Arizona Coaching Search

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alpha chiefdom

Re: Arizona Coaching Search

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Good job with all of this chiefzona. You were right the whole time. I'm still rrod fan but you were spot on during this coaching search.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Good job with all of this chiefzona. You were right the whole time. I'm still rrod fan but you were spot on during this coaching search.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

chiefzona wrote:
Alpha chiefdom wrote:Good job with all of this chiefzona. You were right the whole time. I'm still rrod fan but you were spot on during this coaching search.

Hats off to you, Chief. Just one flaw in your commentary: Heeke is not a lightweight in over his head. This could not have been an easy deal to put together, starting with getting rid of RR at great expense, then replacing him with a massive upgrade at an affordable price, all in a very short period of time. Heeke performed like a seasoned pro.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

To the contrary, my hopes for Sumlin got a boost when Chief said that he was almost gone and when he said Baldwin was likely the guy.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

MrMeow wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Hats off to you, Chief. Just one flaw in your commentary: Heeke is not a lightweight in over his head. This could not have been an easy deal to put together, starting with getting rid of RR at great expense, then replacing him with a massive upgrade at an affordable price, all in a very short period of time. Heeke performed like a seasoned pro.

Yes. Heeke came out a champ. Thanks.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

carcassdragger wrote:
To the contrary, my hopes for Sumlin got a boost when Chief said that he was almost gone and when he said Baldwin was likely the guy.

Baldwin was always 2.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

MrMeow wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

The contract was a stroke of genius, but quite frankly it only worked because A&M was on the eve of cutting Sumlin a massive check. The first 2 seasons we get Sumlin for a discount because he knew he was getting PAID regardless and he understood we had to pay RR his money to go away. Year 3 and on will reflect how much Sumlin is worth from this point on.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I am sure Yates and Sumlin talk about the defensive coaches, Sumlin has final say but listens to Yates.

I have to think the pool for assistants will be a good size and Sumlin needed that to come here. He will bring in guys he wants and they all should be better than what we had last year.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Also hearing rumblings Vince and Knorr are out. Will update when 100%

Edit: Amey official.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Who are we gonna get to replace all these defensive staff? Plus, not having 2 Co OC's. Seems like a lot of vacancies that need to be filled...
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

qwertyus wrote:Who are we gonna get to replace all these defensive staff? Plus, not having 2 Co OC's. Seems like a lot of vacancies that need to be filled...
Which is a good thing.
jimson

Post by jimson »

He was? I thought he said Sumlin was just about gone and Baldwin was the guy, and Ken N was Heeke's first choice.

He did do just as well or better than any of the media guys though.