71 Days Coach Donte' Williams

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cordera89

Re: 71 Days Coach Donte' Williams

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
azgreg wrote:it depends on who we get to replace him and then we'll have to re-recruit these kids.
But their another problem with on who is going to replace him because Next Season is so critical and possible out of the job in one season.
Fuck it then. Shut the whole thing down.
It not about shutting the whole thing down. All RR and the staff has to do is either Keep the class intact over his departure or Go out and recruit other prospects that they have eyes on. RR can replace him with another good DB coaches but he wont find another Ace Recruiter like Williams.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UALoco wrote:
uacat540 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
uacat540 wrote:Uh, you sir are wrong. Its Greg Johnson, Thomas Graham, Potentially Darnay Holmes. Those guys going this late in the game doesnt open Arizona up for other high quality guys. It opens Arizona up to be fucked...and thus RR's final nail in the coffin.
It Open the door for RR and the Staff to go out and recruit other high quality prospects. This isn't a nail in the coffin in our recruiting. If you want him gone that bad because of one fucking staff member left for another school and possible ruin our best class. Then don't watch a single Arizona Football game Next season. Get over it, It not fucking big deal, Let them go out and recruit, We still have a long way before National Signing Day.
I see you dont believe in logic. This one "fucking staff member" brought it recruits that Arizona never had a chance with under the previous coaches that were fired. I do not think its a reach to think the following: Donte was the reason why Johnson was coming here, and potentially 3-4 other guys. When he leaves, those guys leave with him and no longer look at Arizona. Thus, Donte made Arizona attractive to high caliber recruits and with him gone, its back to the cellar we go. RR has not recruited well at Arizona, the minute Williams comes on, recruiting picks up. When he leaves, what gives you the hope we can keep those guys or get in on guys that are equivalent?
debating cordera is like debating a bowl of soup
Just shut up, DW leaving isn't a big deal, None of those recruit sign their Letter of Intent. So our staff can either do keep the class intact or go out and recruit. If you cant understand that, why are you a fan to begin with.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Every time I read a cordera post, the scene with Jules from Pulp Fiction pops into my head....."English MF, Do you Speak it".

I should know better, but trying to decipher your most recent post you are saying if we are good fans we should not be concerned with losing our top recruits? And then go on to explain that the staff can try to keep the players committed, who are likely to follow Donte or go try and find new players. And if we don't get that we should not be fans? I think everyone gets our options, however our concern is losing our top recruits and replacing them with the best available at this point without deep connections with other programs which are borderline D1 caliber players. Another recruiting class like that is only going to dig the hole deeper for the future, which is all we have to look forward to at this point.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

oh my
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

gronk4heisman wrote:Every time I read a cordera post, the scene with Jules from Pulp Fiction pops into my head....."English MF, Do you Speak it".

I should know better, but trying to decipher your most recent post you are saying if we are good fans we should not be concerned with losing our top recruits? And then go on to explain that the staff can try to keep the players committed, who are likely to follow Donte or go try and find new players. And if we don't get that we should not be fans? I think everyone gets our options, however our concern is losing our top recruits and replacing them with the best available at this point without deep connections with other programs which are borderline D1 caliber players. Another recruiting class like that is only going to dig the hole deeper for the future, which is all we have to look forward to at this point.
Then Learn how to read instead of insulting my comment dumbass. DW leaving don't mean anything. I'm going to keep saying this, All RR and the staff can and should do is, Keep the class intact or Go out and recruit to replace those that our about to be decommited. Very simple if you had a hard time don't understand that. Do you want to try to insult my comment again?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

feisty
uacat540

Post by uacat540 »

cordera89 wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:Every time I read a cordera post, the scene with Jules from Pulp Fiction pops into my head....."English MF, Do you Speak it".

Then Learn how to read instead of insulting my comment dumbass. DW leaving don't mean anything. I'm going to keep saying this, All RR and the staff can and should do is, Keep the class intact or Go out and recruit to replace those that our about to be decommited. Very simple if you had a hard time don't understand that. Do you want to try to insult my comment again?
Do you honestly believe that Rich Rod and staff can recruit guys like that (high 4 stars, if they were Alabama bound, they would be 5 stars)? You seem to think that guys that never sniffed Arizona before just decided to start looking our way because...i have no idea why. Williams leaving is huge, it idiotic to say "it dont mean anything" because that guy.

Ambry Thomas-"Donte Williams. That's my guy, for real. He's just real and he helped me out with a lot of stuff. If he was closer this whole decision would've been over, but he's all the way out there in Arizona. I'm still going to give him a shot though."

Now please try to tell me how a guy of his caliber would look at Arizona without Williams? I dont think you understand that Arizona isnt in the place to just recruit, its in a place where it has to fucking recruit its ass off, more than ever before because the talent is shit. You were the one who kept saying its a 5-7 or 6-6 type year. Losing Williams means its a 3-9 year again, we are so fucking weak on the corners and back field that RR cant save it but just going out and replacing those guys...because the good ones are gone.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:feisty
Feisty? nope not really, I'm in good mood. It funny that some people lost all confidence in the recruiting because of one assistant. Which isn't a big deal but it big deal to them.

Now reality will say? These kids didn't sign their letter of intent with us, RR and the Staff can keep the recruiting class intact or They can go out and start recruiting to replace those that are about to decommit It very simple to understand that. But some of you think it very funny.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Calm down Cordero. You get more slack then most around here. We get it. You support RR and staff through thick and yhin. Many of us just disagree
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You know a thread has reached critical mass when Cordera is calling people names and telling them to learn to read his unintelligible rambling.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

uacat540 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

Do you honestly believe that Rich Rod and staff can recruit guys like that (high 4 stars, if they were Alabama bound, they would be 5 stars)? You seem to think that guys that never sniffed Arizona before just decided to start looking our way because...i have no idea why. Williams leaving is huge, it idiotic to say "it dont mean anything" because that guy.

Ambry Thomas-"Donte Williams. That's my guy, for real. He's just real and he helped me out with a lot of stuff. If he was closer this whole decision would've been over, but he's all the way out there in Arizona. I'm still going to give him a shot though."

Now please try to tell me how a guy of his caliber would look at Arizona without Williams? I dont think you understand that Arizona isnt in the place to just recruit, its in a place where it has to fucking recruit its ass off, more than ever before because the talent is shit. You were the one who kept saying its a 5-7 or 6-6 type year. Losing Williams means its a 3-9 year again, we are so fucking weak on the corners and back field that RR cant save it but just going out and replacing those guys...because the good ones are gone.
Don't give me that BS like I don't know a damn thing about Arizona Football Program being Shitty for year and not having little to no sustain success in years. DW is a good coach and good recruiter and he's left our program for Nebraska and you acting like he was best thing that can ever happen to Arizona, What you don't understand is did DW get those recruit to sign with Arizona? Let me say this again so you can understand, Did DW get those recruits to sign their Letter of Intent to University Of Arizona?

When is National Signing Day and when does it end? I expect RR and the staff to either Keep the recruiting class intact or Go out and recruit and replace those that decommited. We are going to get what we can get if it mean not were not going to have the best class we all thought we were going to have. It not about DW, It about the whole staff on what they can do to salvage what was once a promising recruiting class to be shatter by DW leaving for Nebraska. Why it not a big deal because they haven't sign LOT to us and we still have a lot of time to make up lost ground in recruiting.

My expectation are low, My prediction are low. So 5-7 or 6-6 is my prediction if were healthy team. We got a lot of guys coming back next season with game time experience. I expect an improve season from our 3-9 season. So your going to blame Arizona downfall next season for not winning and improving because of DW and you call your self an Arizona fan. Go cheer for DW at Nebraska if you miss him that much.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:Calm down Cordero. You get more slack then most around here. We get it. You support RR and staff through thick and yhin. Many of us just disagree
I'm not getting mad at all, I'm disagree on what being said and care less of what being said to me. I'm just not yawl.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:You know a thread has reached critical mass when Cordera is calling people names and telling them to learn to read his unintelligible rambling.
Why do you think it is Chi? Because I don't care what being said on my part or others and I can write whatever I want and comment when ever I want if agree or disagree of what being written. But if someone going to insult my comment or couldn't understand what been written? then that person has a deep problem that he couldn't read or understand it on his own.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Well, this sucks. If Cordera thinks that we will be able to replace DW's recruits with players of the same caliber, well I have some great beachfront property to sell him in Phoenix. I guess we will be looking at another 3-9 season next year.
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

Questioned the ability to maintain the 2017 class as it is but losing Williams would only make it worse. Too late in the game to make a hire and salvage the class. If DW is Nebraska-bound that should all but seal RRs fate at UA.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

WildcatStunner wrote:Well, this sucks. If Cordera thinks that we will be able to replace DW's recruits with players of the same caliber, well I have some great beachfront property to sell him in Phoenix. I guess we will be looking at another 3-9 season next year.

Really man, that what you think, Well your going to eat those words when the team improve from the 3-9 season. If you don't want to believe that then keep on making this silly jokes for no apparent reason.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

BMalo wrote:Questioned the ability to maintain the 2017 class as it is but losing Williams would only make it worse. Too late in the game to make a hire and salvage the class. If DW is Nebraska-bound that should all but seal RRs fate at UA.
Why is RR fate will be sealed over one assistant coach, If he leave for Nebraska, then he leave for Nebraska, Their is nothing RR can do at this point. The only thing he can is find someone to replace him at DB coach, Try to Keep the class intact, Go out and recruit. That all they can do.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That's right Cordero, own this thread, it's yours. Most if us are going to bed but stay vigilant because Puerco will be getting up soon along with Bankock Wildcat and they may have some negative thoughts on this topic YOU posted for debate
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

UofA Football 2017: Death by OKG :lol:
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

cordera89 wrote:
BMalo wrote:Questioned the ability to maintain the 2017 class as it is but losing Williams would only make it worse. Too late in the game to make a hire and salvage the class. If DW is Nebraska-bound that should all but seal RRs fate at UA.
Why is RR fate will be sealed over one assistant coach, If he leave for Nebraska, then he leave for Nebraska, Their is nothing RR can do at this point. The only thing he can is find someone to replace him at DB coach, Try to Keep the class intact, Go out and recruit. That all they can do.
Move along folks. Nothing to see here. Everything is just fine. Big smiles now, everyone. Big smiles for the camera! :D :D :D

We're screwed. DW leaving will turn our eventually avaerage recruiting class into a gigantic steaming turd, which would be on par for RR.

And cordera... For Christ's sake, now I realize that the thoughts in your head must be as incoherent as the words you write. Your posts make no sense whatsoever.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:You know a thread has reached critical mass when Cordera is calling people names and telling them to learn to read his unintelligible rambling.
Why do you think it is Chi? Because I don't care what being said on my part or others and I can write whatever I want and comment when ever I want if agree or disagree of what being written. But if someone going to insult my comment or couldn't understand what been written? then that person has a deep problem that he couldn't read or understand it on his own.
No one understands half the stuff you write because your writing is incredibly hard to understand. I get it that English isn't your first language, and I applaud you for conversing with us despite that, but sometimes you mangle your sentences so much that after reading them four or five times I just have to give up and move on.

As for RichRod, who would you suggest he hire to replace Williams who would bring along with him the type of recruits we are about to lose?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Move along folks. Nothing to see here. Everything is just fine. Big smiles now, everyone. Big smiles for the camera! :D :D :D

We're screwed. DW leaving will turn our eventually avaerage recruiting class into a gigantic steaming turd, which would be on par for RR.

And cordera... For Christ's sake, now I realize that the thoughts in your head must be as incoherent as the words you write. Your posts make no sense whatsoever.
Yup keep making the same ole, same ole script like I not heard this before time and time again. But hey I'm looking forward to next season to our team improve, while you and the outcast group can sit here and debate on how shitty Arizona Football is as a whole.

With or Without DW, He didn't get one of these commit to sign to The University of Arizona. Our Staff can either Keep the class intact or they can go out and recruit. If that hard for you and the outcast group to basically understand that? then I advised you all to not watch a single game next season but then again you will be watching Arizona Football games anyway.

I'm done talking.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Interesting that ADS reported UA admin wasn't aware of Donte Williams and Nebraska until Friday afternoon. Maybe found out when we did (and that it leaked). Anyway, that would cause a scramble but what a phone call that must have been.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
No one understands half the stuff you write because your writing is incredibly hard to understand. I get it that English isn't your first language, and I applaud you for conversing with us despite that, but sometimes you mangle your sentences so much that after reading them four or five times I just have to give up and move on.

As for RichRod, who would you suggest he hire to replace Williams who would bring along with him the type of recruits we are about to lose?
Give me a break chi, Everyone on this broad will make that excuse on why they cant read what I wrote or understand it. They just don't like what being told or disagreement. But that ok because I could care less of what you and the rest of outcast group think.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

No, everyone on this board agrees that your posts are grammatically crippled to the point of incoherence, cordera.

If everybody agrees on that, maybe the poor communication is your problem. Not everyone else's.

You said you "were done talking" and then proceed to respond to Chicat, for the latest example.

It goes beyond having that one opinion the rest of the group disagrees with. It lacks any logical consistency, starts to make your posts completely meaningless and gives everyone a headache.

(Not to mention the reflection on our football fanbase as one so dismissive of reality it attacks fellow fans to preserve that dubious "right").
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Cordera, you constantly said this season that we had no hope and ASU was going to crush us. Then you said that RichRod was doing a poor job and was going to be fired after next season. Literally at the same time you were making those posts, you were posting others criticizing the people who wanted RR gone now. And now you're criticizing people who believe Dontae was crucial to the future of the team.

Problem for me is that you're criticizing everyone else, but I feel confident saying that not a single one of us knows what you believe, what you care about, or what is important to you regarding UA football.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

What an entertaining thread.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

Give me a break chi, Everyone on this broad will make that excuse on why they cant read what I wrote or understand it. They just don't like what being told or disagreement. But that ok because I could care less of what you and the rest of outcast group think.
No, I'm telling you that your posts are really hard to understand sometimes.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sometimes?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

He was gone yesterday.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Adios good recruits.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:Adios good recruits.
Never really had them anyway.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco you should just left this alone as best you could.

Yes I did said we were going to lose to ASU base on team performance leading up to the game.
The beat down at WSU 69-7? Oh don't get me started with that game. I criticize the holy hell out RR in that game on way we play and wonder was that the game that was going to get him fired.
Yes I did criticized others because it his first losing season. Why fired a coach with 4 of 5 winning season.
Now the DW Chaos? What said is what. He didn't get these kids to sign with Arizona after one season and Just found out that He just accept it Nebraska offers. So now RR and Staff are going to have to find a way to keep the class intact and go out and recruit without him.
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

Saw a guy outside this thread holding a sign that read "The End Is Near".
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Now let see if our the staff can stop the bleeding and go out and recruit.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
EDIT

Here is why; Rich Rod supposedly bought himself some extra time by bringing in Yates and Williams, a sign that he was willing to make "the tough call" to fire his best friend for the betterment of the program (translation: cut loose his buddy to save his own ass and protect his bank account). They were supposedly going to improve recruiting and make our program better - and we neede to give them time to deliver on that promise.

If one of the reasons he was buying himself time leaves... The time he bought himself evaporates.

Now... if you think this team coming off a 3-9 campaign in year 5 of this regime is going to pick up a bunch of high level recruits in the late stages of recruiting... Be my guest. And move to CA, CO, NV, OR, or WA so you can smoke your ganja legally.

Including his retention incentive, we are paying him $3,5-$4MM per year to go 3-9 in year 5 (and according to your expectations) 5-7 in year 6. That is INSANITY.

You want to "reset the clock" and simply show improvement from a 3-9 season. I want to hold the coach accountable for the slide leading up to the 6-6, 3-9 seasons - and he better surprise to the upside or he should be gone.

If you were advising RR, he should have gone 0-12 this year so that the bar would be lowered to simply "show improvement".

20-26 in conference over 5 years. That is what we are paying $4MM+ per year for... Give him credit for his "winning seasons" by beating a bunch of glorified high school teams in the OOC if you wish... I am not going to.

But then again I am neither related to the coach nor do I have a poster of him in my bedroom.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Harv, the highest paid coach in the PAC 12 is Chris Petersen at $3.6 MM. RR clocks in at actual cost to the AD at $2.2 MM, which is basically just above McIntyre who is the lowest paid coach in the PAC at $2 MM.

Check your facts before claiming we are paying RR almost twice what we are in your rants, but why let facts get in your way.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey What is Arizona Entire History in Football Base on? Little by Little Unsustain Success.

Harvey, I will bet that RR and his staff will get this team back on track next season if you like it or not. You can still beat that dead horse to death, But at the end of the day, RR is still HC of Arizona. If you want to blame somebody? Blame Byrnes. I don't care if he making 4 million to coach, He suffer his first losing season in year 5, It football deal with it, You cant expect to win them all. And the only thing he can do is go out and recruit, develop, and hope of a healthy football team ready to play.

Just admit you want to see this Football Team Failed Next Season. No disrespect to you but just say it.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Williams' pay at Arizona was $215,000. The guy that Nebraska just fired was making $450,000. One first year assistant there makes $250,000, and the rest make at least $300,000. Word is that they were offering him a fat raise. Haven't seen how much but he's likely looking at increasing his pay by 50% or more.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

azpenguin wrote:Williams' pay at Arizona was $215,000. The guy that Nebraska just fired was making $450,000. One first year assistant there makes $250,000, and the rest make at least $300,000. Word is that they were offering him a fat raise. Haven't seen how much but he's likely looking at increasing his pay by 50% or more.
If this is just about money than shame on the AD for not matching the offer. A couple hundred K is not that much in the grand scheme of things. Players are the life blood of a program, and since you are saving money not paying them you should pony up and pay the guy who is going to bring them to you.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Supposedly he wanted another 200k and a multi year contract to stay at AZ. If you are GB you are not going to do that for a corner back voach. Imagine if you shit can RR next year and you and you owe 2 coordinators and a position coach. Not gonna happen
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

The coordinators are on two year contracts, this year and next so they are off the hook for them. And would keeping Donte Williams for two years under a new regime really be a bad thing? Coaches are worth the money if they are adding to your team. I would be fine paying Harbaugh, Meyer, or Saban $10M in a heartbeat because they return is ten fold. Were talking $200K, which really isn't that much in the college football landscape. Hell, just making the Las Vegas bowl covers that increase vs. making no bowl.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

First, you set a precedent that other assistants could demand. While we give multi year cotracts for the coordinators we haven't done that for assistants.

He has moved on. Sucks but I do think that points more to maybe his character and the fragility of our program then anything else. Time to just see what happens
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

My understanding is that most assistants don't even want multi-year contracts since it ties them to team as a position coach denying them promotional positions at other schools.

Thought that was true for coordinator positions too. Was Casteel the first UA OC to receive a multi-year contract? Or was it Stoops' first OC? Both had no future as a head coaches.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azcat49 wrote:Supposedly he wanted another 200k and a multi year gontract to stay at AZ. If you are GB you are not going to do that for a corner back voach. Imagine if you shit can RR next year and you and you owe 2 coordinators and a position coach. Not gonna happen
Either way it Nebraska were talking about. We were paying him 215K on a what 1 or 2 year contract?. Byrne probably gave him a raw deal and Nebraska out bid the deal. Their nothing that RR can do about it, Their nothing that Byrnes can do about it and their damn sure Arizona as a whole cant do anything about it. We just got to move on.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

gronk4heisman wrote:The coordinators are on two year contracts, this year and next so they are off the hook for them. And would keeping Donte Williams for two years under a new regime really be a bad thing? Coaches are worth the money if they are adding to your team. I would be fine paying Harbaugh, Meyer, or Saban $10M in a heartbeat because they return is ten fold. Were talking $200K, which really isn't that much in the college football landscape. Hell, just making the Las Vegas bowl covers that increase vs. making no bowl.
Do you think that Arizona can out bid Nebraska? Your saying like Arizona has Deep, Deep, Deep Pocket in order to make that deal happen.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

cordera89 wrote: Do you think that Arizona can out bid Nebraska?
Not even close...Nebraska is a football state, and within that state resides Berkshire Hathaway where they print money for fun
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

It was just recently Merk. I would imagine the wording is much different in those multi year contracts for assistants then the head coach though.

I think this situation is going to tell us a lot about RR as a recruiter. Remember when Dykes left and Stoops didn't reach out to that QB recruit then then changed to TCU. I would hope RR has been pounding the phone along with Dews and the rest of them.

Hopefully RR has been on the phone this morning with White from SDSU and is working on getting him in here quick.
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

whatisee wrote:
cordera89 wrote: Do you think that Arizona can out bid Nebraska?
Not even close...Nebraska is a football state, and within that state resides Berkshire Hathaway where they print money for fun
That my point, Arizona wasn't going to outbid Nebraska in Money wise just to keep one assistant.