopped seven yards behind the line of scrimmage by Devil backer Carl Bradford and ASU took over at their own 47. 1:23 later, the score stood at 20-0 after running back D.J. Foster ran in from 14 yards out for another Sun Devil touchdown. UA went for it on 4th and 1 again the next drive and Carey was again stopped, but this time for no gain[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but you said "We had so many 4th and 1's shoved back into our face it would be hard to count" and of the 30 attempts you're talking about 2 that happened against an Assu team that was pretty good on D? They also had 9 starters who are gone from that D. 2 of 30?[/quote]

I can provide more examples, but as you already stated "I guess I don't remember all of those conversions shoved back in our face? Especially when we had KaDeen rushing the ball most of those conversions"

Hell, if you can't even remember the asu game you surely don't remember anything before that! ROTFLMAO
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I certainly agree with the Foles/Scott 1-2 being the best but of course that is because we have seen what they could do.

Teams may not have to stack the box against us........we won't have Kadeem running the ball this year. Opposing defenses will be able to play the pass without the threat of Kadeem running all over them.

As far as "A QB that can get it to them".......that is pure speculation that remains to be seen.

I hope you are correct.
Pure speculation? Not according to the folks that I know who have watched every practice of the Fall camp. Not even close. I haven't heard anybody say we're screwed because we don't have a QB that can get it to our WR's. Again, I'm talking about people that have been at every practice and focused on our QB situation.

I'm curious as to how much we keep close to the vest early on in the schedule. But I have no doubts that it will be pretty fun to watch and we will put a lot of points on the board. That's not drinking Kool-Aid because if they had told me that we were screwed at the QB position I would say so.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Our line should be better this year and I think Gurrola with a year of experience along with Bundage and Alsadek should help us be close to the top in rushing. Teams won't be able to stack the box this year because of our wideout and a QB who can get it to them[/quote]

I hope you are correct.[/quote]

Pure speculation? Not according to the folks that I know who have watched every practice of the Fall camp. Not even close. I haven't heard anybody say we're screwed because we don't have a QB that can get it to our WR's. Again, I'm talking about people that have been at every practice and focused on our QB situation.

I'm curious as to how much we keep close to the vest early on in the schedule. But I have no doubts that it will be pretty fun to watch and we will put a lot of points on the board. That's not drinking Kool-Aid because if they had told me that we were screwed at the QB position I would say so.[/quote]

"I'm talking about people that have been at every practice and focused on our QB situation" No doubt these experts you refer to are NFL QB coaches who don't have anything better to do at the moment??? I hope I end up drinking the same Kool-Aid you've been drinking (It must be pretty good stuff!) but you will forgive me if I await actual results on the field. We'll find out if our QB talent has elevated since last year soon in Eugene Oregon. If we lose before then I suspect at least half the board will be calling for RRods scalp and the other half will start doing a basketball tip-off countdown.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:I would argue that we had better depth when Foles/Scott were #1/#2 (I would take Scott over all 3 of the backups we have at the moment). A large chunk of the 4000 yards you refer to were a direct result of having a top-flight college back (now in the NFL) that we won't have this year. Regarding our OL, the tackles are quite good (Ebelles and Baucus both have a shot at the league) but the interior of the line was pretty weak last year. We had so many 4th and 1's shoved back into our face it would be hard to count.

We had 4th and 1's shoved back in our face? We attempted 30 4th down conversions over a 13 game schedule which is a little more than 2 a game so I guess I don't remember all of those conversions shoved back in our face? Especially when we had KaDeen rushing the ball most of those conversions. The guy fell forward on every carry so again, I guess I don't remember those times when KaDeem got shoved back.[/quote]

The Wildcats went for it on 4th and 1 two plays into the second quarter, but running back Ka’Deem Carey was stopped seven yards behind the line of scrimmage by Devil backer Carl Bradford and ASU took over at their own 47. 1:23 later, the score stood at 20-0 after running back D.J. Foster ran in from 14 yards out for another Sun Devil touchdown. UA went for it on 4th and 1 again the next drive and Carey was again stopped, but this time for no gain[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but you said "We had so many 4th and 1's shoved back into our face it would be hard to count" and of the 30 attempts you're talking about 2 that happened against an Assu team that was pretty good on D? They also had 9 starters who are gone from that D. 2 of 30?[/quote]
dmjcat wrote:
I can provide more examples, but as you already stated "I guess I don't remember all of those conversions shoved back in our face? Especially when we had KaDeen rushing the ball most of those conversions"

Hell, if you can't even remember the asu game you surely don't remember anything before that! ROTFLMAO
Wow!! we go from saying we had "so many" to naming 2, to if I can't remember shame on me? Let's see, we won't win because we don't have KaDeem but, it wouldn't matter anyway because he couldn't convert on 4th down because our OL sucked. The same OL that doesn't know how to block while we still found a way to gain 3,444 yard on the ground? Which is it? KaDeem sucks but he doesn't really suck? Or the OL sucks because we couldn't convert on the just over 2 4th down conversions that we averaged a game? I don't know the breakdown between pass or run on 4th down but I'll go out on a limb and say that it wasn't a hand off to KaDeem every time. But all of the above is why we will lose to Utah and the fact that they beat Stanford LY?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

I'm all for pre-season Kool-Aid drinking............just as long as we can all understand that its Kool-Aid![/quote]

dmjcat wrote:

Wow!! we go from saying we had "so many" to naming 2, to if I can't remember shame on me? Let's see, we won't win because we don't have KaDeem but, it wouldn't matter anyway because he couldn't convert on 4th down because our OL sucked. The same OL that doesn't know how to block while we still found a way to gain 3,444 yard on the ground? Which is it? KaDeem sucks but he doesn't really suck? Or the OL sucks because we couldn't convert on the just over 2 4th down conversions that we averaged a game? I don't know the breakdown between pass or run on 4th down but I'll go out on a limb and say that it wasn't a hand off to KaDeem every time. But all of the above is why we will lose to Utah and the fact that they beat Stanford LY?[/quote]

"I don't know the breakdown between pass or run on 4th down"............."I don't know"...........thats the most accurate thing that you have said tonight!!!!
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:One can only wonder what kind of output Foles/Grigsby and the Gronk might have had with RR.

I'm curious as to how much we keep close to the vest early on in the schedule. But I have no doubts that it will be pretty fun to watch and we will put a lot of points on the board. That's not drinking Kool-Aid because if they had told me that we were screwed at the QB position I would say so.[/quote]
dmjcat wrote:
"I'm talking about people that have been at every practice and focused on our QB situation" No doubt these experts you refer to are NFL QB coaches who don't have anything better to do at the moment??? I hope I end up drinking the same Kool-Aid you've been drinking (It must be pretty good stuff!) but you will forgive me if I await actual results on the field. We'll find out if our QB talent has elevated since last year soon in Eugene Oregon. If we lose before then I suspect at least half the board will be calling for RRods scalp and the other half will start doing a basketball tip-off countdown.
Hahahaha!! Because it takes an NFL expert to know if a QB can complete a pass and lead a team down the field? News flash for you - it's not that difficult of a task to watch the one on one drills, then the 7 on 7 drills, then the 11 on 11 drills to see if somebody can play the position or not. You wouldn't believe what I'm saying even if I told you who my sources are so it's no sweat of my back. Again, it goes back to what I was discussing with azcat49 the other night and you truly have been the poster child of a large portion of the Arizona fan base. Props to you.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Our line should be better this year and I think Gurrola with a year of experience along with Bundage and Alsadek should help us be close to the top in rushing. Teams won't be able to stack the box this year because of our wideout and a QB who can get it to them[/quote]

dmjcat wrote:

Hahahaha!! Because it takes an NFL expert to know if a QB can complete a pass and lead a team down the field? News flash for you - it's not that difficult of a task to watch the one on one drills, then the 7 on 7 drills, then the 11 on 11 drills to see if somebody can play the position or not. You wouldn't believe what I'm saying even if I told you who my sources are so it's no sweat of my back. Again, it goes back to what I was discussing with azcat49 the other night and you truly have been the poster child of a large portion of the Arizona fan base. Props to you.[/quote]

If you really think that summer 7 on 7 drills (where the players all know each other and go half speed) are an indicator of actual play on the field then you are even MORE clueless than I thought. By your logic half the HS QB's in Tucson will be Heisman trophy candidates.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:Our line should be better this year and I think Gurrola with a year of experience along with Bundage and Alsadek should help us be close to the top in rushing. Teams won't be able to stack the box this year because of our wideout and a QB who can get it to them

dmjcat wrote:

Hahahaha!! Because it takes an NFL expert to know if a QB can complete a pass and lead a team down the field? News flash for you - it's not that difficult of a task to watch the one on one drills, then the 7 on 7 drills, then the 11 on 11 drills to see if somebody can play the position or not. You wouldn't believe what I'm saying even if I told you who my sources are so it's no sweat of my back. Again, it goes back to what I was discussing with azcat49 the other night and you truly have been the poster child of a large portion of the Arizona fan base. Props to you.[/quote]
dmjcat wrote:
If you really think that summer 7 on 7 drills (where the players all know each other and go half speed) are an indicator of actual play on the field then you are even MORE clueless than I thought. By your logic half the HS QB's in Tucson will be Heisman trophy candidates.
Where did I say Summer? I'm talking Fall camp right now. I did say practices didn't I? Stay with me on this, the team during Fall Camp does one on one drills, then they will do some 7 on 7 drills then they do 11 on 11 drills. At the end of practice RR will put the O (that includes the QB) in some difficult positions to see who is doing sprints at the end of practices - offense or defense. You know the whole bit on comfortable being uncomfortable? It's also at those times when the Non NFL experts that I know get a chance to watch the QB's under pressure. So again, pretty much every thing you wrote above is nothing but garbage on your part. Nice effort. You are really nailing it tonight with your insight into the Arizona football program.

I learned that we don't have KaDeem TY and because we don't have KaDeem we will lose to Utah (because they beat Stanford LY). We can't convert on 4th down conversions which will hurt us TY. Our OL sucks because KaDeem couldn't convert on 2 4th down tries in the Assu game. But if we did have KaDeem we would have a chance to beat Utah because he was the reason why we beat them LY? I'm guessing we didn't have any 4th down conversions in that game? Otherwise how would we have won? Our QB sucks because he's a RS frosh and everything he's done this Fall is just "speculation". And if he couldn't beat out Denker LY then how could he be any good a year later? That's some serious insight right there.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

dc4azcats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Our line should be better this year and I think Gurrola with a year of experience along with Bundage and Alsadek should help us be close to the top in rushing. Teams won't be able to stack the box this year because of our wideout and a QB who can get it to them

I hope you are correct.

dmjcat wrote:

dmjcat wrote:
Where did I say Summer? I'm talking Fall camp right now. I did say practices didn't I? Stay with me on this, the team during Fall Camp does one on one drills, then they will do some 7 on 7 drills then they do 11 on 11 drills. At the end of practice RR will put the O (that includes the QB) in some difficult positions to see who is doing sprints at the end of practices - offense or defense. You know the whole bit on comfortable being uncomfortable? It's also at those times when the Non NFL experts that I know get a chance to watch the QB's under pressure. So again, pretty much every thing you wrote above is nothing but garbage on your part. Nice effort. You are really nailing it tonight with your insight into the Arizona football program.

I learned that we don't have KaDeem TY and because we don't have KaDeem we will lose to Utah (because they beat Stanford LY). We can't convert on 4th down conversions which will hurt us TY. Our OL sucks because KaDeem couldn't convert on 2 4th down tries in the Assu game. But if we did have KaDeem we would have a chance to beat Utah because he was the reason why we beat them LY? I'm guessing we didn't have any 4th down conversions in that game? Otherwise how would we have won? Our QB sucks because he's a RS frosh and everything he's done this Fall is just "speculation". And if he couldn't beat out Denker LY then how could he be any good a year later? That's some serious insight right there.[/quote]

I won't even attempt to answer your incoherent ramblings for two reasons:

1) You obviously have serious reading comprehension issues..........and
2) I have learned that you are a blithering idiot
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

