THE Washington Huskies Discussion & Predictions Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RazorsEdgeAZ

THE Washington Huskies Discussion & Predictions Thread

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Been wanting to post this all season. Nick Wilson tweeting Wash. CB Naijiel Hale after he thought Hale was talking bad about Arizona after Hale (cough) de-committed from UA.

Time has come.
BMalo

Re: THE Washington Huskies Discussion & Predictions Thread

Post by BMalo »

We open as -9 point fans
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Is that chump even playing?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

We beat the huskies cause this game is at home and doesn't mean anything except our overall record.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

azcat49 wrote:Is that chump even playing?
Hale started last game due to Marcus Peters dismissal from pgm. Hale been getting PT this season.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

UW starts three freshman DB's
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

PieceOfMeat wrote:We beat the huskies cause this game is at home and doesn't mean anything except our overall record.
Not true POM! still playing for the pac-12 south title.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

azcat49 wrote:Is that chump even playing?

Realistically, Hale would have been a good addition to our DB unit. He made the decision to not follow the coaches request and that was that. His fate was sealed. But he will be a good DB for UW in the years ahead.

As for the Huskies, I wouldn't sleep on this team. I think we are better overall, but better doesn't always win.

We are banged up as hell right now and a key player here and there can be the difference.

UW in a nut shell, big strong above average PAC12 caliber defense, helter skelter erratic offense of unknowns on any given day.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

3goggles wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:We beat the huskies cause this game is at home and doesn't mean anything except our overall record.
We're not even in control of our own destiny, so no, we're not.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

POM,

We're not completely finished for the title but we're close. I'd give us about a 0.5% chance to make it.

Even if we went undefeated the rest of the way the chances of USC and UCLA cooperating and losing to clearly weaker opponents are slim at best. Possible but not likely. If we had beaten one of the LA schools we would be good, but we didn't, so we are where we are.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

UW is a big game, just silly to think otherwise. Face it...the Cats are not as strong as we thought after the Oregon win. We've seem to be challenged to string 4 strong quarters together, only did that against Oregon and WSU. Utah and ASU will be tough so we need every win we can get. It will be great to go into the assu game with only the 2 losses and put some pressure on them.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Sure we could use Hale and many other kind of players. I hope Wilson gets him in his cross hairs and runs him over. Going to have to watch that match up.

He better also watch out for an Austin Hill straight arm. We are going to roll the huskies.

And we better play hard because USC still has UCLA and the Bruins still have Furd.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

UALoco wrote:UW is a big game, just silly to think otherwise. Face it...the Cats are not as strong as we thought after the Oregon win. We've seem to be challenged to string 4 strong quarters together, only did that against Oregon and WSU. Utah and ASU will be tough so we need every win we can get. It will be great to go into the assu game with only the 2 losses and put some pressure on them.

Loco,

When ASSU arrives in Tucson for the big game they will be 10-1 and riding high, they will be playing with house money. They have a freaking cake walk in their next two games. They will destroy OSU and WSU.

If we can get through the next two weeks of hard hitting games without anymore injuries and no losses, we should have good odd's for the big showdown.
Last edited by Gladiator Cat on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

azcat49 wrote:Sure we could use Hale and many other kind of players. I hope Wilson gets him in his cross hairs and runs him over. Going to have to watch that match up.

He better also watch out for an Austin Hill straight arm. We are going to roll the huskies.

And we better play hard because USC still has UCLA and the Bruins still have Furd.
Stanford is not beating either one of USC or UCLA. You can forget about that. Thats part of our problem along with ASSU not losing.

And please temper the we are going to roll UW. The UofA isn't rolling any of the teams we have left on our schedule.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
UALoco wrote:UW is a big game, just silly to think otherwise. Face it...the Cats are not as strong as we thought after the Oregon win. We've seem to be challenged to string 4 strong quarters together, only did that against Oregon and WSU. Utah and ASU will be tough so we need every win we can get. It will be great to go into the assu game with only the 2 losses and put some pressure on them.

Loco,

When ASSU arrives in Tucson for the big game they will be 10-1 and riding high, they will be playing with house money. They have a freaking cake walk in their next two games. They will destroy OSU and WSU.

If we can get through the next two weeks of hade hitting games without anymore injuries and no losses, we should have good odd's for the big showdown.
Wouldn't be surprised if Wazzu gives Assu a game. It's the ultimate trap game and Assu is looking ahead to Arizona and Wazzu has absolutely nothing to lose.

When you throw the ball like they do they have a punchers chance in every game and more so when the other team isn't at it's best like Arizona was LY vs Wazzu. The QB gets rid of the ball in a hurry and I think they can neutralize assu's blitz. Case in point - Wazzu's back-up QB threw for 471 yesterday completing 44 of 61 passes. Call me crazy but I also think it helps Wazzu that the game is in Tempe in what will probably be ideal conditions for a football game.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not so fast my knowledgeable friend. Cats are 9 point favorites and UDUB is not exactly an offensive juggernaut. They have an inexperienced defensive backfield we can exploit. I won't be surprised if it ends 38-21. We will cover the 9 so that is rolling to me. Maybe not boat racing but rolling :)
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Sure we could use Hale and many other kind of players. I hope Wilson gets him in his cross hairs and runs him over. Going to have to watch that match up.

Stanford is not beating either one of USC or UCLA. You can forget about that. Thats part of our problem along with ASSU not losing.

And please temper the we are going to roll UW. The UofA isn't rolling any of the teams we have left on our schedule.
Not sure why you say that as nobody had us rolling Wazzu and we did. Nobody had us beating Oregon and we did. Or is it that you have the pulse of the team where others don't?

Stanford already played USC but I'm curious if you realize that Stanford plays Ucla as it's last game of the season. Meaning SC will have played Ucla and Stanford v Cal the previous week before they meet up for the last game of the season. Stanford has beaten ucla 6 straight fwiw.

The other point I would make that I think is a big one for Stanford is they're coming off a bye this week with Utah coming to town. I'm just spitballing at this point but what do you think the chances are that Stanford has worked on it's offense the last 2 weeks? Ya, me neither. They probably spent the entire 2 weeks working on their D.

For those of you scoring at home keep in mind that Wazzu has a bye week going into the Assu game while Assu is playing at ntOSU next week. Not that it will help a back-up QB who just had his first start or anything but you never know.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

dc4azcats wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:

Loco,

If we can get through the next two weeks of hade hitting games without anymore injuries and no losses, we should have good odd's for the big showdown.
Wouldn't be surprised if Wazzu gives Assu a game. It's the ultimate trap game and Assu is looking ahead to Arizona and Wazzu has absolutely nothing to lose.

When you throw the ball like they do they have a punchers chance in every game and more so when the other team isn't at it's best like Arizona was LY vs Wazzu. The QB gets rid of the ball in a hurry and I think they can neutralize assu's blitz. Case in point - Wazzu's back-up QB threw for 471 yesterday completing 44 of 61 passes. Call me crazy but I also think it helps Wazzu that the game is in Tempe in what will probably be ideal conditions for a football game.
DC, I agree, college football can be crazy at times and the impossible does happen, but not this time.

I also agree that WSU could and may put up a good fight for a few qrt's, but in the end ASSU will pull away and win by 2+ TD's. They won't be challenged much by either OSU or the Pirate.

In a counter intuitive way I think the stakes are so high for the Suntards that they buck the odds and stay dialed in.

As a matter of fact I'd wager that ASSU will be extra ready with no letdowns precisely because they are going to be playing in potentially one of the biggest games of their schools history the following week in Tucson.

The stakes are too high for a letdown.

Win in Tucson: Another PAC12 South title. (2nd)
Win the PAC12 Championship game: PAC12 Champions
Dream opportunity to play in the National Playoffs

ASSU's perfect silk road to the 2014 South title runs through Tucson.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

azcat49 wrote:Not so fast my knowledgeable friend. Cats are 9 point favorites and UDUB is not exactly an offensive juggernaut. They have an inexperienced defensive backfield we can exploit. I won't be surprised if it ends 38-21. We will cover the 9 so that is rolling to me. Maybe not boat racing but rolling :)
I love it 49. I Hope you are correct.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

An inexperienced secondary, but we have a Qb who routinely overthrows balls and makes bad throws. As usual like every game this season, need the run game (Wilson) to open up the passing game and make it easier for Solomon.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:

Loco,

DC, I agree, college football can be crazy at times and the impossible does happen, but not this time.

I also agree that WSU could and may put up a good fight for a few qrt's, but in the end ASSU will pull away and win by 2+ TD's. They won't be challenged much by either OSU or the Pirate.

In a counter intuitive way I think the stakes are so high for the Suntards that they buck the odds and stay dialed in.

As a matter of fact I'd wager that ASSU will be extra ready with no letdowns precisely because they are going to be playing in potentially one of the biggest games of their schools history the following week in Tucson.

What is best in life?

Crush the sundevils. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their cheerleaders. - future Scooby Wright III
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

dc4azcats wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:

Not sure why you say that as nobody had us rolling Wazzu and we did. Nobody had us beating Oregon and we did. Or is it that you have the pulse of the team where others don't?

Stanford already played USC but I'm curious if you realize that Stanford plays Ucla as it's last game of the season. Meaning SC will have played Ucla and Stanford v Cal the previous week before they meet up for the last game of the season. Stanford has beaten ucla 6 straight fwiw.

The other point I would make that I think is a big one for Stanford is they're coming off a bye this week with Utah coming to town. I'm just spitballing at this point but what do you think the chances are that Stanford has worked on it's offense the last 2 weeks? Ya, me neither. They probably spent the entire 2 weeks working on their D.

For those of you scoring at home keep in mind that Wazzu has a bye week going into the Assu game while Assu is playing at ntOSU next week. Not that it will help a back-up QB who just had his first start or anything but you never know.

Good caugh on the USC/Stanford game. What was I thinking. Anyway I don't expect USC to lose to Cal.

The bye week for stanford is important but they just arn't very good. Its a wash in my book.

My theory has been and still is that we (the Cats) won't get the help we need from other teams in the end. Thats what happens when you don't take care of business when you need to.

We're close but a miracle will have to happen for us to grab the title from ASSU.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

More important than UWs troubles moving the ball is that they rely on turnovers. They're +10 on the season and they force a lot of fumbles. Arizona, on the other hand, doesn't turn the ball over a lot. UW has a solid front seven so we'll need to see much better execution from the line and Solomon. But take care of the football and the Cats are in good shape.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:

Loco,

You're not taking into account that you're talking about kids and as much as you think they will be dialed in they don't stay dialed in for every game. The most dangerous team that Assu can face is a team that slings it all over the place with absolutely nothing to lose. Golson threw for 446 against Assu yesterday - just saying.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:

Good caugh on the USC/Stanford game. What was I thinking. Anyway I don't expect USC to lose to Cal.

The bye week for stanford is important but they just arn't very good. Its a wash in my book.

My theory has been and still is that we (the Cats) won't get the help we need from other teams in the end. Thats what happens when you don't take care of business when you need to.

We're close but a miracle will have to happen for us to grab the title from ASSU.
Wrong on Stanford. While they may not be as effective on offense as they have in years past, their D allows them to be in almost every game. What has killed Stanford TY is Shaw's ego. He said after the Stanford game that they would make some adjustments and my guess is they do just that.

Stanford and it's D will keep it in any game and Hundley could be in for a tough time as the Stanford front 7 can get to the QB.

How defeated do you think Utah will be going into the Arizona game if they lose to Stanford this week and will have gone from being 6-1 and ranked to 6-4 and fighting to stop the bleeding?
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

azpenguin wrote:More important than UWs troubles moving the ball is that they rely on turnovers. They're +10 on the season and they force a lot of fumbles. Arizona, on the other hand, doesn't turn the ball over a lot. UW has a solid front seven so we'll need to see much better execution from the line and Solomon. But take care of the football and the Cats are in good shape.
azpenguin, good stuff on UW. We should be OK, it just won't be as easy as many think.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

dc4azcats wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:

Wrong on Stanford. While they may not be as effective on offense as they have in years past, their D allows them to be in almost every game. What has killed Stanford TY is Shaw's ego. He said after the Stanford game that they would make some adjustments and my guess is they do just that.

Stanford and it's D will keep it in any game and Hundley could be in for a tough time as the Stanford front 7 can get to the QB.

How defeated do you think Utah will be going into the Arizona game if they lose to Stanford this week and will have gone from being 6-1 and ranked to 6-4 and fighting to stop the bleeding?

That is a fantastic storyline but still misses the point. Even if we were to win-out up to the ASSU game, we still have to hope for divine intervention, move the sun and the moon while mixed in with a shitload of lucky stars possibilities that are high risk as a fall back option.

The USC and UCLA game will check one of the boxes for us automatically and provide another loss to one of our South competitors that are ahead of us.

After that, provided we're winning our games (big if) is a situation of cascading miracles that must happen.

For the situation to arise that would miraculously parlay the PAC12 South Championship game into a showdown between the winner of the UofA and ASSU are odds even Vegas likely wouldn't take.

ASSU's path is set, ours will require interdiction from a higher power. Simply put, the chances of both USC and UCLA shiting the bed down the stretch and leaving a gaping hole for Arizona to walk through to play for the South title are shall we say..............................................odds that aren’t in our favor in my humble opinion.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Agree gladiator cat this team isn't rolling anyone. The Cats my beat washington but they wont roll them.
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Yes sir illcat,

I think its best to keep the "roll" word and those like it on the back burner if you know what I mean.

But I understand 49's point. If we beat UW by 10-14 points I'll be very happy.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:That is a fantastic storyline but still misses the point. Even if we were to win-out up to the ASSU game, we still have to hope for divine intervention, move the sun and the moon while mixed in with a shitload of lucky stars possibilities that are high risk as a fall back option.

The USC and UCLA game will check one of the boxes for us automatically and provide another loss to one of our South competitors that are ahead of us.

After that, provided we're winning our games (big if) is a situation of cascading miracles that must happen.

For the situation to arise that would miraculously parlay the PAC12 South Championship game into a showdown between the winner of the UofA and ASSU are odds even Vegas likely wouldn't take.

ASSU's path is set, ours will require interdiction from a higher power. Simply put, the chances of both USC and UCLA shiting the bed down the stretch and leaving a gaping hole for Arizona to walk through to play for the South title are shall we say..............................................odds that aren’t in our favor in my humble opinion.
I never said we would be playing for the championship. Arizona needs to worry about what it can control and let the other stuff play out. My point was, things never go as everybody seems to think. I did say that I think Stanford can play well enough to beat Utah and Ucla and I believe that to be true. Is ucla good enough to beat SC? Of course they are. Last games of the season are always crazy depending what teams are playing for if anything.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

A win against the Huskies ensures having a conference winning record. Progress I look forward to. Hell, it would be only the 3rd winning conference record for us fans in the last 16 years. I want it!

Then build on that for final two games. ESPECIALLY the Territorial Cup. Would be great to have that momentum and confidence heading into that game. Let alone the buildup and the chance to just spoil and spoil BIG (assumption)

Either way, I see that ASSU game as a pivot point. If not just for State recruiting.

But yeah, winning conf. record 1st.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

RondaeShimmy wrote:An inexperienced secondary, but we have a Qb who routinely overthrows balls and makes bad throws. As usual like every game this season, need the run game (Wilson) to open up the passing game and make it easier for Solomon.
Hey now, our QB may be inaccurate but we make up for it with receivers that can't catch :D
illcat

Post by illcat »

Good For You wrote:
RondaeShimmy wrote:An inexperienced secondary, but we have a Qb who routinely overthrows balls and makes bad throws. As usual like every game this season, need the run game (Wilson) to open up the passing game and make it easier for Solomon.
Hey now, our QB may be inaccurate but we make up for it with receivers that can't catch :D
Come on now they make catches............sometimes :roll:
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Only 3 times in 16 years, that is pathetic. Need this win bad to show as has been said, progress.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

I'm on the 'we roll Washington' bandwagon.

Offensively I think we got a little fat and happy after WSU, shit the bed against ucla, got Richrod more pissed than he's ever been since he came here, went through a week of hell of practice, came out tight against Colorado, and then started getting the mojo back at the end of the game.

Defensively I just think we are playing good and it's been pretty consistent since the Cal game.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yea I think we are going to play well Saturday and put up points against a pretty decent defense
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:A win against the Huskies ensures having a conference winning record. Progress I look forward to. Hell, it would be only the 3rd winning conference record for us fans in the last 16 years. I want it!
Wow, didn't realize that. Pathetic...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Nick Wilson has got his mojo back right at in the "Nick" of time. If he's healthy I think we are sitting at 8-1 or 9-0 which is just crazy to think about. UDub has kind of worried me all year because they have that tough front 7 that seems to give us fits. I would give just about anything to have gotten some of the DL/LB recruits they have gotten the past few years.

Win this game and anything can happen in the past 2 games.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

We will not roll UW or anyone else left on our schedule. Injuries are piling up, especially in our secondary. We will win by a fieldgoal but it will be close and we will likely have to come from behind because we will spot them a TD or two out of the gate. I'm not even going to talk about the Utah matchup that scares the beejezus out of me.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Uw has been good on the road this year, better than at home actually. 3-1 on the road.

But we've shellacked them their last 3 trips to Tucson by like 30+
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

UALoco wrote:We will not roll UW or anyone else left on our schedule. Injuries are piling up, especially in our secondary. We will win by a fieldgoal but it will be close and we will likely have to come from behind because we will spot them a TD or two out of the gate. I'm not even going to talk about the Utah matchup that scares the beejezus out of me.
If there's one team on the schedule that we're not likely to spot a TD out of the gate to, it's UW. Don't turn the ball over and I like the Cats chances. What I do think the Cats need to do is run some sweeps early. Get the UW front seven spread out, make them defend sideline to sideline, and then let the WRs take over.
gumby

Post by gumby »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
3goggles wrote:
We're not even in control of our own destiny, so no, we're not.
But Glenn Parker said we're in the driver's seat. Let's pretend this isn't a big game, so we can win it.

No excuses on this one. Best linebacker moved to RB. Best DB kicked off the team. QB situation is the worst in the league. This must be our biggest spread against them ever.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:A win against the Huskies ensures having a conference winning record. Progress I look forward to. Hell, it would be only the 3rd winning conference record for us fans in the last 16 years. I want it!
Same. Yikes.

There was a time (around Desert Swarm) that we had the fourth best Pac record since joining the conference, topped only by USC, UW, UCLA.
Right where I want to be.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

I predicted UW to compete for the North prior to the season's start, but the offense has been a massive dissapointment. That said, if UW's offense can string together a few long drives and allow their defense to rest, they can still be very dangerous. They will keep it close for 3 qtrs, but UA pulls away in the fourth. 35-24 UA.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

gumby wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Same. Yikes.

There was a time (around Desert Swarm) that we had the fourth best Pac record since joining the conference, topped only by USC, UW, UCLA.
In our first 21 seasons I think (1978-1998) we were #4.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Peterson says Shaq Thompson will start at LB this week.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:There was a time (around Desert Swarm) that we had the fourth best Pac record since joining the conference, topped only by USC, UW, UCLA.
5 of 7 winning conference records under Larry Smith and 7 of 14 under Dick Tomey. We won't talk about the next 2 guys.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Peterson says Shaq Thompson will start at LB this week.
Start, yes, but doesn't mean he won't get snaps at RB as well. See: Jack, Myles.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »