The #2 punter in Junior College plays at Pima

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

The #2 punter in Junior College plays at Pima

Post by Irish27 »

Hopefully RR is looking at John Bowers from Pima, who is averaging 45 yards a punt. That average puts him second in the nation. http://njcaa.org/sports/fball/2017-18/p ... &pos=p&r=0" target="_blank

http://pimaaztecs.com/sports/fball/2017 ... _john_8dh2" target="_blank
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Footballjunkie

Re: The #2 punter in Junior College plays at Pima

Post by Footballjunkie »

Looks like Arizona just offered John Bowers a scholarship yesterday.
http://tucson.com/sports/greghansen/han ... 718.html#1" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Footballjunkie wrote:Looks like Arizona just offered John Bowers a scholarship yesterday.

About time RichRod takes ST seriously. Stoops never did.

The Wildcats also asked Pima linebacker Aaron Maddox for a visit, but it’s probably too late. Maddox, son of 1992 Desert Swarm captain Richard Maddox, has already taken his allotment of recruiting visits.

He can still take unofficials can't he? Not like he needs expenses to go across town.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:
Footballjunkie wrote:Looks like Arizona just offered John Bowers a scholarship yesterday.

The Wildcats also asked Pima linebacker Aaron Maddox for a visit, but it’s probably too late. Maddox, son of 1992 Desert Swarm captain Richard Maddox, has already taken his allotment of recruiting visits.

He can still take unofficials can't he? Not like he needs expenses to go across town.
He has 7 days to do it or has to wait until Jan 12.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:

He has 7 days to do it or has to wait until Jan 12.

I'd bet he's already seen the campus and the facilities. Maybe a visit for him isn't even all that important. The important thing is does he want to come to the UofA.
Footballjunkie

Post by Footballjunkie »

In interviews out of HS he said he chose Rutgers b/c it was close to his hone in NJ. Rutgers gave him a prefered walkom. Not sure they ever gave him a scholarship. Articles also note that he had a 41+ yard punting average out of HS. Not sure if he's ready to go back East?
Quick..somebody find him and show him back East snow pictures. :shock:
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Then there are those other articles.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Guess RichRod still isn't taking ST seriously.

http://tucson.com/ua-gives-pima-recruit ... 8ec05.html" target="_blank

Pima College football coach Jim Monaco was not happy at the way UA football coach Rich Rodriguez treated PCC’s second-team All-American punter John Bowers.

UA assistant coach Brian Knorr visited Bowers at PCC and watched Bowers, who was second in NJCAA with a 45-yard average last season, kick 20 or 30 punts. The UA invited Bowers to audition at Arizona Stadium a day later. When Bowers arrived, no UA coaches were there to meet him. He waited for about an hour and was finally told there would be no audition.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:Guess RichRod still isn't taking ST seriously.

Pima College football coach Jim Monaco was not happy at the way UA football coach Rich Rodriguez treated PCC’s second-team All-American punter John Bowers.

UA assistant coach Brian Knorr visited Bowers at PCC and watched Bowers, who was second in NJCAA with a 45-yard average last season, kick 20 or 30 punts. The UA invited Bowers to audition at Arizona Stadium a day later. When Bowers arrived, no UA coaches were there to meet him. He waited for about an hour and was finally told there would be no audition.

He never has. This is just one of many similar incidents. It’s been problematic from year one. Glad someone had enough balls to speak out.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Incredible. Does RR outsource his local recruiting to unprofessional morons? The article also says we blew off Pima College offensive lineman Keith Brigham, who ended up signing with Memphis.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lol where are the rich rod defenders and blowhards? Trash coach.
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Not trash like you buddy!!! You rrod blowhard haters know everything. You guys are the worst i can't say what i want to say because moderator will threaten to ban me.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Merkin wrote:Guess RichRod still isn't taking ST seriously.

Totally unacceptable.

If that was what happened I feel bad for John and embarrassed by our coaching staff. I'm sorry this happened to you John.

Shameful.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I imagine Monaco won't be taking RichRod's phone calls now, if he ever did. Way to shut the door on a local pipeline.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Not trash like you buddy!!! You rrod blowhard haters know everything. You guys are the worst i can't say what i want to say because moderator will threaten to ban me.
As you should be
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

1) I am sure this is a misunderstanding
2) lots of people shit on Graham for getting so many ju co guys now people are upset about a ju co being upset with Arizona?
3) most RR haters can't name one name that would come to UA who would do better
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

If this is true, and by all accounts it is, how can anyone defend the coaching staff? This would have been a slam dunk if RR bothered to show interest. Unacceptable negligence and more fodder for cleaning house ASAP.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Machina found a way to defend them. Lol
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:1) I am sure this is a misunderstanding
2) lots of people shit on Graham for getting so many ju co guys now people are upset about a ju co being upset with Arizona?
3) most RR haters can't name one name that would come to UA who would do better
You’re hilarious.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

November 2nd we will see the UA punters shank a couple of 20 yard punts, while Bowers booms 50 yarders for the Buffs at Arizona stadium.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

I don't have high expectations for Arizona football, but this is a joke. RR might be the only coach incompetent enough to fuck up an on-campus visit for a guy living two miles away. And it's not like we are set at punter. We had a TE punting because of how bad our punters have been.

The ASU game really changed my mind about RR. I was willing to look past his thinking Dawkins > Tate, but his mismanagement at the end of the first half showed how clueless he is. I understand the issue of the buyout, but Heeke needs to have candidates ready to interview next season.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

PHXCATS wrote:1) I am sure this is a misunderstanding
Based on what?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Merkin wrote:November 2nd we will see the UA punters shank a couple of 20 yard punts, while Bowers booms 50 yarders for the Buffs at Arizona stadium.
He hasn't committed yet, but it could happen soon. Looks like he takes punting very seriously and wants to make it to the NFL. https://twitter.com/jbowers_89" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TatetheGreat wrote:
Merkin wrote:November 2nd we will see the UA punters shank a couple of 20 yard punts, while Bowers booms 50 yarders for the Buffs at Arizona stadium.
He hasn't committed yet, but it could happen soon. Looks like he takes punting very seriously and wants to make it to the NFL. https://twitter.com/jbowers_89" target="_blank
Then he should stay away from Arizona as he won't get the coaching he needs.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
Then he should stay away from Arizona as he won't get the coaching he needs.
But think of the 3-&-outs!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TatetheGreat wrote:If this is true, and by all accounts it is, how can anyone defend the coaching staff? This would have been a slam dunk if RR bothered to show interest. Unacceptable negligence and more fodder for cleaning house ASAP.
I highly doubt RR (or another coach on the staff) gets an audition set up then just fucks with the guy and never shows up.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

If they did that is messed up and make the requirement 10 wins for next year
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

The hell are you talking about
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

PHXCATS wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:If this is true, and by all accounts it is, how can anyone defend the coaching staff? This would have been a slam dunk if RR bothered to show interest. Unacceptable negligence and more fodder for cleaning house ASAP.
I highly doubt RR (or another coach on the staff) gets an audition set up then just fucks with the guy and never shows up.
RR would have been at Bowers open practice and scheduled the audition himself if he actually prioritized special teams. Instead, he left one of his misfit assistants to recruit him and now Monaco hates our staff and Bowers is unlikely to commit. Why are you defending the indefensible?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Just l shit can this trash of a coach already.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:Just l shit can this trash of a coach already.
And hire who? Who would do better here that we could get?

Or go without a coach next year and the rest of the recruiting cycle?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

PHXCATS wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Just l shit can this trash of a coach already.
And hire who? Who would do better here that we could get?

Or go without a coach next year and the rest of the recruiting cycle?
Let's put it this way: Anyone, even Herm Edwards, would have better managed the ASU game and driven 8 minutes to Kino Sports Complex to watch Bowers in person and schedule a visit/audition, knowing how bad our punting has been.
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

I don't believe this story it's a hit piece for the rrod haters. The coach from pima is part of the lynch mob to get rid of rrod. All you guys are falling for it never knew Arizona fans were so gullible. Don't believe everything you read on social media
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

What's more likely: AZ Daily Star putting out fake news about the local university or RR and his staff fucking up again? Hmm, tough one.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TatetheGreat wrote:What's more likely: AZ Daily Star putting out fake news about the local university or RR and his staff fucking up again? Hmm, tough one.
Most likely is there was an honest mistake or miscommunication
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:I don't believe this story it's a hit piece for the rrod haters. The coach from pima is part of the lynch mob to get rid of rrod. All you guys are falling for it never knew Arizona fans were so gullible. Don't believe everything you read on social media
Let it go Alpha, Their no point of trying to argue with them. No matter how you spin it, Who telling the truth? Hansen or Pima HC? The story does seem to get at RR but Is their more to the story on what being said today. What you should be saying is, Where was RR and the coaching staff when he was on campus? What was RR and the coaching staff doing when he was waiting? And why didn't this kids ask anyone Where was RR and Coaching Staff at?

I don't give a fuck on what other will said at this point. Don't worry RR would will prove them wrong again next season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:I don't believe this story it's a hit piece for the rrod haters. The coach from pima is part of the lynch mob to get rid of rrod. All you guys are falling for it never knew Arizona fans were so gullible. Don't believe everything you read on social media
Whenever I write about RichRod, I often have the same feelings when I write about Trump on FB and Twitter trying to understand WTF these people are thinking, and I can't.

Lügenpresse!!!!!
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Do you guys realize pima is terrible? You guys are hung up on him being #2 juco punter. His stats should be awesome because he was punting all the time. The haters already bitching about this class and now they're upset that a punter from sorry pima supposedly got ignored. Like I said in earlier post this is a hit piece for the rrod rod haters to jump on. If the kid is really that good he would have never been at a juco
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:His stats should be awesome because he was punting all the time.
No. Can you punt 45 yards once?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Do you guys realize pima is terrible? You guys are hung up on him being #2 juco punter. His stats should be awesome because he was punting all the time. The haters already bitching about this class and now they're upset that a punter from sorry pima supposedly got ignored. Like I said in earlier post this is a hit piece for the rrod rod haters to jump on. If the kid is really that good he would have never been at a juco
He wasn't punting all the time, but who cares? We need someone who won't shank one or more punts every game. Bowers averaged 45 yards/punt (better than half of the NFL) and had zero punts blocked. But yeah, he's at a JUCO so he must suck. We'll stick with what hasn't worked.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Do you guys realize pima is terrible? You guys are hung up on him being #2 juco punter. His stats should be awesome because he was punting all the time. The haters already bitching about this class and now they're upset that a punter from sorry pima supposedly got ignored. Like I said in earlier post this is a hit piece for the rrod rod haters to jump on. If the kid is really that good he would have never been at a juco
This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

What's so dumb about it? Juco players are hit and miss and more miss then hit. Arizona hasn't been too successful with juco players. Remember how great Paul magloire was suppose to be if he was still on this team he wouldn't even start.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:What's so dumb about it? Juco players are hit and miss and more miss then hit. Arizona hasn't been too successful with juco players. Remember how great Paul magloire was suppose to be if he was still on this team he wouldn't even start.
You can have a great player on a shitty team. There are all kinds of reasons why a D1 quality player is in Jr. college. Try to fail less.
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Yep i guess that's why Alabama, Michigan, Ohio state, usc, Georgia, and other top programs are loaded with juco players.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Yep i guess that's why Alabama, Michigan, Ohio state, usc, Georgia, and other top programs are loaded with juco players.
When the UA competes with elite programs for 4 and 5 star HS recruits then you can revisit this.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Yep i guess that's why Alabama, Michigan, Ohio state, usc, Georgia, and other top programs are loaded with juco players.
They have juco players. Most teams do.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alabama Signs Two Top-Five JUCO Linemen
http://www.alabamanews.net/2016/12/15/a ... o-linemen/" target="_blank

Ohio State is expected to sign four-star junior college defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson during the early signing period for the 2018 recruiting class
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/12/an ... signi.html" target="_blank

JUCO Signing Day: Georgia signs one prospect, two still committed
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georg ... committed/" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

National Signing Day Countdown: Instant Impact JUCO Transfers
https://watchstadium.com/news/national- ... 1-26-2017/" target="_blank

You're right, I guess the top teams don't get juco transfers.

Do yourself a favor and crack a book for once.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alpha is definitely machina's aggressive sock persona
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Juco players are still hit or miss. Arizona hit with dane cruikshank and missed with a paul magloire. I understand every team has juco players. You just better be sure they're the right fit. Schools like Alabama are so loaded with 5 stars if they take a chance on a juco it doesn't hurt them if the player is a flop.