75 Michael Eletise

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

75 Michael Eletise

Post by ANGCatFan »

Eletise is a 6-3, 323, redshirt Sophomore offensive lineman. Played in 10 games last year as a back-up guard and a starter for field goals and PATs. Eletise is expected to be the starting left guard this year and he needs to get off to a good start as Layth Friekh sits out the first 2 games.

75 is the Arizona record for career tight end receptions set by Gronk in 2007 and 2008 in just 20 games played.
UAEebs86

Re: 75 Michael Eletise

Post by UAEebs86 »

Remember this guy? Caught up in the Todd Graham mess.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Man that sucks to read that. Hoping Big Mike gets some help. Really nice kid. Would love to see the UofA reach out to him and offer some kind of counseling or maybe treatments at UMC
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

https://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewtopic.php?t=51610

Kind of confused how narrative has seemingly changed since last Summer. I guess Graham has given them the cold shoulder since this time? Or perhaps the discord that has begun to filter out from inside the program has given them an opportunity for blood? Who knows?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

What a complicated subject...medical care for football-related concussions. If my kid got a concussion in football, my health care would cover their treatment. Also, I would pull him/her out of football as to not risk future concussions. The decision to continue playing, after the first concussion, is a family decision. I'm no medical doctor but I understand that concussions get increasingly worse and more frequent after the first. So I would be curious, when was Michael's first concussion? Was it diagnosed as a concussion? And then what was the family's reaction that that news? Was he first concussed in PeeWee football? Jr High? Club Football? High School? UA? Hawaii? I would like to hear answers to these questions before deciding if Coach Graham and Hawaii are "responsible" for his health care. Now, just plain doing the right thing...yes, they should provide some assistance. So should UofA. But his parents are ultimately responsible IMHO.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

There is no treatment for CTE, outside of mental health issues.

Research has shown the risk of developing CTE doubles after just three years of playing football, according to a Boston University study, while another study showed 99 percent of 202 deceased football players had CTE.

What happened to Aaron Hernandez and Phillip Adams is just awful, along with their victims. Junior Seau too.