14 Khalil Tate (Aug 2017-Aug 2018)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: 14 Khalil Tate

Post by CalStateTempe »

Rr still probably won't start him, you know wants to keep the options open and make ucla game plan. :roll:
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mora doesn't game plan, so the jokes on RR...haha
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Tech note. . .
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Pretty sweet.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Watched a ton of football in my time. Thought I'd seen it all. That was incredible.
Right where I want to be.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

whatisee wrote:
Merkin wrote:And fuck RichRod, still won't say Tate is his QB.
Why would you tell UCLA your plans for the next game? Relax tiger
Seriously, on this board some people can do no wrong and some can do no right no matter what they do
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

SCCats wrote:
whatisee wrote:Right. And everybody in here said we would be 2-3 after this game, so who to believe...
:lol:

Ok. You're also assuming Rich actually wants to get to 6 or 7 wins and come back next year instead of getting paid to move on.

We'll see if Tate starts the next game or not.
I cant believe someone actually thinks RR is losing on purpose
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

PHXCATS wrote:
whatisee wrote:
Seriously, on this board some people can do no wrong and some can do no right no matter what they do
I think what Merkin is alluding to is that many of the players family don't like the fact that RR is slow to name starters, regardless of the position. Even when it is clear that Tate has earned the start and we all know (including the bruins) he will start he is still using the "or".

Just a lot of fans who have great disdain for RR and most of it is self inflicted
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
whatisee wrote:
I think what Merkin is alluding to is that many of the players family don't like the fact that RR is slow to name starters, regardless of the position. Even when it is clear that Tate has earned the start and we all know (including the bruins) he will start he is still using the "or".

Just a lot of fans who have great disdain for RR and most of it is self inflicted
RR has not performed well and made mistakes, but some of our fans just take everything the worst possible way they can and run with it. If Miller did not name starters everyone would praise him.

I really like what I saw the other day, and while the defense wasnt great they did not get a ton of rest with UA scoring so often and so quickly. The D has been serviceable this year and I think we will see the same on Saturday.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It's so lame. Skulduggery, except not unique or even surprising. How RR handles it confers no competitive advantage whatsoever especially when it's clear as day with the talent (and relative lack thereof) who should be starting.

Just name your starters, strap em on, and go play ball.

Interesting comment on miller. I think the results for miller allow him a bit more latitude and bb is so much more a matchup dependent game relative to football, especially when in basketball we have the problem of riches and plug and play vs a dearth of talent except for Tate and other established starters.

What do you say about Peterson complaining about late start times? Even you said east coasters don't care about late west coast starts in basketball, why should football be any different right?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:It's so lame. Skulduggery, except not unique or even surprising. How RR handles it confers no competitive advantage whatsoever especially when it's clear as day with the talent (and relative lack thereof) who should be starting.

Just name your starters, strap em on, and go play ball.

Interesting comment on miller. I think the results for miller allow him a bit more latitude and bb is so much more a matchup dependent game relative to football, especially when in basketball we have the problem of riches and plug and play vs a dearth of talent except for Tate and other established starters.

What do you say about Peterson complaining about late start times? Even you said east coasters don't care about late west coast starts in basketball, why should football be any different right?

I am not sure what you are asking exactly or thinking I said. I dont remember ever saying that east coasters dont care about late starts. I just get the fact that when you are on the west coast and there being only so many slots for games in the day, that west coast games are going to start late. Especially when you factor in that the PAC-12 does not draw as well on TV vs the SEC Big 10 and Big 12.

I get Petersen's frustration but unless you go to a network outside of ESPN and Fox who have contracts with the SEC Big 10 Big 12 that this is what you have to deal with. Sign a deal with NBC and we can get earlier games.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

PHXCATS wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
whatisee wrote:

RR has not performed well and made mistakes, but some of our fans just take everything the worst possible way they can and run with it. If Miller did not name starters everyone would praise him.

I really like what I saw the other day, and while the defense wasnt great they did not get a ton of rest with UA scoring so often and so quickly. The D has been serviceable this year and I think we will see the same on Saturday.
The Defense has been much improved I think, but Colorado was a tall order on the road against a talented Philip Lindsey. Colorado should have come out pounding the rock in the second half. Agree, however, the productive quick-scoring offense didn't give them any rest whatsoever.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

PHXCATS wrote:
SCCats wrote:
whatisee wrote:Right. And everybody in here said we would be 2-3 after this game, so who to believe...

Ok. You're also assuming Rich actually wants to get to 6 or 7 wins and come back next year instead of getting paid to move on.

It creates a fun juxtaposition to have to say 'I mean really! Rich was trying to win all those games he lost!"

Or how about "Rich is the competent professional that knows what he's doing. It's his plan to play the shittier QB that gives us a significantly worse chance of winning."
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

SCCats wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
SCCats wrote:

It creates a fun juxtaposition to have to say 'I mean really! Rich was trying to win all those games he lost!"

Or how about "Rich is the competent professional that knows what he's doing. It's his plan to play the shittier QB that gives us a significantly worse chance of winning."

Maybe it is Foles vs Scott where Tate sucks at practice so RR did not trust him in the games at this point. The difference between Tate and BD was not this big last year or thus far this year until Saturday.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

ASUHATER! wrote: Indeed he is. Only people that say that are the ones that need to get laid in my experience.
Bug: When have you ever gotten laid?

Hater: I've laid lots of times.

Bug: Name-one.

Hater: She lives in Canada. I met her at Niagra Falls; you wouldn't know her.

Bug: You ever laid anyone around here? [Hater, nervous that UAStacy might hear, motions for Bug to quiet down.] Oh...you and UAStacy did it...

UAStacy: What are you talking about?

Hater: Nothing, nothing. [to Bug] Let's just talk about it later, just drop it--

UAStacy: --No, drop what? What are you talking about?

Bug: Well, in addition the number of girls in the Niagra Falls area, that currently you and he are riding the hobby horse.

UAStacy: Little pig!

Hater: No, I'm not, I'm--Bug said I was I cherry, I said I wasn't! That's it! That's all that was said!

Bug: Well, then what were you motioning to UAStacy for?

UAStacy: You know, I don't appreciate this, Hater.

Hater: He is lying!

Bug: Oh, you weren't motioning to UAStacy ?

Hater: [hesitantly] You know he's lying, right?

Bug: Were you, or were you not, motioning to UAStacy ?

Hater: Yeah, but it's...it's because I didn't want her to know I was a virgin. [Bug and UAStacy stare at him for a moment.] Excuse me for being a virgin, I'm sorry!

UAStacy: Why didn't you to want me to know you were a virgin?

Hater: 'Cause it's personal business! It's my personal, private business!

Bug: Well, Hater, it doesn't look like you have any business.

UAStacy: I think it's OK for a guy to be a virgin.

[Bug and Hater stare at UAStacy]

Hater: Really?

[UAStacy nods yes]
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Sit down Johnson.

To be fair, that wasn't me getting involved in the "you need to get laid" conversation. :)
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

97cats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: Indeed he is. Only people that say that are the ones that need to get laid in my experience.

Bug: You ever laid anyone around here? [Hater, nervous that UAStacy might hear, motions for Bug to quiet down.] Oh...you and UAStacy did it...

Hater: Nothing, nothing. [to Bug] Let's just talk about it later, just drop it--

Bug: Well, in addition the number of girls in the Niagra Falls area, that currently you and he are riding the hobby horse.

Hater: No, I'm not, I'm--Bug said I was I cherry, I said I wasn't! That's it! That's all that was said!

Hater: Yeah, but it's...it's because I didn't want her to know I was a virgin. [Bug and UAStacy stare at him for a moment.] Excuse me for being a virgin, I'm sorry!

[UAStacy nods yes]
:lol: well done

It’s ok hater put the flare gun down for christ’s sake.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:

[UAStacy nods yes]
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

97cats wrote:

[UAStacy nods yes]
Funny, but also kinda sad that you invested the time to write that.... and sorta sad that I invested the time to read it... :mrgreen:
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

qwertyus wrote:
97cats wrote:

[UAStacy nods yes]
Funny, but also kinda sad that you invested the time to write that.... and sorta sad that I invested the time to read it... :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtNNBf_1KQ" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

qwertyus wrote: Funny, but also kinda sad that you invested the time to write that
I must be showing my age, but surprised anyone didn't get that reference.

Is the Breakfast Club no longer iconic?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Merkin wrote:
qwertyus wrote: Funny, but also kinda sad that you invested the time to write that

I think a lot of us who just laughed but didn't comment got it. And pictured the movie as we read along...

My change in life is metaphorically noted in my reaction to this movie. As a teen, I pumped my fist with Bender. Now...? I think the principal is on the money...a large portion of this group are a bunch of little shits.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Merkin wrote:

I've never seen it.

I'm well-versed in spaghetti westerns, not iconic 80's movies, because Dad controlled the Netflix queue. I only saw the Goonies last year, for example.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

wyo-cat wrote:Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
That is "some kind of wonderful" of a post Watts, I mean Wyo
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

qwertyus wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I've never seen it.

I'm well-versed in spaghetti westerns, not iconic 80's movies, because Dad controlled the Netflix queue. I only saw the Goonies last year, for example.
What a horrible childhood you must have had
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

qwertyus wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I've never seen it.

Need to chill with your dad!

One of my all time favorite movie lines:

Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:
qwertyus wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I've never seen it.

One of the greatest films ever created!

Tuco: I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If you have seen the extended edition with the restored "only in the Italian release" scenes check it out. Explains a lot, like how Angel Eyes ended up in the Union Army. The lines were recently redubbed in English.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:If you have seen the extended edition with the restored "only in the Italian release" scenes check it out. Explains a lot, like how Angel Eyes ended up in the Union Army. The lines were recently redubbed in English.

Must see! Thanks Merkin
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Sid wrote:
Merkin wrote:
qwertyus wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I've never seen it.

One of the greatest films ever created!

Tuco: I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!
Tuco (reading the note): "See you soon, id...idi..."
Blondie:"Idiots". It's for you.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Why work for a living when you kill yourselves working?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

27 rushes for over 500 yards the past two games?

Crushing it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

It's clear what he does with his legs but in the last 2 games he was 21 of 26 for 302 yards, 2 td's and zero picks thru the air.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

In Tate I trust!

As impressive as his run game is I was more impressive by Some of the tosses he has tonight!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

CalStateTempe wrote:In Tate I trust!

As impressive as his run game is I was more impressive by Some of the tosses he has tonight!
His pass down the sideline to Shun was amazing.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

First qb since 1997 to rush for 200 yards in consecutive games
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I do worry for his health since he seems to have a liking for taking the hard hit, but it sure is fun to watch him play.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm no head coach, but I think if I were I would name him our starter
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Is he the starter yet or does RR continue the competitive advantage of not naming one yet?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

16.5 yards per carry :shock:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Is he the starter yet or does RR continue the competitive advantage of not naming one yet?

If I was an opposing team I'd be praying he starts Dawkins.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:It's clear what he does with his legs but in the last 2 games he was 21 of 26 for 302 yards, 2 td's and zero picks thru the air.
Passing and the no turnovers is huge. It's been clear he's a dynamic athlete, but being a legit passing threat who avoids TO's takes him from Jerrard Randall to a dominant player.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Just hope he can stay healthy since he doesn't shy from contact and isn't really big and built to take hits.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Robert A Booey

Post by Robert A Booey »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I do worry for his health since he seems to have a liking for taking the hard hit, but it sure is fun to watch him play.
Yep, I'm afraid that we're going to see Dawkins again if Tate doesn't start sliding.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Yeah, he definitely needs to get down or out of bounds when warranted. That leaping and flipping over defenders along the sidelines has to stop. Just get out. Gives me a heart attack.

His arm has been surprising and impressive thus far. He's made some really nice throws at a variety of ranges. If that remains consistent then he's a real threat and defenses will have to account for everything.

Whose defense is a threat to contain him on the remaining schedule - Cal, WSU, SC, as the competition stiffens?