Game #4 vs UCLA Bruins discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

SCCats

Re: Game #4 vs UCLA Bruins discussion thread

Post by SCCats »

MrBug708 wrote: Why is anyone shocked he's back with the team?
Nobody is shocked.
but there is nothing nefarious about him coming back now
There's nothing nefarious about it because it isn't a nefarious thing; it's just the way. We all know and understand. Morals get flushed, games get played. Giddy up!
Last edited by SCCats on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

but "its only a misdemeanor"

Things I would say that would get me fired in the the real world. Ah to live in the big-time sports world....
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

SCCats wrote:
MrBug708 wrote: Why is anyone shocked he's back with the team?
Nobody is shocked.
but there is nothing nefarious about him coming back now
There's nothing nefarious about it because it isn't a nefarious thing; it's just the way. We all know and understand.
I meant more like the fake shock moral outrage
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

MrBug708 wrote:I meant more like the fake shock moral outrage
Again there's no moral outrage. We are laughing about it because this was always the way it was going to play out, as this is always the way these things play out.
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

Merkin wrote:
Ok Bug I'm asking for your insight yet again... So adams has "shockingly" been re instated. What does re instated mean exactly? What kind of role has he had with the team up to his "re instatement" has he been practicing with the team?, lifting with the team?, watching film with the team?, cardio with the team?

if memory serves he was a huge part of the game last year with some huge hits early in the game that were penalties. We ended up scoring on that drive but our receivers were so shook up by the hits they heard footsteps and had butter fingers the rest of the game playing scared. Adams is a huge deal for this game in my opinion.
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

He was essentially off the team. No practices, no events, sitting in the stands. Now he's part of the team again. I don't think he's been idly sitting by doing nothing. I'd imagine he's been kept informed by the coaching staff and working out though. But until today, he wasn't part of the team
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:He was essentially off the team. No practices, no events, sitting in the stands. Now he's part of the team again. I don't think he's been idly sitting by doing nothing. I'd imagine he's been kept informed by the coaching staff and working out though. But until today, he wasn't part of the team
So college is not like pro where you need to be reinstated then displined?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I guess?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Ucla also loses a running back, Craig Lee, to ineligibility due to grades. He really hasn't played much in his career
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:I guess?
Maybe I am just viewing it like the NFL but to me the right thing to do is to have him off the team until the legal process is resolved and then suspend when all the information is available.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Pretty sure the information has been available to the coaches and lawyers. But I don't know for sure.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Maybe I am just viewing it like the NFL but to me the right thing to do is to have him off the team until the legal process is resolved and then suspend when all the information is available.
What the hell? This is not a standard by which any other team operates in college or the pros. The dude will be charged with a misdemeanor at MOST and was suspended for three fucking games. You guys are something else. UCLA just played a BYU team which started a guy who has misdemeanor assault (!) charges hanging over his head and who wasn't suspended for a single millisecond by his coach or school. Don't be ridiculous with this "morals get flushed" bullshit. Three games is a quarter of the season!

You say you are "viewing it like the NFL." You're not even trying anymore. Aldon Smith has played two games for the Raiders with three misdemeanors hanging over his head and no suspension.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

The moral outrage is just fear disguised as such. You mean he gets to play against us? Oh man! We would never do that! Our coach has more morals than the other! Yada yada yada. :lol:
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Yeah every coach makes questionable decisions sometimes on off field issues, including our own. I thought the 1 game suspension for Grant's dui was kind of a slap on the wrist.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

chiefzona wrote:The moral outrage is just fear disguised as such. You mean he gets to play against us? Oh man! We would never do that! Our coach has more morals than the other! Yada yada yada. :lol:
Haha, I don't know if it's fear, it's just that Arizona fans are smarter than most (at least the ones I've known all these years at this site) yet lose all sense of rationality when it comes to UCLA.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Bruins01 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:The moral outrage is just fear disguised as such. You mean he gets to play against us? Oh man! We would never do that! Our coach has more morals than the other! Yada yada yada. :lol:
Haha, I don't know if it's fear, it's just that Arizona fans are smarter than most (at least the ones I've known all these years at this site) yet lose all sense of rationality when it comes to UCLA.
Well it doesn't help when the bruins are the ones to seemingly bone us out of a rose bowl or p12 championship in bball
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Fishclamps wrote:Yeah every coach makes questionable decisions sometimes on off field issues, including our own. I thought the 1 game suspension for Grant's dui was kind of a slap on the wrist.
I think so too, and I think a three game suspension for what Ish did would be overly harsh.

And the Arizona fans who are saying "oh what a coincidence he is reinstated the week they play us!" are apparently unaware or have conveniently forgotten that Bug and I have mentioned September 22nd as an important date for Ish for weeks already.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

MrBug708 wrote:He was essentially off the team. No practices, no events, sitting in the stands. Now he's part of the team again. I don't think he's been idly sitting by doing nothing. I'd imagine he's been kept informed by the coaching staff and working out though. But until today, he wasn't part of the team
Thanks Bug, seriously appreciate the info. So my take is worst case he plays against us but will be pretty rusty. Best case, mora instates a team suspension for him for this game. Although I kinda agree with everyone else that this cell phone robbery ordeal was probably blown up much bigger than it should have been and missing the first 3 games and not being able to practice seems like pretty stiff punishment already.

damn I'm excited for this game. Gonna be a loooong week at work.
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

As long as Deshaun Foster doesn't get "activated", all is well I guess.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Bruins01 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
What the hell? This is not a standard by which any other team operates in college or the pros. The dude will be charged with a misdemeanor at MOST and was suspended for three fucking games. You guys are something else. UCLA just played a BYU team which started a guy who has misdemeanor assault (!) charges hanging over his head and who wasn't suspended for a single millisecond by his coach or school. Don't be ridiculous with this "morals get flushed" bullshit. Three games is a quarter of the season!

You say you are "viewing it like the NFL." You're not even trying anymore. Aldon Smith has played two games for the Raiders with three misdemeanors hanging over his head and no suspension.
Tough talk tough guy.
Want to go back and read what I wrote and try again?
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Tough talk tough guy.
Want to go back and read what I wrote and try again?
You aren't the only person I was responding to, "tough guy."
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

hey bug, are you making the trip out for the game this weekend? have you ever been to tuxon? i think you'd have a fun time...
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Been to tucson before when I was a kid but I have a 2 month old right now. When we go to arizona we end up in prescott valley
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

You're so far off in regards to the pulse of the fan base yet each and every week you bring the same weak takes. Give it a rest already. Stop embarrassing yourself.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Bruins01 wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:Yeah every coach makes questionable decisions sometimes on off field issues, including our own. I thought the 1 game suspension for Grant's dui was kind of a slap on the wrist.
I think so too, and I think a three game suspension for what Ish did would be overly harsh.

And the Arizona fans who are saying "oh what a coincidence he is reinstated the week they play us!" are apparently unaware or have conveniently forgotten that Bug and I have mentioned September 22nd as an important date for Ish for weeks already.
I guess I missed the part where Mora said it would be a 3 game suspension when Ish was arrested? It's really simple in my mind - who's the dumbass who put himself in this situation? Exactly. I could give 2 sh!ts if the guy is back or not - he is who he is. You and Bug can say what you want but I don't see the problem in Arizona fans not being surprised by any of this. Stop trying to take the high road because it's not there.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

DC- When you go Chernobyl, I know there's problems. Epic meltdown rant my friend....one for the ages. Don't fret bro! Keep the faith and stay the course or take my friendly advice and act like you've been there before.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

No one should be surprised that the insufferable douchebag who was no help to Michael Vick either professionally or personally drops his moral code when a big game is coming up.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

So, why do we care? He is, or he isn't playing. I don't think he's a guy that moves the needle all that much in either direction in terms of changing the outcome of this game. I think we've still got 4 really good WR's, so it's up to Anu to find the one that's open, regardless of who's covering them.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

First, on the topic at hand....I personally think the 3 game "suspension" that Adams got was a pretty big suspension for a pretty small incident by today's standards. There are no complaints by my on how the situation was handled, though I definitely wish he had been suspended 4 games.

Second thought, Maybe I remember things but I vaguely recall Chief previously providing some pretty decent analysis of the actual game action. Now he has solely become someone who throws off the wall predictions out there hoping they stick, along with pointing out the obvious. Yeah, UCLA will be our hardest test yet and we may lose....Way to go out on a limb there Chief. What is the point in vaguely saying the sky is falling you will all see soon enough? Are you just trying to set up that I told you so moment? I am just trying to figure out what angle Chief is trying for by attempting to troll the fanbase. Am I missing something, is this just some ongoing inside joke?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

splitsecond wrote:No one should be surprised that the insufferable douchebag who was no help to Michael Vick either professionally or personally drops his moral code when a big game is coming up.
This is a take I can respect. It's batshit crazy, but at least he just says it :)
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

gronk4heisman wrote:First, on the topic at hand....I personally think the 3 game "suspension" that Adams got was a pretty big suspension for a pretty small incident by today's standards. There are no complaints by my on how the situation was handled, though I definitely wish he had been suspended 4 games.

Second thought, Maybe I remember things but I vaguely recall Chief previously providing some pretty decent analysis of the actual game action. Now he has solely become someone who throws off the wall predictions out there hoping they stick, along with pointing out the obvious. Yeah, UCLA will be our hardest test yet and we may lose....Way to go out on a limb there Chief. What is the point in vaguely saying the sky is falling you will all see soon enough? Are you just trying to set up that I told you so moment? I am just trying to figure out what angle Chief is trying for by attempting to troll the fanbase. Am I missing something, is this just some ongoing inside joke?

Gronk ongoing inside joke. If you see me not taking something serious, it's just that. I have saved the predictions and commentary for the local hacks and guys who get paid for it. You know the guys who start the takes out as.....I wouldn't be surprised if or it would not shock me if or I'm hearing that.....you know....those guys. No need to overthink anything. DC and I are buddies and love to go back and forth. It used to happen on Goaz....then Scout and now here. It's a beautiful thing.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

MrBug708 wrote:
splitsecond wrote:No one should be surprised that the insufferable douchebag who was no help to Michael Vick either professionally or personally drops his moral code when a big game is coming up.
This is a take I can respect. It's batshit crazy, but at least he just says it :)
To be fair, I have hated Mora for a really long time, well before he went to UCLA. Kind of the same way I have hated Jim Harbaugh ever since he was an insufferable douchebag as a player.

On topic though, I don't care that this guy is back. He has been sitting absent from the team, probably worrying about whether he was ever going to be able to have a normal life again. I don't think he makes much impact on this game. The key to this game is whether or not a freshman QB keeps his cool and performs in a hellish road environment. If he does, UCLA likely wins. If he doesn't, U of A wins. Its really simple.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

qwertyus wrote:So, why do we care? He is, or he isn't playing. I don't think he's a guy that moves the needle all that much in either direction in terms of changing the outcome of this game. I think we've still got 4 really good WR's, so it's up to Anu to find the one that's open, regardless of who's covering them.
Sounds good. I'd prefer Adams play.

IF AZ wins, I want want to avoid as many 'excuses' as possible why they did. Remember AZ's win over Oregon in Eugene last year? I hated when Duck fans and media rationalized the loss throwing in their OL injuries and missing starters. Even Jeff Long the CFB Playoff chairman listed that as reasoning to why they ranked Oregon high with their 1-loss to AZ.

Just crush them...
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Where is Chief's score prediction?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

i understand the frustration about the "coincidence" and while I don't like Mora and his stances I totally understand.. Cayleb Jones was suspended one game for a misdemeanor at UT. 3 games is enough for a misdemeanor imo.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Woodman and Luke talking about the advantages U of A has. Not doom and gloom.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mora kicked off his starting left tackle at ucla a couple years ago. He kicked off a three year starting safety a few years ago. He's pretty firm when it comes to discipline
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:Where is Chief's score prediction?

It's between 100-0 Arizona and 0-0 UCLA.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:

So you call out others for predictions but can't give a real one? Ok guy
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:DC- When you go Chernobyl, I know there's problems. Epic meltdown rant my friend....one for the ages. Don't fret bro! Keep the faith and stay the course or take my friendly advice and act like you've been there before.
Chief, for the umpteenth time I'm not worried at all. You don't have to believe me and honestly I don't care either way but I like where Arizona is sitting right now and I've been that way from Fall Camp to now. Nothing (including losing Scooby) has changed that. The fear crap is seriously getting old - move on already.

Losing Scooby wasn't going to change the outcome of either the Nevada game or the NAU game. I knew that Casteel would have a plan in place for if Scooby is back for Ucla and if he isn't. Miller and Turituri will be ready go on Saturday and so what's to fret again? You're the one who has issues with Casteel and the staff - I know how good of a staff we have and they've shown it where it matters which is on the field and in games.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

So you call out others for predictions but can't give a real one? Ok guy

Called out? I asked. Others? No, just DCs. Are you with the media? :lol: Joking. Well, I keep forgetting that most of you weren't on the Scout board. If you were then you would know that almost every game week around Wednesday, I would create a thread "Chief's Game Prediction" and then give my score and maybe some tidbits like what I thought would be interesting or things to watch. So, I do have gonads "guy". I now Tweet out my predictions for all to see because that's what us chickens do...you know....put it out there for all to see. :D I'll Tweet it and then post it on here either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks PC.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Am I the only one worried about Cayleb? WR is a huge issue.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gilbertcat wrote:Am I the only one worried about Caleb? WR is a huge issue.
What do WR's do the entire practice? Run. Why then would you run them in practice if you don't need to? I would be surprised if Cayleb wasn't ready come Saturday. It's the nature of the beast with no bye week. This stuff is going to happen all season long with different guys.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Walking me off the ledge is a good thing
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Not intending to downplay the possible loss of Cayleb, but we've still got Richards out there. To my eye he's been a bigger presence thus far. He had a great game against NAU and he and Anu seem to be on the same page. Still sucks to be down two of our big outside WRs in Cayleb and Trey. Would love to see Trey back soon. Not a lot of other big outside WRs with experience left to choose from. Maybe Abraham Mendivil can step up. Of course there's also the Randall teaser . . . There are still plenty of slot ninjas to go around - let them do their thing. I've a lot of confidence in Nate and JJ, Haden caught a pass last week I believe, and maybe Shun Brown can get going. Don't like the bodies piling up, but the depth at receiver is still pretty damn good.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

. What loss of Caleb?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:. What loss of Caleb?
In a boot and held out of practice, but the insiders seem to think it's more precautionary than anything and that he'll play. Remember he gimped off the field during NAU and we didn't see him again.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Samaje was also held out. Hopefully both give it a go Saturday. Have to believe CJones was better health wise the SG.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »