There is a reason why UA got one player on All Pac-12

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RockyRaccoon

There is a reason why UA got one player on All Pac-12

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Say what you want about the play calling but that is Rich Rod. He sticks with his game plan for better or worse.

The roster still SUUUUUUUUUCKS. The O-line is lol and the receivers are so slow it is embarrassing.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
RockyRaccoon

Re: There is a reason why UA got one player on All Pac-12

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Rich Rod needs A LOT more TJ Johnsons before he can win a championship at Arizona. I know that is ironic considering he fumbled the kickoff but the truth is, this has got to be one of the slowest spread teams in the country.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

This team ran on fumes all season ... and luck. UTSA, Cal, and Washington could easily have been added to the "L" column for a 7-6 season. Why? No horses. Why are the Cats 10-3? Luck, and superior coaching.
RR and staff are the bomb, but they don't yet have the horses to win big consistently. Is Anu "going to be special" as some claim? Who knows, but he was a very pedestrian QB this season. Will the "diamond in the ruff" recruits pan out as they mature? Stay tuned. One All Pac-12 player sounds about right. In political circles "it's the economy, stupid" once gained infamy. In football? "It's the horses, stupid", and one isn't going to cut it.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Yes, luck and heady coaching (recognizing opportunities and exploiting them) is why UA was able to have the season we did. From this point on UA needs better athletes, plain and simple.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

We're going to be even more tired next year. Open the season with 12 straight games with no bye weeks.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

ASUHATER! wrote:We're going to be even more tired next year. Open the season with 12 straight games with no bye weeks.
Sounds like we're gonna need to be at least 2 deep across a lot more positions for that schedule.