Another one bails out.
Merkin

Re: New Media and College Football

Post by Merkin »

:D
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Good article here on the failures of Larry Scott and the PAC 12 to keep up with Big 10 and SEC. Larry came in with fresh perpectives, but he has downright failed to deliver on his talk. PAC 12 with 12 million viewers vs. 60 mil for SEC and Big 10 networks. Our schools only getting $1m a year when Larry promised much more than that:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ ... spartandhp" target="_blank
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Bump. I've added the twitter feeds for the new members of the coaching and recruiting staff to the original post.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Did not know where to put this.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

For me personally, it's been much harder to catch most U of A games on TV since the PAC 12 network was formed. Sucks and I don't think that was the vision.

I'm sure there are many fans in the PAc12 that now find it harder to see most their team's games. Hope Byrne and the other AD's are well aware of this.

From my lonely fan's perspective, the Pac 12 network's creation has been a bust.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

now that i've cut the cord it really blows. i can see pretty much every sec/acc/big 10/big 12 game since i have access in some way or another to FS1, fox, abc, espn, espn2, espnu, espn3, cbs, nbc and the big ten network. buuuut the pac 12? nope. i'll watch less pac 12 football than anything else this season more than likely.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

scumdevils86 wrote:now that i've cut the cord it really blows. i can see pretty much every sec/acc/big 10/big 12 game since i have access in some way or another to FS1, fox, abc, espn, espn2, espnu, espn3, cbs, nbc and the big ten network. buuuut the pac 12? nope. i'll watch less pac 12 football than anything else this season more than likely.
The P12N only carries games the above carriers do not want. There aren't any fewer games on national TV. The difference from years past, when it comes to low profile games, I don't have to call around to find out who actually has ESPN-whatever or FoxSports-whatever or CBS-whatever. Now it's all just basic cable.

I'm a cord-cutter too... sort of. I just call the cable company every August and cancel in January (or March depending on how good Miller's group is). If you are under contract, just tell them you'll be on vacation or sabbatical. They'll just cut you off and pause your bill until you "get back to town".

I get people are upset that it isn't available on every platform nationwide, but four years in and people still act like you need to travel to the Vatican to seek permission. If you want something, go get it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Sage&Silver wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:now that i've cut the cord it really blows. i can see pretty much every sec/acc/big 10/big 12 game since i have access in some way or another to FS1, fox, abc, espn, espn2, espnu, espn3, cbs, nbc and the big ten network. buuuut the pac 12? nope. i'll watch less pac 12 football than anything else this season more than likely.
The P12N only carries games the above carriers do not want. There aren't any fewer games on national TV. The difference from years past, when it comes to low profile games, I don't have to call around to find out who actually has ESPN-whatever or FoxSports-whatever or CBS-whatever. Now it's all just basic cable.

I'm a cord-cutter too... sort of. I just call the cable company every August and cancel in January (or March depending on how good Miller's group is). If you are under contract, just tell them you'll be on vacation or sabbatical. They'll just cut you off and pause your bill until you "get back to town".

I get people are upset that it isn't available on every platform nationwide, but four years in and people still act like you need to travel to the Vatican to seek permission. If you want something, go get it.
I shouldn't have to. The Pac 12 should be at least as competent as every other conference to be able to make its channel actually available.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Robert A Booey

Post by Robert A Booey »

I ordered Sling TV for the PAC 12 network. Much better picture quality than the free online sources and it has a button to skip forward 30 seconds so you can skip through the commercials fairly easily. Pleased so far.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

If anyone is interested this guy has a bunch of Arizona football games on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5z6VAvwsoO" target="_blank
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Thanks azgreg. Just watched the 86 game against UCLA. Total collapse. Leading 18-0 at halftime. Lost lead late in 4th quarter 24-18. Retook lead 25-24 with little over 3 minutes left on a 3rd and 8 halfback pass by David Adams. Then let UCLA off the hook defensively by giving up first down on 3rd and 20 deep in UCLA territory. A few plays later Gaston Green takes a pitch out from about 30 yards out and runs it into the end zone with 43 seconds left. UCLA wins 32-25. Flipper Anderson, Chuck Cecil, Sean Harris, Derek Hill, all future NFL players, played in this game.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ALASKACAT wrote:Thanks azgreg. Just watched the 86 game against UCLA. Total collapse. Leading 18-0 at halftime. Lost lead late in 4th quarter 24-18. Retook lead 25-24 with little over 3 minutes left on a 3rd and 8 halfback pass by David Adams. Then let UCLA off the hook defensively by giving up first down on 3rd and 20 deep in UCLA territory. A few plays later Gaston Green takes a pitch out from about 30 yards out and runs it into the end zone with 43 seconds left. UCLA wins 32-25. Flipper Anderson, Chuck Cecil, Sean Harris, Derek Hill, all future NFL players, played in this game.

I was there in the Rose Bowl with a bunch of my college friends. Makes me sick to this day.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Not to mention Mel Farr, Jr. First game I wondered a tiny bit about Larry Smith.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PAC-12 Network is getting ready to play the 1986 Aloha Bowl vs N Carolina.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

First bowl win ever. David Adams did it all in that game.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I've updated the original post. Let me know who else needs to be added or taken off. The new links are in the original post, but here is a list of who I've removed:

Twitter
@AZ_Matty_D
@Greg_Byrne
@CoachD_AZ (Donte Williams)
@KylanButler

Forums
Wildcat Sports Report
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sid

Post by Sid »

azgreg wrote:
Freaking outstanding name for a BBQ joint!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Updated original post. Let me know if I am missing any good sources of Arizona Football news and information.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ANGCatFan wrote:Updated original post. Let me know if I am missing any good sources of Arizona Football news and information.
FYI Wildcat Country is off the air for now. They said they hope to get podcast only going again in the future but their work schedules dont allow them to do it anymore. But the McKale and Arizona Stadium PA Jeff Dean and ABC15's Shane Dale fill in a decent on 1580 here in Phoenix. 1580 also has Eric Cohen who is a UA grad from 1-3 and lots of the texters on 1580 are UA fans and grads with some inside info dropped every now and then
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion