PieceOfMeat

Southern Utah Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Official Rules:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5272" target="_blank

Deadline for submissions:
September 9th 2018 11:59pm

How to enter:
In THIS THREAD, you need to post your Analysis.
Your analysis can be a post-game post-mortem of UofA's loss vs BYU.
Your analysis can be a post-game analysis of UofA's @Houston game.
Your analysis can be a pre-game matchup analysis of Southern Utah vs UofA.
Your analysis can be a season-so-far analysis/discussion only of the UofA and its remaining season.
Your analysis can be a mix of the above, or something else entirely (but does need to be UofA Football related obviously)
*If you have posted an analysis in another thread, you can copy and paste it into this one for your official submission, you do not have to write something entirely new.
**You may edit your post at any time you like, up UNTIL the deadline. After the deadline has passed, no more edits!

That's it, it's pretty simple really. A BDW panel of 3 will choose the best submission and the winner gets a pair of tickets to the BYU @ UofA game.
Winner will be chosen Monday September 10th 2018.

Good luck to everyone and remember, don't be afraid to enter a submission, as your perspective will add to the message board and if you're the only one who enters you can even win by default ;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Re: Southern Utah Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by Chicat »

Hey fans, don’t forget about this giveaway.

Even if you already have tix, enter and then donate them to a friend or charity.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The analysis on this game might be as simple as just show up. At least that is the way it should be.

Don't know much about them but I will be interested in how we use the new redshirt rule. I would hope we get to see Doyle and the red rifle along with Joiner.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Post mortem of BYU: We squandered the best thing we have in Tate's running. That led to wild inconsistency, lots of 3 and outs and an offense that looked like "go deep" every snap. The D held ok to begin with, and then got tired after zero rest.

Against Southern Utah, we need to not intentionally beat ourselves with gameplanning. We're better, just mix some designed runs and God willing, read option. We're better than we allowed ourselves to be against BYU.
ArizonaBearDown

Post by ArizonaBearDown »

Hi everyone

I'm new here but I wanted to enter the giveaway even if I'm not the best at expressing my thoughts in written form.

For me this Arizona season was supposed to be ruled by the word Excitement.
Excitement at having a new coach and all which that entails such as offensive system, coaching philosophy, and so on.
Excitement at having a quarterback that is good enough to be mentioned as a Heisman candidate.
Excitement at returning some offensive weapons around that quarterback.
Excitement at not knowing how good our offensive line would be and yet seeing the possibility of watching them grow and gel over the course of a season.
Excitement at having a defense that could improve upon last year and quite possibly get the ball back into the hands of a potentially explosive offense.
Excitement at having special teams which seem to get attention in practice and in recruiting and aren't simply afterthoughts.
Excitement at having improved facilities now and also on the horizon which will help bring better players here.
Excitement at an improved atmosphere at the games with an energized fan base.
Excitement at the certainty of defeating the sun devils.
Excitement at the thought of going to a big bowl game.

Of course after the rough start to the season it is tempting to allow the excitement to change into a familiar disappointment at what could have been.

I think it is important to really thump southern utah as a step forward to regaining the excitement of the fans. It won't bring it all back of course as only wins over power conference schools like usc will do that.

This game may not have the largest attendance compared especially with what it would have been if we were undefeated but I think the Wildcats come through with a cathartic beat down and I hope to see it first hand.

Thanks for doing the giveaway and sorry I couldn't write my thoughts better.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Welcome to the board ABD!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ArizonaBearDown wrote:Hi everyone

I'm new here but I wanted to enter the giveaway even if I'm not the best at expressing my thoughts in written form.

Excitement at having a new coach and all which that entails such as offensive system, coaching philosophy, and so on.
Excitement at having a quarterback that is good enough to be mentioned as a Heisman candidate.
Excitement at not knowing how good our offensive line would be and yet seeing the possibility of watching them grow and gel over the course of a season.
Excitement at having a defense that could improve upon last year and quite possibly get the ball back into the hands of a potentially explosive offense.
Excitement at having special teams which seem to get attention in practice and in recruiting and aren't simply afterthoughts.
Excitement at having improved facilities now and also on the horizon which will help bring better players here.

Of course after the rough start to the season it is tempting to allow the excitement to change into a familiar disappointment at what could have been.

I think it is important to really thump southern utah as a step forward to regaining the excitement of the fans. It won't bring it all back of course as only wins over power conference schools like usc will do that.

This game may not have the largest attendance compared especially with what it would have been if we were undefeated but I think the Wildcats come through with a cathartic beat down and I hope to see it first hand.

Welcome to the board ABD (we do tend to abbreviate nicks here, hopefully you don't mind) and please make sure to respond to the PM i'm sending on where to send your tickets because you've won the giveaway!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That’s awesome! Welcome ABD!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ArizonaBearDown wrote:Hi everyone

Welcome aboard! Enthusiastic fans are always welcome.