2014 Bowl Projections

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Gilbertcat

Re: 2014 Bowl Projections

Post by Gilbertcat »

Fantastic day!. I forgot Friday. I just remember beating Assu and Gonzaga yesterday.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Not a surprise, but what an honor to be in a top bowl game. RichRod is the man.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

I will take it. And the future looks even brighter. It's amazing what RichRod has done in such a short time. And as long as we treat him right I believe he will stay.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beyond expectations. Congrats to the Cats.
Right where I want to be.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

ASUHATER! wrote:Absolutely. Fiesta bowl is no longer an option. Probably got dropped to the Alamo or even the holiday.
ASUHATER! wrote:After last night we will drop to at least #14-18 in the polls. The fiesta bowl is no longer an option. End of story
ASUHATER! wrote:What a whiner.Please explain to me how we stay in the top 10 after last night.
Nice work there champ.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Eeyore is more upbeat.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azcat34 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Absolutely. Fiesta bowl is no longer an option. Probably got dropped to the Alamo or even the holiday.
ASUHATER! wrote:After last night we will drop to at least #14-18 in the polls. The fiesta bowl is no longer an option. End of story
ASUHATER! wrote:What a whiner.Please explain to me how we stay in the top 10 after last night.
Nice work there champ.
Yawn. I had a very good point. No idea what the committee smoked to keep us top 10 but I'll take it since I'll already be in Phoenix that night.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:
Was there. Great day.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Rich Rod 4 President
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Nice work there champ.
Yawn. I had a very good point. No idea what the committee smoked to keep us top 10 but I'll take it since I'll already be in Phoenix that night.
Sorry for your loss.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASUHATER! wrote: Yawn. I had a very good point. No idea what the committee smoked to keep us top 10 but I'll take it since I'll already be in Phoenix that night.
No you didn't. You had no idea how the CFP committee was going to work. You just assumed the worst like you always do,
and told others they didn't know what they were talking about when they told you we could stay in the top 10.

Still think TCU can't drop from #3 with a win?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
michcat

Post by michcat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Nice work there champ.
Body of work for the whole season.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Yawn. I had a very good point. No idea what the committee smoked to keep us top 10 but I'll take it since I'll already be in Phoenix that night.
I love this post so much.

ASUHATER! - 1
CFB Championship Committee - 0

The national outrage at the crazy decision the committee made to place AZ in the top 10 will be incredible.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Nice work there champ.
Your points made no sense when you looking how the committee has worked throughout the whole season. You were told as much by numerous posters.

Who behind us should be ranked ahead of Arizona?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Sweet the Fiesta Bowl. Glad we have a committee who knows what they're doing instead of the old dumb system.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:Can't be. ASUHATER said no way.
Just the usual 'hater attempt at a reverse jinx.

But since it worked we can all thank him.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Nice work there champ.
You'll take it! When was the last time we have a been of this caliber? The fiesta bowl against the "U"? You'll take it!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:What drop tcu from 3 to 5, keep Baylor at 6 and jump osu from 5 to 4?
I think a 4 team playoff of Bama vs FSU and Oregon vs Ohio St. would be pretty decent
Well the matchups aren't what I thought, but I still think that's an interesting 4 team playoff.

I'm glad the committee gave the finger to the big10(12) with their bull shit co-champ routine. Fuck that noise.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:What drop tcu from 3 to 5, keep Baylor at 6 and jump osu from 5 to 4?
I think a 4 team playoff of Bama vs FSU and Oregon vs Ohio St. would be pretty decent
Well the matchups aren't what I thought, but I still think that's an interesting 4 team playoff.

I'm glad the committee gave the finger to the big10(12) with their bull shit co-champ routine. Fuck that noise.
I honestly think the way they openly politicked for the spot backfired. The Baylor PR firm, the co-champion bullshit, etc. just pissed the committee off and led them to set a precedent and say that you can beg all you want but it won't work.

By the way, love that ESPN's top conference gets shut out. Fuck their stupid power rankings.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Nice work there champ.
The next time you have a good point, will be the first time you have a good point.

Why would Arizona be penalized for playing in a conf championship game? Why would you penalize a team that won it's division and 5 teams from that division are currently ranked in the top 25? The 6 teams that are ranked behind Arizona all lost their last game so how far was Arizona supposed to drop? Not to mention that Long mentioned that teams were judged by their body of work which is another reason why Arizona is where it is. They weren't judged by one game like you were so quick to do.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Chicat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

I honestly think the way they openly politicked for the spot backfired. The Baylor PR firm, the co-champion bullshit, etc. just pissed the committee off and led them to set a precedent and say that you can beg all you want but it won't work.

By the way, love that ESPN's top conference gets shut out. Fuck their stupid power rankings.
Agree.

Not only that but the committee consistently ranked Arizona higher than the polls which goes back to the fact that they had a ton of respect for Arizona's wins and the fact that we played 6 ranked teams and went 3-3 in those games. Say what you want about our OOC (I see you Wilner) but it's what we did vs top 25 teams that carried the day. As it should.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote: By the way, love that ESPN's top conference gets shut out. Fuck their stupid power rankings.
I hadn't even realized that, that's doubly good!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I don't get why Miss State, Michigan State, and Ole miss get to pass teams that were ahead of them and played in a coference championship and loss. Those teams get a bonus for not winning the conference? I do like that TCU and Baylor was left out!

I think Arizona should still be 7th since no one behind them won or played in the championship game.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

azcat34 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Nice work there champ.
Your points made no sense when you looking how the committee has worked throughout the whole season. You were told as much by numerous posters.

UCLA.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Really? You have Arizona behind a team it beat for the South Division title?

Would love to hear your reasoning.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Nice work there champ.

UCLA.
So you would reward ucla for not beating Stanford and controlling it's own destiny and penalize Arizona who beat Assu to EARN the right to play Oregon in the championship game? Ucla lost it's chance to move ahead of Arizona when it couldn't beat an unranked Stanford at home. Nice try.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
azcat34 wrote:Who behind us should be ranked ahead of Arizona?
UCLA.
What you're saying is that Arizona's blowout loss to Oregon was worse than UCLA's blowout loss (I can buy that, although UCLA lost at home which makes it a push in my opinion), Arizona's win at Oregon is nullified by their loss at UCLA (I don't buy that for a second), that UCLA's 9 wins are better than Arizona's 10 (not buying that one either despite AZ's non-conference schedule because 7 wins in conference is better than 6), and that Arizona should penalized for making the championship game (which is complete and utter bullshit especially since UCLA had every opportunity to be there but shit all over themselves at home against a mediocre Stanford team).

Needless to say, I disagree.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Can they both lose?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

AZCatGirl wrote: Can they both lose?

LOL... I LOVE IT! GO Duke FB!

Thats great!
michcat

Post by michcat »

Hello El Paso!!!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Haha enjoy losers
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

The local radio shows had been blasting that bowl here in Phoenix. I bet not many go to the paso.
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

They don't even care over on DD. they are in full meltdown over our ranking and our bowl game.

Total fat and ugly chick jealousy, and I LOVE IT! GO DUKE-I can't believe I typed that!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

A Duke vs ASU football game is almost as awesome as a Duke vs Arizona basketball game.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Alieberman wrote:A Duke vs ASU football game is almost as awesome as a Duke vs Arizona basketball game.
Not so much my friend!!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Alieberman wrote:A Duke vs ASU football game is almost as awesome as a Duke vs Arizona basketball game.
lol..yes it is!