Official Unofficial Oregon Ducks Predictions/Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Official Unofficial Oregon Ducks Predictions/Discussion

Post by azgreg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Puerco wrote:How is Oregon's SOS worse than ours (by a fair margin), when they've played Michigan State, and we've played the Directional School All Stars and last year's last place Cal team? Jeebus.
UTSA and Nevada are decent mid majors who should make bowls. Heck, we beat Nevada by 7, Nevada beat WSU by 11 and WsU lost to Oregon by 7. Thus, we're guaranteed to beat Oregon by 11.
Maths are fun.

transitive property doesn't apply to football, but I like where you went with it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Puerco wrote:How is Oregon's SOS worse than ours (by a fair margin), when they've played Michigan State, and we've played the Directional School All Stars and last year's last place Cal team? Jeebus.
UTSA and Nevada are decent mid majors who should make bowls. Heck, we beat Nevada by 7, Nevada beat WSU by 11 and WsU lost to Oregon by 7. Thus, we're guaranteed to beat Oregon by 11.
Maths are fun.

transitive property doesn't apply to football, but I like where you went with it.
BS, the transitive property is awesome. It allows you to conclusively demonstrate your team is better than the current national champion pretty much every year.

Right now, Michigan fans are talking about how their 40 point App State win, combined with App State losing by 1 to Southern Miss and Alabama's 42 point win against USM means they'd lose a heartbreaker to Alabama by a FG.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Howdy guys, its good to be back with the old gang again.

This Oregon battle could be a monumental game changer if the improbable were to happen. But in my heart of hearts I think that the Ducks just have too much talent for us to overcome and win in Eugene. I was surprised to hear that they have serious injury issues and WSU gave them some problems. That could play a huge factor if we were to jump out with a lead and put a stop or two together on the defensive side of the ball.

Moriota and his superb running and passing skills is the momentum breaker in my book. This guy can stick a dagger in your heart in no time at all. I don't think he will have a lot of problems against our D. Nothing in the 3-3-5 scheme will be new to him this time around.

We have been notoriously ineffective and unable to stop QB's of his caliber in the past. He just poses a dimension that is very hard to keep under wraps. I know we soundly beat them last year in a phenomenal upset in Tucson, but there won't be any underestimations or surprises this year.

There is no doubt in my mind that Anu is our wild-card for the game. The kid has had his ups and downs but he has produced and won. Anu will basically have to play the game of his life with zero mistakes for us to win. He'll likely need a 400+ passing, 3-4 TD, with no more than 1 int for us to win.

It think its a bit too much to expect a win at this stage, but that’s why we play the game because the improbable can happen and dreams can come true.

In the end it will be no embarrassment to lose to a powerful #2 ranked Oregon team that is expected to whoop our butts and simply as a program have advantages in the big scheme of things that Arizona will never have. But I do know that we have a winner in RR and his coaching staff and we have a hell of a young QB that is a winner and is only going to get better with each game under his belt.

My old Wildcat heart says; Cats 42 – ORE 35, in a huge upset and a win for ages.

My old Wildcat head says; ORE 48 – Cats 27, disappointed but heads held high, and on to a huge showdown against USC.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Howdy guys, its good to be back with the old gang again.

This Oregon battle could be a monumental game changer if the improbable were to happen. But in my heart of hearts I think that the Ducks just have too much talent for us to overcome and win in Eugene. I was surprised to hear that they have serious injury issues and WSU gave them some problems. That could play a huge factor if we were to jump out with a lead and put a stop or two together on the defensive side of the ball.

Moriota and his superb running and passing skills is the momentum breaker in my book. This guy can stick a dagger in your heart in no time at all. I don't think he will have a lot of problems against our D. Nothing in the 3-3-5 scheme will be new to him this time around.

We have been notoriously ineffective and unable to stop QB's of his caliber in the past. He just poses a dimension that is very hard to keep under wraps. I know we soundly beat them last year in a phenomenal upset in Tucson, but there won't be any underestimations or surprises this year.

There is no doubt in my mind that Anu is our wild-card for the game. The kid has had his ups and downs but he has produced and won. Anu will basically have to play the game of his life with zero mistakes for us to win. He'll likely need a 400+ passing, 3-4 TD, with no more than 1 int for us to win.

It think its a bit too much to expect a win at this stage, but that’s why we play the game because the improbable can happen and dreams can come true.

In the end it will be no embarrassment to lose to a powerful #2 ranked Oregon team that is expected to whoop our butts and simply as a program have advantages in the big scheme of things that Arizona will never have. But I do know that we have a winner in RR and his coaching staff and we have a hell of a young QB that is a winner and is only going to get better with each game under his belt.

My old Wildcat heart says; Cats 42 – ORE 35, in a huge upset and a win for ages.

My old Wildcat head says; ORE 48 – Cats 27, disappointed but heads held high, and on to a huge showdown against USC.
Took you long enough GC! I've missed your posts. Welcome and glad you found your way over.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Thanks 89, I'm glad to see you here and great to be back with the gang.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:BS, the transitive property is awesome.
http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.c ... 4&method=2

lol

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.c ... 4&method=2
There you go!

It's an awesome way to prove that you didn't actually lose to the team you just lost to.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

For what it's worth, so long as it doesn't turn into a 49-0 epic bed ****ing like the last time, I will be somewhat OK with it.

Anu's first conference road game is a big deal. If he shows composure and our D starts to make necessary strides towards respectability, a loss isn't terrible. At Autzen is always going to be a tough task. We can still build to our goals even with a loss, and Oregon is good enough to beat us regardless of how we play.

A good, building block performance is more than just a moral victory, it gives us a chance to win. If Oregon is still in WSU condition, they were definitely weakened with the O line issues, and their D isn't impregnable. If we can break down the O line and pregnate the D, we've got a chance.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Thanks 89, I'm glad to see you here and great to be back with the gang.
About time GC - welcome!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Thanks Eebs86, great to see you as well.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

GREAT to see GC, I have missed my old friend and his posts. Keep them coming GC and this community is #1
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

49, thanks a million buddy. You guys know how to make an old Wildcat feel welcome.

Really good people here!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gladiator Cat wrote:49, thanks a million buddy. You guys know how to make an old Wildcat feel welcome.

Really good people here!
Shut up.

:mrgreen:
Saint James

Post by Saint James »

iFIf we can get anything, even a little bit from our DL and d-backs, AND Anu remains somewhat poised, we can win.

Problem is, I do not expect mush from the defense and I expect Anu to be rattled early on.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

GC found us - everyone hide! (JK, glad to see ya round these parts)

I'm not sure how rattled Anu will be. There's no great surprise if he is, but really, the non-conference schedule played out as perfectly as it could have to break in a freshman QB. He had to grind a game out against UTSA in a loud environment. He had to go out and lead the offense to a win in a tie game situation against Nevada, a situation that he helped create with the pick and made tougher with the early slide. He went out against Cal, had a horrible first half (and to be fair the receivers dropped some they should have caught) where he had a stretch where he was overthrowing guys, where the crowd was starting to turn against him... and then he learned to trust his guys, and settled down to lead the biggest comeback in school history. You can't run a guy through a bigger range of stuff than that. He is as good as you could ever expect a freshman QB to be as far as keeping composure. A lot of credit goes to RR for not pulling a Stoops and just letting him play through it.

I still would bet on Oregon if I were a betting man. However, last year shows that anything is possible, especially for a RichRod team.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Be interesting to see what the point spread will be. On this boards' prediction poll I factored this to be a loss for Arizona. Still will go with that. Tough place to play and Solomon's 1st Pac12 road game with overall great Pac12 defensive speed for opponent.

I think Oregon will TRY to drum up extra motivation for this game for prep.

--Arizona knocked the Ducks out of the pac12 Champ game with their win LY. Also knocked Ducks out of BCS bowl game 1st time in 5 years
--Handed the Ducks their worst defeat since 2008
--During that game week, media focused on couple Ore players showing indifference to playing in Rose Bowl "again". Helfrich unhappy about that. Helfrich after game quoted “It’s a punch in the gut, no question about that’’
--Then there's Mariota. Arizona handed him his 1st INT(s) of the season and last 12 games
--And although I really enjoyed... Mariota quoted after the game "“It hurts. I’ve never been blown out like this in my life.’’

