Congrats

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

MrBug708

Congrats

Post by MrBug708 »

You guys were able to exercise some demons vs the Bruins and earned the win. In the past, our LB'ers were athletic enough to stop RichRod's offense, but the group we have now just seems slow and poorly coached. Add that to a defensive line that just doesn't have it, it made for a bad matchup. Offensively Rosen had some drops, but a couple of bad decisions ended up costing him any chance of a comeback this game. Unfortunatelty for us, Mora's apathy was caught from the Morgan Center and Dan Guerrero's desire to not have to hire a new coach, has saddled UCLA with some albatross sized buyouts in coaching spots.

I'd say it was a hard fought game, but the team takes on the character of the coach and Mora doesn't seem much like a fighter now, so our defense is a punching bag these days and you guys hit us in the mouth. UCLA football is like USA soccer.
jimson

Re: Congrats

Post by jimson »

Yeah, all that, or maybe we just kicked your ass.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

jimson wrote:Yeah, all that, or maybe we just kicked your ass.
You should have just said tl;dr lol
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Nice to beat a LA school. Tate is the real deal wouldn't you agree Bug?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote:Nice to beat a LA school. Tate is the real deal wouldn't you agree Bug?
He certainly was the best player on the field today, without question. The right player kills it in RichRod's system
Sid

Post by Sid »

MrBug708 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Nice to beat a LA school. Tate is the real deal wouldn't you agree Bug?
He certainly was the best player on the field today, without question. The right player kills it in RichRod's system
Keep your head up Bug. You remember, we were graced by your presence as you were the first to post that one of our prized QB (solid) commitments had flipped to your ruins. You will be in great shape with that guy next season.

Lol
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Sid wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
Keep your head up Bug. You remember, we were graced by your presence as you were the first to post that one of our prized QB (solid) commitments had flipped to your ruins. You will be in great shape with that guy next season.

Lol
What a weird thing to stay bitter over. Especially my first post about him below, when I said he was visiting you guys
MrBug708 wrote:Devon Modster is going to visit this week or next
Cheers!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

All is right in the world again. Had been upside-down with the sun rising in the west the last 5 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

ASUHATER! wrote:All is right in the world again. Had been upside-down with the sun rising in the west the last 5 years.
Yeah but you quit on this team a while ago and quit on this game a week and a half ago.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Sid

Post by Sid »

MrBug708 wrote:
Sid wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

Lol
What a weird thing to stay bitter over. Especially my first post about him below, when I said he was visiting you guys
Cheers!
Hmmm. Minutes after he flips to your school you post here and we shouldn't be bitter? I guess you were just doing us all a favor by letting us know we lost a QB we wanted. You're doing the Lords work Bug, I get it!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Sid wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
Sid wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

Lol
Cheers!
Hmmm. Minutes after he flips to your school you post here and we shouldn't be bitter? I guess you were just doing us all a favor by letting us know we lost a QB we wanted. You're doing the Lords work Bug, I get it!
What a weird thing to remember and freak out about. For much of the first four years of RichRod/Mora tenure, I posted in the recruiting thread about a variety of prospects, whether they were committing to Arizona or not. Not sure why this one still bothers you
Sid

Post by Sid »

Bug- Again, he was committed to us! I had already heard about the flip, but YOU were the very first to make sure others knew the news on this board. Bug, if you were a SC alum it wouldn't matter. The fact is you simply wanted to boast, you know it and I know it. Were you not the very first to post about the flip to your school? I'm probably the only one on this site that is bothered by what you did, so don't let it bother you. I wanted the kid, his HS is 5 miles from my house, I was pissed we lost him to your fucking shady coach. Your post letting us all know we lost him to YOUR school was the icing on the cake.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

There we go, some brevity and context. It's mostly full of nonsense, but it's progress. You should even go back and look at the conversation, you were part of it.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Yeah I constantly asked Bug his opinion on recruits and what he was hearing from the ucla side. If he posted that it wasn't to rub it in, it was just to share what he knew which is what I and others asked him to do
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

All I know is I would never post on another team's board. How sad!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

UALoco wrote:All I know is I would never post on another team's board. How sad!
That's a weird take. Having knowledgeable fans from other schools post regularly here makes the discussion a lot more interesting.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:You guys were able to exercise some demons vs the Bruins
That's the feeling I came away with. Way too many losses recently that left a very sour taste in my mouth.

