2015 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Folesfor10K

Re: 2015 recruits/commitment thread

Post by Folesfor10K »

http://www.lockerpulse.com/News/Texas-T ... S10743298/

Does anyone know anything about this?? Just like Torrance Gibson, he hasn't even listed Arizona as an offer, but he's gonna visit??
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Folesfor10K wrote:http://www.lockerpulse.com/News/Texas-T ... S10743298/

Does anyone know anything about this?? Just like Torrance Gibson, he hasn't even listed Arizona as an offer, but he's gonna visit??
Edit: Here is the full article from Times-Picayune

Wow. Just star gazing, but it would be great to get that visit. It would be so so nice to get more than the occasional under-the-radar guy out of New Orleans.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

K Mac's decision is right around the corner. He tweets that he is going to be bringing some studs with him. Then out of the blue two top twenty five players show serious interest in us. I may be reaching a little, but it's nice to dream.
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

gronk4heisman wrote:K Mac's decision is right around the corner. He tweets that he is going to be bringing some studs with him. Then out of the blue two top twenty five players show serious interest in us. I may be reaching a little, but it's nice to dream.
I'm drinking the same thing you're drinking Gronk!
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

I can guarantee you he has an offer. Just because it isn't listed does not mean he doesn't have one.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sage&Silver wrote:

Wow. Just star gazing, but it would be great to get that visit. It would be so so nice to get more than the occasional under-the-radar guy out of New Orleans.

Texas Tech, who Johnson proclaimed as his leader weeks ago, and Arizona will get official visits while the other three spots are still up in the air.

"It's a great two schools," Johnson said. "Air raid offenses and that's the type of offense I want to be in."

UA doesn't run an Air Raid offense.

Maybe without Ka'Deem RR has told him the numbers will switch again regarding running and passing plays.
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

catinfl wrote:

I can guarantee you he has an offer. Just because it isn't listed does not mean he doesn't have one.
Of course he has an offer, my point was that just like TG he didn't care about us enough to actually mention the arizona offer to recruiting services in the last year+ yet all of the sudden we're in the conversation for one of his TWO officials. That's crazy. 3 five star guys have been talking favorably about us in the last week and 2 of them kinda came out of nowhere.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

Merkin wrote:
Sage&Silver wrote:

Texas Tech, who Johnson proclaimed as his leader weeks ago, and Arizona will get official visits while the other three spots are still up in the air.

"It's a great two schools," Johnson said. "Air raid offenses and that's the type of offense I want to be in."

UA doesn't run an Air Raid offense.

Maybe without Ka'Deem RR has told him the numbers will switch again regarding running and passing plays.
I can see us reverting to an air raid offense with Shea Patterson so maybe that's what the staff is selling him. If Torrance Gibson is our qb of the future I don't think we see the air raid type offense.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
jollything

Post by jollything »

The offense would/should/could be in good hands with either Gibson or Patterson right? I think we get one, but not both. I have confidence that the offense can be tailored to suit either.

So as long as we get one of them we should be in good shape. At least I hope so. haha
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

There's also a connection between Tyron Johnson and Shea Patterson. They're both on the Louisiana Bootleggers 7-on-7 team. Maybe part of the reason Johnson to give UA at least a visit
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

RR going strong after K Mac and throwing down to Butch Jones. Love this coach! :D

[youtube]h5MPBi_MpUs[/youtube]
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Would love to see if any of these other coaches or players that have been called out have done this? Anyone have any video of them doing it?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Torrance Gibson highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/642539/highlights/120093376

Kinda reminds me of Randall. Great great athlete, but I don't see him as much of a thrower. What do you guys think?
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

BearDown89 wrote:RR going strong after K Mac and throwing down to Butch Jones. Love this coach! :D

That's awesome. Course in the middle of the summer in Tucson, that's gotta feel pretty damn good..
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

threenumberones wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:RR going strong after K Mac and throwing down to Butch Jones. Love this coach! :D

