Bear Down - The Force Awakens

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

the real dill

Bear Down - The Force Awakens

Post by the real dill »

Last edited by the real dill on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
azgreg

Re: Bear Down - The Force Awakens

Post by azgreg »

Fantastic!
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Hokey.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

Timely and fun. Dig it!
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

I'm with you Carcassdragger. I like that we're creating content. But I wish the videos we put out contained an original thought. Instead of just editing footage over the IP of one of the most famous movie franchises of all time (not to mention, one that was created by an alumnus of a rival school).
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

TuiTouchdown wrote: (not to mention, one that was created by an alumnus of a rival school).
Sorry but if preferring Lucas to Bruckheimer makes me a closet Trojan than so be it.

(To say nothing of the fact that Bruckheimer (to my knowledge) has not contributed to UofA in any meaningful way.)

Having said that, I do agree that these videos get a little too much love. They're fun for 1 viewing, but this is about the 10th one they have done that's "let's show football highlights over the top of the soundtrack of a current movie trailer" - the gimmick is pretty stale now.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So what would you like to see?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:So what would you like to see?
Bewbs
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Edit the audio so that it fits the video.....no sounds of "pew pew pew" as our players run down the field.

And bewbs.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

https://youtu.be/nO6cXgrC8wI?t=1m19s

I'm sure people think that video is corny too, but it is unique.

I don't mind these videos, but I'm will thrillhouse. If they're going to hype the digitalgurus (who have done some great stuff) do something interesting.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

azthrillhouse wrote:
Edit the audio so that it fits the video.....no sounds of "pew pew pew" as our players run down the field.
Agreed. Edit Ford's "Chewie" out too, really doesn't match to anything in the video. Neither does the Vader breath, unless you're willing to make some kind of completely unfounded assertion about Button Salmon.

Other than that, it's fun for one-time viewing, but yeah, digitalgurus need to work a bit on their audio editing. Could've made quite a bit more out of that, actually, if they cared about mixing game/play-by-play tracks in.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Going down the list of what I'd like to see:

1. Personally, I'd like to see digital gurus get some behind the scenes stuff that would give us more to talk about during the off-season. Some original content, maybe interviews with position coaches or players for example, that would get people to come back to watch what's going on. Cut that with footage, and I'd watch that.

Obviously, that may be hard to tackle. Resources may be low and access to the coaches may be limited.

2. If they're looking to cut game footage, they can easily do a series of edited videos based on themes from that would have content for people to come back to. A video series looking at the Offense, WRs, Defense, LBs, Big hits, etc from last season (and maybe seasons past).

3. Next on the list would be just cut game footage with a killer track, and have an editor who knows what they're doing. Pump up video. One comes out every so often, we watch it, but they're one-offs that every school does.

The video they put together was so random and didn't have anything to do with anything. There was no concept. The video came out months after the trailer came out, and the movie isn't out yet. It wasn't cut to where it made any sense. It's not like it was offensive in any way, just lazy content.

BTW, my comment about George Lucas wasn't suggesting that we needed to use Bruckheimer. It was just to point out that the audio had nothing to do with the video in any way.