2017 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cordera89

Re: 2017 recruits/commitment thread

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:No one here is hoping that RichRod fails. That where your whole premise is screwed up. We WANTED Burmeister and Johnson and the others to come to Tucson. We desperately WANTED him to do a great job this year. Unfortunately none of those things happened.

Now, since he's the coach here we all desperately WANT him and the team to be successful next year. But truth to tell, it simply doesn't feel likely to happen.

Personally, I'd have started the coaching search this year, because I just can't see a likely scenario where RichRod performs to a high enough level to save his job, which is a shame, because I like the guy. So might as well get started earlier rather than later. That said, I'll be cheering him and the team on as hard as I can, just like always.
Puerco that is a lie. Your applying that No one on this broad is hoping that RR would fail. It pretty much saying everyone on this broad want him to fail regardless.

And to make matter much worst in regard to your comment. Your applying that RR will fail regardless of the outcome.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:Not at QB. Why should they moan, he gets his 3M a year. Remember when he said this would be the best class is AZ history, well the clock is ticking
The clock isn't ticking, Football program will lose recruit from decommitting all the time. Losing yet another one Doesn't say it the end of the world with Arizona. I like I said I don't see RR even complaining about losing yet another freaky recruit. We Still have other offers out their in the Recruiting trail.

Yeah he was praising this recruiting class heavily until DW left us and destroyed it. Next Month is National Signing Day so I'm not worrying on who we bring in to replace those that decommitted.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

God helped him with his decision .... but couldn't do anything about his spelling.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

I Don't look badly on a recruit when he decommits. It's verbal commit and allowed by the NCAA. Want to change signing periods or get rid of it fine. Until then playing by rules allowed.

What I think I have learned that a high profile, relatively in their prime National Brand coach like a RR can't significantly change the football landscape at UA. RR's South Title accomplishment was undone by going 4-14 in Conference his last two years. Winning only one conference game in a season or losing 12 of 13 conference games is hard to do.

Even at UA, it's hard to do.

RR hasn't been able to change the recruiting success profile for UA either. Although RR never has been able to anywhere. Much of that is his philosophy of which he's admitted he needed to change. I also think it's RR's schemes that plays a big role in not getting consistent blue-blood recruits. It just haven't proven to translate to NFL (generally speaking). His teams notoriously over his career also have been injury prone. Sure many recruits know this as well. I'm guessing, but I would expect RR has cost UA the same or more per win than RR's predecessors (yeah, yeah, inflation).

RR did boast best UA class ever and since then has lost 6 recruits and an assistant coach (and counting). RR himself proclaimed his recruiting approach and lack of recruiting success was the problem.

That was before 6 of his recruits decomitted and he lost his key SoCal coach and recruiter to Nebraska. Stoops (and many new coaches) best recruiting success happened his first 3 years at UA. Then declined. Not uncommon.

Will be uncommon if RR can pull a 180 recruiting wise now going into his 6th year. Especially after the last two years.
Sid

Post by Sid »

A little something to those choosing to attend elsewhere. Go FUCK yourself!

I hope you fail miserably at your new school. For those that have honored the process and have not waivered, I can't wait to see you hit the field and I will cheer for you!

Plenty of available playing time at every position, why not Arizona?

BTFD
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:I Don't look badly on a recruit when he decommits. It's verbal commit and allowed by the NCAA. Want to change signing periods or get rid of it fine. Until then playing by rules allowed.

What I think I have learned that a high profile, relatively in their prime National Brand coach like a RR can't significantly change the football landscape at UA. RR's South Title accomplishment was undone by going 4-14 in Conference his last two years. Winning only one conference game in a season or losing 12 of 13 conference games is hard to do.

Even at UA, it's hard to do.

RR hasn't been able to change the recruiting success profile for UA either. Although RR never has been able to anywhere. Much of that is his philosophy of which he's admitted he needed to change. I also think it's RR's schemes that plays a big role in not getting consistent blue-blood recruits. It just haven't proven to translate to NFL (generally speaking). His teams notoriously over his career also have been injury prone. Sure many recruits know this as well. I'm guessing, but I would expect RR has cost UA the same or more per win than RR's predecessors (yeah, yeah, inflation).

RR did boast best UA class ever and since then has lost 6 recruits and an assistant coach (and counting). RR himself proclaimed his recruiting approach and lack of recruiting success was the problem.

That was before 6 of his recruits decomitted and he lost his key SoCal coach and recruiter to Nebraska. Stoops (and many new coaches) best recruiting success happened his first 3 years at UA. Then declined. Not uncommon.

Will be uncommon if RR can pull a 180 recruiting wise now going into his 6th year. Especially after the last two years.
While he should be in his prime based on age/tenure, I think it is a decade in the rear view mirror. And as you note, he has never really been a high level recruiter in the traditional sense.

All coaches have a buzz in their first 3 years of a program, and then it is on them to leverage that into ongoing success. Our recent coaches have not been able to do it past the , but I do not think that is the result of our program... if it was they would never had early success to begin with.

This was never going to be the best UA class ever, and was likely never even going to be his best... it's unfortunate that it appears to be in free-fall.

As for the de-cmmits... I get why it bothers people. But truthfully, If it was my kid heading to a program in our state with a coach on a boiling hot seat - I would really want them to think about what they are walking into and where it will lead. Coaches can leave on a moments notice when things change without penalty, it is not the same for recruits - and their career window as a player is limited.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote: God helped him with his decision .... but couldn't do anything about his spelling.
He needs to help me with mine, too - because I scanned through it twice and only noticed decomitt.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

A lot is two words. Praise the Lord.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chicat wrote:A lot is two words. Praise the Lord.

So we only have two D Line recruits rtight now, correct? No worries, right Cordy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:
Chicat wrote:A lot is two words. Praise the Lord.

So we only have two D Line recruits rtight now, correct? No worries, right Cordy
I hope the bleeding stops soon. I suspected after this season we'd have more losses than usual, but this is an epidemic.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Sid wrote:A little something to those choosing to attend elsewhere. Go FUCK yourself!

I hope you fail miserably at your new school. For those that have honored the process and have not waivered, I can't wait to see you hit the field and I will cheer for you!

BTFD
"A little something to those choosing to attend elsewhere. Go FUCK yourself!

Come on Sid, don't hold back.....Tell us what you really think! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Tgrumpy predicting 9-3 next year I can only conclude one of two things:

1) He has been vaporizing a boat load of peyote, or
2) He's really DC4AZCATS

Cheer up folks, Burmeister hasn't decommitted...............................yet!!!
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

On the bright side, more available scholarships for the best walk-on team in the country---Yippee!
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

dmjcat wrote:
Sid wrote:A little something to those choosing to attend elsewhere. Go FUCK yourself!

BTFD
"A little something to those choosing to attend elsewhere. Go FUCK yourself!

Come on Sid, don't hold back.....Tell us what you really think! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Tgrumpy predicting 9-3 next year I can only conclude one of t

1) He has been vaporizing a boat load of peyote, or
2) He's really DC4AZCATS

Cheer up folks, Burmeister hasn't decommitted...............................yet!!!

You're a dumbass dm. I wasn't predicting anything. I stated it twice that I was hoping. Big difference. That was just so everyone could see that even after a 9-3 record, half the people in here would still be griping. Vaporing a load of peyote isn't a bad idea when dealing with you whiners. lol
Sid

Post by Sid »

ALASKACAT wrote:On the bright side, more available scholarships for the best walk-on team in the country---Yippee!
Or we become the Raiders of college football and take all the deplorables that no one wants to take a risk on.

Just might be a few of these pillars of society looking for a place to play college ball.....

Sweet!

;)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ALASKACAT wrote:On the bright side, more available scholarships for the best walk-on team in the country---Yippee!

Yet they couldn't spare one for LB John Kenny.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:

But they could for RichRod's kid who didn't need one to begin with. Do I have that right?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Chicat wrote:
Merkin wrote:

But they could for RichRod's kid who didn't need one to begin with. Do I have that right?

The way Rich Rod goes through QB's Rhett Rod will be starting by week 5, so I guess he should have a scholarship by default?

At this point I am perfectly fine with bringing in a new coach who recruits dirty and loads us up on talent, lets be honest the NCAA is a joke so why not push the limits.
prh

Post by prh »

gronk4heisman wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Merkin wrote:

The way Rich Rod goes through QB's Rhett Rod will be starting by week 5, so I guess he should have a scholarship by default?

At this point I am perfectly fine with bringing in a new coach who recruits dirty and loads us up on talent, lets be honest the NCAA is a joke so why not push the limits.
I think Chi's point is that Rhett could go to UA for free (or highly reduced) without an athletic scholarship because his dad is an employee. And when you're making the money RR is, it would seem better to pay the small amount for your kid and save a scholarship.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

prh wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I think Chi's point is that Rhett could go to UA for free (or highly reduced) without an athletic scholarship because his dad is an employee. And when you're making the money RR is, it would seem better to pay the small amount for your kid and save a scholarship.
I got that, I was being sarcastic. But further on your point, when you are as bad at recruiting as RR is there is not much reason to save a scholarship since you have a ridiculously hard time getting marginal talent to take a free ride to play for you.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

New meaning for "on to the next one"
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

cordera89 wrote:
Puerco wrote:No one here is hoping that RichRod fails. That where your whole premise is screwed up. We WANTED Burmeister and Johnson and the others to come to Tucson. We desperately WANTED him to do a great job this year. Unfortunately none of those things happened.

Now, since he's the coach here we all desperately WANT him and the team to be successful next year. But truth to tell, it simply doesn't feel likely to happen.

Personally, I'd have started the coaching search this year, because I just can't see a likely scenario where RichRod performs to a high enough level to save his job, which is a shame, because I like the guy. So might as well get started earlier rather than later. That said, I'll be cheering him and the team on as hard as I can, just like always.
Puerco that is a lie. Your applying that No one on this broad is hoping that RR would fail. It pretty much saying everyone on this broad want him to fail regardless.

And to make matter much worst in regard to your comment. Your applying that RR will fail regardless of the outcome.
Cordera, I. Have. No. Fucking. Clue. What. You. Mean.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Meanwhile a walk on who was a 4 game starter at LB gets told by RichRod to walk off.

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Looks like Wallace may be the next decommit:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/jan/1 ... -he-didnt/" target="_blank
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I hate to be the one to piss in everyone's cheerios but recruiting will only get harder if this new league happens. :|
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1844 ... ummer-2018
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

Cordera, I. Have. No. Fucking. Clue. What. You. Mean.
Puerco, Stop trying to play stupid, You know exactly what is said.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He is saying that no one wants RR to fail it is just that he is. He has had 4 losing conference seasons out of the 5 and last year won 1 game in conference. He has retained less than 50% of his first 4 classes with very few developing into all conference or NFL draft picks. Why should we look at RR as the answer? You want us to support him regardless of performance or what we see. In a way we all do. No one here gets to a Saturday and says, "Hey, can't wait to lose so RR will be out of here". It's quite the contrary.

We all hope he goes 12-0 next year and gets us in the playoffs. Not likely and many of us can't see him doing any better then 6-6 and he will be in his 6th year of building the program. He has has his chance then and we need to move on. That retention money is to retain a guy(or attract) who has built us into an upper level program. That we are not
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:He is saying that no one wants RR to fail it is just that he is. He has had 4 losing conference seasons out of the 5 and last year won 1 game in conference. He has retained less than 50% of his first 4 classes with very few developing into all conference or NFL draft picks. Why should we look at RR as the answer? You want us to support him regardless of performance or what we see. In a way we all do. No one here gets to a Saturday and says, "Hey, can't wait to lose so RR will be out of here". It's quite the contrary.

We all hope he goes 12-0 next year and gets us in the playoffs. Not likely and many of us can't see him doing any better then 6-6 and he will be in his 6th year of building the program. He has has his chance then and we need to move on. That retention money is to retain a guy(or attract) who has built us into an upper level program. That we are not
Aside from Will Parks, what RR-recruited player is on an NFL roster? (And I am not talking about practice squads).

As for 1st or 2nd team All-Conference... Scooby, Gurrola.... who else?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote: Not likely and many of us can't see him doing any better then 6-6
I can't even see that. No elite QBs, and the only elite position may be RB, assuming Nick Wilson and JJ Taylor haven't lost anything due to injury and can stay healthy (doubtful, esp. for Wilson). Defense has no LBs, losing their top 5 tacklers. DBs weren't that good to begin with, same with a very small DL.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

yeah outside of good rb's (if wilson and jj are healthy plus tilford, that's good) and a serviceable o-line...we're pretty much not talented at all next year. gotta hope that dawkins or tate can throw it halfway well and then run run run the ball. hope to outscore people in shootouts every game again.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:He is saying that no one wants RR to fail it is just that he is. He has had 4 losing conference seasons out of the 5 and last year won 1 game in conference. He has retained less than 50% of his first 4 classes with very few developing into all conference or NFL draft picks. Why should we look at RR as the answer? You want us to support him regardless of performance or what we see. In a way we all do. No one here gets to a Saturday and says, "Hey, can't wait to lose so RR will be out of here". It's quite the contrary.

I going to make this short. He basically applying that in his comment that RR is going to failed regardless ok. You don't say No one here is hoping he going to failed which the majority of the posters on this broad have already decided on his fate in way the 2016 season has ended.

RR is going to rebound in 2017 regardless of what most of you think.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well we hope you are right and I can tell you we are all rooting for RR and the Cats but you can count me in the camp of he will go 6-6 at best. Will that earn him another year? I wouldn't give it to him but the only one that matters is GB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I think we'll be one of the top 40 G5 teams out there.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dmjcat wrote:Looks like Wallace may be the next decommit:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/jan/1 ... -he-didnt/" target="_blank
If that happens, then the only meaningful recruit it will appear we have added since December is Colin Schooler - to offset an avalanche of losses.

I wonder when the Burmeister situation will be announced?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

One of these things is not like the others.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:Well we hope you are right and I can tell you we are all rooting for RR and the Cats but you can count me in the camp of he will go 6-6 at best. Will that earn him another year? I wouldn't give it to him but the only one that matters is GB
Corderoy is on record that RR just needs to show improvement from last year to earn a reprieve and get his final guaranteed installment of his retention bonus.

In his mind, 5-7 or 6-6 and time to celebrated with Rita's Nachos!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azgreg wrote: One of these things is not like the others.
Of course not. All those other schools are in the Midwest.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That's exactly what I was getting at.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Well we hope you are right and I can tell you we are all rooting for RR and the Cats but you can count me in the camp of he will go 6-6 at best. Will that earn him another year? I wouldn't give it to him but the only one that matters is GB
Corderoy is on record that RR just needs to show improvement from last year to earn a reprieve and get his final guaranteed installment of his retention bonus.

No matter what you said, It not going to change my view. All he need to do is just rebound from the (2016, 3-9 season).
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

No matter what you said, It not going to change my view. All he need to do is just rebound from the (2016, 3-9 season).
All I did was report on what your current view is, and you confirmed that what I posted is accurate.

Do better than the worst year in our 40 year P12 history and get a BIG BONU$.

Boo-yah, baby... VIVA LA RICH ROD!

He would have BY A WIDE MARGIN the worst Conf winning % in UA history (Mack does not count), but Cordera LUVS HIM SOME COACH RODRUPIGUEZ!
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I wonder if GB and RR are regretting not finding a creative way to keep Donte Williams. Losing him opened the de-commit floodgates. I know giving him a raise would put his salary WAY out of wack in comparison with the other assistants but I don't know why we couldn't find a way to get him some dark money while keeping his salary the same. If I was RR, I would have personally wrote DW a huge check to keep him around. Say what you want about 18-years-olds and their loyalty but when they see momentum change, they react. If I could, I would switch to Bama or USC too..I just can't because it is against every fiber in my being. :|
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

All I did was report on what your current view is, and you confirmed that what I posted is accurate.

He would have BY A WIDE MARGIN the worst Conf winning % in UA history (Mack does not count), but Cordera LUVS HIM SOME COACH RODRUPIGUEZ!
Now you sound like an idiot, But you know what, I'm going to piss you off and probably prove you point. I'm going to compare AZ 2016 team to BC and GT 2015 team.

Why, Because all three have suffer a 3-9 type season. And All three HC have been mention on the hotseat due to those down years. And all Three AD didn't even bother to canned them even thou the fan base want them fired.

Here come the fun part, BC and GT had improve 2016 year from their 2015 year. Arizona can improve from their 2016 year to the 2017 year. But the question will remain is can they stay healthy and avoid another injury ridded season for the third time in a row.

2015 BC 3-9 to 2016 BC 7-6
2015 GT 3-9 to 2016 GT 9-4
2016 AZ 3-9 to 2017 AZ ?????.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UALoco wrote:I wonder if GB and RR are regretting not finding a creative way to keep Donte Williams. Losing him opened the de-commit floodgates. I know giving him a raise would put his salary WAY out of wack in comparison with the other assistants but I don't know why we couldn't find a way to get him some dark money while keeping his salary the same. If I was RR, I would have personally wrote DW a huge check to keep him around. Say what you want about 18-years-olds and their loyalty but when they see momentum change, they react. If I could, I would switch to Bama or USC too..I just can't because it is against every fiber in my being. :|
Why would GB&RR need to regret that decision on not trying to keep DW from Leaving. In the matter of fact, What did DW do for Arizona again??? Oh that right, He left Arizona for a better paycheck. As for the recruits that decommitted, They were lead by false promise by DW to even considering of choosing Arizona as their destination. Regardless of what GB and RR trying to match what Nebraska was offering, it was already done deal for him to go because Arizona wasn't going to match what Nebraska was offering.

Their nothing to regret, He made his choice, And this is result were getting from it. Why you think RR didn't hired another coach with the same recruiting ties as DW?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

cordera89 wrote:
UALoco wrote:I wonder if GB and RR are regretting not finding a creative way to keep Donte Williams. Losing him opened the de-commit floodgates. I know giving him a raise would put his salary WAY out of wack in comparison with the other assistants but I don't know why we couldn't find a way to get him some dark money while keeping his salary the same. If I was RR, I would have personally wrote DW a huge check to keep him around. Say what you want about 18-years-olds and their loyalty but when they see momentum change, they react. If I could, I would switch to Bama or USC too..I just can't because it is against every fiber in my being. :|
Why would GB&RR need to regret that decision on not trying to keep DW from Leaving. In the matter of fact, What did DW do for Arizona again??? Oh that right, He left Arizona for a better paycheck. As for the recruits that decommitted, They were lead by false promise by DW to even considering of choosing Arizona as their destination. Regardless of what GB and RR trying to match what Nebraska was offering, it was already done deal for him to go because Arizona wasn't going to match what Nebraska was offering.

Their nothing to regret, He made his choice, And this is result were getting from it. Why you think RR didn't hired another coach with the same recruiting ties as DW?
I won't get pulled into the cordera vortex....

Yeah, you're right buddy. Keep truckin'
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Now you sound like an idiot, But you know what, I'm going to piss you off and probably prove you point. I'm going to compare AZ 2016 team to BC and GT 2015 team.

Why, Because all three have suffer a 3-9 type season. And All three HC have been mention on the hotseat due to those down years. And all Three AD didn't even bother to canned them even thou the fan base want them fired.

Here come the fun part, BC and GT had improve 2016 year from their 2015 year. Arizona can improve from their 2016 year to the 2017 year. But the question will remain is can they stay healthy and avoid another injury ridded season for the third time in a row.

2015 BC 3-9 to 2016 BC 7-6
2015 GT 3-9 to 2016 GT 9-4
2016 AZ 3-9 to 2017 AZ ?????.
If RR gets the Cats to 9-4 next year, he will get an extension... and I do not think there is a poster on these boards who would suggest he should not.

7-6? Not good enough in my mind.... That likely would represent 6-6 (3-6 in PAC) with a win in a bottom tier bowl. He needs a winning conference record in 2017.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UALoco wrote:I won't get pulled into the cordera vortex....
If you do, sniff some paint thinner first. It's only fair.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Harvey Specter wrote: If RR gets the Cats to 9-4 next year, he will get an extension... and I do not think there is a poster on these boards who would suggest he should not.

7-6? Not good enough in my mind.... That likely would represent 6-6 (3-6 in PAC) with a win in a bottom tier bowl. He needs a winning conference record in 2017.
9-4 with next year's roster is NCOY material. Bonus and extension!

RichRod has had only 1 year with a winning conference record in his Big-10 and PAC-12 coaching career. Just don't see it happening again. 2007 was his last year at WVU where he continually had winning conference records, 6 out of 7 years.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

A few years ago, I became totally disillusioned with NFL after having Cardinals Season tickets for a few years...up through the Superbowl run. The belligerent fans, the overpaid coaching staffs and rosters, as well as the over exposure...I was just over it. I got into UA football and picked up Arizona season tix in the Stoops years...I stuck around for RR and drank the kool-aid. After last season and this recruiting season debacle, my disillusionment has now hit college football. With Bama in the NC every year, USC back to full scholarships, and the horrible toxic slime that is college recruiting..I am totally over it. I still love to hang with my son at the game but following it closely is....not fun.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

What a disaster.