Texas Tech @ Arizona Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Texas Tech @ Arizona Discussion

Post by azcat49 »

Ok, so some really late money moved it to -1.5 Tech. Late injury, conflicts on the team or staff, PAC performance today?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Who's this defensive team in the blue jerseys?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

That drive to finish out the 3rd quarter (and then score in the 4th quarter) of 14 plays for 75 yards that ended in a TD after using 6:11 of game time.

Followed by that drive in the 4th quarter of 13 plays (ALL RUNS) for 99(+) yards that ended in a TD after using 7:10 of game time.

I honestly can not remember the last time we had 2 drives back to back like that. Been a real long time.

Plus the Defense really came to play also.

Most impressive finish to a Wildcat football game that I've seen in a long, long time. Tech knew we were running it every play and still couldn't stop us.
Even the drive to finish out the clock was impressive in that they still couldn't stop us.

Well done Wildcats.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

When was the last time we won TOP? Tonight 34:52 to 25:08. Nice.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yes those 2 drives back to back were unlike anything I've seen in Arizona football the last 17 years.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Honestly that was probably our best defensive performance since our win at Utah in 2014 (last year's win over Oregon is close too).
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Bend don't break I guess. 411 yards given up but 2 turnovers and dominated the TOP.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

For a change it was the other team sucking wind at the end and having the ball rammed down their throat. I did like this game. I heard Marcel Yates is going to church tomorrow and he may even put a dollar or two in the collection plate.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

If this is what Sumlin wants his era to be I'm all for it. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us play so much. The question is can we play this good consistently, and against good Pac teams?

Or more immediately, dog shit Pac teams? :lol:

Seriously though, great win and I'm going to enjoy this.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great win and nice to see the defense rise up. We ran it down their throats and played to our strength. Hopefully we do this the rest of the year and control the clock
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Could not’ve picked a better game to attend this season. Never thought smash mouth would work against Texas Tech, much less on a 99 yard drive to wear out the Raiders defense. Lot of fun last night watching a new style of Arizona football emerge.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I watched on TV, and it was this unfamiliar feeling of Arizona playing like a team I wouldn't want my team to play against. Tough and smart on both sides of the ball. There were three occasions where previous Arizona teams would have fallen apart and started to get rolled, but each time we held our composure, stuck with the effective playbook, and turned it around.

The only moment that felt familiar was the blown snap on the extra point attempt.

And the only familiar pattern is my usual naive hope that this performance should indicate how the team plays in future weeks.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

A friend is driving in from San Diego for the UCLA game. Since I’ll be attending the game, I’m sure the transitive property of football will prove meaningless yet again. We should roll UCLA, but life just doesn’t work that way.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

scumdevils86 wrote:Yes those 2 drives back to back were unlike anything I've seen in Arizona football the last 17 years.
Did you forget ths ASU game where we disn’t Throw a pass in the 2nd half and still beat them? Legend
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

whatisee wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Yes those 2 drives back to back were unlike anything I've seen in Arizona football the last 17 years.
Did you forget ths ASU game where we disn’t Throw a pass in the 2nd half and still beat them? Legend
Those were all big hitting quick strike drives. 99 yard 13 play 7 minute drives of just shoving it down their throats are magical.