Arizona football: Wildcats hire Theron Aych as new wide rece

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cordera89

Arizona football: Wildcats hire Theron Aych as new wide rece

Post by cordera89 »

RR found a new WR coach: Arizona football: Wildcats hire Theron Aych as new wide receivers coach

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2 ... on-houston" target="_blank
Merkin

Re: Arizona football: Wildcats hire Theron Aych as new wide

Post by Merkin »

Kind of coaches Arizona can expect with Rich Rod being on the hot seat. Small time coaches just looking to build on their resume.

Nothing wrong with that.
Drew77777

Post by Drew77777 »

Rich Rod hires coaches at the level he recruits at the UofA...only coaches with out Power 5 offers. :lol: . But I kid, really...hope that Aych is a decent recruiter and can start recruiting Texas for the UofA again. Hated the fact that UofA had such a nice pipeline to the state under Stoops only for Rich Rod and his staff not to recruit the state pretty much at all. But on another note Miguel Reveles has left the program as well, so another position to fill...what a dumpster fire.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote:Kind of coaches Arizona can expect with Rich Rod being on the hot seat. Small time coaches just looking to build on their resume.

Nothing wrong with that.
I don't think Theron Aych really care about RR being hot seat even if he really freaking care about it. The position was open, he took it.

It is nice pick up thou.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

A nice pick up LOL. That is a joke right. You could have gone down to Tucson high and hired the science teacher who happens to help coach the football team and it would have been the same.

It would have been better to just promote Reveles. It is just sad that the word is out that RR will be done. Losing out on high level kids and now the coaches have been bailing and we get second best guys to replace them. Nothing is good about AZ football right now but keep cheering Cordero
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote:.
It is nice pick up thou.

Why is it a good pickup? He has 1 year of Div I coaching experience, and comes from a school without a passing attack.

Did he bring in any 4 or 5 star recruits to UTEP? Or any recruits at all?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Drew77777 wrote:Rich Rod hires coaches at the level he recruits at the UofA...only coaches with out Power 5 offers. :lol: . But I kid, really...hope that Aych is a decent recruiter and can start recruiting Texas for the UofA again. Hated the fact that UofA had such a nice pipeline to the state under Stoops only for Rich Rod and his staff not to recruit the state pretty much at all. But on another note Miguel Reveles has left the program as well, so another position to fill...what a dumpster fire.

Texas recruiting isn't going to quick fix anything not just because past coach recruited their successfully and current coach hasn't. Their two different recruiters.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote:
cordera89 wrote:.
It is nice pick up thou.

Why is it a good pickup? He has 1 year of Div I coaching experience, and comes from a school without a passing attack.

Did he bring in any 4 or 5 star recruits to UTEP? Or any recruits at all?
I didn't see anyone else taking RR offer of being UA WR coach? and he the only took it despite the dark cloud that hovering over RR.

Nor I didn't say he was going to make impact in recruiting by getting 4 or 5 star prospect. Get your head out the gutter. It good pickup because He accepted the position at Arizona regardless of RR future.

If RR was going to offer you a coaching position? You would of turn it down and told RR to go fuck himself.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

It's a garbage hire from a garbage head coach.
Drew77777

Post by Drew77777 »

Texas recruiting isn't going to quick fix anything not just because past coach recruited their successfully and current coach hasn't. Their two different recruiters.[/quote]

I never stated that recruiting Texas was going to be a quick fix to all of Arizona's woes. It was more of a take away and positive on the hiring of a coach with known ties to Texas. Having an in road to one of the main football recruiting states should be viewed as a positive for the program.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Who is excited about some UA basketball?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Drew77777 wrote:Texas recruiting isn't going to quick fix anything not just because past coach recruited their successfully and current coach hasn't. Their two different recruiters.
I never stated that recruiting Texas was going to be a quick fix to all of Arizona's woes. It was more of a take away and positive on the hiring of a coach with known ties to Texas. Having an in road to one of the main football recruiting states should be viewed as a positive for the program.[/quote]

Positives no longer allowed in the football forums. :)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

cordera89 wrote: I don't think Theron Aych really care about RR being hot seat even if he really freaking care about it.
Uh, what the fuck? Cordera, please translate that shit to English.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:
cordera89 wrote: I don't think Theron Aych really care about RR being hot seat even if he really freaking care about it.
And why don't you got back and read it again.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Drew77777 wrote:Texas recruiting isn't going to quick fix anything not just because past coach recruited their successfully and current coach hasn't. Their two different recruiters.
I never stated that recruiting Texas was going to be a quick fix to all of Arizona's woes. It was more of a take away and positive on the hiring of a coach with known ties to Texas. Having an in road to one of the main football recruiting states should be viewed as a positive for the program.

Positives no longer allowed in the football forums. :)[/quote]

I don't think that is main reason for any of the downfall. It wasn't big deal with Stoops, even thou that was his bread and butter in recruiting. Most writers will just say Arizona is in desperate need to recruit in the state to texas.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:It's a garbage hire from a garbage head coach.
The only thing that is garbage is words that coming out of the mouth. Who would you think RR was going to hired? I bet no one coach out their would took his offer.
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

Puerco wrote:

The board is being trolled.

The new hire? Good luck, coach! Let's get some production out of those receivers. Hope you can teach those boys to run block. Because the best route running in the Pac is unlikely to get an accurate, on-time ball.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

TyrantCat wrote:
Puerco wrote:

The new hire? Good luck, coach! Let's get some production out of those receivers. Hope you can teach those boys to run block. Because the best route running in the Pac is unlikely to get an accurate, on-time ball.
I don't care about what Puerco said to me. Just write your comment about the new hired and that it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Justify how this is a good hire? It can't be just because he took it when no one else did.

Is it because he has some D-1 experience? Maybe because he has Ties to Texas and Louisiana?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:Justify how this is a good hire? It can't be just because he took it when no one else did.

Is it because he has some D-1 experience? Maybe because he has Ties to Texas and Louisiana?
Justify to what? That no assistant coaches in the market was going take RR offer to become his WR Coach Because he on hot seat. It good hired because RR fill the position. I didn't mention his coaching career to say he's good hired.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That's like saying that it was a good car ride because even though you rolled your brand new sedan you were thrown clear before the gas tank blew up.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Drew77777

Post by Drew77777 »

My hope like I stated above is that we can tap back into one of the pipelines we have had a lot of success with in the past. During Stoop's tenure here (based on the Rivals recruiting class history 2003-2011 class rankings) they recruited 59 players from the state of Texas to Arizona, not counting his last half class as he did not complete the year or roughly 6.5 recruits per class from Texas alone. During Rich Rod's tenure he has had 4 total recruits from the state of Texas 3 in his first year and that is counting the remaining committed recruits from Stoop's (Josh Kern was a Stoop's recruit). That is more than 20 percent of each class from the state of Texas if you go by the standard 25 commitment class, that is hugely significant amount of your recruiting base to not utilize.

Also for Cordera....recruiting has been the crux of the demise of our program and cutting out a huge pipeline like Texas has just exacerbated the issue. Stoop's demise was not due to a lack of recruiting prowess...he just wasn't a good Head Coach...if you could just take Rich Rod's coaching and give him Stoop's recruiting this program would be in a much better place overall.
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

cordera89 wrote:
TyrantCat wrote:
Puerco wrote:

I don't care about what Puerco said to me. Just write your comment about the new hired and that it.
You had me at "new hired". Mind your own business.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

TyrantCat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
TyrantCat wrote:
Puerco wrote:

You had me at "new hired". Mind your own business.
Mind my own business? To what exact, That This thread is about a New hired on the WR Position coach.

All I said to you is I don't care what the Idiot said about me and write your own comment on the new hired.
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

Heed your own advice. If you don't have something more to say about the new hired, then back in your hole, troll.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

I get that he's mainly been involved with smaller school programs, though spent time with Washington Huskies and Univ of Houston as a full time asst. for two years responsible for recruiting the Houston area, but he's had some pretty good success when he had the reins as Offensive coordinator, setting records and being a finalist for Asst of the year in Div 11 in 2015.
In light of the situation, I definitely think he's a decent hire. Think it's a bit irrational to think some hot shot recruiter and asst. would end up here, when it could crash later this year.

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-f ... 98629.html" target="_blank
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

TyrantCat wrote:Heed your own advice. If you don't have something more to say about the new hired, then back in your hole, troll.
Who are you calling a troll? Me or some others poster that don't like the hired.
Last edited by cordera89 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

You never know. In spite of Chief's constant and obvious negativity on anything RichRod, if this guy can coach Kyle Washington (whoever he is) to throw the ball to the tune of 3,236 yards and 34 TDs, perhaps he can also show Rod Smith a thing or two. Our boy, Rod, has a long string of QBs who have been very poor passers (although they have been able to do the RBs job just fine). Sorry Chief, I'm not dismissing this guy.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

MrMeow wrote:You never know. In spite of Chief's constant and obvious negativity on anything RichRod, if this guy can coach Kyle Washington (whoever he is) to throw the ball to the tune of 3,236 yards and 34 TDs, perhaps he can also show Rod Smith a thing or two. Our boy, Rod, has a long string of QBs who have been very poor passers (although they have been able to do the RBs job just fine). Sorry Chief, I'm not dismissing this guy.
All he need is a consistent passing attack from his QB.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrMeow wrote:You never know. In spite of Chief's constant and obvious negativity on anything RichRod, if this guy can coach Kyle Washington (whoever he is) to throw the ball to the tune of 3,236 yards and 34 TDs, perhaps he can also show Rod Smith a thing or two. Our boy, Rod, has a long string of QBs who have been very poor passers (although they have been able to do the RBs job just fine). Sorry Chief, I'm not dismissing this guy.

I don't think Smith and RichRod will let him at the QBs or anything to do with the offense. We all know how stubborn RichRod is.

The hire is fine, he is just a position coach and really won't have an impact one way or the other.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:

I don't think Smith and RichRod will let him at the QBs or anything to do with the offense. We all know how stubborn RichRod is.

The hire is fine, he is just a position coach and really won't have an impact one way or the other.

You are certainly right. Stubbornness is a disease, sometimes fatal.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

cordera89 wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Okay, I will. I don't think Theyron Aych really care (hrm, cares maybe?) about RR being hot seat (is RR hot seat? He's certainly on a hot seat) even if he really freaking care about it (uh, wtf? Cordera just said he didn't care about even if he does care about it. I'm so fucking confused right now that I can no longerfocusonhaving a . coherent thou-ght).

So basically you're saying that even if Aych does care about RR being in trouble that you refuse to believe Aych cares?

Seriously, is that what you're saying? Because it's what you wrote.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Okay, I will. I don't think Theyron Aych really care (hrm, cares maybe?) about RR being hot seat (is RR hot seat? He's certainly on a hot seat) even if he really freaking care about it (uh, wtf? Cordera just said he didn't care about even if he does care about it. I'm so fucking confused right now that I can no longerfocusonhaving a . coherent thou-ght).

So basically you're saying that even if Aych does care about RR being in trouble that you refuse to believe Aych cares?

Seriously, is that what you're saying? Because it's what you wrote.
Peurco, Your not being smart about it, Your still blabbing on. Look RR wasn't going to get anyone better to come to Arizona to be his WR coach? Getting Theron Aych Is a raw deal, he accepted RR offer to become his WR Coach despite RR name being on hotseat or a possible firing heading into this season. I didn't see him care about none of that.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Is cordera's translator here?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Forget it Jake.... It's Corderatown.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:Forget it Jake.... It's Corderatown.
Here a thing for you Chi, Why don't you get off my thread since you really got nothing to say on the topic in hand.

Either you talk about the topic of this thread or your wasting time with the troll talk.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:Is cordera's translator here?
Very funny, coming from someone that is all talk.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cordera89 wrote:
azgreg wrote:Is cordera's translator here?
Very funny, coming from someone that is all talk.

Don't ever change Buckwheat.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:Forget it Jake.... It's Corderatown.
Here a thing for you Chi, Why don't you get off my thread since you really got nothing to say on the topic in hand.

Either you talk about the topic of this thread or your wasting time with the troll talk.
:lol:

Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

I can see that our beloved Cordera is still insisting on sticking that square peg into the round hole.

News flash........its isn't working and never will.

This hire means nothing to the advancement of the program. Rich Rod problems run deep and the bottom line is he let the degradation of the talent base degrade too far and now the roster is probably the worst in the PAC 12 next to OSU.

The next guy who gets a shot at the HC helm will come in, sit down and evaluate the depth chart and quickly realize he has about 35-40 players out of a 85 man roster that should be playing D-1 football that you can win with.

This train left the tracks along time ago. Now the NTSB is writing their reports on what went wrong.

We already know the conclusions.........ghastly substandard talent across the board.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

This guy has no connections in Texas. Zero. Don't be fooled by the pundits and false reporting. Caleb Jones has just as many Texas connections and could coach the receivers up better. RR has failed miserably in Cali and will take it in the shorts everywhere else. This new AD will need to stop the bleeding and stamp his hire soon. RR's days are numbered and he knows it.