Oregon's two losses LY to teams that ran ball down their throat Stanford and Arizona.
jollything

Post by jollything »

The CB's need to step it up, plain and simple, they aren't playing well. I like that Bondy is lined up at LB, with Scooby, Bondy, and Turituri they may be able to produce more pressure. Which we desperately need cause the more time Mariota has to throw the more time for our coverage to break down.

The WR's need to be catching all of the catch-able balls thrown their way, we seemed to have an issue with that vs Cal. We need Wilson and TJG to go beast mode, just like Ka'Deem did last year. Anu needs to show poise, which is a tall task for your first start in the PAC on the road in a very hostile environment.

It's going to be very tough to pull out a W at Autzen. Arizona would need to play a perfect game.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Anu and the offense will need to play like they did in the 4th quarter against Cal. Defense will have to play better than they have all season. I don't see it happening. Oregon is going to beat us soundly. Hope I'm wrong.

I do believe we have a chance and the best asset we have is the heart these guys show.

Regardless, I will be watching, pacing, and yelling. My wife will be amused. The neighbors will not.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
jollything

Post by jollything »

carcassdragger wrote:Anu and the offense will need to play like they did in the 4th quarter against Cal. Defense will have to play better than they have all season. I don't see it happening. Oregon is going to beat us soundly. Hope I'm wrong.

I do believe we have a chance and the best asset we have is the heart these guys show.

Regardless, I will be watching, pacing, and yelling. My wife will be amused. The neighbors will not.
Offense and Defense need to play like the second half vs Cal.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

jollything wrote:Offense and Defense need to play like the second half vs Cal.
We've won the second half 99-36 so far. :D
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Not a popular opinion but I think I the gradient numbers with the white outline looks better then the single color numbers wother out the outline. He'll even a copper outline would look sweet!
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

CSNNW article on Ducks using extra (or not) motivation playing Arizona:
But Marcus, you guys got stomped in Tucson, Ariz. The Wildcats are one of only two teams you’ve lost to during your three years as a starter. They knocked you out of the game. Students stormed the field in celebration of the upset victory as if they had won the national title.

No extra motivation at all?

“I’m going to continue to say the same thing,” Mariota said with a smile. “Honestly, it really is just kind of taking it one day at a time. When the time comes, when that day comes, we’ll be ready.”

Mariota might not be biting. But nobody should be buying what he’s selling. It's weak.

Of course, one wouldn't expect anyone from Oregon to say anything too inflammatory about Arizona. It would serve the Ducks no purpose. Razing them about it is meant in jest. Players typically share in the joke, acknowledging, like Mariota did, that their answers are lame ,and that they know that we know that they aren't telling the whole truth.

The simple fact is that there is no way Oregon doesn't have any extra motivation for this upcoming game. It would be impossible not to. The Ducks, especially Mariota, are far too competitive to not vividly remember the empty feeling left by such a disastrous defeat. Especially when defeats are so few and far between.

Had Oregon won, the Ducks would have returned to the Pac-12 title game with an outside shot remaining for them to reach the BCS National Championship Game. Instead, they were whipped by an inferior team.

Maybe someone younger will give up the dirt.

Tyree Robinson, you were a redshirt last season but what do you think of facing Arizona again?

“Everybody, we’ve got payback, really. That’s what it is,” he said.

Oh, really? Do tell.

(Robinson then caught himself.)

“We want this win more than anything, just like every other game," he said. "We just take every game, week-by-week, we just try to win every single game.”

(sigh).

Okay. We get it. Oregon can't say how they really feel.
Hey, It's an Opportunity for Arizona program. Beat them again in Autzen and trajectory for Cats skyrocket

http://www.csnnw.com/ducks/oregon-ducks ... a-wildcats
Augdogs

Post by Augdogs »

Mariota vs Solomon! Masoli, Malauulu, Tuitama, and don't forget Beirne will be watching this match up.

Cats 63
Ducks 56 OT
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Hey, It's an Opportunity for Arizona program. Beat them again in Autzen and trajectory for Cats skyrocket
That is the key to this whole game. We are being told by everyone that we shouldn't/can't/will not/do not have a chance win this game. I think our team understands that - but the missing facture is the WE TOO remember beating Oregon last year with it being too fresh on our minds. We know it because we have already done it. We not only beat them, but to a degree embarrassed them.

If this game was in Tucson this year again, then what would everyone be saying? I think we not only have a change, but a good chance at playing them straight up. Whoever has possession at the end wins - type of game.

Okay - I do wear glasses and they get a little foggy now and then. I hope we do well (win or lose) and don't want to be beat by 40 points on national TV in a free fall.

I think that if we can get over the crowd noise and limit mistakes, we definitely have a chance and can walk away in a win.

PS - Since this is the Oregon "we change our uniforms every week" Ducks, Can we wear a red, white and blue version of the Michigan helmet so when we win, we can also shove back to the mid west about our great coach that no one wanted?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:razing them about it is meant in jest.
I think they meant "razzing".

This is razing:

dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Oregon players can say whatever the hell they want about LY and an inferior team and everything else - it doesn't change the score one bit 42-16. The pressure is all on them and they can have the game circled and everything else but you still have to make plays.

Oregon players were saying the same thing when it came to playing Stanford after they had beaten them the previous year and what happened? Not saying we're Stanford or anything of the sort - talk is cheap is what I'm saying.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Last year was definitely an unlikely win. This year, it's unlikely as well. But, RichRod said it best: Why not Arizona?
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Just because some are predicting an Oregon blow out doesn't mean they don't believe Arizona can win. I would not be shocked if Oregon Won by 40 or Arizona won by 40 and everything in between. I just personally believe that it is more likely to have an Oregon win than an Arizona win, its not about Arizona not having a chance or not even play the game, just a simple prediction.

At the same time all the pressure is on Oregon. A loss for Arizona is no big deal (Doesn't really change the season outcome), a loss to Oregon could be season ending (In the sense of playoff). They should probably watch out of wanting the game too much, and getting too stiff.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

A busy week at work has meant that I haven't been able to read up on this threat. So I apologize if this has been covered. But I was thinking this morning that I think our D is built to stop Oregon, and that gives us a fighting chance.

Two years ago, at Oregon, we were only down 13-0 at half time. Remember, this was with our defense made of walk-ons and freshmen. The game ended 49-0, that's true, but I'd be inclined to believe that we are deeper and more talented this year than our first year under Casteel.

And we all remember what happened last year.

We can win this game. It'll take a near perfect game from us and the Ducks are far from perfect this year.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

TuiTouchdown wrote:A busy week at work has meant that I haven't been able to read up on this threat. So I apologize if this has been covered. But I was thinking this morning that I think our D is built to stop Oregon, and that gives us a fighting chance.

Two years ago, at Oregon, we were only down 13-0 at half time. Remember, this was with our defense made of walk-ons and freshmen. The game ended 49-0, that's true, but I'd be inclined to believe that we are deeper and more talented this year than our first year under Casteel.

And we all remember what happened last year.

We can win this game. It'll take a near perfect game from us and the Ducks are far from perfect this year.
We also had the ball in the redzone 4-5 times in the first half and came away with no points. If we score on those drives it would've been a different game in the 2nd half. I know we cant play the what if game but what if! The Defense balled out in the 1st half but the offense could not pick them up at all and then Oregon just broke our defense in the 2nd half.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The ducks will sell out to stop the run loading the box. Anu is going to have to be sharp early ( something he hasnt been ) and we should move the ball on the outside.

I think we really exploit their linebackers across the middle and with drag routes. I am not as confident on defense and i am hoping we play More of Parks in Tevis spot and put Bondo back in at his normal spot. Use Turituri and Matthews with Scooby
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

I sure would feel a lot better if Oregon had the extra burden of a short week this week, but they get to rest, heal- up and scheme for a full week and a half just like us.

I think that Oregon’s added time to prepare, being at home with rabid fans and having an extra level of serious motivation just may be the deciding factor. I can guarantee you that none of those factors will hurt.

If I had to guess I would say that their going to replicate Cals game plan to a “T”. Oregon knows the chances of Anu and the Cats coming from behind like we did against the Cal Bears is highly unlikely. So its imperative that the Cats do not allow Oregon to jump out to a 14-21 point lead early and dictate tempo. Arizona is going to have to answer TD's with TD's. Field goals answering Oregon TD's will result in a rout scenario.

Defensively the Ducks are going to sell out and stop the run and make Anu beat them through the air. To counter that, Offensively Moriota will, as you might expect, put on an aerial and running masterpiece and attack our vulnerable secondary and weak LB, TE coverage support skills. The Cats will have to maintain containment and scheme discipline to the max.

But now that we know that RR/Casteel are going to use Bondo in a diversified flex hybrid LB/DB 3-4 configuration at times during the game may be the factor that helps neutralize some of the TE and short passing route success of Moriota.

I think we will respond well and Anu should have a solid outing, but the Moriota factor will very likely seal the deal for the ducks at home. Anu will grow and continue to gain confidence and we will as a team start to see the plan and perseverance of all of the hard work start to show real tangible results against a really quality opponent and an adversary year in and year out..

We're expected to lose to #2 Oregon and actually by a lot, so I say we dust off the play book, let it all hang out and take a few chances to strike quickly and let the chips fall where they may. The only thing that is stopping the Cats from attaining an Oregon level of competitiveness is our defensive shortcomings.

Our offensive prowess is already at a national level scheme that can win any game we play anywhere. Our defensive shortcoming is out albatross and it appears we're going to need a couple more recruiting classes to make the jump to our first level of expectations, that being a PAC-12 “South” Championship, then a PAC-12 overall Conference Championship.

From that point on the sky’s the limit.

Will it start this weekend in Oregon, maybe, maybe not. That’s why we play the game.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

If coaches happen to read message boards...Run the sweep!!!!. Neal and TJ need the ball in space, and if the defense focuses on the straight running like cal did, we will need to start moving the team sideways.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:I sure would feel a lot better if Oregon had the extra burden of a short week this week, but they get to rest, heal- up and scheme for a full week and a half just like us.

I think that Oregon’s added time to prepare, being at home with rabid fans and having an extra level of serious motivation just may be the deciding factor. I can guarantee you that none of those factors will hurt.

If I had to guess I would say that their going to replicate Cals game plan to a “T”. Oregon knows the chances of Anu and the Cats coming from behind like we did against the Cal Bears is highly unlikely. So its imperative that the Cats do not allow Oregon to jump out to a 14-21 point lead early and dictate tempo. Arizona is going to have to answer TD's with TD's. Field goals answering Oregon TD's will result in a rout scenario.

Defensively the Ducks are going to sell out and stop the run and make Anu beat them through the air. To counter that, Offensively Moriota will, as you might expect, put on an aerial and running masterpiece and attack our vulnerable secondary and weak LB, TE coverage support skills. The Cats will have to maintain containment and scheme discipline to the max.

But now that we know that RR/Casteel are going to use Bondo in a diversified flex hybrid LB/DB 3-4 configuration at times during the game may be the factor that helps neutralize some of the TE and short passing route success of Moriota.

I think we will respond well and Anu should have a solid outing, but the Moriota factor will very likely seal the deal for the ducks at home. Anu will grow and continue to gain confidence and we will as a team start to see the plan and perseverance of all of the hard work start to show real tangible results against a really quality opponent and an adversary year in and year out..

We're expected to lose to #2 Oregon and actually by a lot, so I say we dust off the play book, let it all hang out and take a few chances to strike quickly and let the chips fall where they may. The only thing that is stopping the Cats from attaining an Oregon level of competitiveness is our defensive shortcomings.

Our offensive prowess is already at a national level scheme that can win any game we play anywhere. Our defensive shortcoming is out albatross and it appears we're going to need a couple more recruiting classes to make the jump to our first level of expectations, that being a PAC-12 “South” Championship, then a PAC-12 overall Conference Championship.

From that point on the sky’s the limit.

Will it start this weekend in Oregon, maybe, maybe not. That’s why we play the game.
You say "replicate Cal's game plan" like anybody can do that. My point is if that was truly the case then Oregon would beat Stanford if all they did was replicate what Arizona did back in '12 vs Stanford. That being said, if Grandon or Tevis end up in coverage then shame on Casteel as neither one should be covering anybody. I agree with azcat49 that Parks should be playing in coverage and not Tevis.

Anu has to be in rhythm early and stay that way through the entire game. The O has to put points on the board when the D gets a stop and has to score TD's not FG's. I don't think any UA fan is thinking we can go in there and get a W just because - but our Offense gives us a chance in any game we play if it's on. It has to be on early and often come next Thursday Night.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Arizona is no Stanford and neither is it's defense. I always hear about how the offense will keep the cats in the game. I can point to a few blowouts in the RR era, especially on the road. What's the biggest road win in the RR era?

Oregon by 3 TDs
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

cats101 wrote:Arizona is no Stanford and neither is it's defense. I always hear about how the offense will keep the cats in the game. I can point to a few blowouts in the RR era, especially on the road. What's the biggest road win in the RR era?

Oregon by 3 TDs
And yet nobody has put 48 on the Cards except Arizona in RR's first year. On the road no less. Not only was Arizona the only team to put 48 on the Cards - they're the only team in 2 years to score more than 28 on the Cards.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Cats win...

End of story. Book it.

I'll take CATS on Thursday Nights ESPN (or FS1) against Oregon every day and twice and sundays.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

dc4azcats wrote:
cats101 wrote:Arizona is no Stanford and neither is it's defense. I always hear about how the offense will keep the cats in the game. I can point to a few blowouts in the RR era, especially on the road. What's the biggest road win in the RR era?

Oregon by 3 TDs
And yet nobody has put 48 on the Cards except Arizona in RR's first year. On the road no less. Not only was Arizona the only team to put 48 on the Cards - they're the only team in 2 years to score more than 28 on the Cards.
The same year Arizona put up 10 points against ucla (in a 56 blowout), the least of any PAC12 team that season.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

UTSA lost to Florida Atlantic yesterday.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

I haven't been able to find any updated information beyond this: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... d_jak.htmlbut sounds like Yruretagoyena is definitely out and Fisher is questionable at best, so they are going to have the same tackles playing that gave up 7 sacks to Wazzu.

I think this definitely gives us a chance. They're less likely to be able to just pound us with the run, and we should be able to exploit their inexperience with blitzes etc. We're going to get a crack to cause some havoc on defense, but we have to take advantage - can't have tackling breakdowns or missed assignments. (for example, if Bondo gets a chance for a sack on the first play again....he needs to bring Mariota down FFS.)

I'm not feeling a blowout. Have a feeling that our defense plays better than expected (given the banged-up Duck OL) and Anu yakks up a TO or two early before settling down, but not soon enough.

38-31 Ducks.

EDIT: I came up with that score without (consciously) realizing that it was the score of the UO-Wazzu game. I'll stick with it regardless.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Per Vegas Insider Oregon opens up at -25.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Arizona v Oregon line opens at Cats +25.5 then VI sets it at +22.5 and its currently at +24 and or +23. That's a lot of points for a team that can score a lot of points.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

We shouldn't bench Tevis for Parks. Parks has not played well these last few weeks and Bondurant has proved his worth last week. If anything he's gonna be the one losing snaps
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This is going to be an interesting line to follow. Cats can score but they do have a freshman at the helm. Oregon plays well at home but we seem to play them well wherever the game is

But Parks hasn't played well in Bondo's spot(spur)but has played well the last 2 years when in for Tevis (safety).

We could use Telles Jones in coverage if you like. I just think Tevis has been exposed in pass coverage

Oregon has given up 27 at home to Michigan St and 31 to Wazzu on the toad. They can be scored on
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Not that losing by 3+ touchdowns is inconceivable by any means....but if I was in Vegas I would take those points in a heartbeat (and I never bet on the Cats).
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

azthrillhouse wrote:Not that losing by 3+ touchdowns is inconceivable by any means....but if I was in Vegas I would take those points in a heartbeat (and I never bet on the Cats).
Yep. The only thing that can ruin it is if the Cats turn it over in the red zone 5 freakin times like their last trip to Eugene.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »