The ASSu Scum Devils Discussion & Predictions Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

The ASSu Scum Devils Discussion & Predictions Thread

Post by azgreg »

Since this announcement:
It's as good a time as any to start this thread.
UAEebs86

Re: The ASSu Sea Gerbils Discussion & Predictions Thread

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck ASU.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Dammmnnnn that's impressive. Over two weeks early. Win this one and 2015 ticket sales will be brisk.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Nice, quickest sellout I can remember. I assume the scummies bought a few tickets with their recent success.

Wanna hold out until the game approaches for a prediction......
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I would love to see a 9-2 top 10 Arizona take on a 10-1 top 5 ASsU for the South title. Would be the biggest Territorial Cup game ever.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

scumdevils86 wrote:I would love to see a 9-2 top 10 Arizona take on a 10-1 top 5 ASsU for the South title. Would be the biggest Territorial Cup game ever.
At the cost of wishing success on the scum, I would love for the Cup to be for the south every single year. That sort of thing can only be good for the state and the conference.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

splitsecond wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:I would love to see a 9-2 top 10 Arizona take on a 10-1 top 5 ASsU for the South title. Would be the biggest Territorial Cup game ever.
At the cost of wishing success on the scum, I would love for the Cup to be for the south every single year. That sort of thing can only be good for the state and the conference.
Truth!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

splitsecond wrote:

I feel the exact opposite. I would love ASU to suck fat chode at every turn. Last in the conference in everything every year would be what I would love.

Fuck ASU and all that they are.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Yeah...no. I get the play for the South title - enhance the rivalry...but I'm too "old school"

Rooting for Arizona and anyone playing ASSU kinda of a fan. I've mellowed over the years, but my body/heart always react favorably when devils losing or lose.

I'd much rather dominate them year in-year out.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:
splitsecond wrote:

I feel the exact opposite. I would love ASU to suck fat chode at every turn. Last in the conference in everything every year would be what I would love.

Fuck ASU and all that they are.
Agree, fuck ASSu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yep. I would prefer they were 0-11 every year and us 11-0 going into that game. Don't care whatsoever if ASU is good. There's only one true university in this state and we can be the sole flag bearer for the state of Arizona in athletics.
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

cats101 wrote:Nice, quickest sellout I can remember. I assume the scummies bought a few tickets with their recent success.

If that's the case I really hope they're in the nosebleeds behind their band. I really hope I see no yellow in the lower sections. Keep them up there so they don't stink up the stadium.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

krissyp wrote:
cats101 wrote:Nice, quickest sellout I can remember. I assume the scummies bought a few tickets with their recent success.

If that's the case I really hope they're in the nosebleeds behind their band. I really hope I see no yellow in the lower sections. Keep them up there so they don't stink up the stadium.
If I'm not mistaken, the visitors section is in the SW corner of the stadium.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:
krissyp wrote:

Byrne made that section smaller and moved most of it and the opponent's bands to the east side upper deck south corner.
-JB
devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Yep. I would prefer they were 0-11 every year and us 11-0 going into that game. Don't care whatsoever if ASU is good. There's only one true university in this state and we can be the sole flag bearer for the state of Arizona in athletics.
This is pretty funny. How many wine coolers have you had tonight? For your benefit, I sure hope that was the alcohol talking......

PS....I will be in attendance at the Litter Box for the game.......got my bear mace and hardhat ready for anything the unruly masses bring my way!!!! DEVILS!!!!
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
krissyp wrote:

Byrne made that section smaller and moved most of it and the opponent's bands to the east side upper deck south corner.
Good, maybe he can continue moving them to the second level of the parking garage.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

At the CU game I got the honor of sitting next to Dick Tomey and a few seats down was Trubg Candidate.

I asked Coach how we might fair against ASSU and he didn't hesitate to say thst he thought we would be OK in that one.

I asked Trung if he could come back and get 300 yards against ASSU and he smiled and said, "I better get that in the first quarter".
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

scumdevils86 wrote:Yep. I would prefer they were 0-11 every year and us 11-0 going into that game. Don't care whatsoever if ASU is good. There's only one true university in this state and we can be the sole flag bearer for the state of Arizona in athletics.
I agree with the overall sentiment, but it would take a lot of the excitement out of the season. The anticipation for the rivalry game is half the fun. If ASU had nothing to lose every year, and we had nothing to win, what's the point?

This is the way it will be from now on in basketball. They seem destined to be in the lower third of the conference, and Miller brings in classes filled with 5 star players. ASU will have nothing to lose, and the Cats nothing to win. If we don't blow them out by 30 every game people will say we're slipping. Regardless, our guys will slap ASU silly and not give them a second thought on our way to some FF's and NC's. Took a few years to get back to Lute's domination, but all is now right with the cosmos.

Go Cats!!
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

I want them to lose every conference game they play in every sport by a score of 1000-0.

Having said that, if they're going to be relevant.....having the game be for additional stakes does add some extra spice. It's win-win - If ASU loses before the TC game, I get schadenfreude. If we hang their 2nd loss on them, their tears will be exceptionally sweet.

I'm just hating the fact that this is an early game the day after Thanksgiving. Still, I'll be there....25th straight year....
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

fuck asu and fuck cracker
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

azthrillhouse wrote:Still, I'll be there....25th straight year....
WOW. 25 straight.

Spectacular...
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

It comes down to this. If the offensive lines pick up the blitzes and Anu can stay calm we have a great chance to win the game. If Nick Wilson is 100% for asu I have no doubt we win.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've only been to the ASU games in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2012.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
azthrillhouse wrote:Still, I'll be there....25th straight year....
WOW. 25 straight.

Spectacular...
Spectacularly old..... :-) Started sophomore year and never stopped.....
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

I fear that the announcement of the sellout coming right after asu beat Notre Dame to get to 8-1 and a #6 ranking......means that most of the late push in ticket sales came from those who will be wearing mustard and maroon. Oh yeah, and black. Oh yea, and copper too. There's gonna be a lot of scummies in attendance and it won't just be contained to the visitors section.

How does it work with the student section for this game when it falls on Thanksgiving? Did a certain percentage of those seats go on sale to the general public?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Anyone selling any tix? Need a pair that aren't ridiculously expensive.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
cats101

Post by cats101 »

HaCats wrote:I fear that the announcement of the sellout coming right after asu beat Notre Dame to get to 8-1 and a #6 ranking......means that most of the late push in ticket sales came from those who will be wearing mustard and maroon. Oh yeah, and black. Oh yea, and copper too. There's gonna be a lot of scummies in attendance and it won't just be contained to the visitors section.

How does it work with the student section for this game when it falls on Thanksgiving? Did a certain percentage of those seats go on sale to the general public?
Yes the Zoo was exclusive to students until the first game and then they went on sale to the public and about 1/3 students reserved. There seemed to be a push after the Oregon game from students maybe changing their mind as they put tickets back on sale for students. However, the Zoo has been sold out for about 2 weeks which means there probably won't be many mustard shirts in The Zoo. I still expect to see some in there like last time, which is never a good idea.

They were going pretty quick before asu beat ND but I think that def pushed majority of the remaining tickets. Doesn't mean all will be asu fans, some could be neutral observers or UofA fans.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

catinfl wrote:It comes down to this. If the offensive lines pick up the blitzes and Anu can stay calm we have a great chance to win the game. If Nick Wilson is 100% for asu I have no doubt we win.

Worth holding him out until that game just to make sure. Even if we win out the chances are slim to none that we make the championship game.

Go Cats!!
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Got 50 yardliners in the ZOO with my wife, brother, and sister in law. Three of the four of us are alumni. The youngest of us is 51. Should be fun!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
cats101

Post by cats101 »

carcassdragger wrote:Got 50 yardliners in the ZOO with my wife, brother, and sister in law. Three of the four of us are alumni. The youngest of us is 51. Should be fun!
Saw some randomly pop up, which was odd, maybe some one retuned, or they added more to squeeze more people in.

Zoo is general admission, FYI
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I don't believe it is general admission for this game.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So...been meaning to ask, what the hell is a Sea Gerbil?

I've heard a lot of different "bad" nicknames for ASsU (and assu happens to be my preferred one) but I've never heard Sea Gerbil before :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PieceOfMeat wrote:So...been meaning to ask, what the hell is a Sea Gerbil?

I've heard a lot of different "bad" nicknames for ASsU (and assu happens to be my preferred one) but I've never heard Sea Gerbil before :lol:
I've heard it ever since they switched from a pitch fork to a trident.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azgreg wrote:

ahhhh gotcha
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

azgreg wrote:

That does not make any sense whatsoever, but if it floats your boat.....I think on November 29th, can you call us three time Territorial Cup Champs? Much better ring to it.....
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

devilswin99 wrote:
azgreg wrote:

That does not make any sense whatsoever, but if it floats your boat.....I think on November 29th, can you call us three time Territorial Cup Champs? Much better ring to it.....
Trident:

Pitchfork:

See the difference?

Remind me again how many more wins over you guys we have in football, basketball, and softball?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And baseball
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Football: 47-39-1.

Current school year, in head to head games all sports UA is up 12.5 points to 5.5 for ASU.

http://www.territorialcupseries.com/
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Got my tickets. Dad, brother & my oldest daughter (17) will all be attending with me near the 30 yard line in the Zoo. I've already informed my party that sitting is forbidden & anyone who has a voice afterward will need to find another ride North.

Go Cats!!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:And baseball
Thank you. I knew I was forgetting 1.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I think the way you beat that blitz is you overload one side and roll the QB out keeping the RB in to chip the blitzer. Then when they adjust you slip the RB through the line for a short pass over the middle.

But what the fuck do I know. I get paid to sell advertising, not coach football.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I love weekends like this btw. Oh and Fuck ASU.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I predict that after the game the asu coach will take a flight and a day or two later a mass text to asu players or maybe he will pull a a stunt like Lebron to Miami.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

lmao :lol:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That picture is the Asu fan base in a nutshell
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Other than ASUHATER!'s sig, you know what we haven't had in this thread in a day and a half?

Fuck ASU
-JB
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I've seen some crazy shit in my day but I have no idea what could even be going on with those ASU fans at that moment. And there are jorts aplenty, funny stuff.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That is DW99 going into the dumpster after his own fans turned on him.

What stadium is that in the background?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion