Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Why can't we consistently fill AZ Stadium?

Post by Merkin »

:D

prh

Post by prh »

Merkin wrote::D

I actually clicked through to read that "article." Really painful, had to click through each entry. It seems like they just looked up each stadium on trip advisor and then threw them in random order. Arizona Stadium was not on there, but probably should have been.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

prh wrote:

I actually clicked through to read that "article." Really painful, had to click through each entry. It seems like they just looked up each stadium on trip advisor and then threw them in random order. Arizona Stadium was not on there, but probably should have been.
Between the north end zone expansion, the zona zoo renovation, the new sound system and concessions, Arizona stadium definitely doesn't belong on that list. Our attendance problem is strictly a how good the program is issue.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
prh wrote:

Between the north end zone expansion, the zona zoo renovation, the new sound system and concessions, Arizona stadium definitely doesn't belong on that list. Our attendance problem is strictly a how good the program is issue.
You mean having too many fair weather fans
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Or...maybe having a shitty product...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAdevil wrote:Or...maybe having a shitty product...
You do realize that supporting the program only when they are good is the exact definition of fair weather fan right?
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

PHXCATS wrote:
You do realize that supporting the program only when they are good is the exact definition of fair weather fan right?

Bottom line is that winning puts butts in seats. I know there's fair weather fans with every program, not just ours. My problem is I prefer watching from the comfort of home rather than driving to the stadium for a late start knowing I won't get home until very late. I always want to watch Arizona games but admit I don't usually feel energetic enough to actually go to the games. I don't know if that makes me a fair weather fan but I'll admit the better the product the more likely I'll actually go to a game. I think most people are that way.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

PHXCATS wrote:
Don't care. :roll:

My time. My money. If I'm not enjoying it I'm out.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

wsu with the empty stands and they're top10 lol.

as for us, going on the road and laying a historic egg in the first half isn't going to help home attendance the following week.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Feeling iffy about having tickets to the next game.
Mike Luke's burner account.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

KillerKlown wrote:Feeling iffy about having tickets to the next game.

Don't you know? You are supposed to show up just because. Blind support is the answer.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Find something better to do.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

cats101 wrote:
Find something better to do.
:!: Stay home and eat turkey sandwiches till i grow feathers!
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

The UofA and ASU game next week.............the most meaningless four hours of your life you'll never get back.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
You do realize that continuing to waste your money and time on a product that has been historically mediocre, is currently pretty shitty, and shows no signs of improving just so some judgmental asshole on the Internet doesn’t call you “fair weather” is the exact definition of insanity right?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
You do realize that continuing to waste your money and time on a product that has been historically mediocre, is currently pretty shitty, and shows no signs of improving just so some judgmental asshole on the Internet doesn’t call you “fair weather” is the exact definition of insanity right?
Actually, the definition of insanity is watching Wildcat football over and over again and expecting different results...

*sigh*
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Machina says "Fair Weather", I say sensible and discerning. UA football is not owed blind loyalty.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Just over 57,000 at the usc/ucla game yesterday. The stadium was barely half full. Maybe sports isn't that big of draw in modern day culture. With big screen TV's and the ability to watch games on your phone, people have different priorities than older generations. People don't identify themselves as strongly with sports teams as in the past. This isn't just an Arizona situation. The world is changing and sports isn't the center of people's lives anymore
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAdevil wrote:Machina says "Fair Weather", I say sensible and discerning. UA football is not owed blind loyalty.
Do what you want. Your call. Not better or worse for it. Just know this choice makes it harder for UA to succeed
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PHXCATS wrote:
UAdevil wrote:Machina says "Fair Weather", I say sensible and discerning. UA football is not owed blind loyalty.
Do what you want. Your call. Not better or worse for it. Just know this choice makes it harder for UA to succeed
Do you have any idea what a worried look we're all giving you right now?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Good thing there are no bad fans in Pullman.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

PHXCATS wrote:
How many negative experiences must I endure to adequately help the program? Decade upon decade? Indefinitely? What has the program ever done to show us fans that it even has the potential to be better consistently? I've followed UA fb for 35 years. Where we are now IS what UA has always been. The fans are one very, very tiny variable in the equation. There's so much structurally wrong with UA fb. Fix that, be consistently competitive and the fans will show. I am sick of it and am at a point where I just have very few fucks to give about the program. I've no desire to go to any games. That could change, but right now I'd rather occupy my time with things that bring me joy. UA fb does not do that, and hasn't for a very long time. No matter the shaming of "fair weather" bullshit. The fb program is not a charity.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I'm quite confident that every one that posts on this football board (a board for fanatics) has given Arizona Football every opportunity to earn loyalty and faith and they have repeatedly squandered those opportunities time and time again. Hell going into this season the Sumlin hire inspired a new opportunity for any of us who try to give a modicum of shit about this program to buy in and naturally that opportunity was shut down after 1 game and if not then then definitely after the 2nd game. Sometimes there's just better things in life worth giving your time and devotion to on a Saturday night, whether it be family, friends, or the skanky 2 at the other side of the bar at closing time. How that's hard for anybody to understand is beyond me.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This ASSU game all of a sudden might be the game that really makes or breaks the future of the athletic department.

We have all been fans most of our lives and the guys I go to the games with have sll given up tailgating and while we still buy tickets st of us have taken a pass on going. Now there us a lot of talk about not renewing and I am sure many others feel that way.

Without growing a new, younger fan base, I am not sure where the AD will get its revenue. I do think PHXCATS is plugged into the AD and you can sense his desparation in trying to get people to go. I am sure the AD knows as well.

Have another shit show this week and lose and you will be lucky to sell 20k season tickets next year. I bet we don't even sell 50k for the game this week. Sad times in our programs history
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

The early start time will help the attendance of this game 1000000%

The stat that shows the disparity of Arizona game start times is very telling on the vendetta the PAC12 and Larry Scott have against the U of A. Those later start times kill the fan base. Not to mention the product on the field has been less than what people want
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

whatisee wrote:The early start time will help the attendance of this game 1000000%

The stat that shows the disparity of Arizona game start times is very telling on the vendetta the PAC12 and Larry Scott have against the U of A. Those later start times kill the fan base. Not to mention the product on the field has been less than what people want

I am sorry but I cannot let this go.

LARRY SCOTT FUCKING SUCKS SO BAD but the late kickoff times have nothing to do with him. And the late start times are actually the opposite of a vendetta.

With the TV deals which at the time were the richest in NCAA but have seens been blown out by new SEC and Big Ten deals and the upcoming ACC deal, MSPN and Fox got to pick the games they wanted before the PAC-12 most weeks. I believe there is one week PAC-12 gets the first choice.

So all weeks but one the networks draft the games and assign their network and time accordingly for Saturday games. Friday and Thursday games are determined pre season.

MSPN
Fox
PAC-12
MSPN
PAC-12
PAC-12

or
Fox
MSPN
PAC-12
Fox
PAC-12
PAC-12

U of A only played one game on PAC-12 networks in conference. That is a huge sign of respect.

Now Fox and MSPN gave all that money, a record at the time keep in mind, because they have four legit windows to broadcast games, give or take a few minutes. Noon eastern, 3:30 eastern, 7 eastern and 10:30 eastern. You cannot broadcast games in the noon window and with the other deals MSPN and Fox have you cannot broadcast Big Ten and SEC games at 10:30pm. So Fox and MSPN gave that money to the PAC-12 to fill those slots specifically minus key matchups for the 330 or 7 slots. Not being good enough to make Fox or MSPN put us at 330 or 7 eastern is not a vendetta
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

For what it's worth, I didn't think Martin Stadium was bad at all. Just small. Super friendly fans, except for the one jackass in an ASU hat.

From what the locals were saying, there are no classes at WSU this week so most of the students (who would normally be in the sections of empty seats in that photo) were gone.
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

This is why. Today. I will absolutely not attend another game ever again.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

scumdevils86 wrote:This is why. Today. I will absolutely not attend another game ever again.
The juice is definitely not worth the squeeze. After the years of shit this team has put on the field, they have to earn fan support.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If I was a season ticket holder Heeke would be getting some nasty emails and phone calls now about the coordinators Sumlin has.
scumdevils86 wrote:This is why. Today. I will absolutely not attend another game ever again.
I imagine quite a few who attended today are saying the same thing.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Uhh. Because. We. Suck.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Exhibit A through fucking ZZZZ right there.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I made the mistake of buying tickets for the 3rd time this seasob. I will not spend my hard earned money on another game for a long time. Play not to lose and you lose. What a joke.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Pretty big crowd today, but games like this are what tank attendance.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I went. Feeling like shit right now. Nothing like ASU chants after the game on your own turf. Mazzone and Yates need to go asap.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Next season look for RichRod attendance numbers after this fiasco.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

You guys are all Fairweather!!! How dare you not want to spend your hard earned money on this program!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Cool story bad fan
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Cool story bad fan
Enjoy spending your time and money on this garbage. Must be hard to keep up though with the gambling addiction. Get some help.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Cool story bad fan
Enjoy spending your time and money on this garbage. Must be hard to keep up though with the gambling addiction. Get some help.
Ok mr obsessed with me
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Cool story bad fan
Ok mr obsessed with me
You guys would do the board a huge favor by not responding to each other.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Cool story bad fan
Ok mr obsessed with me
I did for a very long time but he continued to respond to me with things nothing to do with him. If he will I will go back to ignoring his obsessed ass
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

You know, beside the on field product, I wasn’t very happy with concessions today.
Stopped to buy wife a visor at a booth on mall. Probably 20 minutes in line to ring up 12 people. Our turn to pay and the laptop crashes. They only have one. Decided to use cash. Tax not included in prices so had to deal with getting change (coins).
Then I spent all of halftime plus about 5 minutes of 3rd qtr (game minutes) to buy a soda and two hotdogs.
After berryhill td, wife went to get refill, waited about 15 minutes in line.
Beer line, NW concourse, was so long all game we just skipped it.
Maybe put a few TVs above the concession stands?
I’m sick of seeing same ten fans on the Jumbotron. Show more and better replays.
One of the hand washing stations didn’t work.

If they want people at games, the need to make the experience as close to the home experience as possible.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Cool story bad fan
Ok mr obsessed with me
If I'm not mistaken I said nothing to him or about him and he sought out my comment to respond with his trolling bad fan remark. But yea.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:If I'm not mistaken I said nothing to him or about him and he sought out my comment to respond with his trolling bad fan remark. But yea.
Maybe both of you can seek the high road and leave the horse shit to the PR&B forum.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Postmaster wrote:You know, beside the on field product, I wasn’t very happy with concessions today.
Stopped to buy wife a visor at a booth on mall. Probably 20 minutes in line to ring up 12 people. Our turn to pay and the laptop crashes. They only have one. Decided to use cash. Tax not included in prices so had to deal with getting change (coins).
Then I spent all of halftime plus about 5 minutes of 3rd qtr (game minutes) to buy a soda and two hotdogs.
After berryhill td, wife went to get refill, waited about 15 minutes in line.
Beer line, NW concourse, was so long all game we just skipped it.
Maybe put a few TVs above the concession stands?
I’m sick of seeing same ten fans on the Jumbotron. Show more and better replays.
One of the hand washing stations didn’t work.

If they want people at games, the need to make the experience as close to the home experience as possible.

Took me almost 45 minutes to get a beer. Missed the entire 1st quarter. 2 people checking IDs. Two!
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

At the usc game we went to SW corner, which is outside of stadium and I walked right up to table. But they had 3 tables with multiple taps.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I missed a saftey and a fieldgoal. I went to a stand with 7 mins still remaing at half time. Small line, long wait.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I was too my fridge and back on the couch within 15 seconds each and every time.