Arizona Coaching Search

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

btfd16

Re: Arizona Coaching Search

Post by btfd16 »

btfd16 wrote:Side note: Players are signing a petition for Yates. It won't work. They act like they're Oregon except Cristobal is proven and can recruit.
"We created a petition to keep Coach Yates as head coach. ... The media and fans try to rob us of our credibility saying we shouldn't have a voice. If anyone has a right to speak, it is us. ... Lets take action in this decision and let our voices be heard."

There is more but just info about signing and saying if you want to mention position coach.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I applaud their loyalty. Hopefully they can become just as loyal to the new coach.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

chiefzona wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
OSUCat wrote:K must have turned us down. It is one thing to be turned down by Sumlin. Getting turned down by Ken is a bit embarrassing and a mistake by the AD.

Sumlin didn’t turn anything down.
Correct.
Never offered?

Yet.
Don't tell me the Navy coach was Heeke's top choice
prh

Post by prh »

Lol since when are 18-22 year old men the best decision makers? Or great at seeing the big picture
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Those players have guaranteed that Yates can not be kept as a DC. And TBH, I question how Yates has handled this himself if he hasn't told the players to cut it off.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

NYCat wrote:

Correct.[/quote]

Never offered?[/quote]

Yet.[/quote]

Don't tell me the Navy coach was Heeke's top choice[/quote]

I'm almost 100% positive that Kenny was top choice.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

chiefzona wrote:
NYCat wrote:
Correct.
Never offered?[/quote]

Yet.[/quote]

Don't tell me the Navy coach was Heeke's top choice[/quote]

I'm almost 100% positive that Kenny was top choice.[/quote]

Well, if that is true, that is stupid.
Last edited by OSUCat on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Come on now.........
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
prh

Post by prh »

OSUCat wrote: Come on now.....
If I'm a candidate, I have to wonder how difficult to deal with our players will be after all this. Taking over a team that doesn't want you? That sounds fun. I'd want a huge buyout the first 3 years.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

This is all turning into.....Kenny possibly walks.....Heeke panics and scrambles. Ends up calling Baldwin and negotiating to keep Yates. We'll see.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

I dont why you would offer a job to someone unless you're 100% certain the guy was going to accept it without having to think about it.
Last edited by NYCat on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

NYCat wrote:I dont why you would offer a job to someone unless you're 100% certain the guy was going to accept it right away.
Correct.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

It's not too late to offer Jason Candle or Chris Klieman. Klieman has won 3 FCS championships in the last four seasons.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I don't want Yates as a Head Coach.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Merkin wrote:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. This entire thing has turned into one big circus and I'm sick of it. No one has a clue what the truth is.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Yates has no business being the head coach period. Forget that he doesn't have enough experience, but this charade that he's allowed to commence by the players on Twitter, while he's the acting coach, doesn't exactly instill confidence he could discipline effectively or get the most out of his guys.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

TatetheGreat wrote:It's not too late to offer Jason Candle or Chris Klieman. Klieman has won 3 FCS championships in the last four seasons.

How about Jeff Dunham? He can bring on Walter and Peanut as coordinators.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:It's not too late to offer Jason Candle or Chris Klieman. Klieman has won 3 FCS championships in the last four seasons.

How about Jeff Dunham? He can bring on Walter and Peanut as coordinators.
I'm assuming Klieman brings in his championship staff that put Wentz into the NFL. Candle has been a QB/WR coach and OC and could keep Yates or bring his own staff on defense.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ChooChooCat wrote:Yates has no business being the head coach period. Forget that he doesn't have enough experience, but this charade that he's allowed to commence by the players on Twitter, while he's the acting coach, doesn't exactly instill confidence he could discipline effectively or get the most out of his guys.
What is it exactly that bothers you so much about a player having and expressing an opinion? Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen one threat. I've seen several players express support for Yates and I saw Tate express his opinion on the triple option and by the way an opinion I'll bet that you hold as well. This entire coach search has been a complete circus. I don't blame any of them for being restless or insecure about it. We're the fans and we'll be stuck watching whatever product this new coach puts on the field but they're the ones that have to play. Personally I'm glad Yates realizes they have an opinion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I don't get this notion that this search has been a circus. It's a circus on this board and a carnival on 247. In the real world there's been minimal national chatter. Nobody cares. Nobody is paying attention other than us. Take a breath.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

ChooChooCat wrote:Yates has no business being the head coach period. Forget that he doesn't have enough experience, but this charade that he's allowed to commence by the players on Twitter, while he's the acting coach, doesn't exactly instill confidence he could discipline effectively or get the most out of his guys.
They'll start a petition for him but they won't play hard under him?
Mike Luke's burner account.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Seriously seeing nothing but great things being said about this guy on twitter from people who actually know football coaching. Arizona fans and players might have scared off a coach who seems to be regarded as one of the best in the business within coaching circles.
Last edited by Macho Grande on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

KillerKlown wrote:
They'll start a petition for him but they won't play hard under him?
Is playing hard all it takes to get the most out of his guys?

Has a players' choice as replacement ever worked anywhere ever? Name one. How are any of you comfortable with 18-22 year olds making a head coaching decision?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Macho Grande wrote: Seriously seeing nothing but great things being said about this guy on from people who actually know football coaching. Arizona fans and players might have scared off a coach who seems to be regarded as one of the best in the business within coaching circles.
For Marcel fucking Yates. If he gets the job the players will have effectively paid his legal bills yay.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

BearDown89 wrote:I don't get this notion that this search has been a circus. It's a circus on this board and a carnival on 247. In the real world there's been minimal national chatter. Nobody cares. Nobody is paying attention other than us. Take a breath.
Well said. Thank You!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Why do people or the players want Yates? He isn't a good defensive coach and not a fantastic recruiter.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

ASUHATER! wrote:Why do people or the players want Yates? He isn't a good defensive coach and not a fantastic recruiter.
Is it Yates or the 3-3-5?
Serious question.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Macho Grande wrote: Seriously seeing nothing but great things being said about this guy on twitter from people who actually know football coaching. Arizona fans and players might have scared off a coach who seems to be regarded as one of the best in the business within coaching circles.
Hoo boy! You mean we might have lost out on a head coach that’s afraid of a few anonymous Internet personalities and Sunday morning quarterbacks who call into local radio shows?

I think we’ll miss his toughness and leadership in the face of adversity most of all.....

:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Why do people or the players want Yates? He isn't a good defensive coach and not a fantastic recruiter.
Obviously they disagree with your opinion.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Macho Grande wrote: Seriously seeing nothing but great things being said about this guy on twitter from people who actually know football coaching. Arizona fans and players might have scared off a coach who seems to be regarded as one of the best in the business within coaching circles.
Everyone loves Romar, but there's a reason he's on Arizona's bench under Miller
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Referring to Pete Thamel’s Tweet: So was Rich Rod. We played this game for the last 6 years. As an AD, you don’t choose the same thing and expect different results. That’s the definition of insanity.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I expect an agreement just not a formal announcement today. But who fucking knows with this search.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Apparently all 3 were interviewed yesterday (where ?) but possibly not by Heeke but by UA president Robbins.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

If the Navy coach was really the first choice, and it took THIS long just to have him turn the job down, Heeke should be fired right now for being totally incompetent. I mean, he knew a good month ago that he was going to fire Rich Rod, he just didn't know whether it would be with or without cause. And he supposedly had been talking to coaches before that firing, but now we have this shitshow of a bungled search. And, yes, it is still a shitshow, even if no one outside of Tucson knows or cares.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Allis fumbled. He doesn’t get another carry.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Chicat wrote:
Hoo boy! You mean we might have lost out on a head coach that’s afraid of a few anonymous Internet personalities and Sunday morning quarterbacks who call into local radio shows?
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. :roll:

Medic! Strawman down! Strawman down!
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Well being left in limbo is a lot better then hearing Ken is coming so I'm calling today a win. Let him teach the young men at the great Naval Academy instead :)
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Miller didn't say yes the first two times, Sumlin hasn't even been offered apparently. Only the beginning, fire up the swagcopter
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

With a giant cactus at the bottom
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

NYCat wrote:Miller didn't say yes the first two times, Sumlin hasn't even been offered apparently. Only the beginning, fire up the swagcopter
We need Calipari to give him a call since he's a better closer than any AD we've ever had.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

If that's the way you want to go, you hire Craig Bohl, the guy who mentored Klieman and won at NDSU
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Mute the media guys. Shit is gonna go real dark here. Other than an official hire announcement, rumblings will be rumblings. Credibility is lost on the Tucson media for the exception of Lev. Buckle in boys.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

chiefzona wrote:Mute the media guys. Shit is gonna go real dark here. Other than an official hire announcement, rumblings will be rumblings. Credibility is lost on the Tucson media for the exception of Lev. Buckle in boys.
How much longer do you think this is going to go?

If we make a good hire, I'm OK with us taking our time. But this shitshow could result in Yates as HC. Not good.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Macho Grande wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. :roll:

Medic! Strawman down! Strawman down!
I’m confused. Did you not say this?

Arizona fans and players might have scared off a coach who seems to be regarded as one of the best in the business within coaching circles.

I see it quoted above, but maybe I’m having an acid flashback or something.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

qwertyus wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Mute the media guys. Shit is gonna go real dark here. Other than an official hire announcement, rumblings will be rumblings. Credibility is lost on the Tucson media for the exception of Lev. Buckle in boys.
How much longer do you think this is going to go?

If we make a good hire, I'm OK with us taking our time. But this shitshow could result in Yates as HC. Not good.

I don’t know. But I don’t think Heeke chooses Yates. I’ve heard a couple of names thrown around and I hope they are just rumors. I firmly believe that Sumlin is still in this. I think Baldwin is too.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I get the sense that Lev just decided to sit this one out. Seems to be scanning twitter and then quickly putting up a bio of everyone who is mentioned.

On a different note, I can’t wait for the press conference where they announce anyone other than Sumlin or Baldwin and Heeke starts in on “our first, and only choice...”. Lev might even believe it. :lol:
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

All the anger and outrage on social media over the potential hire of Ken Niumatalolo should instead be harnessed and focused on a much more worthy cause. A campaign to bring the cactus back.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Lev has no credibility until we find out if the job really was offered to N.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

NYCat wrote:All the anger and outrage on social media over the potential hire of Ken Niumatalolo should instead be harnessed and focused on a much more worthy cause. A campaign to bring the cactus back.

Can Wilbur get his guns back too?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion