2018 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Tie Breaker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

10) If there's a tie at the end of the game the tie breaker will be decided by best pics as voted by those playing the game.

The following posters survived and move on:

Carcassdragger - (Houston, NC St, Mississippi St, Syracuse, Cincinnati, W Virginia, Ohio St, S Florida, Notre Dame, Clemson, UCF, Alabama)
87Cat - (Minnesota, Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Ohio St, S Florida, Notre Dame, Clemson, UCF, Alabama))

The following posters have been eliminated:

PieceOfMeat - Pick lost week 1
scumdevils86 - Pick lost week 1
The Butcher - Pick lost week 1
Cal State Tempe - Pick lost week 1
Merkin - Pick lost week 2
azcat49 - Pick lost week 2
Chicat - Pick lost week 4
btfd16 - Failed to post a pic week 4
Daveracity - Pick lost week 4
ASUHATER - Picked a team that didn't play week 5
Lofty - Picked team for the second time week 6
Irish27 - Pick lost week 7
PHXCATS - Pick lost week 7
OSUCat - Failed to post a pic week 7
ProfessorFate - Pick lost week 7
Sid - Pick lost week 8
azgreg - Ran out of picks week 11
KillerKlown - Ran out of picks week 12
wilbur1997 - Ran out of picks week 12
ANGCatFan - Ran out of picks week 12
Macho Grande - Ran out of picks week 12
prh - Ran out of picks week 12
azgreg

Re: 2018 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Tie Breaker

Post by azgreg »

I would like some input from those who played the game this year. My original intent was to use a tie breaker outlined in rule 10 above. However, I don't want to drag all those pics into this thread and I'm not sure I'd get much participation asking posters to dig up the previous 12 threads to make a decision. Therefore, as long as there is a consensus, I'm going to use the tie breaker we've used in the past which will be the Conference Championship Challenge.

Any thoughts?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azgreg wrote:I would like some input from those who played the game this year. My original intent was to use a tie breaker outlined in rule 10 above. However, I don't want to drag all those pics into this thread and I'm not sure I'd get much participation asking posters to dig up the previous 12 threads to make a decision. Therefore, as long as there is a consensus, I'm going to use the tie breaker we've used in the past which will be the Conference Championship Challenge.

Any thoughts?
the conference champ challenge makes more sense as a tie break anyhow, so sounds good to me.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

prh

Post by prh »

Could just use the Alabama thread as tie break? That's kinda what that turned into anyways. Best individual weekly thread for this game ever
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Pick the army/navy game winner with best pics as voted on by the board members. Kind of a hot or not pictorial LOL
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
prh

Post by prh »

azcat49 wrote:Pick the army/navy game winner with best pics as voted on by the board members. Kind of a hot or not pictorial LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: that would be entertaining
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Greg, appreciate your running this.

I spent a hell of a lot of time searching every description I could think of for an Alabama hottie. I'm just humbly saying that I'm really not up to doing it again for another game.

Not sure what the conference championship challenge is, but if it is just picking the winners and assigning points without pics, that would work for me, or just use the best pics for the Alabama game last Saturday.

Thanks and again congrats to 87 for being a great player.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger wrote:Greg, appreciate your running this.

I spent a hell of a lot of time searching every description I could think of for an Alabama hottie. I'm just humbly saying that I'm really not up to doing it again for another game.

Not sure what the conference championship challenge is, but if it is just picking the winners and assigning points without pics, that would work for me, or just use the best pics for the Alabama game last Saturday.

That's what it is. Confidence picks with a total score (of all games) tie breaker.
prh

Post by prh »

Hey carcass you and 87cat deserve a ton of applause. You guys both put in great work this year and last week went to a whole new level. No matter which of you wins the TB, both are worthy champions.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

prh wrote:

Hey carcass you and 87cat deserve a ton of applause. You guys both put in great work this year and last week went to a whole new level. No matter which of you wins the TB, both are worthy champions.

Really nice of you to say that. Thanks brother. Just kinda wishing it counted.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Greg, would you consider posting which conferences count and the dates for these games?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger wrote:Greg, would you consider posting which conferences count and the dates for these games?
I'll post the game sometime this week. It's open to all on the board and will be used for the tie breaker for you two on this game.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Here's the link to the 2015 game to give you a sense of how it works.
87Cat

Post by 87Cat »

I'm with carcassdragger, I'm content to be call a co-winner for 2018. I lost the tiebreaker in 2015, but the difference was there were multiple people who tied that year and it made sense to have a tie-breaker.

If you want to have a separate conference championship contest - that would be fun.

As for the army/navy idea, here's what it could look like:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Congratulations go to Carcassdragger for winning the 2018 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool.

Please add "2018 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool, Champion" to your sig.

Well done!
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Greg,

Thanks very much for running this, it was fun. Also want to thank 87Cats (my unofficial Co-Champion) for a great season ending battle and for just being a good guy through it.

Thanks!
87Cat

Post by 87Cat »

Greg,

I too appreciate your work with the Survivor Pool year in and year out. Another job well done.

Well done to Carcassdragger for a spirited sprint to the end and all the other participants that make this weekly event fun. The pictures always remind me how much I miss the UofA and college life!!!

I assume that Carcassdragger being named the champion means that the Conference Championship picks were the tiebreaker?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

87Cat wrote:Greg,

I too appreciate your work with the Survivor Pool year in and year out. Another job well done.

Well done to Carcassdragger for a spirited sprint to the end and all the other participants that make this weekly event fun. The pictures always remind me how much I miss the UofA and college life!!!

I assume that Carcassdragger being named the champion means that the Conference Championship picks were the tiebreaker?
Yes.