2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: 2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by Chicat »

Testes
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

testes 2
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Hmm. Sql issue seems non replicable as yet...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

This tweet was post-FSU visit. He also retweeted a pretty pro-UofA tweet.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Speights picked up a Tennessee offer Wednesday. Going to be a fascinating recruitment to follow. I wish Texas would get in the mix.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

the real dill wrote:Speights picked up a Tennessee offer Wednesday. Going to be a fascinating recruitment to follow. I wish Texas would get in the mix.

Stay away you!!!!! :!:
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Trevor Speights sounds bullish on staying an Arizona commit. Just did a Q&A with TX sports site. Guess he was just on UA campus again. Parents sound like they favor UA. Thought there were some good takeaways in here (Patterson, RichRod education stds, "special place")

http://956sports.com/go/blog/2014/10/20 ... -watch-qa/
956sports.com: Congrats on getting the call from Tennessee tonight. How does it feel to have an SEC school call you up and make the offer?

Trevor Speights: Thank You, I have been playing varsity football for 2.5 years so to be recognized by the UT feels great!

956sports.com: Is this your first offer from an SEC school?

TS: Yes

956sports.com: You went to Arizona last week, and this week you’re going to TCU. You’ve been to Florida State and now the offer from Tennessee. How does it feel to be courted like this?

TS: To have the interest of some of the best college programs in the country, I feel truly blessed!

956sports.com: Did Tennessee offer you a visit to Knoxsville?

TS: Yes they told me that I will have tickets waiting for me every game day.

956sports.com: Ok, there is this elephant in the room. Shea Patterson decommitted to Arizona. You two are really good friends. Some people think you guys want to end up at the same place. Is that a possibility?

TS: Me and Shea are great friends and would love to play together one day but we both have come to realized that we have to make the best decision for us as individuals. He may end up doing the right thing and become a wildcat again!

956sports.com: Your parents love Arizona because of their stance on education. In fact, I heard that when you were there one of the players was finishing his homework right before kickoff. Is that true? How much does education play into the whole thing?

TS: Yes, I was pretty impressed. This guy was about to play one of the most important games of the season and he’s sitting at a computer fully dressed in game gear finishing an assignment; which I guess not finishing it meant he wasn’t going to be eligible to play by Coach Rod’s standards. Education will play a big role in my recruiting.

956sports.com: Now when i was a freshman in high school, I asked a girl to homecoming and she said “yes” (of course, who wouldn’t want to go with me). But a few days later she told me she wanted to go with my best friend Ben. Is Arizona me, and is there a Ben in your future? If you know what i mean…..

TS: That’s funny. As you know me and my parentst were out in Arizona last week, which was my second trip. To me its a special place.

956sports.com: Last question, Greg and I have been talking about how you could become the best ever running back ever in the valley. How does that feel, and does it resonant for someone as young as you?

TS: For me its just an honor to be mentioned as potentially one of the best backs, personally I just want to get better day to day, week to week and year to year
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks for posting RazorsEdgeAZ.

One question-aren't education stds what you get at ASSU? :D
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Justin Holt is pretty much a lock imo. Gonna be good.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Guys when we talk about our football team getting better, it all starts with getting kids the caliber of Trevor Speights and Justin Holt.

Man I hope we can hang on to those two. Having said that, I have no illusions about Shea Patterson ever coming back to Arizona as a serious matter. I know that you never say never with this staff, but my gut tells me hes moved on with the SEC offers.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

From Rob Cassidy at Rivals with an observation:

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I knew something was going to be different in recruiting when RR made that push to bring in Devin Fuller. 4 star QB from the east coast, not the type of thing UA would normally push for, especially late in the cycle. Doesn't matter, he went after him anyway. Fuller ended up going to UCLA and is playing receiver there but it showed that the staff isn't afraid to compete with anyone for quality recruits.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

catinfl wrote:Justin Holt is pretty much a lock imo. Gonna be good.
would love for him to grow a couple more inches...tall that is
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Reydituto wrote:
the real dill wrote:Speights picked up a Tennessee offer Wednesday. Going to be a fascinating recruitment to follow. I wish Texas would get in the mix.

Stay away you!!!!! :!:
Tennessee is a non-factor. Now if FSU, Texas A&M, and Auburn get into the mix that'll make it interesting
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

ANGCatFan wrote:From Rob Cassidy at Rivals with an observation:

Just going by Rob Cassidy's use of the Rivals ranking system to write his comments and avoiding the argument of coach's development of recruits ... I'm still worried and surprised at progression of this years class. Pretty safe bet Arizona won't stay or climb from the #21 2015 ranking.

Rivals show Arizona with 23 commits. More than most of the schools currently ranked below them. The 23 commits gives Arizona much closer to their final "points" they're ranked by than those other schools will end up with and in many cases still have much less commits (points) at this point.

In the Pac12, Rivals shows Arizona with most commits thus far. Next closest is Utah at 17 commits. At this point in Rivals rankings (points), Arizona 4th best/ranked class in Pac12. Except all the other Pac12 Schools still have more commits (points) to fit in their class to catch and pass Arizona in rankings.

Rivals has Arizona with a 2.86 star average. Only Utah, Ore St and Colorado in Pac12 right now have a lower star average.
[Scout currently has Arizona ranked 34th nation, 6th in Pac12, 2.74 star average]

Just adding context to Cassidy's class rankings comments
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

I would imagine everyone around here is well aware of this phenomenon having lived through last year's class. I would expect to see a little more shuffling before we are all said and done.

Anyone who runs a 4.4 40 is welcome to the University of Arizona. So welcome aboard Shun Brown.

Apparently WR Clive George's is no longer on team. He seems to have really fallen off since early last year. Anyone know the story here?
Last edited by whatisee on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

whatisee wrote:I would imagine everyone around here is well aware of this phenomenon having lived through last year's class. I would expect to see a little more shuffling before we are all said and done.

Anyone who runs a 4.4 40 is welcome to the University of Arizoan. So welcome aboard Shun Brown.

Apparently WR Clive George's is no longer on team. He seems to have really fallen off since early last year. Anyone know the story here?
Georges just isn't that good he was in teh mix last year because of the lack of depth of WR he was never going to see the field this year. Also Shun Brown might project better on defense. That's two recruits who are recruited at slot, but can move to defense and be successful there if necessary (Cedric Peterson
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but did Holt commit already? Loved both Julius and Richard when they played here in the '80s.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

catgrad97 wrote:Sorry if I'm late to the party, but did Holt commit already? Loved both Julius and Richard when they played here in the '80s.
Justin Holt? He is down to us and ASSu.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

azgreg wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Sorry if I'm late to the party, but did Holt commit already? Loved both Julius and Richard when they played here in the '80s.
Justin Holt? He is down to us and ASSu.
Doesn't have an asu offer yet and his parents are pushing UofA. It'll happen eventually.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Looks like UA has interest in this 2016 QB. Scout NR / Rivals 3
Lefty.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Speights picked up an offer from Mizzou today.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Looks like UA has interest in this 2016 QB. Scout NR / Rivals 3
Lefty.

That's my boy. He's gonna be a good one.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Chief! Long time no see.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Hey everyone. Mucho gusto
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Devon Modester visited UA for the Washington game. Probably the top QB on the board at this point and seemed to enjoy his visit.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

catinfl wrote:Devon Modester visited UA for the Washington game. Probably the top QB on the board at this point and seemed to enjoy his visit.
First offer.

Lively arm:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2706747/hig ... /167784377
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Matt Moreno @MattGOAZCATS
2016 Phoenix (Ariz.) Brophy Prep defensive end recruit Connor Murphy says Arizona has offered him tonight — http://goaz.me/1zRANbj
ExpandReplyRetweetFavorite

6-7 DE!!! Sign me up!!!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:
catinfl wrote:Devon Modester visited UA for the Washington game. Probably the top QB on the board at this point and seemed to enjoy his visit.
First offer.

Lively arm:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2706747/hig ... /167784377
ASSU offered him!
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Assu has beat us out for our top QB's on the board two years straight time to change that.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

catinfl wrote:Assu has beat us out for our top QB's on the board two years straight time to change that.
Damn Straight!
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

catinfl wrote:Assu has beat us out for our top QB's on the board two years straight time to change that.
Could having to play (or not play) behind Anu have something to do with that?

Go Cats!!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Do we know if this seasons success has started to pay dividens with the 2016 Class?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Justin Holt DL Salpointe
Jacob Brown WR Paradise Valley
Daniel Bridge-Gadd QB Paradise Valley
Connor Murphy DL Brophy
Walker Adams LB Brophy
Chase Lucas RB/ATH Chandler
Kyeler Burke RB Chandler
Garrett Rand DL Hamilton
Isaac Steele CB/ATH Centennial
Marshal Nathe OL Centennial
Steven Bailey OL Centennial
Bozton Sanders LB Centennial
Justice Summerset FS Marana Mt. View
Spencer Lewis OL Red Mountain 
Alex Hunter ATH Liberty
Justin Mandrola LB Pinnacle
Justin Ksiazek LB Salpointe

CatinFl asked me to come over here and drop a list of in state guys who UofA will target and/or look closely at.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Hey welcome HHM, don't be a stranger. From that list who do we have the best shot at?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

My daughter went to middle school with Summerset. Good kid, very athletic but needs to put on some serious weight to play D1 ball.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

azcat49 wrote:Hey welcome HHM, don't be a stranger. From that list who do we have the best shot at?
Thank you sir... I miss talking football with you. Scheer has been good to me over at Scout and I mainly post there on the Premium board.

In all honesty all those kids are realistic and it just depends on who the staff prioritizes. I would say a class of Connor Murphy , Steven Bailey, Marshall Nathe, Justin Holt (he's a lock), Isaac Steele, Jacob Brown, N'Keal Harry and Chase Lucas (least likely) would make a HUGE statement about how important in state recruiting is to our staff.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

HHM....wow, to paraphrase Marcellus Wallace, I feel better already. Please feel free to post more!

Interesting no Chaparral kids on that list....I don't follow HS football closely so that might not seem unusual to you, but it caught my eye....nobody "Arizona good" there in this class?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

azthrillhouse wrote:HHM....wow, to paraphrase Marcellus Wallace, I feel better already. Please feel free to post more!

Interesting no Chaparral kids on that list....I don't follow HS football closely so that might not seem unusual to you, but it caught my eye....nobody "Arizona good" there in this class?
Oversight on my end... I really like DE Brandon Jamison from Chap. I'd say Arizona will be right there with him.

You'll also here the names Kurt Shugart S and Christian Skeptaris TE/WR.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

HHM, welcome back. Good to see ya around these parts.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

azpenguin wrote:HHM, welcome back. Good to see ya around these parts.
Thank you!! Can't promise I'll be posting here too often... I'm pretty active over on the Scout premium though.

I need to add Mason Moran to the 2016 list... somehow I left him off the original (sleep deprivation). He'll play QB this year for Chandler HS after sitting behind Perkins. He is also a terrific FS.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Please promise us...! Please! :)
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

HeHateMe wrote:Justin Holt DL Salpointe
Jacob Brown WR Paradise Valley
Daniel Bridge-Gadd QB Paradise Valley
Connor Murphy DL Brophy
Walker Adams LB Brophy
Chase Lucas RB/ATH Chandler
Kyeler Burke RB Chandler
Garrett Rand DL Hamilton
Isaac Steele CB/ATH Centennial
Marshal Nathe OL Centennial
Steven Bailey OL Centennial
Justice Summerset FS Marana Mt. View
Spencer Lewis OL Red Mountain 
Alex Hunter ATH Liberty

CatinFl asked me to come over here and drop a list of in state guys who UofA will target and/or look closely at.

Thank you HHM. There's only a few guys I'm familiar with on that list. Holt is as close as a lock that we have in 2016. He went to the Army All American combine and did well and won DL MVP one day. Would be a good pickup to get the ball rolling for 2016. Really want Chase Lucas. I don't really understand why these kids don't consider Arizona seriously. Chase would get his here and would be playing for an explosive offense, but likely he won't even sniff us. No K'Neal Harry? I know Rand is pretty good friends with Eldridge, but every-time I see Hamilton or Saguaro I immediately give up on the prospect.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

I can't believe I completley missed this, but apparently we have a commit from Florida named Oshea Grant. 6'1 180 ATH
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

catinfl wrote:I can't believe I completley missed this, but apparently we have a commit from Florida named Oshea Grant. 6'1 180 ATH
He tweeted out himself that he had committed to AZ some weeks ago. Waited for Dudek to send out a ontothenextone tweet but it never came. Not all the services are showing he is committed. Just not sure...
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Yeah Don't think he's committed.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

From the looks of it this class will be a LB heavy class. Who are we looking at?

What are our chances on Justin Holt for this class? Who's watched him play?

How are we looking on the AZ kids?
Walker Adams LB Brophy
Last edited by whatisee on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

whatisee wrote:From the looks of it this class will be a LB heavy class. Who are we looking at?

What are our chances on Justin Holt for this class? Who's watched him play?
Very good chance
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

So is Calvin Bundage the younger brother of Cayman? How are we doing with him? Has all the makings of a big time LB in college. He's a 6'3" 200lb Safety right now.

http://247sports.com/Player/Calvin-Bundage-77213
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

We've offered 6'3" 275 lb Auburn, AL OG Tyler Pritchett. He's a 3*

http://recruiting.scout.com/player/6805 ... -pritchett