2018 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatsbyAZ

Re: 2018 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UALoco wrote:So what is the general consensus on how well RR and team has done so far with this recruiting class?
It's underwhelming and unambitious.

However, if everyone stays in the program and steadily develops it can be better than the sum of its parts.

I'd rather reel in hosts of 3 stars that slowly develop and coalesce over 4 or 5 years (like Iowa's classes) than sign a host of 4 star flame outs that underachieve and contribute nothing to the program (Texas A&M's classes under Sumlin).

It'd be nice to supplement this 3 star corps with some gamebreaking 4 stars.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

as an example of a 4 star game breaker, Kahlil Tate and Kadeem Carey as opposed to Cobb and Ware and we could add Cam Denson to tht list which would be long
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:The assistant coach I knew at Cienega left but my son works at Cienega/played for the previous staff and knows a few of the current coaches so I'll see if I can get an update on Joiner. Last he was told Jamarye was considering changing positions to WR (and later it was reported in local media he wants to run track and doesn't think he can do that and play QB) and he was looking at ASU and a few other schools (Oregon?).

He gone.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

chiefzona wrote:Underwhelming class and apropos for RR’s last class.
This looks like a "throwback" post from last year. Nice touch.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UALoco wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Underwhelming class and apropos for RR’s last class.
This looks like a "throwback" post from last year. Nice touch.

Rich Rod should be pulling way better classes than he has since day 1 of his tenure at Arizona. Come on now. This is year 6 and even his most ardent backers know of his mediocrity on the recruiting front.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Chief was year is this for RichRod again??? I'm confused, as you only state this in about 80% of your thousands of posts.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

LMAO at chief in the other thread saying he has to tone it down here so the pundits don't steal his info, but he lets it all out on Twitter.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

HaCats wrote:Chief was year is this for RichRod again??? I'm confused, as you only state this in about 80% of your thousands of posts.

I'm confused about this post. Enlighten me.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

chiefzona wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:The assistant coach I knew at Cienega left but my son works at Cienega/played for the previous staff and knows a few of the current coaches so I'll see if I can get an update on Joiner. Last he was told Jamarye was considering changing positions to WR (and later it was reported in local media he wants to run track and doesn't think he can do that and play QB) and he was looking at ASU and a few other schools (Oregon?).

He gone.

Talked to my son. FWIW, things seem to have changed. He said that even though Joiner didn't sign in the early period, he intends to stick with Arizona, and has decided to stick with QB as his position. He also said Jamarye changed his Instagram to say Arizona commit around early signing day and also quit wearing other school's gear and is wearing just UofA gear these days. Wants to stay in his hometown.

We'll see if my inside info or chief's is better. ;)
-JB
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

He gone.

Talked to my son. FWIW, things seem to have changed. He said that even though Joiner didn't sign in the early period, he intends to stick with Arizona, and has decided to stick with QB as his position. He also said Jamarye changed his Instagram to say Arizona commit around early signing day and also quit wearing other school's gear and is wearing just UofA gear these days. Wants to stay in his hometown.

We'll see if my inside info or chief's is better. ;)
I said that to get a certain expert’s goat who is in love with JJ. Only way JJ jumps is if he gets a late offer. He’s like Tate was in his recruitment.....he will only go where they want him as a QB. If Sumlin got the ASU job, JJ would’ve jumped like a cricket on a hot stove.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Back track much. Such a load of sh*t. Cool story bro
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Back track much. Such a load of sh*t. Cool story bro

Merry Christmas buddy. I could care less about JJ. He’s a glorified RB who wasn’t good enough to beat out TB for Tucson Turf so he had to play receiver. Which he did well.
SoutherAZ

Post by SoutherAZ »

Tool!
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Like the additions to the trenches, TE's, LB and overall size.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruitin ... s-unsigned" target="_blank
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Apparently we’re not done offering. Another big ugly
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

It appears that we are still pursuing size on the DL. Don't know if we are still pursuing this fellow, but he appears to be of higher caliber than the other JC DT we signed.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Johnson-37968" target="_blank
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

https://247sports.com/player/doug-johnson-45572583" target="_blank

Offered another OT according to Moreno. New OL coach doing some work.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

He gone.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

chiefzona wrote:He gone.
Who gone?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I am guessing chief is referring to this:

-JB
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

5 Day Weather forecast for Lincoln, Nebraska

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USNE0283:1:US" target="_blank

Hope he likes freezing his arse off :lol: :lol: :lol:
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Purportedly Jamarye is not a cold weather guy, would much prefer warm weather school. Just saying...

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruitin ... nsive-line" target="_blank
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Nebraska can have him, Joiner has prove he doesn't want to come to UA. The whole weather talk is just complete BS.

If Joiner really wanted to play for UA? He should of commit early but instead he waiting on next big offer come his way & Nebraska it.

Move on and recruit another QB prospects.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Actually, the whole weather thing is not BS. Could he still head to Neb? Sure but has said he'd much prefer warm climate schools.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

cordera89 wrote:Nebraska can have him, Joiner has prove he doesn't want to come to UA. The whole weather talk is just complete BS.

If Joiner really wanted to play for UA? He should of commit early but instead he waiting on next big offer come his way & Nebraska it.

We had zero legit qbs last class. We can't afford zero qbs two years in a row as a P5 school. He was never going to sigh in December. We've know that for almost a year already.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We should be out recruiting every QB with a pulse right now.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

If Joiner does bail on Arizona then Rich Rod would've had 3 QB commits bail on him in consecutive classes (Modster, Burmeister, & Joiner). That is just not going to get it done at any level ever.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:We should be out recruiting every QB with a pulse right now.

:lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:If Joiner does bail on Arizona then Rich Rod would've had 3 QB commits bail on him in consecutive classes (Modster, Burmeister, & Joiner). That is just not going to get it done at any level ever.

Does Shea Patterson make it 4 for 4?
-JB
prh

Post by prh »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:If Joiner does bail on Arizona then Rich Rod would've had 3 QB commits bail on him in consecutive classes (Modster, Burmeister, & Joiner). That is just not going to get it done at any level ever.

Does Shea Patterson make it 4 for 4?
Patterson was same class as Modster (2016) but I thought he decommitted well before Modster did, if that counts.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

KillerKlown wrote:
cordera89 wrote:Nebraska can have him, Joiner has prove he doesn't want to come to UA. The whole weather talk is just complete BS.

We had zero legit qbs last class. We can't afford zero qbs two years in a row as a P5 school. He was never going to sigh in December. We've know that for almost a year already.
Then it simple, If Joiner decide to go Nebraska over UA? Move on and recruit another QB prospect! It not that difficult to cut the lost and recruit another one, Either it from Transfer QB, JUCO QB or QB prospect that haven't commit yet. Pick your poison.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

cordera89 wrote:
KillerKlown wrote:

Then it simple, If Joiner decide to go Nebraska over UA? Move on and recruit another QB prospect! It not that difficult to cut the lost and recruit another one, Either it from Transfer QB, JUCO QB or QB prospect that haven't commit yet. Pick your poison.
Are any of those legit Pac12 caliber qbs? And if they are what are our chance of getting one this late in the recruiting season?
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

KillerKlown wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
KillerKlown wrote:

Are any of those legit Pac12 caliber qbs? And if they are what are our chance of getting one this late in the recruiting season?
Are any of those even backup caliber qbs?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

KillerKlown wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
KillerKlown wrote:

Like I said We either take a Transfer or JUCO QB with experience or We try to steal James Foster in which hasn't committed yet? If not Then we settle for other QB Prospect in recruiting broad that haven't sign yet. If any of these does not happen. Then we minus well just Convince Dawkins to stay put or Develop Rhett Rod and Lane to be Tate Number 2. What chances do you really want to take other than they have to be PAC 12 Legit?
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

cordera89 wrote:
KillerKlown wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
KillerKlown wrote:

Like I said We either take a Transfer or JUCO QB with experience or We try to steal James Foster in which hasn't committed yet? If not Then we settle for other QB Prospect in recruiting broad that haven't sign yet. If any of these does not happen. Then we minus well just Convince Dawkins to stay put or Develop Rhett Rod and Lane to be Tate Number 2. What chances do you really want to take other than they have to be PAC 12 Legit?
We need a qb like Joiner to develope under Tate. Joiner is the perfect prospect for it in my opinion. They are not a dime a dozen. We can't just go out and pick one up out the street. If we need to convince Dawkins who was arguably the worst qb in the league to stay and help us then that's a very bad sign. Nothing more to it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Joiner isn’t a QB. He’s a slot receiver. They need to start recruiting real QBs.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:Joiner isn’t a QB. He’s a slot receiver. They need to start recruiting real QBs.
Agreed.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Related to PJ...and PJ did mention he was bringing someone with him
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I guess Arizona will be the battleground of a fired coach after LOI day
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Joiner is gonna jump.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:Joiner is gonna jump.
Didn't you say he was going to anyway?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

btfd16 wrote:

Yep. Pretty cool, huh?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

Yep. Pretty cool, huh?
Super! Make those pundits heads spin brother.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

Yep. Pretty cool, huh?
Super! Make those pundits heads spin brother.

You guys do that. Y’all make me shine.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Not necessarily. He wasn't a big RR fan to begin with. It will depend on the next coach.
-JB
az91

Post by az91 »

I saw somewhere that he is waiting for an offer from Alabama. Is he really Alabama good?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

az91 wrote:
I saw somewhere that he is waiting for an offer from Alabama. Is he really Alabama good?

Not in my opinion. He is visiting there though.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UCF’s Josh Heupel is now interested in Joiner.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

A HC hire will change everything, until then, everything is temporary.