Uniforms

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

kabbey520

Uniforms

Post by kabbey520 »

Per some Facebook posts from former players, Wendell Neal says there will be new uniforms in '17. No timetable on when they'll be unveiled.
ChooChooCat

Re: Uniforms

Post by ChooChooCat »

Please have more gradients oh please! If there's one thing we don't have enough of on our main sports uniforms it's gradients! Oh and throw in COPPER! LOADS OF COPPER!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ChooChooCat wrote:Please have more gradients oh please! If there's one thing we don't have enough of on our main sports uniforms it's gradients! Oh and throw in COPPER! LOADS OF COPPER!
Don't forget black and teal.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Please have more gradients oh please! If there's one thing we don't have enough of on our main sports uniforms it's gradients! Oh and throw in COPPER! LOADS OF COPPER!
i think you're thinking of ASU, who's school colors are currently grey, black, white and copper.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:
i think you're thinking of ASU, who's school colors are currently grey, black, white and copper.
Don't forget rust and urine.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:
no they've pretty much abandoned those colors for the grey black and copper. at least us, outside of wearing copper helmets maybe 4 times we're all school colors still (and no, one 2 inch slightly reddish purple stripe on a shoulder pad does not prove otherwise).

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I thought I read somewhere recently that ASSu is going to gravitate back to traditional colors starting this year.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:
no they've pretty much abandoned those colors for the grey black and copper. at least us, outside of wearing copper helmets maybe 4 times we're all school colors still (and no, one 2 inch slightly reddish purple stripe on a shoulder pad does not prove otherwise).
The basketball home unis have gray/silver on the them now and last year we had a gray/silver uni. So we're obviously on that bandwagon. Also the bball team has a couple of uniforms with copper because we love copper.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ChooChooCat wrote: The basketball home unis have gray/silver on the them now and last year we had a gray/silver uni. So we're obviously on that bandwagon. Also the bball team has a couple of uniforms with copper because we love copper.
this thread is about football uniforms.

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I'm not down with Nike's designs for our unis. We obviously get the shittiest designers because the USS Arizona unis designer in house for both sports was better than Nike.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Nike sucks. The most overrated, sweat shop loving, Oregon-promoting and helping company on the planet. If you wear Nike or buy Nike you support the University of Oregon along with their athletic department. Boycott Nike. This has been a public service announcement.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

chiefzona wrote:Nike sucks. The most overrated, sweat shop loving, Oregon-promoting and helping company on the planet. If you wear Nike or buy Nike you support the University of Oregon along with their athletic department. Boycott Nike. This has been a public service announcement.
Agreed. Wouldn't be caught dead wearing that shit for a lot of reasons.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Been Puma and Asics for a long time. F Nike!!!
kabbey520

Post by kabbey520 »

chiefzona wrote:Nike sucks. The most overrated, sweat shop loving, Oregon-promoting and helping company on the planet. If you wear Nike or buy Nike you support the University of Oregon along with their athletic department. Boycott Nike. This has been a public service announcement.
Lol you're still off.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

kabbey520 wrote:
Lol you're still off.
That's one of his few posts that doesn't just address how amazing and smart he thinks he is. Rare thing.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

kabbey520 wrote:
Lol you're still off.

Still off? Ever hear of Nike U?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So the theory here is that we should not buy Arizona gear and provide our athletic department with revenue and an advantageous position in negotiations when our apparel contract is up?

Heh....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:So the theory here is that we should not buy Arizona gear and provide our athletic department with revenue and an advantageous position in negotiations when our apparel contract is up?

Heh....

The 10 year extension signed in 2015 with Nike puts Arizona right with Oregon State and just below Utah in Nike equipment and apparel money per year. It's freaking pathetic. More money goes to Nike in apparel revenue than Arizona. So, you're basically supporting Oregon. Cool stuff, huh? But you can pretend that you support the athletic program.
kabbey520

Post by kabbey520 »

UA agreed to that contract to stay with Nike. So what now?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:So the theory here is that we should not buy Arizona gear and provide our athletic department with revenue and an advantageous position in negotiations when our apparel contract is up?

Heh....

The 10 year extension signed in 2015 with Nike puts Arizona right with Oregon State and just below Utah in Nike equipment and apparel money per year. It's freaking pathetic. More money goes to Nike in apparel revenue than Arizona. So, you're basically supporting Oregon. Cool stuff, huh? But you can pretend that you support the athletic program.
So I pegged your illogical position correctly. Thank you for confirming.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Heh....

So I pegged your illogical position correctly. Thank you for confirming.

