86 Justin Belknap

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

86 Justin Belknap

Post by ANGCatFan »

Belknap is a 6-3, 259, redshirt Junior defensive end. It is easy to forget because of his production the last 2 years the Belknap is a former walk-on. He earned a starting role as a redshirt Freshman and then was given a scholarship last spring. Last year in 12 games he had 23 tackles (3 for a loss) and 2.5 sacks. Arm Chair All-Americans (a site I'd never heard of before finding this article) lists Belknap as 1 of 5 Wildcats who may have a breakout season.
This man just keeps on getting bigger and stronger. The red shirt junior will be a huge asset for the Wildcats defense in 2018, and his play could go a long way in determining the team’s success in the Pac-12. Belknap had 22 tackles and two sacks a season ago, but with his added strength comes the potential for more. He’ll of course be a starter for Arizona, and he himself will determine just how much he gets to stay on the field. Belknap has the chance to establish himself as a dominant player on the defense if he can get up to 5 sacks and 30 tackles this year.
86 is Nick Foles Arizona record for pass completion % in a game when he went 32 for 37 against Toledo in 2010.

Chicat

Re: 86 Justin Belknap

Post by Chicat »

I feel like Belknap is going to be a Brooks Reed clone this year.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Also a fan of this kid. Plays with an energy you need on defense
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Chicat wrote:I feel like Belknap is going to be a Brooks Reed clone this year.

Is this sarcasm?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Aw Chief, you just can’t quit us...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?