64 Nathan Eldridge

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

64 Nathan Eldridge

Post by ANGCatFan »

Eldridge is a 6-3, 290, redshirt Sophomore center from Anthem, AZ. He started every game at center last year and provided more consistency and less drama than we had seen at that position in 2015. Eldridge is likely to be our starting center again this year, so my biggest concern will be how good is his back-up? I don't want to go back to the days of holding my breath every time we snap the ball.

64 was the average number of penalty yards Arizona had last year. That was 7th in the conference with UW first with 44.9 and Oregon last with 75.8.

64 was also Nick Wilson's rushing average per game last year. Down from 81 ypg in 2015 and 105.8 ypg in 2014. Here's hoping Wilson stays healthy and is able to show off his talent in his final year as a Wildcat
chiefzona

Re: 64 Nathan Eldridge

Post by chiefzona »

I hope he steps it up this season. Last season he nearly killed the guards who tried to help him out in the zone blocking scheme. Granted, he unfortunately got pushed into the role but he is not a true center. After all that they still haven't recruited a center. Levi Walton is second on the depth chart right now and I think he is a decent back up right now.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:I hope he steps it up this season. Last season he nearly killed the guards who tried to help him out in the zone blocking scheme. Granted, he unfortunately got pushed into the role but he is not a true center. After all that they still haven't recruited a center. Levi Walton is second on the depth chart right now and I think he is a decent back up right now.
Chief? Guess you were not on the Remington screening committee? Somehow he is on that watch list
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I hope he steps it up this season. Last season he nearly killed the guards who tried to help him out in the zone blocking scheme. Granted, he unfortunately got pushed into the role but he is not a true center. After all that they still haven't recruited a center. Levi Walton is second on the depth chart right now and I think he is a decent back up right now.
Chief? Guess you were not on the Remington screening committee? Somehow he is on that watch list

They don't know about zone blocking in a ZRO. He missed a lot of blocks that put a lot of pressure on the guards. They had to get him help which changed a lot of calls and was a glaring weakness.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well hopefully he lives up to the hype this year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

An improvement from last year is all I want to see after being handed the job under difficult circumstances. Nice nod from the awards people, so that should give him confidence going forward