I Love This Team!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Catstatic

I Love This Team!

Post by Catstatic »

Every Cat fan is frustrated with the loss last night. However, despite my fears to the contrary, the sun actually came up this morning!

A new attitude has arrived in Arizona football. These guys are fighters similar to our Desert Swarm days. It starts with the coaches and seems to go through the entire team (including our 240 lb. nose tackle ... unheard of!) to the very last guy on the bench. They simply never, ever, under any circumstances give up. From the immense 36 points in the 4th quarter against Cal, to going into Autzen and taking out the #2 ranked team in the nation, to continue to battle up hill all night long last night against USC with a couple chances to win or at least tie the game .... we are witnessing something very special.

No one in the country feels worse about the loss than Skowron today. Keep your head up (or down, whichever is the better way to kick ... I know you're supposed to keep your head down hitting a golf ball), young man! You will make the next one. Our team left tons of points on the field last night but the one thing you can never take away from them is their heart. They simply never quit. Although we're frustrated with the loss, multiply it by 100 and that's how the guys on the team feel. Who knows? Maybe this new attitude we're seeing on the field will transform the attitude in the stands as well? We shall see.

Regardless, I wouldn't trade these guys or this staff for any team out there.

Go Cats!!
jimson

Re: I Love This Team!

Post by jimson »

I love this team too but GODDAMMIT !!!!! A chip shot away from 6 and 0 and shutting the zona haters fukcing mouths!!! MOTHERFOCKING GODDAM SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cat77

Post by cat77 »

Excellent post. It will be very interesting to see how the team responds to their first L of the season. They are still very much in the mix and control their own destiny. I don't think they will crumble. I expect them to bounce back and keep playing hard.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

No one will ever shut the haters up. They'll always find something.

Yeah, I love what we've got going here as well. When's the last time we've seen this kind of fight out of the football program like we have been seeing under RichRod? We've got a young team that's good and they're only going to get better. We've been watching the beginnings of something special even if some don't recognize it.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Catstatic wrote:Every Cat fan is frustrated with the loss last night. However, despite my fears to the contrary, the sun actually came up this morning!

A new attitude has arrived in Arizona football. These guys are fighters similar to our Desert Swarm days. It starts with the coaches and seems to go through the entire team (including our 240 lb. nose tackle ... unheard of!) to the very last guy on the bench. They simply never, ever, under any circumstances give up. From the immense 36 points in the 4th quarter against Cal, to going into Autzen and taking out the #2 ranked team in the nation, to continue to battle up hill all night long last night against USC with a couple chances to win or at least tie the game .... we are witnessing something very special.

No one in the country feels worse about the loss than Skowron today. Keep your head up (or down, whichever is the better way to kick ... I know you're supposed to keep your head down hitting a golf ball), young man! You will make the next one. Our team left tons of points on the field last night but the one thing you can never take away from them is their heart. They simply never quit. Although we're frustrated with the loss, multiply it by 100 and that's how the guys on the team feel. Who knows? Maybe this new attitude we're seeing on the field will transform the attitude in the stands as well? We shall see.

Go Cats!!
Yes the loss hurt but the season is definitely not lost. 5-1 after Oregon and SC? That was probably what we all were hoping for at the beginning of the season. Great post. Scowron will either wither or get stronger from this, let's see what this kid is made of.
wilbur1997

Post by wilbur1997 »

Yup. Great post. I am stoked about the direction of the program & the team. Last night hurt, but I know the next 2 years will be exciting. If the model is lose big, lose small, win small, win big... we're in the "win small" year. And next year is the "win big" phase of the turn-around. Anyone doubt the team's trajectory? Exciting times.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

If anything, this loss demonstrated to the team that yes, they can win against anyone as long as they execute. Nothing's going to be easy but these guys could definitely be 7-1 when they play at home again if they play like they're capable of.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Catstatic wrote:Every Cat fan is frustrated with the loss last night. However, despite my fears to the contrary, the sun actually came up this morning!

Go Cats!!
GREAT POST!! Completely spot on!! I too think Skowron is a gamer and will be just fine.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

jimson wrote:I love this team too but GODDAMMIT !!!!! A chip shot away from 6 and 0 and shutting the zona haters fukcing mouths!!! MOTHERFOCKING GODDAM SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your post says it all! :lol:

Go Cats!!
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Great OP.

Loss was very disappointing, and it was a missed opportunity to build momentum with the fan base and recruits.

However, the trajectory remains up. If you think that this loss is somehow an indication of our lot in life as a program, you're just projecting your own frustration onto a bunch of guys who scarcely have an idea who Larry Smith, Dick Tomey, John Mackovic, or Mike Stoops are.

2 weeks until we pay back the Pirate.
Zona_Soccer10

Post by Zona_Soccer10 »

Very spot on post. It's nice to see the "glass half full" approach. Be honest, before the season any Wildcat fan would be ecstatic with a 5-1 record. These kids show no quit, no matter what the situation. Hard work has definitely brought attention to our program.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I love this team. Yes they got in a big hole early, but they fought back and damn near pulled it off. I can't wait for next year.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

azgreg wrote:I love this team. Yes they got in a big hole early, but they fought back and damn near pulled it off. I can't wait for next year.
Agreed.

A weird Jekyll and Hyde story on defense, and some maddening play from the freshman QB. Disappointing bowl game, but this has been a very entertaining and expectation exceeding team all year long.

Can't want for next year.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Loser of the Pac 12 Champ game is now 0-4 in bowl games
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Catstatic wrote: No one in the country feels worse about the loss than Skowron today
What a recovery for Skowron over the season. Head cases like Alex Zendejas never could recover.

Meanwhile:
2004WildCat

Post by 2004WildCat »

Love it. Proud of the team, a lot of you guys need to show some more love!
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

Love this team.

Great season.

Bondurant and Scooby were inspiring!

Way better trajectory than under Mackobich and Stoopid
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Tevis too.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

And Jones-Grigsby.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy