PieceOfMeat

California Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Official Rules:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5272" target="_blank

Deadline for submissions:
September 30th 2018 11:59pm

How to enter:
In THIS THREAD (or the discussion thread of a given game), you need to post your Analysis.
Your analysis can be a post-game analysis.
Your analysis can be a pre-game matchup analysis.
Your analysis can be a season-so-far analysis/discussion only of the UofA and its remaining season.
Your analysis can be a mix of the above, or something else entirely (but does need to be UofA Football related obviously) for example: your favorite UofA Uniform combo.
*If you have posted an analysis in another thread, you can copy and paste it into this one for your official submission, you do not have to write something entirely new.
**You may edit your post at any time you like, up UNTIL the deadline. After the deadline has passed, no more edits!

That's it, it's pretty simple really. A BDW panel of 3 will choose the best submission and the winner gets a pair of tickets to the California @ UofA game.
Winner will be chosen Monday October 1st 2018.

Good luck to everyone and remember, don't be afraid to enter a submission, as your perspective will add to the message board and if you're the only one who enters you can even win by default ;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ArizonaBearDown

Re: California Ticket Giveaway Thread

Post by ArizonaBearDown »

I think that following the USC game, the focus should be on Silver Linings.

We lost the game 24-20. Silver lining: we were down 24-0 and ended up making a heck of a comeback to get a chance at winning.

Our kicking game wasn't very good. Silver lining: it wasn't Zendejas concussing Dotsy bad and it should get better because we have a coach who cares about special teams now.

Our QB is still injured and doesn't seem to have that top end speed he had last year. Silver lining: he wasn't injured more in this game and as his ankle gets better his speed should return.

Our QB didn't have the best passing game. Silver lining: his second half was a huge improvement over his first half, and he can use that as momentum going forward.

We lost a home game against a beatable USC team. Silver lining: a beatable California team is coming to town next week.

Our Defense had a fairly bad first half. Silver lining: our defense had a good second half and even forced some turnovers, so they can use that as momentum going forward.

Our offensive coordinator ran our smallest RB up the middle at the goal line against a good USC defensive front. Silver lining: eventually our OC got the hint and ran our bigger RB and we scored a TD, so hopefully he can use the bigger RB going forward in such situations.

We're sitting at 2-3, 1-1 in the pac12. Silver lining: we're still in the hunt for the pac12 south title.

We had less than 50,000 fans show up for the game. Silver lining: on television they looked like more and represented us well, and it shows that after a couple of wins the fans were ready to show up even against a favored USC team and get behind the cats so hopefully fans haven't given up just yet on the Cats!

You can always find a silver lining, or a lesson to be learned, and I have no doubt these Cats will find the lessons, learn them, and work hard towards beating California.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

This post in the usc discussion thread is eligible:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5363&p=350130#p350078" target="_blank
dmjcat wrote:Just got back to my Holiday Inn Express...........I don't feel any smarter

Observations:

1) For what seems like the 100th year in a row our kicking game stinks

2) Have Mazzone/Sumlin ever heard of a Jumbo package for goal line situations??? Given our small RB's they may
want to consider adding it to their playbook..........2 additional OL's instead of our undersized tight ends and
then stick Boles/Johnson in the backfield ahead of the RB

3) Has Mazzone ever run a 5 WR set??? Once you determine you can't run the ball it would be nice to at least
spread out the defense and pull as many defenders downfield as possible.........opening up lanes for Tate to run in

4) We waited way too late to blitz on D

5) We ran way too many vanilla offensive formations.........especially on 3rd down. How many times did we line up with 3rd and
long with a 3 WR set and slowpoke Nunley in the backfield. We place very little pressure on opposing defenses.....see #3

6) We have the most undisciplined football team I have seen in a long long time. How many ineligible receiver penalties are we going
to have this year?? I said it a few weeks ago but we are looking like one of Dennis Ericksons asu teams without the talent

7) Good night....at least I get a free breakfast in the morning. The cinnamon rolls are excellent
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dmjcat has been selected as the winner of the California game tickets.

please respond to the Pm i've sent you as soon as you can. thanks!