This one felt good.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

People who insist on sniping at Bug in this thread probably don't realize(or perhaps they just don't care) that it is in very poor taste. Accept the congrats, and enjoy the win with a modicum of class.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PieceOfMeat wrote:People who insist on sniping at Bug in this thread probably don't realize(or perhaps they just don't care) that it is in very poor taste. Accept the congrats, and enjoy the win with a modicum of class.
Maybe he should accept the loss with a modicum or class first instead if plastering the board with his holier than thought faux niceness that is as transparent as glass.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:People who insist on sniping at Bug in this thread probably don't realize(or perhaps they just don't care) that it is in very poor taste. Accept the congrats, and enjoy the win with a modicum of class.
Maybe he should accept the loss with a modicum or class first instead if plastering the board with his holier than thought faux niceness that is as transparent as glass.
What in fuck's sake are you talking about? I know you have this unresolved issue with me where you basically need to make up shit to be angry over, but feel free to post anything that even resembles a lack of a "modicum of class"? I get that you've unsuccessfully tried to troll me in the past and I've let you hang yourself with the rope I've allowed, but rather than keep looking like an idiot and hiding your comments like "patronizing little bitch" so nobody will see, but if I truly bother you so much that you need to flame so may threads about me, just ignore me. I don't stray from pretty much two boards all that much and hardly post anything remotely controversial or "mean".

If you can't link them, just shut the fuck up for a change. I know you are like a pet on this board, parroting others thoughts as your own, but if you havent realized, when it comes to sports, most people kind of look at you with a semblance of pity and repugnance. Save the board some pointless drivel and just don't respond to me. You add nothing to any sports conversation and the blatant attempts at dishonesty are tiresome.

I think that about covers it. And your twin will probably call me a Turd, because, well, twinning.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Well, congrats mean more when someone actually gives the other team credit instead of excusing the loss on their coaches apathy etc.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

jimson wrote:
Well, congrats mean more when someone actually gives the other team credit instead of excusing the loss on their coaches apathy etc.
From my OP
You guys were able to exercise some demons vs the Bruins and earned the win.
you guys hit us in the mouth.
Not sure how much more clearly you want it to be.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Exactly. Lots more passive aggressive "we gave you the win" rather than "your D wreaked our QB and your offense run game was too tough to stop" in that original post.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Exactly. Lots more passive aggressive "we gave you the win" rather than "your D wreaked our QB and your offense run game was too tough to stop" in that original post.
As I said, a lot of demons were exercised yesterday, enjoy the demonstrative grandstanding :)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I don't get people who have a problem with Bug's post. It's classy, and there's really nothing wrong with saying there are reasons UCLA lost. There are reasons they lost and reasons we won.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Not a lot of class on the interweb these days, so some people have a hard time recognizing it.

You are right Bug. This win felt good because ucla has pushed us around the last 5 years. Good luck handling your own coaching controversy.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Smh...

Seriously, people. An opposing team's fan congratulates us and analyzes the reasons his team lost and it's 'patronizing' and 'passive aggressive' and 'faux niceness'? It's now obvious to me that Arizona fan has forgotten how to win.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:Smh...

Seriously, people. An opposing team's fan congratulates us and analyzes the reasons his team lost and it's 'patronizing' and 'passive aggressive' and 'faux niceness'? It's now obvious to me that Arizona fan has forgotten how to win.
Have you ever read a Mrbug post...like ever?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:

You should just take the L and move on.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

This is meant for Puerco and bug right? That's all that makes sense.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

No, it's meant for you. You're way overreacting to Bug's posts.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

No, it's meant for you. You're way overreacting to Bug's posts.
Not really. This is the same crap he's been putting on this and the old board for a decade

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:No, it's meant for you. You're way overreacting to Bug's posts.
Not really. This is the same crap he's been putting on this and the old board for a decade
You're showing your ass.

Take it from someone like me who regularly does the same.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Not really. This is the same crap he's been putting on this and the old board for a decade
Keep being wrong, you've got a reputation to uphold.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Puerco wrote:Arizona fan has forgotten how to win.
Precisely this.

Also, even though others have already responded whilst I was away, I wanted to add this: If Bug really wanted to troll us after our win, or be passive aggressive/etc....then I'm sure he very well could have mentioned the targeting penalty we committed or some certain other things but he chose not to. Accept the W and congrats, and move on to Cal.

Sheesh.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

It's been decades since I put in any effort, but I guess a legend never dies :)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Bug stole my wife and children and favorite lamp so he deserves it.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I was hoping the Himalayan Salt Lamp was actually something more than alternative medicine.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I've always considered Bug one of the best contributors to this board and the old one. He's certainly far more valuable to meaningful discussion then several of our own thin-skinned paranoid defensive mouth breathers. Thanks Bug.

This place is really beginning to suck . . .
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

BearDown89 wrote:I've always considered Bug one of the best contributors to this board and the old one. He's certainly far more valuable to meaningful discussion then several of our own thin-skinned paranoid defensive mouth breathers. Thanks Bug.

i think it's better than ever
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

keep on posting Bug
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:I've always considered Bug one of the best contributors to this board and the old one. He's certainly far more valuable to meaningful discussion then several of our own thin-skinned paranoid defensive mouth breathers. Thanks Bug.

More shouting down! Less discussion! Make America Great Again!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

I feel like you don't know what you're saying...
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Too many people focused on turds
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

What a fun thread to rehash.

Sid - Modster just announced that he's transferring.