Rich Rod Better Coach Sumlin Better Recruiter

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheBuffet

Rich Rod Better Coach Sumlin Better Recruiter

Post by TheBuffet »

Rich Rod is clearly the better coach but recruited like crap. Sumlin will be a much better recruiter, but until he has a couple recruiting classes in I think its going to be painful. We made our bed, hopefully in a few years we'll want to sleep in it...
OSUCat

Re: Rich Rod Better Coach Sumlin Better Recruiter

Post by OSUCat »

TheBuffet wrote:Rich Rod is clearly the better coach but recruited like crap. Sumlin will be a much better recruiter, but until he has a couple recruiting classes in I think its going to be painful. We made our bed, hopefully in a few years we'll want to sleep in it...
Eh? How can you determine that? Really, the only thing you can say is that the Offense would probably be running better but defense would not be any better, special teams would likely be worse, and you probably be watching Rhett since Tate was injured in te BYU game. Not sure you can say with more than 50/50 confidence that Arizona would have won either game.

Basically, RR recruits run RR offense better than Mazzones offense. Not surprising.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If RichRod was such a good coach he would be working right now as a coach. Even he has said so himself, he isn't getting much interest.

Just too stubborn, with a gimmicky dated offense, and too much hands on defense with an awful defensive scheme.

If RichRod ever coaches again, it will be at a mid major.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote:If RichRod was such a good coach he would be working right now as a coach. Even he has said so himself, he isn't getting much interest.

Just too stubborn, with a gimmicky dated offense, and too much hands on defense with an awful defensive scheme.

If RichRod ever coaches again, it will be at a mid major.
Well The offense look like shit now and Tate look like a less of a threat.

But if you really want to believe that RR handicapp the Defense or Neglect Defense or Just show no interest in Defense. Funny part is? Yates in his staff are not on field playing every down.

Keep hating like you are. I'm as happy as hell that sumlin is screwing up by starting 0-2.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

There has been absolutely nothing to suggest Sumlin will recruit better than RR has. He has an entire staff with Texas and California connections and he's so far landed worse or at par with RR at best so far in regards to talent.
TheBuffet

Post by TheBuffet »

OSUCat wrote:
TheBuffet wrote:Rich Rod is clearly the better coach but recruited like crap. Sumlin will be a much better recruiter, but until he has a couple recruiting classes in I think its going to be painful. We made our bed, hopefully in a few years we'll want to sleep in it...
Eh? How can you determine that? Really, the only thing you can say is that the Offense would probably be running better but defense would not be any better, special teams would likely be worse, and you probably be watching Rhett since Tate was injured in te BYU game. Not sure you can say with more than 50/50 confidence that Arizona would have won either game.

Basically, RR recruits run RR offense better than Mazzones offense. Not surprising.
It's clear because Rich Rod had some pretty good seasons with rosters basically like this one. The guy is a brilliant offensive mind, Nick Saban said as much. That said you can't recruit like crap and neglect the defense, but we're sure are missing his offense right now aren't we? In the end I hope Sumlin can build a better program, being a gimmicky offense is great for a few Ws, but it has its ceiling.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

TheBuffet wrote:
OSUCat wrote:

It's clear because Rich Rod had some pretty good seasons with rosters basically like this one. The guy is a brilliant offensive mind, Nick Saban said as much. That said you can't recruit like crap and neglect the defense, but we're sure are missing his offense right now aren't we? In the end I hope Sumlin can build a better program, being a gimmicky offense is great for a few Ws, but it has its ceiling.
Paul Johnson at GT has been running the same scheme since he been HC. If his offense is that gimmicky and recruit sup par or underrated talent and he at 10th or 11th season at GT. That said alot on what RR has been doing since his Read Option Offense is gimmicky.
TheBuffet

Post by TheBuffet »

Rich Rod is untouchable because of the me too movement. Sumlin's track record of recruiting at A&M speaks for itself, if it doesn't improve, he gone.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

OSUCat wrote:

Special Teams worse????? How? lol we havent done anything. Missed FG's PAT's. Springer hasn't shown shit. At least with RR we had the halftime onside against Toledo.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

btfd16 wrote:
OSUCat wrote:

Special Teams worse????? How? lol we havent done anything. Missed FG's PAT's. Springer hasn't shown shit. At least with RR we had the halftime onside against Toledo.
Yes worse. Not sure if Klumph comes here because RR wouldn’t have cared. Which means more 15-20 yard type of punts. I also think Arizona has a few more missed PATs.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.