THE THE UCLA Bruins Discussion & Predictions Thread Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

Re: THE THE UCLA Bruins Discussion & Predictions Thread Thre

Post by PieceOfMeat »

gumby wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:I have this nagging suspicion that I'll have to bump my "Every. Damn. Time." thread after the UCLA game.
Only one way to blow up this mindset....

it didn't get blown up.

sigh
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
gumby wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:I have this nagging suspicion that I'll have to bump my "Every. Damn. Time." thread after the UCLA game.
Only one way to blow up this mindset....

it didn't get blown up.

sigh

Well, you got to bump it, so you've got that going for you.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dc4azcats wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:I really hate to rain on the "Bruins are trembling in fear as they face our mighty Wildcats" parade that suggests "UCLA is SO desperate that they are pulling out ALL the gimmicky stops they can to re-create that 2012 magic". I mean, it reads for such good smack on a fan message board and all. :roll:

But I suspect the "LA Steel uniforms" and sellout has almost everything to do with this being UCLA's homecoming and very little to do with who they are facing.

2012 had NOTHING to do with prior years because you had 2 new head coaches with entirely new staffs and schemes. So the last 2 years would have more bearing on this game than any prior years, because you at least have those common threads.

That said, I think we have a better team that has stayed focused and risen to the occasion each week, even though we have not always played perfectly. I expect us to win this game, unless we beat ourselves like we did against USC with turnovers and red zone failures.

The opponent that scares me is one with the size and strength to control the LOS, and judging from Hundley's sack totals - I do not think UCLA is that team. The ONLY game I expect us to lose is at Utah... but we'll worry about that next week.

Cats 41-31
So the previous 5 years where we had kicked the crap out of ucla had nothing to do with that game? Interesting.

For the record I was trying to have a little fun with Bug. He didn't get it and got all butt hurt about it. No biggie. I still think the coach who painted is face is a douche bag and I hope we put a 70 on the Bruins tonight.
Well you got the first digit right but there was no zero to follow it. Mora may be a douche bag (and he is) but Arizona is his biatch until further notice. For all the horse$hit you post about how prior history does not matter because "we never had this staff. We never had this scheme. We never had these players"... It is comical to read your post above about prior history.

I am sure your smack is all in fun... but It makes me feel like I am reading Cactus Raunch.

We gained 255 yards. Maybe gimmicks work... I'd be all for trying one.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Harvey Specter wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:I really hate to rain on the "Bruins are trembling in fear as they face our mighty Wildcats" parade that suggests "UCLA is SO desperate that they are pulling out ALL the gimmicky stops they can to re-create that 2012 magic". I mean, it reads for such good smack on a fan message board and all. :roll:

But I suspect the "LA Steel uniforms" and sellout has almost everything to do with this being UCLA's homecoming and very little to do with who they are facing.

2012 had NOTHING to do with prior years because you had 2 new head coaches with entirely new staffs and schemes. So the last 2 years would have more bearing on this game than any prior years, because you at least have those common threads.

That said, I think we have a better team that has stayed focused and risen to the occasion each week, even though we have not always played perfectly. I expect us to win this game, unless we beat ourselves like we did against USC with turnovers and red zone failures.

The opponent that scares me is one with the size and strength to control the LOS, and judging from Hundley's sack totals - I do not think UCLA is that team. The ONLY game I expect us to lose is at Utah... but we'll worry about that next week.

Cats 41-31
So the previous 5 years where we had kicked the crap out of ucla had nothing to do with that game? Interesting.

For the record I was trying to have a little fun with Bug. He didn't get it and got all butt hurt about it. No biggie. I still think the coach who painted is face is a douche bag and I hope we put a 70 on the Bruins tonight.
Well you got the first digit right but there was no zero to follow it. Mora may be a douche bag (and he is) but Arizona is his biatch until further notice. For all the horse$hit you post about how prior history does not matter because "we never had this staff. We never had this scheme. We never had these players"... It is comical to read your post above about prior history.

I am sure your smack is all in fun... but It makes me feel like I am reading Cactus Raunch.

We gained 255 yards. Maybe gimmicks work... I'd be all for trying one.
I don't give 2 shits about whether you like my posts or not. Doesn't bother me at all and if it bothers you then put me on ignore.

Ucla has had our number the last 3 years and especially at the Rose Bowl witnessed by our ability to not be able to move the ball in either game. Maybe you can explain how we've been able to beat Oregon 2 straight including in Autzen TY? So the same coaching staff that can't beat Ucla has beaten Oregon 2 straight years. How many times in the past 10 years has that happened? Exactly.