License To Thrill

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TuiTouchdown

Re: License To Thrill

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Hate to bump this thread, but wanted to post a pretty amazing video done by Nike with the Oregon Ducks. It's not a one-to-one comparison, since it wasn't produced by the school. But you can see that this easily could have been a promotional piece for the university. This is where the bar is set when I look at the videos our team puts out.

http://youtu.be/iOEgDbdjj2s
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yawn ok
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Naaaaawwwwww, I like our FUN videos much better. Nice try though Tui, although I do suspect you are professionally correct that it was better done but I am also sure it cost 50X what the video guru's budget would be.

Oh and F anything Oregon and Nike
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
prh

Post by prh »

According to the top comment, this was shot last January and was going to be released if they won the national championship. Wonder if they'd have showed up to play vs OSU if they hadn't taken the time to shoot it. Much prefer our videos as well.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Hate to bump this thread, but wanted to post a pretty amazing video done by Nike with the Oregon Ducks. It's not a one-to-one comparison, since it wasn't produced by the school. But you can see that this easily could have been a promotional piece for the university. This is where the bar is set when I look at the videos our team puts out.

Let me know when we have Oregon and Nike's budget.

What we have done with media accomplishing the department's mission publicity wise with close to no resources is astounding.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
TuiTouchdown wrote:Hate to bump this thread, but wanted to post a pretty amazing video done by Nike with the Oregon Ducks. It's not a one-to-one comparison, since it wasn't produced by the school. But you can see that this easily could have been a promotional piece for the university. This is where the bar is set when I look at the videos our team puts out.

What we have done with media accomplishing the department's mission publicity wise with close to no resources is astounding.
I guess it all depends on what your definition of success is. All I'm saying is our videos can be better.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
FightWildcatsFight wrote:

I guess it all depends on what your definition of success is. All I'm saying is our videos can be better.
Sure. Can we get Bruckheimer to make them? Maybe get Bruce Willis to play RichRod?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Does that mean ASU's are going to be produced in Van Nuys?
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

MrBug708 wrote:Does that mean ASU's are going to be produced in Van Nuys?
Zing!!!

(anybody who gets that joke is a dirty SOB like me.)

p.s. not sure if everyone is aware (didn't see it mentioned) but Animal House was filmed at UofO & the surrounding area, so the tie-in makes sense.

Which means, there's only one way for us to respond.

NERDS!!!!!! (starring Rob Gronkowski as Stan Gable).
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Meh, nice cars all of them. But where the heck was the Aston-Martin? Don't they sell them in the US. They are currently the most beautiful range of production cars on the planet and Americans don't get to own them? What is the country coming to?

Thanks Obama.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.