It's always the guy that has nothing to respond with that posts what you just did.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

7-5
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

dc4azcats wrote:It's always the guy that has nothing to respond with that posts what you just did.
Utah is going to have to cover Hill, Philips, Neal and Jones. If those guys need a break then there's Grant, Richards, Griffey, and more. Their secondary isn't going to have the experience and then they're also going to be gassed trying to run around the field with those guys. By then we're going to have the running attack figured out very nicely and the O-line is already a strong point for the team. If these guys want to believe Utah is going to beat Arizona, they're entitled to their opinion, but that's a hard opinion to defend.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

dc4azcats wrote: Utah according to Phil Steele returns 6 on O and 6 on D while Arizona returns 7 on O and 6 on D.
Hmm... I read somewhere else that Utah had 16 returners to UA's 14, but I wouldn't distrust Phil Steele.

Regardless, DC, in your response to my post above, you're cherry picking positions. I could pull the reverse and say that UA lost its starting QB and RB if I were Utah fan, but that's not my point.

I was simply stating that I don't think Utah is going to wear down against us up in their place. We may out-talent them, and we may win, but I don't think it'll be because we wear them down. You ever played a game that high when your body isn't used to it?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

10-2 book it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I feel like the altitude thing is overblown. Tucson isn't some low lying sea level town.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

dc4azcats wrote:It's always the guy that has nothing to respond with that posts what you just did.
Wrong again. I merely posted my prediction for UA's season....7-5 and I was attacked by a dimwit who called me "Poster Child". From now on thats my new name for you.........."Poster Child". A typical, pompous ass armchair QB who wouldn't recognize real talent if it bit him in the ass.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:I feel like the altitude thing is overblown. Tucson isn't some low lying sea level town.
Nope, it's not. But it ain't SLC either. Head up there and go for a jog sometime. You won't think it's overblown then. But these kids are elite athletes, so it won't be a huge barrier. A noticeable one? Yeah.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dmjcat wrote:
Wrong again. I merely posted my prediction for UA's season....7-5 and I was attacked by a dimwit who called me "Poster Child". From now on thats my new name for you.........."Poster Child". A typical, pompous ass armchair QB who wouldn't recognize real talent if it bit him in the ass.
It's always the guy that has nothing to respond with that posts what you just did. Two pages and you brought nothing to the discussion. Except the above. That and we don't have KaDeem anymore and Utah beat Stanford LY.

I don't have a problem with people seeing things differently - happens every day. But don't post that you're right and somebody else is wrong if you have nothing to back it up. You didn't and you proved time and time again what I said in my Original post. Fans like you think we will lose because you always think we will lose. Even when you have no idea what you are talking about which is true in your case. I gave a ton of reasons why I think we will win backed up by views of a couple of folks who have watched every Fall Camp practice. You on the other hand backed up your belief with what? Exactly. You are who I said you were and you proved it with every post. A know nothing back it up with nothing fan that likes to think we will lose just because. I'm done - you are who you are and that's your problem not mine.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Puerco wrote:
Chicat wrote:I feel like the altitude thing is overblown. Tucson isn't some low lying sea level town.
Nope, it's not. But it ain't SLC either. Head up there and go for a jog sometime. You won't think it's overblown then. But these kids are elite athletes, so it won't be a huge barrier. A noticeable one? Yeah.
It's a greater climb for schools near or at sea level to play in Tucson (2400 feet) than it is for us to play in Salt Lake City (4200 feet).
Formerly McLurvin
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Arizona is the 25th or 26th highest division 1 (fcs or fbs) school by altitude.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Wrong again. I merely posted my prediction for UA's season....7-5 and I was attacked by a dimwit who called me "Poster Child". From now on thats my new name for you.........."Poster Child". A typical, pompous ass armchair QB who wouldn't recognize real talent if it bit him in the ass.[/quote]

It's always the guy that has nothing to respond with that posts what you just did. Two pages and you brought nothing to the discussion. Except the above. That and we don't have KaDeem anymore and Utah beat Stanford LY.

I don't have a problem with people seeing things differently - happens every day. But don't post that you're right and somebody else is wrong if you have nothing to back it up. You didn't and you proved time and time again what I said in my Original post. Fans like you think we will lose because you always think we will lose. Even when you have no idea what you are talking about which is true in your case. I gave a ton of reasons why I think we will win backed up by views of a couple of folks who have watched every Fall Camp practice. You on the other hand backed up your belief with what? Exactly. You are who I said you were and you proved it with every post. A know nothing back it up with nothing fan that likes to think we will lose just because. I'm done - you are who you are and that's your problem not mine.[/quote]

My God, you are so full of yourself its hard to know where to start.

First, you "Proved" nothing except that you are a typical arm-chair QB with an opinion

Second, I never posted I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Hell, I just posted my prediction for the season
(which at 7-5 is one game better than Greg Hansen is predicting this morning in the Star) when I got jumped on by a true "Poster Child for UA Football" who is frothing at the mouth with delusional 10-2 predictions even though we lost our best DL/RB and we have 3 rejects and a frosh to pick from at QB. I will stand by my fact-based prediction of 7-5. If you can't handle that then maybe you should stop posting on message boards or just ignore posters who bring facts/data to the table.

Enjoy the Kool-Aid
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

I agree with the altitude thing being over-blown. These are not a bunch of geriatric patients playing football. I do believe that the weather can't be under-estimated. If we end up playing in a snowstorm in November (quite common in SLC late November) it certainly will have far more effect on the UA than the altitude.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And 4400 feet isn't that much. It's just like going from campus to about 4 miles up the mount Lemmon highway. If Wyoming was in our conference that'd be a different story since their stadium is almost at 8000 feet
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

FWIW: Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca is at 4,600 feet. A little more than SLC.

I've never noticed any difference traveling between coastal cities and Tucson, or Tucson and Benson or Sierra Vista. Maybe a little bit for Bisbee.

I suspect the altitude thing isn't linear. I bet the curve gets steeper and more noticeable somewhere around a mile up.
prh

Post by prh »

I live in Tucson but I've been to SLC a bunch the last year, and I have run both training runs and races up there. I've never noticed a difference up there, and I'm obviously not nearly as trained as our athletes are. I agree that the altitude thing is way overblown, at least in reference to the altitude in SLC. FWIW, I lived at sea level until coming here for college 7 year ago.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Even NBA athletes comment about the difficulties of playing in the higher altitudes.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

These guys have us 6-6, but anywhere from 5-7 to 8-4.

http://www.sports-ratings.com/college_f ... dcats.html
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

azgreg wrote:These guys have us 6-6, but anywhere from 5-7 to 8-4.

http://www.sports-ratings.com/college_f ... dcats.html

This is where I take an website with a grain of salt.
The loss of ... BJ Denker hits the offense hard
BJ Denker (2,516 yards, 16 TDs, 7 int) was a good passer
His numbers weren't bad once they figured out his accuracy improved when he was on the run. But nobody ever watched a UA game and thought he was anything more than ball security.

It blows my mind that a handful of national analysts print a pretty good evaluation of EVERY team, so I don't really blame these sites that just look at stat lines without any real knowledge of the teams they're ranking. It probably works more often than not.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

TheBlackLodge wrote:
Puerco wrote:
It's a greater climb for schools near or at sea level to play in Tucson (2400 feet) than it is for us to play in Salt Lake City (4200 feet).
2600 feet, actually, so you're even more right. Yeah, I can't comment much on that.

I can comment on living in Boulder (5000 feet) and moving to Charlottesville, VA (100 feet). I could run for what seemed like hours on end when I moved, and for the next six weeks. About three months after moving to C-Ville, I visited Tucson, and I was blowing hard after 30 minutes.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm living low down I really feel the impact of altitude changes when I'm out running. Doesn't much affect me when I'm hiking or skiing, though.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

How good is CU football?

The heat in Arizona is overblown too. Someone did a great analysis over at TOS regarding hot gamedays in TUcson and UA wins, and there really is no correlation.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

The surprise contender in the Pac-12 South will be Arizona
If you think Rich Rodriguez lost his touch at Michigan, you haven't been paying attention to what the Wildcats have done the past two seasons. Rodriguez went 8-5 both years playing with a team not recruited for his spread system. He's in year three now, and as long as redshirt freshman quarterback Anu Solomon takes care of the ball, Arizona will put up points. The Wildcats skip Stanford and Oregon State and get two weeks off in the first eight weeks of the season, which should keep them healthy for the stretch run. This is a good dark horse.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... tions-2014

:D
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

dmjcat wrote: I understand exactly how talented our WR corps is.........What you fail to realize is that we do not have a proven QB to get them the ball. Two of our top 3 QB's couldn't even complete 50% of their passes at the JC level.......and the PAC12 is not a JC league. The presumed starter is a frosh. I doubt our passing game is going to instill fear in our PAC12 opponents. Given the depth/quality of the returning QB's in the conference this year I suspect most defensive coordinators will look at the UA game as a breather.
Say what?! Most coaches, DCs or otherwise, respect the hell out of Rich Rodriguez and what he can do with an offense. Not a one of them, anywhere, is going to consider Arizona's offense a "breather," especially at that point in the season.

Easily the most ridiculous statement I've read on the internet. Ever.

:roll:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Anybody want to change their Cougar prediction?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

BearDown89 wrote:
dmjcat wrote: I understand exactly how talented our WR corps is.........What you fail to realize is that we do not have a proven QB to get them the ball. Two of our top 3 QB's couldn't even complete 50% of their passes at the JC level.......and the PAC12 is not a JC league. The presumed starter is a frosh. I doubt our passing game is going to instill fear in our PAC12 opponents. Given the depth/quality of the returning QB's in the conference this year I suspect most defensive coordinators will look at the UA game as a breather.
Say what?! Most coaches, DCs or otherwise, respect the hell out of Rich Rodriguez and what he can do with an offense. Not a one of them, anywhere, is going to consider Arizona's offense a "breather," especially at that point in the season.

Easily the most ridiculous statement I've read on the internet. Ever.

:roll:
So you think that after facing:

Marcus Mariota
Taylor Kelly
Connor Halliday
Sean Mannion
Brett Hundley

The Pac 12 Defensive coordinators will be shaking in their boots at the prospect of facing Anu Solomon???

I know its preseason fella, but put down the crack pipe.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azgreg wrote:Anybody want to change their Cougar prediction?
No. They BEAT us in Tucson, we lose our starting QB and our best player (Carey) and we are playing them at Wazzu and you think we are a cinch to win??? Your logic escapes me.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dmjcat wrote:
No. They BEAT us in Tucson, we lose our starting QB and our best player (Carey) and we are playing them at Wazzu and you think we are a cinch to win??? Your logic escapes me.
You want to stop putting words in my mouth asshole?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azgreg wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
You want to stop putting words in my mouth asshole?
You predicted a 9-4 record for the UA....which obviously implies you think UA will beat WSU.

Halliday, by the way, is starting to smoke Rutgers.........do YOU want to change your WSU prediction????
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

It's great that Wazzu can throw it all over the field, but at some point you need to run the ball. 7 yards rushing on 11 carries is pretty pathetic.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dc4azcats wrote:It's great that Wazzu can throw it all over the field, but at some point you need to run the ball. 7 yards rushing on 11 carries is pretty pathetic.
And their defense looks like garbage.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dmjcat wrote:
You predicted a 9-4 record for the UA....which obviously implies you think UA will beat WSU.

Halliday, by the way, is starting to smoke Rutgers.........do YOU want to change your WSU prediction????
Nope. Not one bit. WSU is a one trick pony.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Both those teams wont win more then 5 or 6 games. Wazzu cant stop the run nor can they run it. Rutgers just plain sucks IMO
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

When you can't even put up the threat of a run game it makes for a typical Wazzu loss. 14 rushes for 6 yards which includes sacks, but your leading rusher gets 17 yards on 6 carries and one of those was a rush for 13 yards - you deserve to lose.

You look at the bowl game LY and then this game and that's 2 solid kick in the nutts for Wazzu fan. Ouch.