67 David Watson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

67 David Watson

Post by ANGCatFan »

Watson is a 6-5, 307 (+17 since signing day), Freshman offensive lineman from Amphi HS, Tucson, AZ. An early enrollee, Watson already has a spring of practice and strength and conditioning under his belt which gives him a head start on possibly seeing playing time this year. Watson happens to be a double Arizona legacy. His dad, David Sr., was a offensive guard in the 90s and his mom, Laura Espinoza, was a 3-time All-American shortstop and 2-time national champion in softball. Here's some quotes on his playing style from Brandon Combs, AZ Desert Swarm:
"He's the kind of kid if you tell him that someone will match up well against him, he'll go out there and try to prove you wrong," (Jorge) Mendivil (Amphi FB coach) said. "He loves the competition."

I like what Watson brings to the Wildcats. He is quite fast for a human his size. He is extremely powerful and has a tenacity to his game. He has a knack for punching holes in the defense, allowing his running back to gain chunks of yards. He is still a little raw but has a large amount of upside.

67 is the Arizona record for most career TD passes shared by Willie Tuitama, 2005-08, and Nick Foles, 2009-11.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Re: 67 Days David Watson

Post by Merkin »

Where can you get a lid like that? Don't see one at the UA bookstore or lids.com.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:Where can you get a lid like that? Don't see one at the UA bookstore or lids.com.
They used to sell them, but I don't see it anywhere outside of cheap knock offs.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Oh well, probably for the best. I flash it when someone gives me a Bear Down, but not living in AZ someone might confuse it for the WP hand sign and hassle me out here. Definitely wear it on my trips to Tucson though.

I think this is bogus btw, but some may not know that.

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:Oh well, probably for the best. I flash it when someone gives me a Bear Down, but not living in AZ someone might confuse it for the WP hand sign and hassle me out here. Definitely wear it on my trips to Tucson though.

I think this is bogus btw, but some may not know that.

Always thought that was the 'OK' symbol, but yeah if there's even confusion with what you just posted there best to just avoid that at all costs.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

2 slugs for looking is what i always thought :D