Bear Down Wildcats pre game 8/29?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Bear Down Wildcats pre game 8/29?

Post by UAdevil »

Anyone down for an official Bear Down Wildcats pre-game on 8/29? Could be at a tailgate if a member would like to host, or an informal gathering somewhere like Gentle Ben's or something like that? Could be nice to have a meet and greet to shoot the shit. :mrgreen:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azgreg

Re: Bear Down Wildcats pre game 8/29?

Post by azgreg »

Arcadia Tavern for the win.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This would be sweet, if I was in town.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Anyone who wants to venture to Indiana is welcome at my house for a pre-game that day. Just had a brand new deck built and I'll supply all the food and liquor.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Anyone who wants to venture to Indiana is welcome at my house for a pre-game that day. Just had a brand new deck built and I'll supply all the food and liquor.
Will there be a polar vortex that day?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:Anyone who wants to venture to Indiana is welcome at my house for a pre-game that day. Just had a brand new deck built and I'll supply all the food and liquor.
Will there be a polar vortex that day?
No promises...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Looking forward to pre-gaming with my daughter (due date 8/3). Indoctrination starts early.

She will have the finest breast milk her mother can make, I'll likely get lit on Tecate.

The things we do for our kids... :)
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I'll only come if you turn off that stupid Fox News which you seem to watch 24 hours a day apparently.

:lol:
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

If any locals are interested let me know. If we're going to gather at a tailgate we'll need a forum member who has a space to host us. Could be a lot of fun, and attract some new members if we have migrated to the permanent domain by then. Maybe get a nice graphic from Katz and make a banner or something. I can get a 10x2 banner for under $100 through a company I order from for work.

Just some thoughts on bringing our community together!
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

UADevil, for YEARS, DC and his section 18 crew have hosted the best tailgate on the lawn. catered food, three TV's to watch games (although the first one they might only have one since there will be no games on and they will probably just bring some replay tapes), plenty of good drink.

We are usualy right by the arch way near the entrance to Jefferson. Plenty of room generally. Should be a good venue and many of the people posting here already know about it and stop by
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:
I'll only come if you turn off that stupid Fox News which you seem to watch 24 hours a day apparently.

:lol:
That's just what Obama wants...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If you see my posse below you'll find me.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

azcat49 wrote:UADevil, for YEARS, DC and his section 18 crew have hosted the best tailgate on the lawn. catered food, three TV's to watch games (although the first one they might only have one since there will be no games on and they will probably just bring some replay tapes), plenty of good drink.

We are usualy right by the arch way near the entrance to Jefferson. Plenty of room generally. Should be a good venue and many of the people posting here already know about it and stop by
That may well work. :)
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49 wrote:UADevil, for YEARS, DC and his section 18 crew have hosted the best tailgate on the lawn. catered food, three TV's to watch games (although the first one they might only have one since there will be no games on and they will probably just bring some replay tapes), plenty of good drink.

Thanks azcat49 but for the first game we are only parking on the lawn and not tailgating. We have one of the guys that sets up things out of town as his daughter is entering college. Then you have the whole it's Friday and people won't be there till late, not to mention hot as hell, so we're going to go over to Rosati's on Campbell and 6th and hang out and eat some pizza, drink some beer in an air-conditioned environment and then walk over to the game.

Every other game we will be in our usual spot.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

dc4azcats wrote:

Thanks azcat49 but for the first game we are only parking on the lawn and not tailgating. We have one of the guys that sets up things out of town as his daughter is entering college. Then you have the whole it's Friday and people won't be there till late, not to mention hot as hell, so we're going to go over to Rosati's on Campbell and 6th and hang out and eat some pizza, drink some beer in an air-conditioned environment and then walk over to the game.

Every other game we will be in our usual spot.
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D
AuntieW

Post by AuntieW »

Hubby and I will be coming from California for the game and would love to meet some fellow Wildcat fans. :D
Where ever you all end up deciding you want to meet up we would love to stop by.
Should be in Tucson by 8am Friday if all goes as planned.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Pfft, why would I want to see you guys in real life? If I do that, then you're no longer anonymous, faceless message board posters, and I'd have to treat you with, like, respect, or something... ;)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Is that fight going to happen here? I might be in for the long anticipated throwdown(s).
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

If I was only able to make it to 2 homes games this year, which should they be? I am going to WSU and Ore games away
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I'll be at all the games but if I had to limit it to only two, it would be USC and ASU. USC because, it is, well, USC. We have a decent chance to win that game and it would mean the world in the PAC12 South race. Also, the next best alternative is Washington but I couldn't wait until Nov to catch a live game. Then the rivalry game is a must see and could determine who plays in Levi Stadium.
devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

I will be in Vegas cheering on the Rebels with the locals. If anyone is in town then, we should plan something!!!
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Dosia along with a few other board members will hit the bar at the ALOFT hotel at 3 pm so if anyone wants to stop by, do so.

Nevada game it's back on the lawn by Jefferson with section 18
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Do they have food at Aloft? I bought a couple of nosebleed seats for my roommate and I and wouldn't mind meeting some people before the game. Otherwise, we'll probably get pizza and beer at 1702.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Me and my crew are going to be a the brand new (opening tomorrow) Yard House at El Con to start things off. Likely between 2pm and 5pm before heading to campus to continue the drinking. Everyone is most welcome to come hang with us and enjoy a half yard of brew

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UADevil I think it's at Park Place Mall not El Con.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

UAEebs86 wrote:UADevil I think it's at Park Place Mall not El Con.
You are correct. Brain fart.
Saint James

Post by Saint James »

I'm bringing a Devil to the game.

Before anyone gets upset:

1. His daughter is a freshman at UofA
2. He is going to wear red (I think he beleives it is for his own safety :-) )