25 lies you will tell yourself on National Signing Day

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Dkenner

25 lies you will tell yourself on National Signing Day

Post by Dkenner »

It's the most self-delusional time of the year, and everyone's gonna tell the same lies together!

Rival U is cheating significantly more than my school is.

Our many JUCO signees have unique stories full of context and nuance, unlike Rival U's, who are bad people.

Recruiting rankings are [total bullshit/anti-Great Plains/flawed forever because Texas commits were overrated like five years ago/ESECSPNBIAS/social constructs devised by the patriarchy] anyway.

Rival U's four-star quarterback should play wide receiver or whatever.

Our four-star wide receiver/athlete just needs one year of coaching and ~voila~ a quarterback.

He's only a two-star because he's not in ~our~ strength program yet.

[massive spree of excuses for your school's mediocre academic rankings and sad NFL Draft production, all in the same list somehow]
I know a guy who says [...].

Rival U's out here cutting student-athletes from its commitment list as if it's a downsizing drug cartel, whereas your critiques of my alma mater severing ties with some unacceptable players lack the facts.
After studying* his film**, I think [...].

Rival U's top signee wasn't even the best player in his own Home Ec class.

Player said he chose us over Rival U because of our engineering program. This is why my school is special. The media should make a bigger deal out of this. Wow, the first Super Bowl MVP to land on Jupiter; can't wait. He made a 400-year decision, not a four-year decision. Rival U doesn't even have an engineering program that I acknowledge. I am shuddering with hope for the future of our species.

Player said he chose Rival U over us because of their engineering program. Engineering cheating.

Enormous monster speedbeast will never make the NFL, and the reason for that is he signed at Rival U.

That our many unrated players have the same rating as Ed Reed is noteworthy.

Kansas State has two-stars. Kansas State wins. We have two-stars. ERGO FACTO.

Most of these signees and our head coach will still be here in four years.

He only picked Rival U because his girlfriend/mom/dog/brother goes there. We didn't even waste all of our time trying, wisely.
My tweets at recruits mattered.

Alabama lost to underdog recruiting lightweight Ohio State a couple years ago, so recruiting rankings are meaningless.

Khalil Mack and like a million blue chips get picked in the NFL Draft, so recruiting rankings are meaningless.

The NCAA will do something about Rival U's cheating soon.

The NCAA.

I'll try and pay less attention to recruiting next year.

We didn't want him.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... itll-be-ok" target="_blank
chiefzona

Re: 25 lies you will tell yourself on National Signing Day

Post by chiefzona »

Cool article! Thanks for posting!
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Great article and liked this link too for all the idiots who say recruiting rankings do not matter

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... -two-stars
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Newportcat wrote:Great article and liked this link too for all the idiots who say recruiting rankings do not matter

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... -two-stars
No one says recruiting rankings don't matter. Some might point to recruiting sites misevaluating certain kids, but I think everyone would agree they get it right often enough to put stock in their evaluations.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

So as it relates to our class...
1. everyone cheats more than we do?
2. He's a two star because he came from Canada?
3. He's tiny for a running back but his shiftiness will more than compensate for that.
4. Doesn't matter that none of his other twenty offers were from Power5 schools.
5. Give him a year or two to put on 50 pounds and he'll do great at defensive end.

I'm sure I can think of more but I'm not going to.
Sid

Post by Sid »

tgrumpy2 wrote:So as it relates to our class...
1. everyone cheats more than we do?
2. He's a two star because he came from Canada?
3. He's tiny for a running back but his shiftiness will more than compensate for that.
4. Doesn't matter that none of his other twenty offers were from Power5 schools.
5. Give him a year or two to put on 50 pounds and he'll do great at defensive end.

I'm sure I can think of more but I'm not going to.
I think a bit of ball gets played out here in So Cal...the LA freaking Times running back of the year in this tiny football market was JJ Taylor.

3 stars seems about right, fucking comedy!