Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Newportcat

Wow, USC recruited a monster

Post by Newportcat »

How easy is to recruit to that school, there class is ridiculous

3 five stars in the past 24 hours

WOW, color me impressed

They always recruit well but now have full classes again

If they get decent coaching they could be the USC of old very soon which is not good for us

https://rivals.yahoo.com/arizona/footba ... 015/usc-62
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
ASUHATER!

Re: Wow, USC recruited a monster

Post by ASUHATER! »

just based on talent alone starting in 2016 USC should be the favorite to win the division every year
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

They still have Sark at the helm though!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

RockyRaccoon wrote:They still have Sark at the helm though!

Even Sark won't be able to **** up that level of talent. Our window of opportunity in the South opened and quickly closed with a resurgent USC. It was only a matter of time.

USC will own the South division for years to come if Sark even half way coaches OK and doesn't **** it up.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:

Even Sark won't be able to **** up that level of talent. Our window of opportunity in the South opened and quickly closed with a resurgent USC. It was only a matter of time.

USC will own the South division for years to come if Sark even half way coaches OK and doesn't **** it up.
THIS

So many have forgotten how dominant USC was under Carroll. There was a window with the recruiting scandals for us to slide in and make a move. We had a shot this year but then blew it against Oregon. With the amount of talent USC and UCLA are both bringing in and the fact ASU is good under Graham, we will be hard pressed to win the Pac-12 south again. Think about it, we lost to both USC and UCLA this year and made it. Fat chance that ever happens again

Thats why this recruiting class frustrates me so much, if ever there was a year we should do well in recruiting it was this year. Only gets harder from here on out
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

People assuming that Sark is going to elevate USC back to the level it was under Carroll anytime soon need to take a deep breath.

USC has recruited ridiculously for as long as Arizona has been in the PAC (and long before that, I suppose), and since J-Rob retired (the first time), Carroll is the ONLY one who fielded teams that were representative of the talent on the roster.

Carroll is a fantastic coach; Sark not so much. Coaching matters - a lot.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Newportcat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:

THIS

So many have forgotten how dominant USC was under Carroll. There was a window with the recruiting scandals for us to slide in and make a move. We had a shot this year but then blew it against Oregon. With the amount of talent USC and UCLA are both bringing in and the fact ASU is good under Graham, we will be hard pressed to win the Pac-12 south again. Think about it, we lost to both USC and UCLA this year and made it. Fat chance that ever happens again

Thats why this recruiting class frustrates me so much, if ever there was a year we should do well in recruiting it was this year. Only gets harder from here on out
This. Ucla, Arizona and Asu have all done well in the 4 or so years usc has been down and 2015 is anyone's guess who'll win, but I do think that usc will be winning the majority of division titles after that.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

What?! Newportcat is disappointed by this year's recruiting class? Wow, none of us realized that. Jeebus.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I'm sorry, but I have seen enough of Mora and Sark to say with firm resolve that they are NOT better coaches than RichRod. USC only beat us because of Nick Wilson's injury, period. If Mora was worth a shit he would never have left the NFL, because he was GIFTED Michael Vick - a talent that simply needed to be used right and guided and the falcons would have been unbelievably dominant. But blew it.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

splitsecond wrote:I'm sorry, but I have seen enough of Mora and Sark to say with firm resolve that they are NOT better coaches than RichRod. USC only beat us because of Nick Wilson's injury, period. If Mora was worth a shit he would never have left the NFL, because he was GIFTED Michael Vick - a talent that simply needed to be used right and guided and the falcons would have been unbelievably dominant. But blew it.
I don't disagree with you but if they keep bringing in these type of recruits, they could be subpar coaches and still probably do well. You bring in enough great recruits/athletes, it can mask average coaching.

I saw that when we landed Gronk, a true 5 star type of athlete. I could have coached him in college and he still would have dominated and I know zero about coaching TE's.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Harvey Specter wrote:People assuming that Sark is going to elevate USC back to the level it was under Carroll anytime soon need to take a deep breath.

USC has recruited ridiculously for as long as Arizona has been in the PAC (and long before that, I suppose), and since J-Rob retired (the first time), Carroll is the ONLY one who fielded teams that were representative of the talent on the roster.

Carroll is a fantastic coach; Sark not so much. Coaching matters - a lot.
This whole thread needs to take a deep breath.

Sark sucks. USC beat UA despite his awful coaching.

Some here are acting as if this is the first time USC has put a monster class together.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

splitsecond wrote:I'm sorry, but I have seen enough of Mora and Sark to say with firm resolve that they are NOT better coaches than RichRod. USC only beat us because of Nick Wilson's injury, period. If Mora was worth a shit he would never have left the NFL, because he was GIFTED Michael Vick - a talent that simply needed to be used right and guided and the falcons would have been unbelievably dominant. But blew it.
It is a testament to how incredible a job Mora has done at UCLA that so many people on the outside (like splitsecond here) have already forgotten the condition of UCLA's football program just a few short years ago. It takes MUCH more than an average coach to succeed at UCLA, which has considerable structural advantages but also extreme structural disadvantages, such as unreasonable admissions requirements for athletes, no dedicated facilities (until the Wasserman Center is built, which would never have happened without Mora), and worst of all, an embarrassing and incompetent athletic director.

People have also forgotten the condition of USC's football program before Carroll.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.