Rich Rod's 2013 recruiting class

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

Rich Rod's 2013 recruiting class

Post by Irish27 »

I went back and found a 10-page thread on Rich Rod's 2013 recruiting class from TOS and not one mention of Scooby Wright. It just shows that most of us do not know as much as we think.

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.ph ... recruiting
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Re: Rich Rod's 2013 recruiting class

Post by UAEebs86 »

Second post by uacats - classic.

Wonder how he's feeling these days?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

I found this post from HeHateMe
"Really excited for!- Bryan Harper, TUNA BENNETT, Dylan Cozens, Kyle Kelley, Dakota Conwell, Yamen Sanders and Leo Thomas

Excited for- Beau Boyster, JT Washington, Zach Hemmila, Wayne Capers Jr, Javelle Allen, Josh Kern and Williams Parks.

Allah, Bundage, Bush-Loo, Georges, Griffey, Gross, Ippolito, Lopez, Melvin and Petrullo are all nice players that will need time to develop."

Idk if it is just me, but the guys he is really excited for don't seem to be making an impact, or I just don't pay close enough attention.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AZarchery wrote:I found this post from HeHateMe
"Really excited for!- Bryan Harper, TUNA BENNETT, Dylan Cozens, Kyle Kelley, Dakota Conwell, Yamen Sanders and Leo Thomas

Excited for- Beau Boyster, JT Washington, Zach Hemmila, Wayne Capers Jr, Javelle Allen, Josh Kern and Williams Parks.

Allah, Bundage, Bush-Loo, Georges, Griffey, Gross, Ippolito, Lopez, Melvin and Petrullo are all nice players that will need time to develop."

Idk if it is just me, but the guys he is really excited for don't seem to be making an impact, or I just don't pay close enough attention.
Harper left after a year - family issues. Cozens never showed up - baseball. Leo Thomas quit the first week. Conwell - concussions.
Kelley left after two years. Bennett transferred to FCS SE Louisiana after a year.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-JB
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Smartest post in the thread from cdspencer:
RR recruiting? Let's review some recent history. He left WVU loaded with talent (guaranteed 9 to 10 wins a year) unfortunately they hired "grandpa" Bill Stewart as his replacement. How did Brady Hoke do last year with RR recruits?
Dumbest post? All of uacats posts.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

Does anyone know what happened to Bennett?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AZarchery wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Bennett?
Read my edited post.
-JB
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

ANGCatFan wrote:Smartest post in the thread from cdspencer:
RR recruiting? Let's review some recent history. He left WVU loaded with talent (guaranteed 9 to 10 wins a year) unfortunately they hired "grandpa" Bill Stewart as his replacement. How did Brady Hoke do last year with RR recruits?
The dumbest of all-time by uacats was Kadeem is only "Tucson good" and he didn't want him. He wanted some other running whose name I can't remember.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote:Smartest post in the thread from cdspencer:
The dumbest of all-time by uacats was Kadeem is only "Tucson good" and he didn't want him. He wanted some other running whose name I can't remember.
He said Kylan Butler and Terry Longbons were better than Ka'Deem. :lol:
-JB
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

Wow. We have lost a bunch. Kinda sucks.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Irish27 wrote:I went back and found a 10-page thread on Rich Rod's 2013 recruiting class from TOS and not one mention of Scooby Wright. It just shows that most of us do not know as much as we think.

Really? I could have sworn someone was really excited about Scooby... Thought it was HeHateMe.

I'll have to go through that thread.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
Irish27 wrote:I went back and found a 10-page thread on Rich Rod's 2013 recruiting class from TOS and not one mention of Scooby Wright. It just shows that most of us do not know as much as we think.

Really? I could have sworn someone was really excited about Scooby... Thought it was HeHateMe.

I'll have to go through that thread.
I remember someone at Scout (not sure if it was the free boards or premium) posting about Scooby. Talked about how
his SPARQ score was off the chart, wondering how we landed him. Said he was going to be special. I don't know how to search over there.
-JB
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

That's because the link is to the 2012 class, RR's first class. Scooby was 2013, the second class.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

For all my complaining of how this years recruiting has gone, this puts plenty into perspective.

Yes, I do trust the coaches talent evaluation, but when they continually lose out on higher rated kids to the usual suspects it's disappointing that a prospects the coaches believed in chose a rival instead.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:

For all my complaining of how this years recruiting has gone, this puts plenty into perspective.

Yes, I do trust the coaches talent evaluation, but when they continually lose out on higher rated kids to the usual suspects it's disappointing that a prospects the coaches believed in chose a rival instead.
I think there is a natural reaction from us fans that the guys who get away are all going to be stars, when in reality they probably have about the same success rate as the guys we do get.
-JB
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

2012 class is a wash imo. Only had two months to recruit and took some kids he normally wouldn't take.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

It appears it was a servicable class. A few starters, Parks and Bundage. Several contributors Allah, Ippolito, Griffey, Lopez and maybe next year Melvin. Some guys that might come along like Sanders, Hemilla and Boyster.

Maybe we should be surprised RR got as much out of this class as he did given it was his first class and he was hired in December? All in all, it seems to be what we thought it would be, light on impact guys
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

azcat49 wrote:It appears it was a servicable class. A few starters, Parks and Bundage. Several contributors Allah, Ippolito, Griffey, Lopez and maybe next year Melvin. Some guys that might come along like Sanders, Hemilla and Boyster.

Maybe we shouldbe surprised RR got as much out of this class as he f2f id given it was his first class and he was hired in December? All in all, it seems to be what we thought it would be, light on impact guys
J. Allah and especially Ippolito have been the biggest surprises. Expected them to be nothing more than local filler.

I'm hoping Hemilla and Boyster's lack of visibility have more to do with the amount of OL ahead of them on the depth chart, and they'll be heavy contributors once spots open for them going into next season.

As for Lopez, other than special teams, where has he been a factor? I'm not even sure where on the roster he plays.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
As for Lopez, other than special teams, where has he been a factor? I'm not even sure where on the roster he plays.
Safety. Didn't he pick up Scooby's strip of Kelley in the first quarter of the ASU game and score a touchdown?
-JB
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UAEebs86 wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
Safety. Didn't he pick up Scooby's strip of Kelley in the first quarter of the ASU game and score a touchdown?
Yea, that's right. He's been moved all across the roster. Haven't been able to keep track.
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

Phillip wright?

I remembered reading RR chartered flight to sign him. Went to search his name on YouTube, found some ridiculous workout videos..
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

As for Carey, I love that guy, great vision, toughness and everything, but I mean he is not that fast... And he's not that big neither...

I think Wilson would accomplish more baring injuries.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Abrahamarvel wrote:As for Carey, I love that guy, great vision, toughness and everything, but I mean he is not that fast... And he's not that big neither...

I think Wilson would accomplish more baring injuries.
Wilson needs to get stronger, but he has all the tools to be the best Arizona has ever had.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

if Wilson plays all 4 years I could see him beating Carey's career numbers. would just need to average 1100 yards and 12 tds a season. or get 1500 yards and 16 tds each of the next 2 seasons
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Right now Wilson certainly doesn't seem as durable (that could change with the S&C program) as KaDeem but he also appears to have more break away speed.

DC and I were talking about his TD run in the third quarter vs ASSU and whether Deem would have been caught from behind which I think he woudl have
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So former LB Dakota Conwell ended up playing again, even though he left Arizona with concussion issues, as a QB at a small school:

https://blog.preps.com/blog/karlo-zovko ... t-liberty/

http://www.wtrf.com/story/28744310/spri ... st-liberty
-JB