Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Machina

Re: Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Post by Machina »

ANGCatFan wrote:There has been lots of talk across all of the Arizona message boards and on 1290 bashing Arizona fans and for not filling Arizona stadium. This is not one of those posts. I want to instead stand up for the fans who have been there to support Wildcat football.

The fans that have been in the stadium this year have made a difference and have been rewarded with some great finishes.

They stayed and cheered when the Cats were down 3 TDs to Cal and rocked the stadium during the first 27 points of the 4th quarter. And then the Hill Mary. The crowd held their breath as one and then exploded in joy and disbelief after watching one of the great comebacks in Arizona history. Even after the win, fans remained in the stadium to celebrate together an amazing and improbable victory.

Even though USC was a loss the fans were there to help cheer the team into a position to win and help share the frustration of the loss. And because they stayed to watch USC it made the Washington game that much sweeter.

Now, last weekend, first off there is some bad information out there. There was not a mass exodus during half time. Large groups of people left the north and east sides of the stands to seek shade after sitting in the sun for 2 hours. The concourses on the north and east side were packed with people escaping the sun and cooling off before returning to the stadium for the second half.

I never saw a mass exodus from this game despite the fact that Washington outplayed Arizona most of the night. The crowd remained to cheer the defense as they kept as in the game and to try and coax one last score out of the offense.

Was everyone heading for the exit when Washington scored there last 1st down? Sure, but they turned right around and stood transfixed after Coach Peterson gave the Cats one last chance at the ball.

I don't know how it sounded in your car or living room or sports bar or wherever you watched the final 2 minutes of the game, but "Let it be" never sounded better than it did in Arizona Stadium sung by die hard Wildcat fans as they waited for the replay to confirm the ruling on the field.

In those final 2 minutes of the game the fans in the stadium got to experience a seasons worth of emotions. Defeat turned to hope and then almost immediately to triumph as Anu finally connected with a receiver in the end zone. Shit, on the line, OK, lets see if we can still win this. They groaned together when Casey kicked it wide right and celebrated as one when his second kick sealed a Wildcat victory.

A Wildcat win is always great, but it is even better when you are part of it as a cheering fan sharing the emotions with your team in person.

I am tired of hearing why people don't go to the games. Your choice and your loss. I do want to stand up for the fans that sacrifice their time to come cheer Arizona to victory. You make a difference in the games and in recruiting and are part of what is being built at Arizona Football.

Bear Down! Beat the Utes! Destroy ASSu!
Outstanding post, post of the year!
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

ANGCatFan wrote:There has been lots of talk across all of the Arizona message boards and on 1290 bashing Arizona fans and for not filling Arizona stadium. This is not one of those posts. I want to instead stand up for the fans who have been there to support Wildcat football.

The fans that have been in the stadium this year have made a difference and have been rewarded with some great finishes.

They stayed and cheered when the Cats were down 3 TDs to Cal and rocked the stadium during the first 27 points of the 4th quarter. And then the Hill Mary. The crowd held their breath as one and then exploded in joy and disbelief after watching one of the great comebacks in Arizona history. Even after the win, fans remained in the stadium to celebrate together an amazing and improbable victory.

Even though USC was a loss the fans were there to help cheer the team into a position to win and help share the frustration of the loss. And because they stayed to watch USC it made the Washington game that much sweeter.

Now, last weekend, first off there is some bad information out there. There was not a mass exodus during half time. Large groups of people left the north and east sides of the stands to seek shade after sitting in the sun for 2 hours. The concourses on the north and east side were packed with people escaping the sun and cooling off before returning to the stadium for the second half.

I never saw a mass exodus from this game despite the fact that Washington outplayed Arizona most of the night. The crowd remained to cheer the defense as they kept as in the game and to try and coax one last score out of the offense.

Was everyone heading for the exit when Washington scored there last 1st down? Sure, but they turned right around and stood transfixed after Coach Peterson gave the Cats one last chance at the ball.

I don't know how it sounded in your car or living room or sports bar or wherever you watched the final 2 minutes of the game, but "Let it be" never sounded better than it did in Arizona Stadium sung by die hard Wildcat fans as they waited for the replay to confirm the ruling on the field.

In those final 2 minutes of the game the fans in the stadium got to experience a seasons worth of emotions. Defeat turned to hope and then almost immediately to triumph as Anu finally connected with a receiver in the end zone. Shit, on the line, OK, lets see if we can still win this. They groaned together when Casey kicked it wide right and celebrated as one when his second kick sealed a Wildcat victory.

A Wildcat win is always great, but it is even better when you are part of it as a cheering fan sharing the emotions with your team in person.

I am tired of hearing why people don't go to the games. Your choice and your loss. I do want to stand up for the fans that sacrifice their time to come cheer Arizona to victory. You make a difference in the games and in recruiting and are part of what is being built at Arizona Football.

Damn straight. I've been one of those who is there until the end whether the Cats are up 40 or down 40 and this season has been really sweet considering that I'm seeing those once-hopeless games turn into miracles. Oh, and Let It Be was awesome.
jimson

Post by jimson »

True, we did this because despite reported 75* temperatures, the first half sun was brutal.

Yes, great post. I apologize to DC and others, but I'm just beginning to find the fan criticism offensive and irritating and hell, I go to the games.

It's not as though some skepticism and reluctance to invest heart and souls isn't warranted, at least a little.

Like others have said, it seems to be a widespread issue beyond us and if we are really worse than most then we need to discover what's missing if it's not a history of success.
BuffCat

Post by BuffCat »

I have an undergrad degree from the UofA and a graduate degree from CU-Boulder. Have had CU season tickets since 1984. This is a very familiar topic.

CU and UofA are mirror images of each other - beautiful campuses, great weather, very similar academics and student bodies that come from California. And an inability to fill football stadiums in good years. I was at CU when it was winning Big 12 titles, playing on New Years Day and trotting out a Heisman winner. Still couldn't sell out Folsom Field.

Denver-Boulder is a bit different in that there IS a passion for football - it's just directed at the Denver Broncos, who just dominate the local sports pages during the fall. CFB takes a back seat - hell, it's on the freaking roof - to the NFL out here. CSU is having a very good year but its all Broncos all the time.

But the above posters are correct - Arizona, Colorado, California . . . beautiful states with a slew of things to do outdoors besides watch football. Both states also have transient populations that bring their home-town loyalties with them. And no, we don't live in Norman or Lincoln or Stillwater . . . or Texas. Where if you don't go to football games, you pretty much don't go anywhere. We love football. But it ain't church.

I've just learned to live with the reality and enjoy the games. A CU win would help.

Bear Down. Go Buffs.
jimson

Post by jimson »

I'd agree with everything but Norman. OU draws a significant portion of their fans from the OKC metro area where there is arguably more to do than in Tucson, including NBA.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Ang,

I have to say this was an outstanding post and summed up alot of what has been said.

I had driven down from the Phoenix area but we had a grandson who was celebrating a bday that day. rather than miss the game I "negotiated" with the family that we would be back by 6:30 thinking the game would be about 3 hours long.

Needless to say at 4:20 the 3rd quarter was just ending and I left the stadium right around when we cut it to 26-24. I ran back to my car and of course put it on radio a my wife and I drove home. We got to Marana when Anu got picked off and then we were about to Picacho when Udub got there last first down. I changed the station and thought it was over. a few miles down the road I turned back to the station and to my surprise Casey was lining up for the FG. It was nice to hear he made it but I knwo it did not match being there in person as I know how we celebrated after the "Hill-Mary".

That said I do get it when people say they have family events becaue they do come first. But I also get the committment i just for 6 or 7 weeks a year, which isn't much. Bottom line is we do have great fans and they support the cats with their heart and soul and this game was a perfect example of it.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

jimson wrote:I'd agree with everything but Norman. OU draws a significant portion of their fans from the OKC metro area where there is arguably more to do than in Tucson, including NBA.
Norman is part of the OKC metro region, and the Sooners have been the area's team since long before the Thunder. They also pull in fans from a lot of the state, from a lot of the small towns that dot the area, and these people have been going to games in Norman since long before the OKC metro really started to spread out. Sooner football is an outing more suited to the small town fans throughout the state because they can make a day of it; games are on Saturday, they can drive to Norman, tailgate, hang out with people and have a good time, watch a few hours of football and then go home. These people are far less likely to drive to downtown OKC on a weeknight for a two hour game. OU football doesn't compete with the NBA all that much. (BTW, there's not that much more to do in OKC than Tucson and the sprawl there is really hideous... Phoenix is a great city compared to OKC.)
jimson

Post by jimson »

azpenguin wrote:
jimson wrote:I'd agree with everything but Norman. OU draws a significant portion of their fans from the OKC metro area where there is arguably more to do than in Tucson, including NBA.
Norman is part of the OKC metro region, and the Sooners have been the area's team since long before the Thunder. They also pull in fans from a lot of the state, from a lot of the small towns that dot the area, and these people have been going to games in Norman since long before the OKC metro really started to spread out. Sooner football is an outing more suited to the small town fans throughout the state because they can make a day of it; games are on Saturday, they can drive to Norman, tailgate, hang out with people and have a good time, watch a few hours of football and then go home. These people are far less likely to drive to downtown OKC on a weeknight for a two hour game. OU football doesn't compete with the NBA all that much. (BTW, there's not that much more to do in OKC than Tucson and the sprawl there is really hideous... Phoenix is a great city compared to OKC.)
Well, I disagree, but I used to live there. It's bigger than Tucson and has more of everything.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

The posters who love to shout from the mountain tops 'I have/had a family function, so excuse me for picking family over football'............are either totally missing the point or intentionally dumbing down the discussion. No poster on this board who falls on the 'Tucson is a pathetic college football market' side of the equation (use me for example).........is insinuating that other posters/fans should be skipping:

- pre existing plans for family functions
- weddings
- Quincineras
- Barmitsvah's
- funerals
- family vacations
- wedding anniversaries
- child circumcisions

in order to be sure that they're inside of Arizona Stadium....and thus safely listed as a 'good fan'. The point that I, and a few others that agree with me, are trying to make is this: It would be really nice if those that are fans of University of Arizona football who live in Tucson, who do have the disposable income to be able to go, who have no other conflicting plans on Saturday X, Y or Z in the Fall.....would go to the stadium instead of watching the game on TV. And I think it's fair to say that in a metro area of 1 million people, there are 5k-7k people who fall in that category. Not asking for it vs. the UNLV's and NAU's of the world. But when you're #14 and playing a critical late season conference game....46k is embarrassing.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Agreed. I do think we do have great fans. They were awarded this year with some amazing in-person game experiences. "Let it be, let it be!" I will keep proselytizing because so many are missing out on the fan experience. Of course there are valid reasons not to go. No one is saying to ignore your child's bday to go to the game or spend your rent money on tickets....jeez. Bear Down!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

it just happens there's a select few uppity assholes that like to lord about their status as superior fans....that gets on the nerves.

i love going to games...but between other events with friends and family, travel, work scheduling...i would rarely be able to make it more than 1 or 2 saturdays a year so I usually just end up watching at home in comfort on my couch. I've gone to more away games the last 5 years as part of my traveling than home games unfortunately.
jimson

Post by jimson »

So has the calling out of fans actually filled any seats?
Maybe it would be better to discuss what game day additions or changes can be made because continuing the shame fest is just going to keep the shamer unhappy and piss people off.

If everything that can be done, has been done, then perhaps only winning will help.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

The entire Pima County area is about 1 million people. You are talking about 5% of the entire population to get 50,000 which is probably not an easy task. Parking is not fun in the University area and if you have kids, you have to buy a bunch of tickets or pay for a babysitter. It isn't that convenient to go to these games.

Now how many of the students even go to the games? Aren't there about 35,000 students? The student section is about what 2,500? Shouldn't these games be attended by a lot more students?

The games are all on TV. You can watch the games in high definition well broadcasted (except for Fox Sports) in the comfort of home without paying several hundred dollars.

If they want to fill the stadium, they have to make the games convenient in time, place, money and also comfortable. The only way they get around that is to put a product on the field that people don't want to miss. They haven't done that yet. RichRod may yet achieve that.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

The student section is about 8000-9000 now
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Daryl Zero wrote:The entire Pima County area is about 1 million people. You are talking about 5% of the entire population to get 50,000 which is probably not an easy task. Parking is not fun in the University area and if you have kids, you have to buy a bunch of tickets or pay for a babysitter. It isn't that convenient to go to these games.

Now how many of the students even go to the games? Aren't there about 35,000 students? The student section is about what 2,500? Shouldn't these games be attended by a lot more students?

The games are all on TV. You can watch the games in high definition well broadcasted (except for Fox Sports) in the comfort of home without paying several hundred dollars.

If they want to fill the stadium, they have to make the games convenient in time, place, money and also comfortable. The only way they get around that is to put a product on the field that people don't want to miss. They haven't done that yet. RichRod may yet achieve that.

2509 is for basketball, 9000 is for football.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

If I lived in Tucson I would have season tickets for everyone in my family, guaranteed! (Then again, since I don't it is all speculation, so I can say anything ... ;) ). You can be sure the athletic department is on the issue of attendance every day of the week.

Go Cats!!
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

The staff (I am not one) has been doing a lot to improve the game day experience. The North End Zone, Fan Fest, Wildcat walk, game monitors, sound system, FAN Alliance, cell reception, and the list goes on. It is not a shame fest if we are talking to the biggest fans on a board. It is opening a dialogue about what can be done to maximize attendance.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

they have done a lot to improve the game day experience. byrne has done his part I think. now we gotta win big. then i think we won't have a problem.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

UALoco wrote:The staff (I am not one) has been doing a lot to improve the game day experience. The North End Zone, Fan Fest, Wildcat walk, game monitors, sound system, FAN Alliance, cell reception, and the list goes on. It is not a shame fest if we are talking to the biggest fans on a board. It is opening a dialogue about what can be done to maximize attendance.
NEZ: Love it. Sat there for a mini-plan the last two years.
Fan Fest: Meh. I'd rather hang at Gentle Ben's up to game time.
Wildcat Walk: Meh, cuts into drinking time. :)
Game monitors: Thumbs up
Sound system: Improved, that's for sure
FAN Alliance: :? What is this?
Cell reception: I still can't get decent data connectivity at all
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

FAN Alliance is a group that they solicited volunteers for. It's kind of a focus group/suggestion board that the AD can get ideas from and bounce ideas off of.

Sound system is finally tweaked to where it needs to be from what I've seen. I'm in 201 and I hear everything fine. The bigger problem is that sometimes I sit with family down in 14, right under the video board and sound system, and the sound was just deafening. Couldn't carry on a conversation at all. But they've made big improvements on that the last several games.

Cell reception - both in 201 and 14 I am getting much, much better signal that I was before. My texts aren't timing out like they did last season. Also I hit Twitter a lot to see what the guys in the press box have (who's down with an injury on the turf, how does a replay look like it's going to go, etc.) and like I said, no problem. Running on Verizon here.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I'm using Sprint. It's better for sure. Last year everything timed out on my phone, even with what appeared to be a very strong signal. This year I can get data fairly consistently, but it's still slow as hell. I'd love to see free public wi-fi set up as many NFL stadiums now have enabled. Expensive I know. lol.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAdevil wrote:I'm using Sprint. It's better for sure. Last year everything timed out on my phone, even with what appeared to be a very strong signal. This year I can get data fairly consistently, but it's still slow as hell. I'd love to see free public wi-fi set up as many NFL stadiums now have enabled. Expensive I know. lol.
The UofA Public WiFi is available in the stadium, but I find it is less reliable than my AT&T wireless connection.
Gets overloaded a lot quicker.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I hate using the Boingo hot spot free wifi at Soldier Field. It serves you so many place-based ads that it renders your internet browser almost useless.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

UAdevil wrote:I'm using Sprint. It's better for sure. Last year everything timed out on my phone, even with what appeared to be a very strong signal. This year I can get data fairly consistently, but it's still slow as hell. I'd love to see free public wi-fi set up as many NFL stadiums now have enabled. Expensive I know. lol.
Oof. Sprint. That explains a lot. I had Sprint two years ago and it was tough slogging even sending a simple text message. UA Public Wifi is available in some parts of the stadium; I can't get it where I'm at in 201 but I have sometimes been able to get it in 14.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

azpenguin wrote:
Oof. Sprint. That explains a lot. I had Sprint two years ago and it was tough slogging even sending a simple text message. UA Public Wifi is available in some parts of the stadium; I can't get it where I'm at in 201 but I have sometimes been able to get it in 14.
Yeah, Sprint's not the best, that's for sure. I needed to go with them though for a couple reasons. 1) I work in a remote/rural area, Sprint actually has better data connectivity where I work (and live part time). 2) I have no internet when living out at work, so I am a data hog on my phone, Sprint offers unlimited data.
jimson

Post by jimson »

I upgraded to NEZ this year and it's a different world. The concession concourse beats the bowls of the stadium hands down.

Maybe the best thing we can all do is buy an extra ticket and take different guests each game, expose more people to all the work GB has done.

I just wish the Wi Fi worked better.

I can't stand the announcer's voice.

And let's dump the Zona Sway.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

pic.twitter.com/SHxhRAvugG

Big crowd in Tempe
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

jimson wrote:I upgraded to NEZ this year and it's a different world. The concession concourse beats the bowls of the stadium hands down.

Maybe the best thing we can all do is buy an extra ticket and take different guests each game, expose more people to all the work GB has done.

you mean you don't like when 'It's time for the Zonaaaaaaa Sawaaaaaay!!!!' ?
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Good For You wrote:
jimson wrote:I upgraded to NEZ this year and it's a different world. The concession concourse beats the bowls of the stadium hands down.

you mean you don't like when 'It's time for the Zonaaaaaaa Sawaaaaaay!!!!' ?
The football PA announcer's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Also has no sense of the game, uses the same tone and volume regardless of what actually happened on the field.
Formerly McLurvin
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

FSU has a crazy undefeated streak and was in a dogfight with BC and their stadium was half-empty (raining, but still). AZ fans actually show up pretty well compared with other schools across the country.

I also saw a graphic yesterday on ESPN, for highest average attendance this year by school, Michigan was on there still claiming 105,000 plus every week LOL. You know all those numbers are bullshit.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Too many years, too many crushed dreams. Even die hard Wildcat fans developed an "every damn time" attitude because each time we reached a high we were literally knocked on our asses back to reality.

Why does the casual fan want to go to a game when the die hards have lost hope?

But then came Rich Rod. A proven winner with a desire to redeem himself, his assistants and his system after being run out of Fichigan (muck 'em).

Underdog coach, staff, players, and town were a match made in football heaven. Why not Arizona?

The coach, staff and AD knew they could build a winner. Next they convinced the remaining players and incoming recruits. They recruited players who loved football knowing that would result in wins and make a town love football.

Last night was a great win and the most fun I have ever had at a football game, but it may also be a turning point in Wildcat football. The bar has been set. We can play for championships at Arizona and fans will flock to join us kool aid drinking idiots who have been sitting through every game for years.

HD TVs are great, but nothing can match the shared joy experienced in Arizona Stadium last night. Video boards, kiss cams and music are fine, but winning fills stadiums. Last night Arizona Football proved they are winners!

Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Days like yesterday are the first in a set of long steps to having us sell out every game.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:Days like yesterday are the first in a set of long steps to having us sell out every game.
We sold out every game with Poops on the sidelines.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great post Ang. When they played that video it was just so electric. The anticipation was so high.

I loved that most stayed for at least 30 minutes after the game just soaking it in. Then every bar and eatery was full after that and chants of UofA were being offered even at these public establishments.

RR and GB sold a lot of season tickets for next year yesterday. No more every damn time
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Days like yesterday are the first in a set of long steps to having us sell out every game.
We sold out every game with Poops on the sidelines.
No we didn't. We just sold out 2 games a year instead of one. The basketball team was down during a lot of that time too.

jimson

Post by jimson »

ANGCatFan wrote:Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Too many years, too many crushed dreams. Even die hard Wildcat fans developed an "every damn time" attitude because each time we reached a high we were literally knocked on our asses back to reality.

Why does the casual fan want to go to a game when the die hards have lost hope?

But then came Rich Rod. A proven winner with a desire to redeem himself, his assistants and his system after being run out of Fichigan (muck 'em).

Underdog coach, staff, players, and town were a match made in football heaven. Why not Arizona?

The coach, staff and AD knew they could build a winner. Next they convinced the remaining players and incoming recruits. They recruited players who loved football knowing that would result in wins and make a town love football.

Last night was a great win and the most fun I have ever had at a football game, but it may also be a turning point in Wildcat football. The bar has been set. We can play for championships at Arizona and fans will flock to join us kool aid drinking idiots who have been sitting through every game for years.

HD TVs are great, but nothing can match the shared joy experienced in Arizona Stadium last night. Video boards, kiss cams and music are fine, but winning fills stadiums. Last night Arizona Football proved they are winners!

Maybe, just maybe I was there on the night Tucson became a football town.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Really interested to see how next year turns out.

Home slate:
UCLA
Utah
Oregon St
Washington St
UTSA
NAU
sf25

Post by sf25 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Really interested to see how next year turns out.

Home slate:
UCLA
Utah
Oregon St
Washington St
UTSA
NAU
Even with the current year's momentum, it'll take some good marketing to get some of those games above 50,000.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

scumdevils86 wrote:Really interested to see how next year turns out.

Home slate:
UCLA
Utah
Oregon St
Washington St
UTSA
NAU
UCLA in week four is crucial. Lose that game, and Every Damn Time might set in.

Oregon State plays Michigan, Stanford, SJSU & an FCS team before heading to Tucson. Could easily be undefeated there.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Sage&Silver wrote:
Oregon State plays Michigan, Stanford, SJSU & an FCS team before heading to Tucson. Could easily be undefeated there.

No they won't. :)

ntOSU always drops a deuce in the Pac-12 non-con SOS pool before the start of the season.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lame Georgia Tech cooged it against Georgia
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

what?

they missed the FG? don't have SECN
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Lame Georgia Tech cooged it against Georgia
Oh Shit hahahaa
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Sage&Silver wrote:

No they won't. :)

ntOSU always drops a deuce in the Pac-12 non-con SOS pool before the start of the season.
I guess this year counts as taking an upper-decker. :D

Oregon State
Conf: 2-6
OOC: 3-0
GoCats13

Post by GoCats13 »

The concept of the Zona Sway is fine if people would just do it. But announcing it and putting it up on the board makes it sound too contrived. And the announcer is v rey annoying. He sounds a bit like a strip club announcer.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

adding alcohol and improving concessions and bathrooms would give an auto boost of 5k people per game. we already average about 49500 a game under RR. alcohol and nicer amenities would make us closer to sellouts every time.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:adding alcohol and improving concessions and bathrooms would give an auto boost of 5k people per game. we already average about 49500 a game under RR. alcohol and nicer amenities would make us closer to sellouts every time.
I would assume alcohol is more about liability than puritan beliefs. I think the tide is headed that way, but there's a downside.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:adding alcohol and improving concessions and bathrooms would give an auto boost of 5k people per game. we already average about 49500 a game under RR. alcohol and nicer amenities would make us closer to sellouts every time.
I would assume alcohol is more about liability than puritan beliefs. I think the tide is headed that way, but there's a downside.
it's worked great for baseball. attendance for baseball games has almost tripled since it went to where alcohol was served.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

It was tweeted that Byrne said they have less in-stadium accidents at football games where alcohol is served since the college kids don't need to binge drink beforehand.

Back in "my day", there was no issue with bringing in your own alcohol to Arizona stadium as long as there was no bottles or cans.