are you SERIOUS?!?!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: are you SERIOUS?!?!

Post by Merkin »

Gimino wrote:I've been covering/following Arizona football for a long time, and there has never been a fourth quarter, a finish, like that one. Here is my attempt to put it into words -- http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/2658 ... lous-rally -- and the link includes a different angle of the Hail Mary from KOLD that you might not have seen.

Great stuff.

It was Arizona's first Hail Mary victory since Bobby Wade caught a 45-yard pass to beat Washington State in 1999

Was trying to remember the last one, and thanks for putting that in.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merkin wrote:
Gimino wrote:I've been covering/following Arizona football for a long time, and there has never been a fourth quarter, a finish, like that one. Here is my attempt to put it into words -- http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/2658 ... lous-rally -- and the link includes a different angle of the Hail Mary from KOLD that you might not have seen.

Great stuff.

It was Arizona's first Hail Mary victory since Bobby Wade caught a 45-yard pass to beat Washington State in 1999

It actually hit the ground. Thank goodness there was no replay back then!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -too-early
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hey Cal Bears fans. Use all those dollars you saved on crappy Cal gear to wipe away your tears.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Gah. That game. We were talking after the game, though, and we were thinking this was payback for 1994.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:

Great stuff.

I remember that Hail Mary.
UAEebs86 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Great stuff.

It actually hit the ground. Thank goodness there was no replay back then!

I don't remember seeing a replay that showed that, but I do remember being told such a replay existed. Maybe I've purposely never looked, I dunno :lol:
UAEebs86 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -too-early
That's not a bad way to handle a goof like that.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What a f-ing great picture
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

must visit shaggybevo more often, lol....
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Was able to pull a couple gif worthy highlights off the Cal game. Here are Cayleb Jones' 3 TD catches.

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Even the 3-3-5 with 2 star recruits can sometimes result in a highlight.

Bondurant with the interception. Did it hit the ground? Nope, all PAC12 refs know the proper answer now, "He touched the ball!"

The ever popular Scooby sack.

Austin Hill with his 1st TD of the game.

and Jones-Grigsby with the one rushing TD.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Here are a couple looks at the final play. No time on the clock and Arizona wins with the Hill Mary play.

From the west side,

from the south endzone,

slow motion on the receivers, (Hill drew the most defenders, but he still won the day).

and my favorite shot from the north end zone.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

awesome gifs :D
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

The AD needs to now redo some of the wallpaper/pictures in the Lowell-Stephens Facility and show a jumbo size picture of the catch in the end zone and put the football that was caught into a trophy case next to it :idea: .
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:

Great stuff.

I was there. Incredible. But this was more amazing given all that came before it. Plus, the Wazzu game would've gone overtime if the pass failed.

So much more drama here.
Right where I want to be.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

Did you know? - not only were we in an illegal formation on the last play, but we also committed 2-3 instances of offensive PI. Or so I've read.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Good For You wrote:Did you know? - not only were we in an illegal formation on the last play, but we also committed 2-3 instances of offensive PI. Or so I've read.
Jones needs to watch his pushing off...one his his TD's was a result of this and wasn't called. The one at the end of the game was
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Good For You wrote:I don't know if this deserves it's own thread but a big F U to Glenn Parker. Glenn Parker never met a call against Arizona that wasn't absolutely correct and Glenn Parker doesn't think Anu Soloman can throw a football 50 yards. This is from watching the last few minutes on DVR. Don't know if I'll bother watching the rest.
I think he overcompensates against Arizona so he doesn't come off as a homer. It is annoying.
Holy shit does he overcompensate. He was also sucking Cal's dick the entire time....
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

On the hail Mary Hill and the cal defender both had PI. They were holding and carrying each other for 15 yards. So offsets in my opinion.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
KCF

Post by KCF »

Seriously one of the craziest games I have ever been too. For the small amount of fans left that place sure was loud.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

Here is the 1983 game Dobyns speaks of. I remember watching it. Season went downhill after that.

http://allsportstucson.com/2014/08/08/a ... d-quarter/
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Some more Hill Mary facts here from Javier Morales, including that Anu is the fifteenth QB in the modern era to complete a Hail Mary to win a game and the first freshman.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

only done 14 times before Anu? I mean, I know you don't see one completed to win the game very often, but I would have thought more than 14 times.

and he's the only freshman.

are...you...SERIOUS?!?!

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I have been wondering if this is where we go from good to great? I might be the most transformative game/play in AZ history

Hard Edge!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

To beat the previously last place team in the PAC? No, I don't think we'll remember this one as a transformative play unless we actually win the conference this year. But if that happens, I'll wager we have a lot of other candidates for transformative plays to come! <crossing fingers>
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Puerco wrote:To beat the previously last place team in the PAC? No, I don't think we'll remember this one as a transformative play unless we actually win the conference this year. But if that happens, I'll wager we have a lot of other candidates for transformative plays to come! <crossing fingers>
Cal is a much better group this year, definitely won't be last again.

Could be the boost Anu needed to up his game and shake off the early game jitters/lack of confidence he seems to be having.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I want a transformative play to happen next weekend up in Eugene.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UAEebs86

Carolla podcast

Post by UAEebs86 »

Not sure if we have any podcast listeners, but on Adam Carolla's podcast earlier this week he talked about the last play.

A UofA student called in and before he could even ask his question, Brian and Adam started talking about the Hill Mary.
Adam then went off for several minutes about how stupid Cal's defense was on the last play.

It's on the David Wild episode about 49 minutes into the podcast.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:only done 14 times before Anu? I mean, I know you don't see one completed to win the game very often, but I would have thought more than 14 times.

are...you...SERIOUS?!?!

Looking at the article, it said "in the modern era" which Javier starts at 1980. I thought the modern era in CFB started in 1950.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:only done 14 times before Anu? I mean, I know you don't see one completed to win the game very often, but I would have thought more than 14 times.

are...you...SERIOUS?!?!

Looking at the article, it said "in the modern era" which Javier starts at 1980. I thought the modern era in CFB started in 1950.
I would have thought the 'modern' era was a little older...but then it occurred to me that 1980 was over 30 years ago....damn I'm really getting old. I remember 1980 pretty fondly :lol: I wonder why 1980 was the year picked, but, 34 years seems a fair amount of time to go back?

RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Chicat wrote:Some more Hill Mary facts here from Javier Morales, including that Anu is the fifteenth QB in the modern era to complete a Hail Mary to win a game and the first freshman.
I sure don't know all the Hail Mary's since 80' but what about the 1999 Arizona Hail Mary win over Wazzu?
Not listed on his chart. In Pullman, Keith Smith to Bobby Wade 42 ydr, no time left on clock...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Puerco wrote:I want a transformative play to happen next weekend up in Eugene.
Do you mean a play where there's forcible gender transformation because someone's dong gets ripped off? That's sick.
jimson

Post by jimson »

azcat49 wrote:I have been wondering if this is where we go from good to great? I might be the most transformative game/play in AZ history

Hard Edge!
I think there's some potential for that, Every team is going to have some struggles in games, but this one now has every reason to believe in themselves and each other when things are looking dark.
ANGCatFan

Re: Carolla podcast

Post by ANGCatFan »

UAEebs86 wrote:Not sure if we have any podcast listeners, but on Adam Carolla's podcast earlier this week he talked about the last play.

A UofA student called in and before he could even ask his question, Brian and Adam started talking about the Hill Mary.
Adam then went off for several minutes about how stupid Cal's defense was on the last play.

It's on the David Wild episode about a half hour into the podcast.
The call is 49 min into the podcast.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Another good episode of the Sports Guys. It has been consistently the best post game wrap-up available and I'm not sure how much Jake Fischer loves his day job, but he is ready to be a full-time color commentator and college football analyst.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ANGCatFan wrote:Another good episode of the Sports Guys. It has been consistently the best post game wrap-up available and I'm not sure how much Jake Fischer loves his day job, but he is ready to be a full-time color commentator and college football analyst.
Thanks, Ang. Really enjoying those. Love Jake's observations and insight. Keep posting them as they come out. Thanks!
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Gimino

Post by Gimino »

ANGCatFan wrote:Another good episode of the Sports Guys. It has been consistently the best post game wrap-up available and I'm not sure how much Jake Fischer loves his day job, but he is ready to be a full-time color commentator and college football analyst.
Jake is superb. Smart as heck and a natural storyteller. As a game analyst or a studio guy, he would be a great addition (instant upgrade?) to the Pac-12 Networks. In the meantime, thanks for watching our weekly videos. We're not trying to do much beyond sitting around and talking, but the early feedback has been encouraging ... and your viewership will help keep this thing going through hoops, too.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Good stuff. I know what I will be watching later tonight when I have some time.

Did UA beat ASU one time in basketball scoring 8 points in the last 52 seconds?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

USC just threw a Hill Mary TD to end the first half
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Go up and beat #2 Oregon, in their house?

ARE YOU MOTHER FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!?!

holy fuck!

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Go up and beat #2 Oregon, in their house?

holy fuck!
With a RS Freshman..

Man we are 5-0 and has USC at home. I think that game might be rocking.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

OSUCat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:Go up and beat #2 Oregon, in their house?

holy fuck!
With a RS Freshman..

Man we are 5-0 and has USC at home. I think that game might be rocking.

un fucking believable

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If we don't sell out USC are fan base is pathetic.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

That Cal game changed the whole season.

I still can't fully believe this happened.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Thread that keeps on giving!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »