Is Graham a better coach than Rich Rod?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Is Graham a better coach than Rich Rod?

Post by Harvey Specter »

Did anyone see Yogi Roth's interviews with Graham and Rodriguez on P12N? I thought Rich Rod came off great... Very sincere, balanced, & fun - but tough and competitive guy.

Graham came off like a phony tool who is a failure in the rest of his life so he defines himself by nothing but football. " We preach faith, football, & family... But truthfully, my wife would probably say it's "Football, football, football, football... Football... A little bit of faith... And then not much time for family. I probably treat my own players better than I do my own kids a lot of the time".

So he admits his own declared "values" are nothing but a line... And is entirely defined by what he does for his job? I hope he's satisfied with that when he is on his deathbed.

It's probably why he's successful, but I find it rather pathetic.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Harvey Specter wrote:Did anyone see Yogi Roth's interviews with Graham and Rodriguez on P12N? I thought Rich Rod came off great... Very sincere, balanced, & fun - but tough and competitive guy.

Graham came off like a phony tool who is a failure in the rest of his life so he defines himself by nothing but football. " We preach faith, football, & family... But truthfully, my wife would probably say it's "Football, football, football, football... Football... A little bit of faith... And then not much time for family. I probably treat my own players better than I do my own kids a lot of the time".

So he admits his own declared "values" are nothing but a line... And is entirely defined by what he does for his job? I hope he's satisfied with that when he is on his deathbed.

Shocker...
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:Did anyone see Yogi Roth's interviews with Graham and Rodriguez on P12N? I thought Rich Rod came off great... Very sincere, balanced, & fun - but tough and competitive guy.

Shocker...
When your actions are completely incongruent with your words (or professed values), then you are a phony, or hypocrite. "Faith, Family, & Football" makes for a nice little sound bite - and that is all it is. He is a living, walking, talking cliche - and a very easy guy to hate.

I've given him his due props for the excellent job he has done at ASU. It shocks me, but the guy has thus far delivered (by a nice margin) the best results from the heralded P12 coaching class of '12. His success on the field does not change the fact he is a douchebag - albeit a winning one.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Harvey Specter wrote:

So he admits his own declared "values" are nothing but a line... And is entirely defined by what he does for his job? I hope he's satisfied with that when he is on his deathbed.It's probably why he's successful, but I find it rather pathetic.
Shocker...
When your actions are completely incongruent with your words (or professed values), then you are a phony, or hypocrite. "Faith, Family, & Football" makes for a nice little sound bite - and that is all it is. He is a living, walking, talking cliche - and a very easy guy to hate.

I've given him his due props for the excellent job he has done at ASU. It shocks me, but the guy has thus far delivered (by a nice margin) the best results from the heralded P12 coaching class of '12. His success on the field does not change the fact he is a douchebag - albeit a winning one.
Any guy who has his acceptance speech (All 2 or 3 pages of it) laminated tells you all you need to know about the guy. Wish I had taken a pic of Crowe looking down as CTG was reading his acceptance speech and having that WTF look on his face. Then Lisa Love with the I'm so freaking fired look on her face. Classic.

Found a YouTube link to it and it's 44 min long but what's great is the comments section Especially the guy who says this: Huh... Everything Graham Said sounded so Familiar... -Looks back a year to Pitts Presser- OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvxTAfUr0xg
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

asudevil81 wrote:And i can't wait until we get to play that vaunted offense of yours that got pad it's stats against three cupcake non conference games and hasn't played the 1st, 2nd or 4th best scoring defenses in the Pac-12.

And with those "shitty" offenses, why couldn't the following teams, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and USC hold the teams we played to less points? For some reason you fail to answer that question every time it is asked. All you comeback to say is that they have a "shitty" offense. Okay, fantastic I have never implied otherwise.

On November 28th we're going to find out if Anu can handle pressure coming at him from all angles. If he can, then you guys have a great shot at winning. If he can't than it might be a long night for you guys. So far in two attempts Todd Graham has held your quarterbacks to some of their worst outings of their year. I think there is a good chance that it will happen for a third year.
If a statue like Mannion can handle it then I'm guessing Anu can. The vaunted Assu D gives up 498 yards and much like what Ucla and SC did, it was balanced with 251 from the air and 247 on the ground. Let's see, when Assu plays a team that can run and pass they give up big chunks of yards and when the other team is one dimensional the Assu D much like any D would - it shines.

Still think Wazzu gives Assu all it can handle next week.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

dc4azcats wrote:
asudevil81 wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
cats101 wrote:None of that matters if they don't score more, they still have to stop Asu. Said the they about ND and it didn't matter because Asu put 51 on the board.
And 28 of the 51 were off turnovers. Yes, part of the game. Yes, I said that ND would throw the ball and Assu wouldn't have an answer. Yes, I said that Wazzu would give Assu a game and I still think that Assu will have trouble covering Arizona's WR's.

Just to refresh, this was about everybody getting on Assu's jock because they shut down the 3 worse passing teams in the conference and bottom 20 in the country. They didn't shut down ND's passing game and they won't shut down Wazzu's and or Arizona. Other than that you were spot on.
No, everyone's on ASU's "jock" because we have held 5 consecutive teams under their point per game average for the season. This is a defense that lost 9 of 11 starters, 10 out of their top 12 tacklers and had their top two JC defensive not qualify. We held Stanford, Washington and Utah to their lowest point output of the year. If you can't see the improvement from this defensive from the first four games to the last five than you really don't know much about football.

You talk about Everett Golson throwing for 446 yards as if he was lighting up our defense. What you don't take into account is the 64 yards he lost when we sacked him which isn't reflected in those passing yards, or the fumble he lost, or the 4 interceptions he threw. His average adjusted QBR this year is 74.3. His second lowest game total is 59. Against ASU his adjusted QBR was 27.1. When their offense was on the field and our defense was out there, they only outscored us by 17 points. If we do that the rest of the season, we win the Pac-12.

You keep on talking about WSU and their passing attack. Connor Holiday had 489 yards passing against UA. According to your logic he lit you guys up. You guys dominated that game. I don't care if their quarterback throws for 500 yards against us. If they aren't putting points on the board it doesn't matter. But honestly, after seeing our defense the last couple of weeks you're confident in a quarterback starting his second game, on the road with a defense attacking him from everywhere? Did you happen to catch the first two games Leach had against Graham while at WSU? I will remind you, we have won by an average of 36.5 points. I would love to hear your prediction on this game since you seem so confident in WSU.

These aren't pick and chose which stat helps your argument these are stats that reflect what is actually transpiring. ASU's defensive is improving, Taylor Kelly is getting healthy and our special team isn't making the blunders they were earlier in the year and last year. We are a good team and we are improving and getting more confident. The Wildcats are going to have their hands full the day after Thanksgivng.
Sacks go to rushing yards not passing yards as an FYI. And I did take into account the turnovers which turned into 28 points for Assu. And you might want to rethink this: "When their offense was on the field and our defense was out there, they only outscored us by 17 points. If we do that the rest of the season, we win the Pac-12." Maybe I'm missing something but if the other teams offense outscores your D by 17 points and doesn't turn the ball over and give the other team 28 points you will lose the rest of your games.

As for the pick and choose stats? Stay with me on this as you and scummy seem to have some difficulty in understanding this. Assu played Stanford (#10), UW (#12) and Utah (#11) who rank bottom 3 in the conference when it comes to pass offense and total offense and that includes Utah's game vs Oregon this past Saturday. Nationally they rank in the bottom 21 of 128 teams in total offense. Sorry if I wasn't sold on Assu's D like everybody else.

If Wazzu and Arizona don't turn the ball over then I think both will have success moving the ball through the air. Whether that turns into a W or not, time will tell.
I have no problem with that line of reasoning, and have even echoed it myself. Actually let me rephrase that: I have no problem with that line of reasoning as long as you were not one of those that declared that line of reasoning prior to the ND game with the caveat that the ND game would expose the reality of ASU's defense. If you were of that mindset, then I think ASU answered pretty clearly that their defense is pretty damned good. I stand by what I have said previously; though not a shut down defense, I think ASU's defense has matured to one of the best 3 or 4 defenses in the Pac. Right now, I would place them as third to only USC (1) and Stanford (2).
So scummy? You still have the Assu D as the 3rd best after the Beavs lit them up? The vaunted Assu D gave up a 66 yard rush, a 78 yard rush and a 67 yard pass play in the game. Wow!!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Score DC 1 Scummy Dick 0. Well done my friend. ASSU looked bad in the run game against am offense that can't or at least hasn't run it effectively
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Good lord, I missed this thread but is pretty incredible.

If you didn't have names on these two profiles, how many of you are taking A?

A) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Graham

B) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Rodriguez

It's not even close and RichRod basically started from scratch at Arizona.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Here comes a great opportunity for RR to get a victory against ASsU.

Biggest AZ game in a while. Rivalry. Get this shit done RR!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

RR better win this game.