That's awesome. Course in the middle of the summer in Tucson, that's gotta feel pretty damn good..
That's what I was thinking. He was probably dry ten minutes later.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:That's what I was thinking. He was probably dry ten minutes later.
He was probably dry before they put the bucket down.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Catinfl's wishlist

QB: Torrance Gibson
RB: Orlando Bradford, Dami Ayoola, Kendal Williams
WR: Cedrick Peterson, Jamie Nunley, Darick Holmes, Tryon Johnson, Tyrell Chatman
TE: Ricky McCoy, Brion Anduze
OL: Keenan Walker, Alex Kosinski, Harper Sherman
DL: Finton Conolly, Khalil McKenzie, Raequan Williams
LB: Dedrick Young, Khylan Thomas, Kyhava Tezino
DB: Paul Magilore, Anthony Mariscal, Demetrius Flannigan, Stanley Norman, Dechaun Holiday.

Bold=Committed

So that's 26 commits obviously we can't take that many, but a couple of these guys are just wishful thinking on my part thoughts?
boat343

Post by boat343 »

Isn't it safe to say Holiday is either UCLA or USC?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

boat343 wrote:Isn't it safe to say Holiday is either UCLA or USC?
I'd say we're third. If we can get him on an official a lot of things can happen
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Cassius Peat released his top 6 today: Oregon, Oklahoma, ASU, Michigan State, UCLA, and Texas A&M.

https://twitter.com/cassiuspeat/status/ ... 64/photo/1
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Cassius Peat released his top 6 today: Oregon, Oklahoma, ASU, Miigan State, UCLA, and Texas A&M.

https://twitter.com/cassiuspeat/status/ ... 64/photo/1
Yeah I dont even think the coaches thought twice about him once they saw Peat as the last name. he was never coming here
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

gronk4heisman wrote:K Mac's decision is right around the corner. He tweets that he is going to be bringing some studs with him. Then out of the blue two top twenty five players show serious interest in us. I may be reaching a little, but it's nice to dream.
Last night McKenzie listed two players (Internet radio show) he wanted to "bring with him" to school he chooses. First one obvious, Torrance Gibson. Second one was Drew Richmond (4 star top 150 OT from Memphis). Said nice things about his final two schools.

When KM was asked if he's already made a decision, KM said he now has a clear vision on it and using time now to "reflect" on it. KM was asked who he's close with already at his two final schools, KM listed Marcus Griffin for UA and about 5-6 players on TN
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Yeah I'm moving on to Tevita Mounga. Coaching staff seems to keep fighting though, kudos to them for trying.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Hail Mary from Matty D on Twitter this AM...

It kind of backfired, but at least it was an error of commission - albeit with an omission.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I'm confused, we have two threads regarding 2015 commitments, which is the official one?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

well i started this one the day the board was founded sooo...
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Harvey Specter wrote:Hail Mary from Matty D on Twitter this AM...

It kind of backfired, but at least it was an error of commission - albeit with an omission.
How did it backfire?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

This is the commitment discussion thread. The other thread was only to have a quick spot to see our actual commits and even includes this note: If you want to discuss commits don't add to this thread go to 2015 recruits/commitment thread.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASUHATER! wrote:well i started this one the day the board was founded sooo...
But you never kept the list updated in the first post like HeHateMe did at TOS even though
we asked you twice.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
JAX83

Post by JAX83 »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
Last night McKenzie listed two players (Internet radio show) he wanted to "bring with him" to school he chooses. First one obvious, Torrance Gibson. Second one was Drew Richmond (4 star top 150 OT from Memphis). Said nice things about his final two schools.

When KM was asked if he's already made a decision, KM said he now has a clear vision on it and using time now to "reflect" on it. KM was asked who he's close with already at his two final schools, KM listed Marcus Griffin for UA and about 5-6 players on TN
Well fudge... Considering Richmond doesn't even have an offer from us and he's from Memphis, I think the writing is on the wall here.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ElGatoBlanco wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:Hail Mary from Matty D on Twitter this AM...

How did it backfire?
His later tweet apology for for forgetting to include Jones' Conference COY award at Cinci? That was how I viewed it, maybe others won't. (Hence "kind of")

I kinda liked the original tweet - it was pretty ballsy. I assume someone pointed out the omission... which I am sure was an honest mistake, it just didn't look great.

No matter either way... KM is going to go where he is going to go.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Drew Richmond?

Sweet! KM to ucla
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

And it appears that RRod is close to offering yet another QB:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recr ... /11809091/
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

I guess coach is seeing how it shakes out with Gibson first?
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

dmjcat wrote:And it appears that RRod is close to offering yet another QB:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recr ... /11809091/
That article said Arizona worked him out as a LB and that the guy wants to play RB. I don't think being a QB is in the equation here if he does get an AZ offer.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Composite 3 star DB Antonio Parks (La.) announced via twitter (@_Str8King) he'll commit Friday July 4th. He listed Arizona, Clemson and Purdue as favs.

Seems like down to Clemson or UA

Update: FWIW, Looks like Parks tweeted in April that he committed to Clemson but then deleted the tweet. Local paper wrote that Clemson coaches asked him to wait a bit. If adds any context...
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

We are about to get this party started recruiting-wise. I smell football in the air.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Chief, any news that you'd like to share with us? I hear Tenn. may be backing off of Torrance Gibson.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Chief, any news that you'd like to share with us? I hear Tenn. may be backing off of Torrance Gibson.
It's true. They are backing off on Gibson. They already have 3 QB commits and 2 other QB offers floating out there.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

chiefzona wrote:
TuiTouchdown wrote:Chief, any news that you'd like to share with us? I hear Tenn. may be backing off of Torrance Gibson.
It's true. They are backing off on Gibson. They already have 3 QB commits and 2 other QB offers floating out there.
And people talk about Rich stockpiling QBs. 2 QB commits is probably higher than usual. 3 is "what are you doing?" territory. 3 plus QB offers outstanding is "you know you'll only be playing one QB at a time, right?" territory.
jollything

Post by jollything »

I just don't see either McKenzie or Gibson committing here. I was hopeful before, it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen for us this time. I hope I am wrong.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

A quick search says the Gibson is going to visit Oklahoma (again) and Ohio State.

That's some pretty tough competition obviously.
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Merkin wrote:A quick search says the Gibson is going to visit Oklahoma (again) and Ohio State.

That's some pretty tough competition obviously.
They don't want him as a QB.
CatnapTom

DB Antonio Parks commits to .......

Post by CatnapTom »

Arizona

RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Thought it was interesting Rich Rod even tweeted an #OnToTheNextOne when Antonio Parks committed. Think that's unusual for him. Maybe free time or guessing because Parks also on the same LA 7v7 travel team as 2016 QB Shea Patterson and 2015 #1 WR Tyron Johnson who is reported to be taking one of his officials to Arizona.

Parks been getting lots of interest lately. All the above?
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Thought it was interesting Rich Rod even tweeted an #OnToTheNextOne when Antonio Parks committed. Think that's unusual for him. Maybe free time or guessing because Parks also on the same LA 7v7 travel team as 2016 QB Shea Patterson and 2015 #1 WR Tyron Johnson who is reported to be taking one of his officials to Arizona.

Yes, and maybe another 'honey badger' to be.
:)

http://arizona.247sports.com/Article/An ... a-29467174

OKG
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Thought it was interesting Rich Rod even tweeted an #OnToTheNextOne when Antonio Parks committed. Think that's unusual for him. Maybe free time or guessing because Parks also on the same LA 7v7 travel team as 2016 QB Shea Patterson and 2015 #1 WR Tyron Johnson who is reported to be taking one of his officials to Arizona.

I noticed that too. I took it that coach may see something in him and is really excited to have him on the team. But I like your perspective too.
boat343

Post by boat343 »

CatnapTom wrote:

Yes, and maybe another 'honey badger' to be.
:)

http://arizona.247sports.com/Article/An ... a-29467174

OKG
Comparing him to Honey Badger reminds me of when I read an article that compared Nick Grigsby (coming out of HS) to Reggie Bush. No way. This kid's highlights are impressive, though. But now way the physical specimen that Honey Badger is.