Stab At A Two-Deep

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Stab At A Two-Deep

Post by UAEebs86 »

:lol:
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:18 pm
azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:55 am Just seems to me that when two staffs, including the staff that recruits you, can’t put you as the starter or back up, that this tells you that you might be wrong in your assessment
You mean the staff that went 0-12 and the current staff that hasn’t won a game yet? Seems strange to go off of that.
It seems strange to go off the evaluation of the people that were just hired to evaluate all the players and put a winning program on the field?

Really? That seems strange?

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:22 pm
BeardownZonaZona wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:54 pm Chief said on Twitter he's really good at evaluating quarterbacks and has recruited good quarterbacks. Has he ever coached football? Just an honest question. His knowledge is shaky at best and often times anything he says is the complete opposite of the truth. He also is saying donors have reached out to him personally to ask about why Doyle isn't getting a chance. I'm sure they have dude
I don’t personally know chief but I did see him speaking with Bryan Hand, Tim Kish, and Brandon Sanders at practice. If he is an idiot he is pulling off the greatest sham the world has ever seen.
Dude, c'mon.... :roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:25 pm
azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:55 am Just seems to me that when two staffs, including the staff that recruits you, can’t put you as the starter or back up, that this tells you that you might be wrong in your assessment
You mean the staff that went 0-12 and the current staff that hasn’t won a game yet? Seems strange to go off of that.
It seems strange to go off the evaluation of the people that were just hired to evaluate all the players and put a winning program on the field?

Yes. The staff that went 0-12 and lost 70-7 to ASU. They failed in their evaluations. Unless, you call that success.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

The current staff hasn’t seen the QB’s live throwing footballs until the first practice. So you give Doyle a few reps and he does well and then you shelve him? Seems weird, right?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:26 pm
Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:25 pm

Yes. The staff that went 0-12 and lost 70-7 to ASU. They failed in their evaluations. Unless, you call that success.
C'mon Chief. You saw what I bolded and that I said the people that were JUST hired. AKA - Fisch and his staff. You really think it's strange to go by their evaluation since that is exactly their job description?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:31 pm The current staff hasn’t seen the QB’s live throwing footballs until the first practice. So you give Doyle a few reps and he does well and then you shelve him? Seems weird, right?
What's weird is dipping into a thread where everyone is calling you out and pretending to be someone else but holding the exact same weirdo opinion about secret agendas.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Chicat- I can’t answer for chief but posted this to you.

The current staff hasn’t seen the QB’s live throwing footballs until the first practice. So you give Doyle a few reps and he does well and then you shelve him? Seems weird, right?
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:32 pm
Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:31 pm The current staff hasn’t seen the QB’s live throwing footballs until the first practice. So you give Doyle a few reps and he does well and then you shelve him? Seems weird, right?
What's weird is dipping into a thread where everyone is calling you out and pretending to be someone else but holding the exact same weirdo opinion about secret agendas.
It’s stranger that you think I am chief. There are media guys saying Robbins is the AD. Chief was saying that onTwitter 2 years ago and everyone said he was crazy. Now it’s the truth. Me saying that the staff hasn’t properly evaluated is not revolutionary. It’s the common stance for many who are attending the practices. You should show up sometime. It might give you a better perspective.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I'll take "Socks" for $1000 Alex (RIP)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:34 pm Chicat- I can’t answer for chief but posted this to you.

I mean the whole world is out to get the kid obviously :roll:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Maybe Doyle should just hire Chief, declare for the draft and take his shot. Obviously Chief knows talent and has multiple jobs in the NFL and college and that has given him his keen eye
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

It’s not like we are shelving some Heisman QB. Let the friggin staff do their job and see where things pan out. That’s what they get paid for.

It’s only spring ball for Christ’s sake so before making any judgements on player rotation can we at least wait until we see a few snaps first?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:38 pm
It’s stranger that you think I am chief. There are media guys saying Robbins is the AD. Chief was saying that onTwitter 2 years ago and everyone said he was crazy. Now it’s the truth. Me saying that the staff hasn’t properly evaluated is not revolutionary. It’s the common stance for many who are attending the practices. You should show up sometime. It might give you a better perspective.
Hmmmm... why would I think you're Chief? Well, when I search by IP address only two accounts come up under yours...

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:44 pm
Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:34 pm Chicat- I can’t answer for chief but posted this to you.

I don’t know about that. I do know he was hurt right before spring practice and might not be 100%. He did well first practice and Fisch said so to the media after the first practice. Then he gets 4 reps second practice and throws a TD. Practice 3 he is in the indoor facility taking reps at RB. Is that strange? I would say so.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:01 pm
Hmmmm... why would I think you're Chief? Well, when I search by IP address only two accounts come up under yours...

A couple of years ago you showed the same thing. Chief and I are two different people.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

On a serious note. How many of you have seen all of the quarterbacks on the roster throw live?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:05 pm

I don’t know about that. I do know he was hurt right before spring practice and might not be 100%. He did well first practice and Fisch said so to the media after the first practice. Then he gets 4 reps second practice and throws a TD. Practice 3 he is in the indoor facility taking reps at RB. Is that strange? I would say so.
Lets be logical, multiple staffs who are paid to win on the field are actively sabotaging the team by not giving the best QB on the team a fair shake? That seems logical to you? And that same player continues to stay here trying to be a QB when he is getting the shaft? Thats logical?

You talk a lot about "the pundits" and their "narratives" they are pushing (which let's be honest, that is the job of people running a fan site. To get people excited to boost subscriptions), but it seems like you continue to stick by the same narrative that has been debunked by multiple staffs now, for no reason other than to act the know it all you truly believe you are. Maybe Doyle has some arm talent, but there is clearly something that he has shown multiple staffs that has not worked in his favor. There is a lot more to being a QB then how far you can throw, or you would be all over Khalil Tate.

I am wondering though, who in your opinion is a good college QB because you talk non stop about how awful 99.9% of QBs are and that getting a Aaron Rodgers is easy if coaches just take your advice.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:01 pm

Best part about it is that the new account was created just about when the old account was last active. Seems pretty suspicious to me. Guy should just say he's chief. We all know it. Pretty obvious. And just clicking on your account Chief it shows you pretty much only post about football, which is funny because chief doesn't care about other sports other than football really
I said what I said and I mean it.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

gronk4heisman wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:25 pm
Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Lets be logical, multiple staffs who are paid to win on the field are actively sabotaging the team by not giving the best QB on the team a fair shake? That seems logical to you? And that same player continues to stay here trying to be a QB when he is getting the shaft? Thats logical?

You talk a lot about "the pundits" and their "narratives" they are pushing (which let's be honest, that is the job of people running a fan site. To get people excited to boost subscriptions), but it seems like you continue to stick by the same narrative that has been debunked by multiple staffs now, for no reason other than to act the know it all you truly believe you are. Maybe Doyle has some arm talent, but there is clearly something that he has shown multiple staffs that has not worked in his favor. There is a lot more to being a QB then how far you can throw, or you would be all over Khalil Tate.

I am wondering though, who in your opinion is a good college QB because you talk non stop about how awful 99.9% of QBs are and that getting a Aaron Rodgers is easy if coaches just take your advice.
Gronk, you should ask chief that on Twitter. You use the word sabotage but no one I have seen has claimed that. I said that Fisch is carrying out a plan.

I have seen all the QBs throw live and Doyle has the best arm both in accuracy, velocity, and release. He has good footwork and is the most athletic QB on the roster.

Plummer is terrible and has thrown 7 interceptions in 3 practices. He is still getting the second most reps behind Cruz. Moore is below average. Cannot move the sticks. Fietz and Ashworth aren’t worth mentioning. Only Cruz and Doyle have moved the sticks on a consistent basis.

So, ask chief about the narrative and it being debunked but from what I see at practice, Doyle is one of the better QBs and the worst right now is Plummer yet Fisch is still sticking to that narrative. Will be very interesting.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:47 pm Doyle is one of the better QBs and the worst right now is Plummer yet Fisch is still sticking to that narrative.
Why, what benefit is there to not giving Doyle a shot? Or does Fisch just not know talent like you do?
BeardownZonaZona

gronk4heisman wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:58 pm
Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:47 pm Doyle is one of the better QBs and the worst right now is Plummer yet Fisch is still sticking to that narrative.
Why, what benefit is there to not giving Doyle a shot? Or does Fisch just not know talent like you do?
That's what I've always said. If there truly is a conceived effort to screw Doyle and not give him the chance, then why has two different regimes done this? And why doesn't he just transfer and ball out? If he's that good he should transfer and be a starter and show us how good he is
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

You guys are aware of promises made in college football, right? Gunnell was promised to start because of his Dad's relationship with Robbins. Multiple media reports confirmed this. So, Tate was friends with Robbins and was guaranteed to start from day one until Gunnell would take over. Now it looks like Cruz has been promised the start. It just works out that way sometimes. If you've seen all of the QBs throw live, we aren't having this conversation.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm trying to wrap my head around risking my multi-million dollar per year job that I just started on a promise made to someone who will make me look like I don't know what I'm doing, but you keep spitting that shit Chief. I'm sure someone somewhere believes it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oh my don’t go there Chief. Cruz parents live right by me up here in Gilbert and while I guess they would never say their son was promised anything, I am glad to ask them. Sometimes you just need to shut the pie hole you know.

They said he was given a shot to compete in a job that was wide open

I got a guy down at practice who doesn’t have a dog in the fight and I will ask him his thoughts and report back
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:23 pm I'm trying to wrap my head around risking my multi-million dollar per year job that I just started on a promise made to someone who will make me look like I don't know what I'm doing, but you keep spitting that shit Chief. I'm sure someone somewhere believes it.
It's not just chief spitting that. It happens in a lot of programs. Robbins is the AD. Sumlin listened to everything Robbins said. Gunnell was promised to start. That didn't just come from chief. Scheer also said that. Well, they all gambled and lost as we all saw that Gunnell wasn't as good as most thought. Tate was terrible. Now it looks like Cruz is barely average. We will see how long that Fisch sticks to his plan. It's been a long time since this program has had a good QB.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So they will ruin morale like Sumlin did with promises. Basically sabotage your shot and make sure you never coach again.....riiight
BeardownZonaZona

I'm just sitting here reading all this laughing. Again. Why doesn't your boy Doyle just transfer? He'll be a starter somewhere else and be a stud right?
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

azcat49 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:35 pm So they will ruin morale like Sumlin did with promises. Basically sabotage your shot and make sure you never coach again.....riiight
I don’t know what they’ll do. All I look at is what I have seen and who is getting the reps and what they are doing with those reps. Cruz is getting at least 75% of the reps followed by Plummer at about 22%. The rest are between the other 4 but Doyle hasn’t thrown since the first practice and is now working with the RBs.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Twitter is a wonderful resource to get in the minds of some of the nation’s top HS football talent. One thing you always see is “compete” or “no shortcuts, earn it” or some form of these two examples from these 4/5 stars.

These kids now a days know what’s up, you better ball out whenever the opportunity is presented. No excuses, show the world what you can do. Hard to believe JD and BC would sit back not saying a word to Fisch if Doyle was far superior to all the other QB’s?

Not happening.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Seems to me if you were making promises you would promise the kid coming in from Florida who has some experience which you know you would need.

Has Doyle ever played RB and did he switch numbers because no one I have read (Lev) has reported that
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:40 pm Doyle hasn’t thrown since the first practice and is now working with the RBs.
To make sure that he doesn't look better then Cruz. Makes perfect sense. I am sure we promised a third stringer at WSU a starting spot if he came here when we have a returning starter (due to injury) and an incoming starter from another program. That makes perfect sense. When things make no logical sense at all, they make perfect sense!

Gunnell is a completely different situation, he on paper was way different animal. Those are the type of QB's you make promises to. And you said yourself he was better then Plummer, so we promised our best option the chance to start? Also, the I am not Chief thing is a little disturbing. I hope you are getting the help you need.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Doyle had a pretty nice offer list. I would like to see him in game situations.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Fisch has his plan and he is going to do whatever it is that he feels that he needs to. It’s his team and his career. The last staff screwed the pooch badly. So much so that Sumlin and Mazzone are jobless. 0-12 after promising Gunnell to start and then an 70-7 embarrassment with Gunnell looking like dogshit. I recall the only naysayer of Gunnell’s was chief. So now we will see what Fisch does. He must really like Cruz and Plummer because they are getting the lion’s share of the reps. We will see how it all shapes up. The Spring game should be real fun on the 24th.
Sid

Post by Sid »

azcat49 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:46 pm Seems to me if you were making promises you would promise the kid coming in from Florida who has done experience which you know you would need.

Has Doyle ever played RB and did he switch numbers because no one I have read (Lev) has reported that
Oh, you mean the kid that threw for 404 yards and four touchdowns against UCF?

Chief has been eerily quiet on McCloud. I guess it’s because given the fact he won’t be here until June he has no shot of lighting it up day one when he gets his chance at showing the coaches what he can or cannot do....

I wouldn’t count him out, kid has skills!
BeardownZonaZona

Sid wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:52 pm
azcat49 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:46 pm Seems to me if you were making promises you would promise the kid coming in from Florida who has done experience which you know you would need.

Chief has been eerily quiet on McCloud. I guess it’s because given the fact he won’t be here until June he has no shot of lighting it up day one when he gets his chance at showing the coaches what he can or cannot do....

You're not wrong man. He has the most experience and he does have talent. Just going to matter if someone else has more of it. Would've been awesome to have him around at spring practices so we could see him too but we'll have to wait. I have a feeling this is just a feeling out period right now. Ya never know. Cruz might get no snaps and Doyle gets them all this week, who knows. I think the real quarterback competition will be this summer once the USF kid comes in.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gronk4heisman wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:51 pm
Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:40 pm Doyle hasn’t thrown since the first practice and is now working with the RBs.
To make sure that he doesn't look better then Cruz. Makes perfect sense. I am sure we promised a third stringer at WSU a starting spot if he came here when we have a returning starter (due to injury) and an incoming starter from another program. That makes perfect sense. When things make no logical sense at all, they make perfect sense!
Shenanigans!!!!!

Sid

Post by Sid »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:31 pm
Sid wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:52 pm

You're not wrong man. He has the most experience and he does have talent. Just going to matter if someone else has more of it. Would've been awesome to have him around at spring practices so we could see him too but we'll have to wait. I have a feeling this is just a feeling out period right now. Ya never know. Cruz might get no snaps and Doyle gets them all this week, who knows. I think the real quarterback competition will be this summer once the USF kid comes in.
I think you nailed it brother. We’re in a wait & see period and I wouldn’t be shocked if this kid turns out to be the real deal. Obviously, it would be a good thing if he comes in lighting shit up...the kind of stuff that gives us all something to MF’n believe in...
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Last edited by Carcassdragger on Sat May 01, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I've only attended one practice, but Cruz appeared to clearly be the top QB out there. Lots of presence, strongest arm, consistent, accurate, and at a sturdy 6-5, still able and willing to take off and run. Not saying he's the second coming, just that he looked the best of the guys out there. The kid from Florida obviously transferred here for a reason. He'll have to overcome not being here in the spring while learning a new system. If our o-line struggles, he may be an option for an RPO QB until we can get the line issues squared away.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Dipshit here isn't wrong that politics are involved in regards to who is chosen as the starting QB some times. Every one who saw Nick Foles and Matt Scott knew Foles was the better QB at the time, but politics (not promises) prevented the staff from making the obvious call and starting Foles. Obviously in the end self-preservation by Stoops & Co. eventually led to Foles becoming the starter. Now is it happening here with Doyle? LOLOLOL no. There's a walk on ahead of him at the moment FFS. Now could politics lead to Cruz getting the job over Plummer? Maybe, but the wildcard in this is certainly McCloud. Will be real interesting once fall practice starts. I honestly don't see what politics would lead to Cruz being over Plummer though. It's not as if Cruz's family is overly influential in the Arizona recruiting scene. This isn't an Arizona and Parker Jackson-Cartwright situation at all.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:58 am This isn't an Arizona and Parker Jackson-Cartwright situation at all.
UDUG! Shepherd of the Court!

SEVUN!
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Tatanka wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:15 pm Fisch has his plan and he is going to do whatever it is that he feels that he needs to. It’s his team and his career. The last staff screwed the pooch badly. So much so that Sumlin and Mazzone are jobless. 0-12 after promising Gunnell to start and then an 70-7 embarrassment with Gunnell looking like dogshit. I recall the only naysayer of Gunnell’s was chief. So now we will see what Fisch does. He must really like Cruz and Plummer because they are getting the lion’s share of the reps. We will see how it all shapes up. The Spring game should be real fun on the 24th.
Nailed it. I think Cruz is the choice no matter what. He is a dead duck back there with a bad OL but seems like that is what Fisch wants.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Tatanka wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:24 pm
He is a dead duck back there with a bad OL but seems like that is what Fisch wants.
Not Chierf? Just the same IP address and identical word choice? Seems likely.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

This site that was posted on FB has Gunner Cruz as the QB, but also has him as the worst starting QB in the PAC.

https://stayaliveinpower5.com/2021/05/2 ... qurWmxExv0
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

F that. This team will surprise and it starts in vegas. Who’s there and going
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:30 pm Dude is fast, esp for someone 6'2".
Lol. Kid slid into my daughters dm’s and she’s not even on campus yet?

Oh boy…..