Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:I wonder what are some of the other differences between Florida St football and Arizona football.
For Machina:

3 national championships
3 Heisman trophy winners
18 conference titles
218 All Americans

From 1987 to 2000 FSU never lost more than 2 games in a season during the Bobby Bowden era.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

And they are still getting their asses kicked. Are the fans not doing the war chant loud enough?

Step it up Seminoles!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
azgreg wrote:I wonder what are some of the other differences between Florida St football and Arizona football.
For Machina:

3 national championships
3 Heisman trophy winners
18 conference titles
218 All Americans

From 1987 to 2000 FSU never lost more than 2 games in a season during the Bobby Bowden era.
So Arizona is the fairest of the fair weather fans?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAEebs86 wrote:And they are still getting their asses kicked. Are the fans not doing the war chant loud enough?

Step it up Seminoles!
I doubt the FSU fans let VT fans buy thousands of seats and let them be louder than them
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm almost to the point where I hope we never really fill the stadium, just so it pisses Machina off forever.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:And they are still getting their asses kicked. Are the fans not doing the war chant loud enough?

Step it up Seminoles!
I doubt the FSU fans let VT fans buy thousands of seats and let them be louder than them
Troll
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Well VT is making a lot of noise now from the visitors section
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:

Step it up Seminoles!
Well, VT fans were just louder than FSU fans and mocking the war chant.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:Well VT is making a lot of noise now from the visitors section
Yeah because the stadium is empty because if the awful play by the Florida State program. Not the fault of the FSU fans, 100% the fault of the product on the field.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Step it up Seminoles!
Well, VT fans were just louder than FSU fans and mocking the war chant.
ESPN said that there were pretty much only VT fans in the visitors section not the rest of the stadium unlike the thousands of BYU fans at Arizona Stadium outside of the visitors section on Saturday. Also at the end if the game and not throughout the game.

At least it won't happen to the Southern Utah game
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:

Step it up Seminoles!
*Machina cancels plans to adopt ASU as his new favorite fanbase*
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I wish the other team would bring 15k fans. It would infuse our AD with cash. If we do what we are supposed to do on the field our fans will be louder.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Say what you want, but I like when teams schedule PlayStation like non conference match ups. It’s been quite a while for Arizona, Iowa?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Say what you want, but I like when teams schedule PlayStation like non conference match ups. It’s been quite a while for Arizona, Iowa?
We have Texas Tech, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech and Nebraska all on the schedule over the next 10-14 years as of now.

blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

PHXCATS wrote:BYU fans making more noise than UA fans. Tucson should be very ashamed
Been lurking here long enough to think you oughta STFU. You think you will singlehandedly shame Tucson into filling that stadium with rabid fans? You remind me of Sundevil fans in Tucson who have no connection to that school but think it's "cool" to be against the hometown team, only you are against the hometown fans.

When things look promising we do fill the stadium, only to have Lucy pull the ball out from under us, over and over again. No championship tradition at all and the fans have been disappointed too many times to believe it's even possible here and aren't going to invest until they see evidence that it is.

and....everyone is totally sick and tired of your take on the subject.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Cool story bro errr fair weather jacker
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

blackjacker wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:BYU fans making more noise than UA fans. Tucson should be very ashamed
Been lurking here long enough to think you oughta STFU. You think you will singlehandedly shame Tucson into filling that stadium with rabid fans? You remind me of Sundevil fans in Tucson who have no connection to that school but think it's "cool" to be against the hometown team, only you are against the hometown fans.

When things look promising we do fill the stadium, only to have Lucy pull the ball out from under us, over and over again. No championship tradition at all and the fans have been disappointed too many times to believe it's even possible here and aren't going to invest until they see evidence that it is.

Great first post, welcome to an active part of the community!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

The answer to the original question is Saturday (which should be obvious for anyone who thinks logical). I actually ended up purchasing tickets for me and a friend last minute. To open the season with a dud, doesn't get me that excited to purchase again. Not a fair weather fan at all, and though I make a solid salary, my money isn't unlimited and I have other things I would like to spend my money on as well as bills. Keep in mind, CFB is ran like a business nowadays and to get tickets, cost money. Not everyone is going to be able to afford to go to a game. So you choose; spend money on a mediocre product as well as time 3+ hours or pick something else. I mean, it's really not that hard to understand.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

cats101 wrote:The answer to the original question is Saturday (which should be obvious for anyone who thinks logical). I actually ended up purchasing tickets for me and a friend last minute. To open the season with a dud, doesn't get me that excited to purchase again. Not a fair weather fan at all, and though I make a solid salary, my money isn't unlimited and I have other things I would like to spend my money on as well as bills. Keep in mind, CFB is ran like a business nowadays and to get tickets, cost money. Not everyone is going to be able to afford to go to a game. So you choose; spend money on a mediocre product as well as time 3+ hours or pick something else. I mean, it's really not that hard to understand.
Oh it is definitely not hard to understand for 99.9% of us :lol:
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
cats101 wrote:The answer to the original question is Saturday (which should be obvious for anyone who thinks logical). I actually ended up purchasing tickets for me and a friend last minute. To open the season with a dud, doesn't get me that excited to purchase again. Not a fair weather fan at all, and though I make a solid salary, my money isn't unlimited and I have other things I would like to spend my money on as well as bills. Keep in mind, CFB is ran like a business nowadays and to get tickets, cost money. Not everyone is going to be able to afford to go to a game. So you choose; spend money on a mediocre product as well as time 3+ hours or pick something else. I mean, it's really not that hard to understand.

Very easy to understand. I mean, even on this board, interest has already waned. Less than 20 hours to game time and still no official game thread.

What IS hard to understand is --- Why hasn't Machina been banned again?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

BBQ wildcat wrote:....I mean, even on this board, interest has already waned. Less than 20 hours to game time and still no official game thread....
That's got less to do with interest and more to do with my general lack of online time (I dont have a phone I do this from, only computer)

It's up now though
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BBQ wildcat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Very easy to understand. I mean, even on this board, interest has already waned. Less than 20 hours to game time and still no official game thread.

Arizona football has a strong "here we go again" aspect to it. All promise goes up in flames sooner or later. We hit the "here we go again" vs BYU.
prh

Post by prh »

blackjacker wrote:

Hear hear!!
BBQ wildcat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Yeah I don't get it either. Like 5 warnings in the last 2 weeks.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

BBQ wildcat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Soon as we were down 28-10, my interest in the season dropped like 80%. If we somehow rattle off the next 3 wins and possibly beat USC then I'll be back on board but the team has to earn my trust anymore.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:Image
Says the guy who refuses to support the basketball program...

We really have to ban you ASAP.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:

I refuse to pay for a practice yes. I go to the PAC-12 tournament every year, go to at least one game in Tucson every year and go to the U of A game in Tempe every year at a minimum. Also help raise thousands of dollars for the school. What about you big guy?

So yeah, you are completely wrong as usual.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I refuse to pay for a practice yes. I go to the PAC-12 tournament every year, go to at least one game in Tucson every year and go to the U of A game in Tempe every year at a minimum. Also help raise thousands of dollars for the school. What about you big guy?

Oh don't bring up Arcadia tavern again. I like how you say big guy like you're trying to to be mean or intimidating. Yawn. I watch games and I go to them when the program earns it. Just like any reasonable dedicated fan does. The amount of money you have doesn't prove how good of a fan you are.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Oh don't bring up Arcadia tavern again. I like how you say big guy like you're trying to to be mean or intimidating. Yawn. I watch games and I go to them when the program earns it. Just like any reasonable dedicated fan does. The amount of money you have doesn't prove how good of a fan you are.
Never once did I say or imply anything about money. You are the one calling me out and you were wrong as per usual. I also watch every game on TV. So you are incredibly wrong as you almost always are. Try not too fail too hard this weekend guy.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:Never once did I say or imply anything about money.
Uhhhhh.....
PHXCATS wrote:I refuse to pay for a practice yes.
PHXCATS wrote:Also help raise thousands of dollars for the school.
You’re special Machina. Very very special.
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:
Uhhhhh.....
Holy shit somebody get him the fuck outta here already
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

prh wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Uhhhhh.....
You know damn well what the context was if that statement. The money I spend and or raise has nothing to do with my level of fandom. I was simply proving how much of a fail Haters post was about me.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I try to only act like a jerk online sometimes. Where does that land me?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
prh wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Uhhhhh.....
You know damn well what the context was if that statement. The money I spend and or raise has nothing to do with my level of fandom. I was simply proving how much of a fail Haters post was about me.
Are you fucking kidding???

That’s exactly why you posted what I quoted. To show your level of fandom. Stop trying to gaslight people.

Next you’re going to try and say there’s some difference between being a supporter and being a fan, am I right? FOH
prh

Post by prh »

When we ban machina, if we donated the value of our collective time that we don't waste any longer because of him, we could fund every project the athletic department has ever dreamed of.

Machina's existence on this forum is detrimental to the finances of our athletic department.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

PHXCATS wrote:Cool story bro errr fair weather jacker
You need to look somewhere else than an annually disappointed fan base to buck the national apathy trend.
prh

Post by prh »

blackjacker wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Cool story bro errr fair weather jacker
You need to look somewhere else than an annually disappointed fan base to buck the national apathy trend.
Did that get removed? I haven't seen that one. I hope it was in response to me because even in Utah, I've still done more than go to one away and one home UA event per year.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like Houston is struggling as well.
blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

This game should help. LOL
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

There are going to be 25-50 people there for Southern Utah.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

The better original question might have been: Why would anyone ruin a perfectly good Saturday by going to AZ Stadium?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This game answers the question.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bet the 6,000 new season ticket holders and trying to dump them as fast as they can for whatever they can get.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Wonder where machina is
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Should be a full house next week.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Bet the 6,000 new season ticket holders and trying to dump them as fast as they can for whatever they can get.
Fuck them if they are. Dont need more fair weather fans
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Guess it wouldn't matter. University already got their money. No one is going to this game and I wouldn't blame them. Crap opponent. Crap Product. Crap attendance.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:Bet the 6,000 new season ticket holders and trying to dump them as fast as they can for whatever they can get.
Fuck them if they are. Dont need more fair weather fans
Are you sure?

Machina wants the stadium filled, but only with the ...... right people.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

To answer the question posed in this thread's title:

BECAUSE WE SUCK.

Just in case the question wasn't answered yet in the responses...
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion