2015 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Gladiator Cat

Re: 2015 recruits/commitment thread

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Its truly amazing the level of talent and athletic football players that the state of Florida has.

Just looking at this kid, he is the 61st best player in Florida and he's still a 4**** athlete. Damn that is a lot of talent to chose from.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Whose the dirty son of a bitch that named him Karan?

Rivals and ESPN have him as a 3 star.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Its truly amazing the level of talent and athletic football players that the state of Florida has.

Just looking at this kid, he is the 61st best player in Florida and he's still a 4**** athlete. Damn that is a lot of talent to chose from.

This is the one thing that worries me about RR to Florida. Lots of players down there and it's easier to recruit to Florida then it is to AZ, especially an in state kid.

Coaches who are good like RR don't worry about the pressure to win because they know they will....if they can get the talent. He would have at Michigan, I am sure he believes that
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Yes 49,

If RR could have his pick of the top Florida talent every year......................................OMG......---------------------------look out!

I'm not sure about RR to Florida in the big scheme of things but he would be in hog heaven for sure recruiting that area for talent
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

RR had his pick of talent at Michigan. The 2008 class had 17 four stars. 2009 had a five star and 13 four stars. The 2010 class had 6 four stars and 20 3 stars. Fat lot of good it did him there.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Yeah, you're probably right. What HC would want a bunch of 4-5 stars from the state of Florida to go to battle with each week. Silly me. ;(
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think if you asked what one thing he worries about at AZ, it would be the ability to attract top talent. He is confident he scheme can produce and it has shown on the field he can win with his OKG but we all know it would be easier if the talent level was even higher.

I have heard him say that AZ needs to change the way it recruits. I didn't get to ask him what he meant by that. Maybe its just ggetting in some kids that couldn't or doing more greyshirts or cutting guys that won't make it up the roster. Just know that I want to keep him for awhile and I hope we give him everything he needs to get it done. Pull the rope in the same direction
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:Whose the dirty son of a bitch that named him Karan?

Rivals and ESPN have him as a 3 star.
Well FUCK it he is 3 star lets stop recruiting him and pull the offer!
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

No love for Shun Brown, another slot WR with CB potential out of Louisiana?
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

He's not a four or five star, so no. ;)

(I keed, I keed!)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

How many 6 star kids do we get?
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Well, if you put a couple of three stars together you get one six star. We're really gonna have some high star talent then!!!
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

azpenguin wrote:He's not a four or five star, so no. ;)

(I keed, I keed!)

:lol:
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:Its truly amazing the level of talent and athletic football players that the state of Florida has.

This is the one thing that worries me about RR to Florida. Lots of players down there and it's easier to recruit to Florida then it is to AZ, especially an in state kid.

Coaches who are good like RR don't worry about the pressure to win because they know they will....if they can get the talent. He would have at Michigan, I am sure he believes that
It is reasonable to worry about RR wanting to go to Florida but I do not think there is any reason to be concerned that they want him until he does something REALLY special in Tucson - like conference championship special. That could still happen this year, but I really don't see it.

That job is very likely to open up this year, and there are other guys whose stock will be higher that they would be well-positioned for. The articles last week were nice props for him and the program - but he is not going to shed the perceived baggage he brought without a dramatic season that keeps him in the spotlight all season long.

For starters, right now it has to be Mullen's job to turn down - short of an absolute train wreck to end the season. Neither one of those things appear likely at this point.

I hope he stays here until he's done coaching. Stay at least 5 and continue his current trajectory and I will wish him well and thank him for his service.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

This is probably old news but its the first time I have seen this. Any chance this changes his status with the VOls or a possible decommitment? What I am getting at is there any way we pull him away from the VOLs?

From 247Sports: 8/30/2014: Kahlil McKenzie ruled ineligible for his senior season by the California Interscholastic Federation following his transfer to Clayton Valley Charter High School from nearby De La Salle High School
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

3goggles wrote:This is probably old news but its the first time I have seen this. Any chance this changes his status with the VOls or a possible decommitment? What I am getting at is there any way we pull him away from the VOLs?

From 247Sports: 8/30/2014: Kahlil McKenzie ruled ineligible for his senior season by the California Interscholastic Federation following his transfer to Clayton Valley Charter High School from nearby De La Salle High School
I have no idea, but when stuff like this happens to kids we get commitments from it usually doesn't change anything.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

3goggles wrote:This is probably old news but its the first time I have seen this. Any chance this changes his status with the VOls or a possible decommitment? What I am getting at is there any way we pull him away from the VOLs?

Very unlikely. Just gotta hope the Vols crash and burn and we have a good season. Maybe he'll start reconsidering.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

If he ends up opening his recruitment, I think it'll be starting over from scratch
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

OK Then
Khaylan Thomas
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Didnt see Arizona not landing him. Crazy
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

MrBug708 wrote:Didnt see Arizona not landing him. Crazy
I'm shocked. Now look forward to Nick Wilson using him as a speed bump
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

There was a reason UCLA and AZ backed off. Lets see if he gets in. We dont have a lot of rides where we can take a chance
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azcat49 wrote:There was a reason UCLA and AZ backed off. Lets see if he gets in. We dont have a lot of rides where we can take a chance
Lets see if he gets in?????? to as freaking U???????????? Buwuhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please, a rutabaga could qualify at "Scholla Balla" U. Would anyone like to lay odds??? I'll take the side saying he qualifies.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

azcat49 wrote:There was a reason UCLA and AZ backed off. Lets see if he gets in. We dont have a lot of rides where we can take a chance

When exactly did UA back off? Seems like UA was still very much on this kid until the end.
Last edited by Scummy Dick Douglas on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

There's a reason we backed off. He named us the favorite like a month ago then he commits to asu yesterday. It's smells fishy
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

MrBug708 wrote:If he ends up opening his recruitment, I think it'll be starting over from scratch
Why do you say that? Wishful thinking? I think he'd give Arizona a long hard look if he did end up opening it back up
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

catinfl wrote:There's a reason we backed off. He named us the favorite like a month ago then he commits to asu yesterday. It's smells fishy
Know what else is fishy? Waiting until the kid (who has been named repeatedly as one of our remaining priorities) commits to our hated rival for anyone to comment that "we backed off him".

As for eligibility concerns, we seem to have had no problems taking commitments in the last 2 classes from kids who had academic qualification concerns. I don't see why we would suddenly change our tune.

We lost a recruit. It happens - the sky is not falling. But playing the "we stopped recruiting him" card - after the fact - is weak sauce.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Quick check of the 2015 recruiting rankings as of 10/22/15:

Rating Service / AssU rank / UA rank

247 / #23 / #32
stars / 4star(4) - 3star(11) / 4star(1) - 3star(22)

Scout / #24 / #34
/ 4star(4) - 3star(11) / 4star(1) - 3star(15)

Rivals / #26 / #21
/4start(3) - 3star(11) / 4star(1) - 3 star(16)

I typically don't track the recruiting very closely but I hate to lose to AssU in anything. It seems like to current administration is winning on the recruiting trail and in the most important column (head to head). How these kids can listen to TG for more that 30 seconds is beyond me. He sounds like he is doing a bad George W. Bush impression...I digress. Anyway, I guess I will drink the OKG kool-aid for a little longer as long as our overall record keep improving. I do get the feeling that we are going to hit a ceiling pretty soon here, especially with USC getting all of their schollies back and building up the depth. It is not exciting to fight for 2nd place in the Pac12 South every year but the trip to the Holiday bowl in San Diego is better some of the alternatives. I sure would like to win a Rose Bowl before I die. :roll:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ASSU is tearing it up. They have 11 kids ranked at there respective positions. They have 5 of those in the top 20. They only have one 2 star and they are in on a bunch of high 3 and 4 stars. We better get it going quick
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

catinfl wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:If he ends up opening his recruitment, I think it'll be starting over from scratch
Why do you say that? Wishful thinking? I think he'd give Arizona a long hard look if he did end up opening it back up
Im sure Arizona would still be involved, I'm sorry if my post didn't seem like Arizona would be there, but KM would probably open it up to everyone, even schools that didnt make his last list.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

UALoco wrote:Quick check of the 2015 recruiting rankings as of 10/22/15:

247 / #23 / #32

Scout / #24 / #34

Rivals / #26 / #21

I typically don't track the recruiting very closely but I hate to lose to AssU in anything. It seems like to current administration is winning on the recruiting trail and in the most important column (head to head). How these kids can listen to TG for more that 30 seconds is beyond me. He sounds like he is doing a bad George W. Bush impression...I digress. Anyway, I guess I will drink the OKG kool-aid for a little longer as long as our overall record keep improving. I do get the feeling that we are going to hit a ceiling pretty soon here, especially with USC getting all of their schollies back and building up the depth. It is not exciting to fight for 2nd place in the Pac12 South every year but the trip to the Holiday bowl in San Diego is better some of the alternatives. I sure would like to win a Rose Bowl before I die. :roll:

Loco,

You might want to limit the star talk in our neck of the woods and keep that info to yourself.

Depending on the mood of the board at any given time, it could result in loud and heated rebuttals and maybe even a few pitchforks waved around for good measure.

Wildcat Country don't need no stars, stars are for the Kitt Peak National Observatory professionals to deal with...........its all about the system baby. ;)
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
catinfl wrote:There's a reason we backed off. He named us the favorite like a month ago then he commits to asu yesterday. It's smells fishy
Know what else is fishy? Waiting until the kid (who has been named repeatedly as one of our remaining priorities) commits to our hated rival for anyone to comment that "we backed off him".

As for eligibility concerns, we seem to have had no problems taking commitments in the last 2 classes from kids who had academic qualification concerns. I don't see why we would suddenly change our tune.

We lost a recruit. It happens - the sky is not falling. But playing the "we stopped recruiting him" card - after the fact - is weak sauce.
Harvey, I agree with your weak sauce comment.

I think the reality is KT decided he wanted to play football at ASSU more than we wanted to play football at the UofA for whatever reason. All the rest is just noise.

Them's the breaks, **** happens.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gladiator Cat wrote:I think the reality is KT decided he wanted to play football at ASSU more than we wanted to play football at the UofA for whatever reason. All the rest is just noise.

Looking at his number and his position it appears he's a Vontaze Burfict fan. 7 was his number at ASSu right?
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Who really knows greg, all I know is he doesn't want to be a Wildcat so me personally I really don't give a **** about him anymore.

And what the hell is the hold-up with Tezeno. Is he just stringing us along as well? At this point how the hell do you not know where you want to play your college ball at.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

azgreg wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:I think the reality is KT decided he wanted to play football at ASSU more than we wanted to play football at the UofA for whatever reason. All the rest is just noise.

Looking at his number and his position it appears he's a Vontaze Burfict fan. 7 was his number at ASSu right?
Thomas mentioned Burfict as a reason but mainly because of his ability to make it to NFL. Thomas also mentioned he looked at ASSU's Latu brothers who are LB's and how their development is going. Latu brothers played in same HS league as Thomas
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

RE,

Like I said, he wanted to play football as ASSU more than the UofA. Some guys like Tempe better than Tucson, that’s just the way it is. Obviously he liked ASSU's coaches development vision better than he liked our coaches development vision for him.

Kinda disturbing that he thinks he'll develop better at ASSU. I think other high profile players may have those same concerns as it relates to the 3-3-5. Just a guess on my part though.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

247 / #23 / #32

Scout / #24 / #34

Rivals / #26 / #21

LOL, Gladiator Cat is right, better drop the reality talk about how our recruiting is going or the "OKG" police led by Reydituto will show up and publicly castrate you. There are a number of folks on this board that have difficulty dealing with reality.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

MrBug708 wrote:
catinfl wrote:
Im sure Arizona would still be involved, I'm sorry if my post didn't seem like Arizona would be there, but KM would probably open it up to everyone, even schools that didnt make his last list.
This is probably not going to happen, but it's nice to think so.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Harvey, I agree with your weak sauce comment.

I think the reality is KT decided he wanted to play football at ASSU more than we wanted to play football at the UofA for whatever reason. All the rest is just noise.

What I think happened is the Arizona staff realized that he may or may not get in and backed off a little bit and asu turned it up and made up ground and he committed. UCLA hasn't been recruiting him in awhile for what it seems like academics. (Bug would know)
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

KT hasnt been a target for UCLA in a while. I'm guessing it's academics as UCLA went from the favorite last winter to not recruiting him at all and he plays a position of need.

ASU always does well in the IE however
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

dmjcat wrote:

247 / #23 / #32

Scout / #24 / #34

Rivals / #26 / #21

LOL, Gladiator Cat is right, better drop the reality talk about how our recruiting is going or the "OKG" police led by Reydituto will show up and publicly castrate you. There are a number of folks on this board that have difficulty dealing with reality.
Well, no one said that stars are everything. Coaching, scheme, chemistry, and heart does make make a difference. Over the long haul, though, it helps to have bigger, faster, and more skiilled athletes. No one can argue the importance of depth. That is what these rating systems are meant to characterize. They are not perfect but they offer quantification of some of the characteristics you are looking for. Anyway, I was hoping a good start would get more of out outstanding targets to commit. I continue to take a wait and see approach. I have faith...but it is not limitless.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

nm
Last edited by catinfl on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Also pin this thread if at all possible.
Kiyama

Post by Kiyama »

catinfl wrote:Also pin this thread if at all possible.
Yes!! And I hope it starts getting more traction... been quiet.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Any visit this past weekend? Or the week before? Anyone?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Devon Modester visited, but he's a 2016 guy. I'd keep my eye on Sheriron Jones.. Muschamp is out and if he decides to look at his options I'm sure we'd be one of them.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Darick Holmes is gonna be a beast.. Tearing up California. Best thing about bringing Darick to Tucson is it gives us a really good shot at Darnay Holmes his brother who will be an elite WR/DB in his class.

http://247sports.com/Player/Darnay-Holmes-55091
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

It looks like, according to 247Sports that Tezino is leaning towards Wazzu. Can that really be the case?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

TuiTouchdown wrote:It looks like, according to 247Sports that Tezino is leaning towards Wazzu. Can that really be the case?

Wait, what? I thought Pullman was like the porn industry - you don't choose it, you just end up in it.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion