Every. Damn. Time.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

Re: Every. Damn. Time.

Post by PieceOfMeat »

It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bunch of bitch ass defeatists in this thread.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Come on guys. Be proud of this team with only 2 all Pac players and a freshman qb and rb exceeding most expectations this season. We'll get a crap bowl game but we could still get an 11th win and have a great season to look forward to next year
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

I wonder when it will hit RR that we are cursed, and how long it will take him to move on after that realization.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

AZarchery wrote:I wonder when it will hit RR that we are cursed, and how long it will take him to move on after that realization.
UA FB may be cursed, but this is all on RR for his conservative play calling and having no one to back up an injured Solomon.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Fuck this lame thread.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

Is not having a backup part of the curse? We can't get the big recruits therefore we won't win the big games.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

Merkin wrote:
AZarchery wrote:I wonder when it will hit RR that we are cursed, and how long it will take him to move on after that realization.
UA FB may be cursed, but this is all on RR for his conservative play calling and having no one to back up an injured Solomon.
I agree
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

AZarchery wrote:Is not having a backup part of the curse? We can't get the big recruits therefore we won't win the big games.
Even RichRod admitted that in pregame show. "We're not UCLA. We're not going to get five-star recruits."

Well not with a performance like tonight's you're not, no.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

catgrad97 wrote:
AZarchery wrote:Is not having a backup part of the curse? We can't get the big recruits therefore we won't win the big games.
Even RichRod admitted that in pregame show. "We're not UCLA. We're not going to get five-star recruits."

That's ridiculous. Keep competing for the conference title and we could absolutely get a few five-stars.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

AZCatGirl wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

That's ridiculous. Keep competing for the conference title and we could absolutely get a few five-stars.
That doesn't even have to be the case. We've gotten five-stars to Tucson with the right coach.

The soft bigotry of low expectations never works.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Every. Damn. Time....

We lose a game this board becomes unhinged. We still will have a good bowl game to play as P12 runnerups. No need to hang our heads.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

the real dill wrote:Bunch of bitch ass defeatists in this thread.
Add in self-loathing who take take great pleasure is their own failures and you've hit the bull's eye.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

AZCatGirl wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

I like Rich Rod, and I did not see the pre-game, but that IS ridiculous.

There was a point in time, not all that long ago, that the same statement would have applied to basketball. Without question, even moreso.

We don't always get what we want, but we almost always get what we expect.
UofACat23

Post by UofACat23 »

Merkin wrote:
I disagree, the biggest problem by far was with the O-line. They got no push at all and weren't much better in pass protection. Hard to see how that's on RR.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

UofACat23 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
I disagree, the biggest problem by far was with the O-line. They got no push at all and weren't much better in pass protection. Hard to see how that's on RR.
Ucla all over again.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I hope none of you are seriously angry or upset that we're sitting here with ten wins in our collective pocket, with a chance to get to eleven... Because that'd be just, well, silly.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Cactuscat

Post by Cactuscat »

Baby steps.....baby steps.

This year we were knocking on the door. Next year, hopefully we'll be kicking that damn door down!

I believe in Rich Rod
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:I hope none of you are seriously angry or upset that we're sitting here with ten wins in our collective pocket, with a chance to get to eleven... Because that'd be just, well, silly.
I think silly anger is a good way to describe it.

Sudden onset hysterical mental menstruation might be a more technical descriptor.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Puerco wrote:I hope none of you are seriously angry or upset that we're sitting here with ten wins in our collective pocket, with a chance to get to eleven... Because that'd be just, well, silly.
Interesting way to phrase it. I sincerely doubt that anyone is upsate that we have 10 wins.

I think people were upset last night (maybe this morning too?) that we went out and got embarrassed whilst shitting all over ourselves (on O and ST) in a national game with the spotlights on and a chance to really announce to the world we were a team to be reckoned with, one that had finally (insert favorite phrase here).

Though maybe there are some people at there angry that we have 10 wins....world is full of crazy people, so who knows, I guess it's possible. I'm not upset at all, actually I'm amused at the dichotomy in fan reactions.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Machina

Post by Machina »

Yep it is pathetic
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Interesting way to phrase it. I sincerely doubt that anyone is upsate that we have 10 wins.

I think people were upset last night (maybe this morning too?) that we went out and got embarrassed whilst shitting all over ourselves (on O and ST) in a national game with the spotlights on and a chance to really announce to the world we were a team to be reckoned with, one that had finally (insert favorite phrase here).

Though maybe there are some people at there angry that we have 10 wins....world is full of crazy people, so who knows, I guess it's possible. I'm not upset at all, actually I'm amused at the dichotomy in fan reactions.
Exactly this. With homer glasses on I projected 8 wins before the season started. It is THIS game that I and maybe some others are upset with. Because if I was a potential recruit and I watched that game (slaughter) last night with runs up the middle on 3rd and 11 among many, many other "wtf are you thinking" play calls, I would look elsewhere. Overmatched? Fine. Mentally unprepared at a critical juncture and you've had time to prepare? Not so much. I think it's fantastic we have a 10 win season in a seriously tough division in a power conference. Before the season started I kept thinking "man I hope we just make it through the season ok so we can get a lot more bodies on D for next year and really compete" (For me Year 4 & 5 has always been the time to really judge coach/system) Lo and behold it turns out to be the O that's pulling the collective team down. Not a good thing. I like RR. I hope he learns from this. My main concern is the future. 2 star scoob's are rare. Wanted a slight uptick in the overall rating (as a group) of recruits we get for next year.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Add in self-loathing who take take great pleasure is their own failures and you've hit the bull's eye.
Pretty much. A bunch of people who aren't happy unless they're not happy.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Disappointed in last night's results for sure, not at all disappointed with how the season has turned out.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAdevil wrote:Disappointed in last night's results for sure, not at all disappointed with how the season has turned out.
This.

And my disappointment is based on how poor the offense looked. A loss, fine, but to be out of it after the first half, disappointing.

Does not detract from what has been an great season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UofACat23 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Not disagreeing with you, but with no push and no pass protection why did RR leave a hobbled Anu out there, same with running the dang Nick Wilson up the middle for 1 yard play, even on 3rd and long. Look how well Randall and Scroggins moved the team with their legs, although their passing is atrocious. Their JC passing stats are well known.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Because last night was so humiliating, we need to win the bowl now for me to be truly content
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ASUHATER! wrote:Because last night was so humiliating, we need to win the bowl now for me to be truly content
You mean they need to win the CFP for you to be happy! When we win the bowl you will still find something to bitch and moan about
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

3goggles wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Because last night was so humiliating, we need to win the bowl now for me to be truly content
You mean they need to win the CFP for you to be happy! When we win the bowl you will still find something to bitch and moan about
No of course not. If we come back and win the holiday bowl or whatever, I'll be very happy. But finishing the season on a losing streak is not optimal.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Fuck this thread. Didn't even read it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

big stage = shit bed

EDT
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:big stage = shit bed

EDT
Cats would be kicking butt if this was on thr PAC-12 network or Fox Sports One
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Lol
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

CST, you're precious.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

CalStateTempe wrote:big stage = shit bed

EDT
7.4 million viewers.