Sure thing Shytown. I would never ask the fan base to not buy their team's apparel. I don't do it for different reasons. Just know where your money goes. I have never owned any Nike product...so for me, it's been a lifetime of anti-Nike activism. You do what you want.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

"Shytown"? Just about as creative and intelligent as always...
TyrantCat

Post by TyrantCat »

What an off-season! Bring on the fancy new outfits!

Regarding the Nike debate, pay to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. Or whatever.
gumby

Post by gumby »

"Render unto."

This has been a PSA.

As for unis, just copy the Houston Texans. We have great colors.

https://www.google.com/search?q=houston ... s+uniforms&*" target="_blank
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

chiefzona wrote:

Heh....

Utah is Under Armour. Not sure why you class them with us.

By and large, it's easier to get money from Under Armour because it is a less desirable college sports brand. They have to pay more to get a deal.

I wouldn't mind going modern with football uniforms. It isn't like basketball, where we have a tradition of excellence to reference. The gradients just don't look very good. If you're going to have a look, it's always nice if it relates to the school (like the Duck feathers for Oregon) and the gradient is a throwaway that could literally be any school. Use the rays of the state flag in Wildcat colors or something.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Heh....

By and large, it's easier to get money from Under Armour because it is a less desirable college sports brand. They have to pay more to get a deal.

I wouldn't mind going modern with football uniforms. It isn't like basketball, where we have a tradition of excellence to reference. The gradients just don't look very good. If you're going to have a look, it's always nice if it relates to the school (like the Duck feathers for Oregon) and the gradient is a throwaway that could literally be any school. Use the rays of the state flag in Wildcat colors or something.

Not classing....showing payout. Basketball has traditional uniforms? Does one NT constitute as a tradition of excellence?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

chiefzona wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Heh....

Not classing....showing payout. Basketball has traditional uniforms? Does one NT constitute as a tradition of excellence?
If you start claiming AZ basketball doesn't have a tradition of excellence, it's on. One NC, longest streak of consecutive NCAA's, 17 Sweet 16's...basically the entire intro video. Yes, we have a good basketball tradition.

I tossed in why UA has to pay more for teams as well.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Heh....

Fortunately for us, not a single other soul on the planet recognizes or acknowledges your self-proclaimed brilliance on all things sports-related. If they did, you wouldn't be on this board & twitter constantly bloviating. Your persona of self-importance would be replaced by relevance... but in the real world, we have the pleasure of being your audience. Because your platform of credibility is as broad as the 12 year olds who frequent here.

Next time you drop to your knees to fellate Tommy Trojan at halftime, remember that Arizona has 15 conference championships in BB over the last 32 years, and USC has won that many FB conference championships in the last 40.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Heh....

Fortunately for us, not a single other soul on the planet recognizes or acknowledges your self-proclaimed brilliance on all things sports-related. If they did, you wouldn't be on this board & twitter constantly bloviating. Your persona of self-importance would be replaced by relevance... but in the real world, we have the pleasure of being your audience. Because your platform of credibility is as broad as the 12 year olds who frequent here.

Next time you drop to your knees to fellate Tommy Trojan at halftime, remember that Arizona has 15 conference championships in BB over the last 32 years, and USC has won that many FB conference championships in the last 40.
Well, that's refreshing Harvey and quite a fun spin on things. I'm just a poster like you. Are you calling the pundits 12 year olds? Interesting that you bring up Tommy Trojan and fellatio. Arizona is a basketball school and USC is a football school. Arizona to me is not excellent in basketball. One NC 20 years ago doesn't constitute excellence to me. USC has traditional excellence in football but lately....not so much. I don't count conference championships or invitations to the dance as excellence but that's just me. I am an Arizona grad and one thing that has always befuddled me is the acceptance of mediocrity. That's where I separate myself from "regular" Arizona fan. Nice post though and great story. Alcohol and posting rock. Let's talk some football, eh? :D
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Only a troll would say AZ is not an excellent basketball school. This clown isn't worthy of a real response.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well there have been approximately 50 football champions which represents almost 45% of all teams.

There have been about 35 schools win the tourney in basketball which Is about 12%

Both are select company but it appears more difficult to win a bball championship than one in football
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Well there have been approximately 50 football champions which represents almost 45% of all teams.

There have been about 35 schools win the tourney in basketball which Is about 12%

Both are select company but it appears more difficult to win a bball championship than one in football

That's definitely an interesting take. With as many teams are in the tourney, I think I might agree.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If Arizona isn't excellent, here's a list of other programs that aren't excellent in basketball.

Kansas-only one NC in the last 20+ years.
Indiana-zero NC's in the last 20 years, nearest one is 30 years old this year.
UCLA-one NC, a bit over 20 years ago.
Georgetown-zero NC's in the last 30 years.
Syracuse-one NC in the modern era.

Arizona doesn't have the history in the 70's and before that some of those schools have, but has been roughly equal or better as compared to any of those programs in my lifetime (I'm 35).
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pokinmik wrote:Only a troll would say AZ is not an excellent basketball school. This clown isn't worthy of a real response.
Oh Chief isn't a troll. He's a truth-teller. Just ask him. Of course when you ask him to say something definitive about the football program he dances around it like a twelve-year-old girl at a ballet recital...
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:If Arizona isn't excellent, here's a list of other programs that aren't excellent in basketball.

Arizona doesn't have the history in the 70's and before that some of those schools have, but has been roughly equal or better as compared to any of those programs in my lifetime (I'm 35).

Ok. So, they aren't excellent. I've never heard a coach or player say that they joined a school to win a conference championship, make it to the the sweet sixteen, or get invited to the dance. That's not the end game. Excellence to me is achieving the end game. But hey....I'm not a basketball guy nor do I pretend to be. College basketball has lost it's luster with me because of the one and dones. I'm more of a NBA basketball guy. There's nothing like college football IMO.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

chiefzona wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:If Arizona isn't excellent, here's a list of other programs that aren't excellent in basketball.

Ok. So, they aren't excellent. I've never heard a coach or player say that they joined a school to win a conference championship, make it to the the sweet sixteen, or get invited to the dance. That's not the end game. Excellence to me is achieving the end game. But hey....I'm not a basketball guy nor do I pretend to be. College basketball has lost it's luster with me because of the one and dones. I'm more of a NBA basketball guy. There's nothing like college football IMO.
Even in CFB, Texas and Oklahoma are programs most would say have a tradition of excellence and have one NC each in the last quarter century. Michigan has a split natty in that period.

Yeah, people want NC's, but it doesn't mean they happen all the time. I feel like you're way overrating the frequency.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Even in CFB, Texas and Oklahoma are programs most would say have a tradition of excellence and have one NC each in the last quarter century. Michigan has a split natty in that period.

Yeah, people want NC's, but it doesn't mean they happen all the time. I feel like you're way overrating the frequency.
I agree with you for the most part. Excellence is a powerful word. I don't see the Arizona basketball program as excellent. I think it's a good program. I don't see Miller as an elite or excellent coach. He's a good coach.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

chiefzona wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

I agree with you for the most part. Excellence is a powerful word. I don't see the Arizona basketball program as excellent. I think it's a good program. I don't see Miller as an elite or excellent coach. He's a good coach.
With all due respect, and remember I'm saying with all due respect, that opinion ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

SS – no respect needed. We all have opinions.
kabbey520

Post by kabbey520 »

For those who aren't on WA:

I've talked to a few players, and also Wendell Neal at the baseball game at Normal a couple weeks ago. I asked for details, and he said he couldn't give any at the time because Nike is being strict with them & he doesn't wanna burn any bridges. They are in, but the players haven't seen them yet. He also said that Rich Rod wanted to show em on Signing Day this past February, but Nike told them no. He has no idea when they'll be unveiled, but it'll be closer to the start of the season. I'm guessing late July/early August, but hopefully sooner. I talked to Brandon Dawkins the other day & said he'll let me know what they look like when they see em.

I have a clue & have heard some rumors of what they'll look like, which will be a traditional striping pattern, although I don't know if that'll be on the jerseys or pants. If you look at some of the Nike gear that has been released for the upcoming season, Nike has patterns on each school's gear that resembles patterns on their respective uniforms. Ours show a navy & red stripe together, so that may be a hint. I also don't know anything about the helmets.

If I hear or see anything else, I'll post it in here.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

The only images I could find for new Nike uniforms this year were the new Detroit Lions' uniforms.

Hopefully its a sign of what we are going to get; clean, classic, and rainbow free.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Going back to something similar to this would be acceptable.

Sid

Post by Sid »

I just hope that design team is long gone from Nike as they obviously hated the UofA.

That would speak to the atrocious design scheme those fuckers stuck us with....can't be any worse, I'm excited to see the new unis!
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

BSU's new Nike Vapor Untouchable uniforms have been released. Big deal on the local sports radio this morning. First new design for BSU in 7 years. I see stripes on the shoulders . . .

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/co ... 59829.html" target="_blank
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... le-uniform" target="_blank

I wonder if Arizona qualifies for the new Vapor Untouchable line.