23 Gary Brightwell

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

23 Gary Brightwell

Post by ANGCatFan »

Brightwell is a 5-11, 196, Freshman running back from St. Frances Academy, Baltimore, MD. He is an Arizona player, so you shouldn't be surprised to learn that he only played 4 games last year due to an injury. In the games he did play Brightwell rushed for 519 yards with a 6.7 ypc average and 8 TDs. As a Junior Brightwell ran for 1309 yards, a 9.9 ypc average, and 19 TDs. More importantly he has already turned heads in camp and is getting noticed even behind some outstanding running backs. I still expect him to redshirt, but he may find a way to see the field and has asked the coaches to also spend time at the slot receiver.

23 is the number of TDs Arizona scored in the red zone last year on 40 opportunities. They also made 8 field goals in the red zone and failed to score 9 times.
ANGCatFan

Re: 23 Gary Brightwell

Post by ANGCatFan »

Boy, was I wrong. Brightwell will not only see the field, but he may be a player having a breakout year.

Ramjet already posted this Rosenblatt, Star, story on Brightwell in the 2017 football thread, but it is another must read! It has everything; loss, hard work, recruiting insight, player evaluation, and more!

Brightwell's life story is way more impressive than his football ability, but it is 8 days until the season and this football tidbit really caught my eye:
(Nick) Wilson has never seen a freshman like him.

“It’s not even the mental side. He picked that up very quickly, but it just seemed like he went from running back to wide receiver and didn’t have no hiccups, no issues. … His running style is explosive, he can cut on a dime and he runs hard. He’s impressive.
I find this exciting mostly because Wilson was in camp with J.J. Taylor just last year. If Brightwell is even near Taylor's ability as a Freshman we are going to have some impressive offensive weapons this year. Now, if coach would just throw to the tight end.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Very excited to see this guy. Where is chief to lay a turd in our punch bowl Ang?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Very excited to see this guy. Where is chief to lay a turd in our punch bowl Ang?

Right here.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Lots of character guys in this class with talent. I see hope on this roster. Yates is going to have a much more aggressive scheme with better talent. If we can string some first downs together RR might survive
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Lots of character guys in this class with talent. I see hope on this roster. Yates is going to have a much more aggressive scheme with better talent. If we can string some first downs together RR might survive

That's what the pundits and people who profit off of the program say.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Lots of character guys in this class with talent. I see hope on this roster. Yates is going to have a much more aggressive scheme with better talent. If we can string some first downs together RR might survive

Actually I think that's what most people that have watched them say. The key word is might and that's all we're saying. I know the very thought of RR surviving sends you into a fits of door knob sucking and table leg chewing and personally I kind of like that. LOL
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Actually I think that's what most people that have watched them say. The key word is might and that's all we're saying. I know the very thought of RR surviving sends you into a fits of door knob sucking and table leg chewing and personally I kind of like that. LOL

I've seen them. I see good and bad. Actually, I want RR to stay. Sorry to spoil your black panther party. :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You have no real desires for RR to see RR succeed, that would be anti human nature. The very nature is that you want to be right. At best you disrespect RR. You might like him but for him to succeed that's means you were wrong and your just not that good Chief
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

I've seen them. I see good and bad. Actually, I want RR to stay. Sorry to spoil your black panther party. :lol:
Why do you have to cu.nt up every thread? You're starting to make this place unbearable
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:You have no real desires for RR to see RR succeed, that would be anti human nature. The very nature is that you want to be right. At best you disrespect RR. You might like him but for him to succeed that's means you were wrong and your just not that good Chief

I have desires to see the football program to succeed. RR lost that vision a couple of years ago when he became complacent and lazy. That to me is detrimental, irresponsible, and downright stupid. I have already been right and frankly, I'm tired of it. I just enjoy the game. It's more fun that way. I was contacted by someone in the program and talked too and I respected what was said. It's all good. How about that Brightwell kid? ;)
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:You have no real desires for RR to see RR succeed, that would be anti human nature. The very nature is that you want to be right. At best you disrespect RR. You might like him but for him to succeed that's means you were wrong and your just not that good Chief

I have desires to see the football program to succeed. RR lost that vision a couple of years ago when he became complacent and lazy. That to me is detrimental, irresponsible, and downright stupid. I have already been right and frankly, I'm tired of it. I just enjoy the game. It's more fun that way. I was contacted by someone in the program and talked too and I respected what was said. It's all good. How about that Brightwell kid? ;)
My comment from the Tony Ellison thread, just so you don't miss it:

I was in your corner for a while, but perhaps I'm a little slow. Things have changed. Your many detractors are correct: You are really just an attention whore with an ax to grind.
No need to go into detail here. We are all aware. You will obviously continue to post, but because you never offer anything of substance, only bullshit, no, I won't be staying with you.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

MrMeow wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

My comment from the Tony Ellison thread, just so you don't miss it:

I was in your corner for a while, but perhaps I'm a little slow. Things have changed. Your many detractors are correct: You are really just an attention whore with an ax to grind.
No need to go into detail here. We are all aware. You will obviously continue to post, but because you never offer anything of substance, only bullshit, no, I won't be staying with you.
It ain't about me bud. It's about football. You'd be surprised who is in my corner. They have to do it behind closed doors so that they aren't ridiculed. Haha. Enjoy the season Meow Mix....it should be fun.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Yea Right. LOL
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:

So someone from the program contacted you and asked you to stop being thee program cancer that you are. So it is confirmed, got it

Either way its going to be an interesting season. Hopefully after we start we focus on the kids and the games and let the W/L record take care of the RR debate
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

So someone from the program contacted you and asked you to stop being thee program cancer that you are. So it is confirmed, got it

Either way its going to be an interesting season. Hopefully after we start we focus on the kids and the games and let the W/L record take care of the RR debate

No. About leaking info. Yeah, it'll be interesting.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Maybe we could have a chief thread that could be updated periodically.

That would keep every thread from devolving into "The All About Chief Show."
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

wyo-cat wrote:Maybe we could have a chief thread that could be updated periodically.

That would keep every thread from devolving into "The All About Chief Show."

Pan up.... It wasn't me. :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ANGCatFan wrote:Boy, was I wrong. Brightwell will not only see the field, but he may be a player having a breakout year.

Ramjet already posted this Rosenblatt, Star, story on Brightwell in the 2017 football thread, but it is another must read! It has everything; loss, hard work, recruiting insight, player evaluation, and more!

Brightwell's life story is way more impressive than his football ability, but it is 8 days until the season and this football tidbit really caught my eye:
(Nick) Wilson has never seen a freshman like him.

“It’s not even the mental side. He picked that up very quickly, but it just seemed like he went from running back to wide receiver and didn’t have no hiccups, no issues. … His running style is explosive, he can cut on a dime and he runs hard. He’s impressive.
I find this exciting mostly because Wilson was in camp with J.J. Taylor just last year. If Brightwell is even near Taylor's ability as a Freshman we are going to have some impressive offensive weapons this year. Now, if coach would just throw to the tight end.
This is the only type of stuff keeping me interested this year. Thanks for posting!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?